SKOOKUM CONTRACT SERVICES Employee Reviews

Easy Job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXOctober 3, 2018
The job at CIF is easy, its the co-workers and the horrible management that makes working there a bad place. There is no room for advancement unless a manager resigns. No Air conditioner in the summer time, so it's extremely miserable. Pay is ok. Alot of favoritism. Overall its a job, to get out the house.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Poor management, healthcare, no ac
The single best job I ever had
Lead (Pb) Worker (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WASeptember 26, 2018
Skookum was the best company I've ever worked for. I hope to work for them again in the future. Excellent benefits. They take care of you as long as you put in the effort and show you care about the career.
Great Atmosphere
Janitor (Former Employee) –  JBLMSeptember 12, 2018
The people you work with are a amazing. Management is there to help and protect your job. Work was easy enough to handle daily along with keeping a good work flow during the day.
Fun place to work
Safety Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 9, 2018
Skookum has incredible values that they live by everyday. They employ amazing people who are fun to work with. Depending on the position, you may even get to travel around which is always fun!
productive
FRIEGHT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 24, 2018
very productive place to work minus proper communication when it comes to supervisors and employees, always had costumer complements with no appreciation from the employer
Best job I've ever had!
Communications (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 12, 2018
Skookum is an amazing place to work. From the moment I arrived here I was welcomed with open arms. I can from a background that had nothing to do with any of the lines of work done here and was still welcome to the team with enthusiasm and excitement. Everyone here is very friendly and easy to approach, even the executives to include our CEO! The mission here is very admirable and is always at the forefront of everything done round here. On top of the work Skookum provides, they also work on government affairs to not only change the way people look at providing jobs for people with disabilities locally but nationally too!
Skookum is a great place to work, full of people with good intentions and hard workers. From janitors and floor crew, to mechanics and corporate staff, everyone is hard working and supportive!
Pros
Hard workers, nice people, great mission, good pay and benefits.
Cons
I have none, this company is great.
Admin. Assistant (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMay 1, 2018
Skookum is a very productive and professional company. There are a lot of opportunities to improve and progress in the company. Typical day at work is busy
Pros
Great Benefits
stressful
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 25, 2018
Skookum is a very cutthroat company, lots of favoritism, and lots of discrimination, it is very hard to enjoy working for Skookum, they are very hard on the people.
Good company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VA 23801April 17, 2018
It's a good company to work for. I've learned a lot working here. We work on a military base and maintain all of the structures and grounds on base.
good people
Freight Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDApril 17, 2018
working here was a great experience and I had wonderful and hard working employees. I would recommend this company to any and everybody. The people here are easy to get along with and good hearted folks.
Great Place to Work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  JBLM, WAApril 15, 2018
I have written a few reviews on indeed about skookum yet they never seem to be published. I worked at their location at JBLM and agree that they are very lost in their mission to help people with disabilities. They love you when you apply and help the big bosses get their bonuses but once your hired your forgotten.

Been with them for over four years until I finally had enough. Our benefits are too expensive for our families. You get no support from our so called HR department. Once upon a time they seemed to care but for the past couple of years its really been bad.

Leadership is lacking and that is sad since many of our managers are former military, to include our CEO.
Pros
its a job
Cons
lack of teamwork, support, and leadership
Overall a great company to work for!
FireWatch Helper (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WA 98312April 8, 2018
Very professional, job culture is pretty solid and fun, pay was great and issues brought up were solved. 9/10 easy career advancement could be worked on but is a nice pipeline into more stable career choices
Pros
Pay, lunch, safety, training
Cons
Career advancement
The best place to work in Kitsap County
Janitorial Lead (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 12, 2018
I truly love this place. This company represents everything I aspire to be apart of in my life. This company truly cares for every single one of its employees and makes you feel like family. They do things for you that no other company does. They pay you GOOD wages and create a truly awesome work environment. They really do care for all their employees and go out of their way to provide training to advance all their employees. They also go out of their way to create a safe work place and accommodate everyone needs. More company's need to take notes from Skookum because they are doing it right!
Supervisor Jerome Brown (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAMarch 2, 2018
Working for Skookum has been a alright experience so far. Like any place it has it's ups and downs but mostly ups with this place. Work can get super choatic but it also has clamer times.
great job
Lead Worker/Laborer/On Call Forklift (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 12, 2018
Nice people to work for and very helpful if you had any problems. You had someone walk you through training and they were very happy to answer any questions and help you with your route
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
sometimes contract ran out which made us have to be off.
really bad experience
Auto Worker (Former Employee) –  jblmJanuary 13, 2018
the fleet managers are completely incompetent and are prolific liars . the in-house H/R is a joke they talk the talk but most definitely don't walk the walk remember they work for management not you. there are good people in fleet just none of them in management. advice don't work there especially if your a mechanic with skills . there are lots of better paying jobs where you will be treated with respect and dignity else ware.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
horrific mismanagement
good place to work
General Labor work lead/ firewatch (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WANovember 14, 2017
I like working for skookum and the type of work ,I like the people ,it's a great place ,very nice people and great work I want to keep working with them
Very cut throat company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WANovember 9, 2017
This company lets there management hire their friends and lets them get away with not working and taking many days off with no notice. They say they will help you like you matter, but those are lies. They say they're there to help people with disabilities, but the company is runned by people who don't have disabilities. I would never work for this company again. They are scam artists.
Pros
Cons
They are listed above
Productive work place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WANovember 8, 2017
Everybody working together as a cleaning crew getting things done with Shop 99 onboard submarines enjoying some views within the job and the people working hard
Fun workplace
Joint Staff Coordinator/ Stock Clerk Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VANovember 1, 2017
Love the overall atmosphere. Very friendly, and willing to help if needed. Love the different working with the different cultures and learning the job.