Skretting

Working at Skretting: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Excellent Company

Skretting is a great company with an excellent workplace culture. There are advancement opportunities and many employees have been with the Company for 20+ years. Great benefits plan.

Last resort for a job

Horrible place to work, warehouse supervisors take in appropriate favors. Supervisors don’t listen to a problem or try to fix them. Typical short handed you’ll be lucky to get a break or lunch, while other employees can disappear for hours and get multiple breaks through out the shift.

Cons

Everything and you stink so does your car

Skretting insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Fair pay for job

Excellent Company to Grow Your Career Long Term

Great team and rewarding work. Throughout my time at Skretting, I have been able to develop my skills and grow professionally. Innovation in every department is encouraged.

Pros

Great pay, bonus, and benefits

Productive workplace that is focused on performance and their people

Great place to work for and environment to be in. Company is very diverse in all ways and supports their people really well. Flexible company that has handled COVID really well

Don’t do it

The management was completely unknowing of what’s actually happening very unsafe place to work would call OSHA treated us like robots no respect lot of problems

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Supervisor, lack of safety, disregard to what employees think

Lack of true leadership

Too many leaders leading one facility, each talking about each other when the other is not around. Unprofessional. Lots of hard workers there but only a few can do certain jobs and they hold the company hostage with their knowledge and the company allows that. Also really 1 individual is the cancer killing the site although family cant work together this 1 individual has a network of family there and I was told to ignore it from my immediate supervisor although I was asked during my interview to bring integrity to the facility they didnt really want it.

Not loyal to employees at all

I worked here for 7 years and I loved the job itself. But all the accounting functions were moved up to Canada and all the accounting people lost their jobs. We were told that is was to save money for the company, but then they hired more people in Canada to do our jobs here in the USA. Skretting is not Loyal to their employees and would do away with jobs without even thinking of the out come.

good job with good management

Skretting was an excellent job with very compassionate management in a typical day we would do anywhere from 10 to 15 separate orders ranging from 10,000 pounds to 180,00 pounds of fish food

Growing company behind in innovation and employee buy-in, under new ownership

High growth and improvement potential, low moral in employees, need to change culture. Management selected by personal relationship, not skill. Poor communication at all levels.

Benefits

Cons

Don't select positions by skills and experience, but by who you know

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skretting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Skretting in popular locations

• Skretting