SKIS Painting

Working at SKIS Painting: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

Good place to work if you are in a pinch. Management is a little to busy patting themselves on the back to listen to constructive criticism.

Their choice of personal to head up there safety department is spot on consciousness and experianced to say the least. The Hr department was best as well.

Worst company

DO NOT EVEN APPLY TO WORK HERE , you will get a big talk about how good the component is and how they don’t cut corners , i’ve worked here for 1 year with every worker , and i promise you each one of them do the same thing , no one cares about quality , the office workers can give less about their workers , they will write you up for anything just to not give you a raise , oh and ya WORK HARD DONT COMPLAIN AND IN A YEAR YOU MIGHT GET .60 cents raise . They will do anything to make you feel like your not worth what they pay you so you won’t ask for a raise and if u do ask they will just fire you. oh and last just get ready to be cussed at every day, if your african american don’t even try to work here they will eventually make you wanna quit. i got hired with 12 other people and i was the only one that stayed 1 year then eventually left. terrible management ONLY TALK GOOD NO PROGRESS , that’s why some of the office workers just left and opened their own business

Pros

nothing

Cons

racist, no life, can’t trust anyone, .30cent raises in a year

SKIS Painting insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Awful place to work

Terrible place to work managers are incompetent will put their work on you they lie about raising your wage every employee is unhappy worse place I ever worked

Pros

No pro unless you like working for less than you are worth

Cons

Everything you will never get ahead working here

Management is Lacking

Management is lacking integrity in the highest degree, Specifically Accounting Manager. No work/life balance. No support from upper management. Worked with a great team in the accounting dept with the exception of the manager. He has very poor leadership, controlling and wants his team to “conform” to his controlling ways. Puts his employees at risk of positive Covid exposure, but doesn’t care. The accounting dept has been through numerous employees because of his poor leadership.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Benefits lacking

Just promises Not fair

This company are lossing Good painters Good and Responsable workers ... they dont want pay Right !!! You belive and they work to hire you with some Low pay just for see your work .. and they Say after 3 months you will get the right pay . This never happen if happens is 25 cents like that ... is very poor vision from this company . If you are good worker and good painter This place is not for you .. skis like the people does good work and Just hang out pretend they are A painters .. that is the skis way !!!! So many Clowns as a Painters and lead s !!!

Pros

Human resorches the best

Cons

Low pay, extra poor Team work and lead vision

If your bilingual, you'll be ok.

Can't do a full review right now. I will later. I will say this. I've only worked on one English speaking crew out of 4 crews. Language barrier can be troubling at times. When you are around bilingual, they still communicate to one another in Spanish, so you feel excluded when you are the only non bilingual person, honestly plain rude.

There is a culture difference in different divisions of the company

Was really excited about working at skis, initially I was offered under what I would normally make as a journey man,but told I would get that rate after 90 days if I was any good,I had a positive review but was shy on a point system for my raise,I came to them with all certificates needed and some proving I was a journey man painter the

Poor leadership, double standards, dishonest

Expectations are unachievable, no work/life balance. The leadership team does not look out for the employees, they only care about making money. The decisions lack INTEGRITY, which is a core value. Do your research before accepting ANY position here! Beware!!!

Cons

No work/life balance, dishonest, poor leadership

Skis painting is an excellent place to work! There is a great family dynamic and lots of room for growth. If you are looking for a place to start your career, or further it I would highly recommend SKIS.

Management needs more focus on each branch of company

The lack of attention to the employees on the ground level of the company is the cause of the turnover rate on the amazon crews at Ski's. Only when you shout loud enough do they start to take action. The follow through is lack luster at best.

Pros

Night shift, avoid traffic, avoid people

Cons

Poor management, maps labeled improperly, managers place unwarranted blame

Really nice family company that shares the wealth

Fast-paced job but they are one of the few painters that actually offers good benefits (health/dental/vision all included) and have competitive wages. The teams are friendly and no ego, they just want to do a good job.

Pros

Benefits, Good listeners, Reasonable Management

If you want to work hard and long hours then go for it

All of the work is outside. It seems a tempting offer because the starting pay is high and they will accept anyone and train you. Good but hard job

Pros

Alone time, good pay rate, get to have your phone on you

Cons

Hard work, all out doors, pushy management blame-game management, double-standards for lower coworkers

Longevity in your career

I left a very toxic company in hopes that SKIS would offer something I was looking for. And they have! I have been here for 2 years now, plenty of room to grow, work a ton, and build myself where I want to be in my life. SKIS is a family owned company, and that’s what they push.. FAMILY! Competitive wages, competitive opportunity and a career. Management is great, I learned that if you are willing to commit to them, they are willing to commit to you. Highly recommended, this will be my last job!

Pros

Opportunity, Career

Cons

Night Work

Longevity, Culture, Relationships

I left a very toxic company in hopes that SKIS would offer something I was looking for. And they have! I have been here for a few years now, plenty of room to grow, work a ton, and build myself where I want to be in my life. SKIS is a family owned company, and that’s what they push.. FAMILY! Competitive wages, competitive opportunity and a career. Management is great, I learned that if you are willing to commit to them, they are willing to commit to you. Highly recommended, this will be my last job!

Pros

Oppertunity, Career, Great Pay

Cons

Night Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SKIS Painting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits