Sky Bird Travel and Tours Inc.

Working at Sky Bird Travel and Tours Inc.: 16 Reviews

United States16 reviews

We didn't sign up for it

I don't understand where the management gets their expectations from. First of all, they're expecting us to give something that isn't even our job to do. Second, they're not even paying us extra for the extra work. And lastly, we didn't even sign up for it and it's already more than we could handle.

Pros

One thing is for sure, they let you know what they want and they want you to do it asap.

Nepotism wins

The environment can be toxic. There is too much favoritism among senior management. They overwork and underpay and no increase in pay as living costs increase. There are so many good agencies out there I would literally only recommend this company to fresh grads willing to take a beating for a year to get some experience.

Pros

The travel industry is never boring, and people who work in travel or are interested in travel are always passionate.

Sky Bird Travel and Tours Inc. insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Employee-oriented company

We’ve got everything we need to be successful here. The training is top notch and they prepare you for everything you need to be comfortable in your job. Positive and high energy work environment. A job you can look forward to every day.

Pros

Career advancement, training, excellent teamwork

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities in some departments

Diverse, inclusive, and professional workplace

I love the company culture and the values it represents. It can be challenging at first but it’s all worth it. Nice group of professionals to work with. Management is very engaged and proactive in ensuring this remains a healthy and productive place to work.

Pros

Teamwork, supportive management, generous PTO and benefits

Cons

The ups and downs of customer service, hard to please clients

Terrible Company to Work for

Don’t be fooled by the descriptions. This is a dead end job that demands skilled work for low pay, laughable "benefits," and no opportunity for advancement.Marketing is clearly the most undervalued department and is severely micro-managed/disrespected by the CEO and CFO, who have their own levels of entitlement. This isn’t the place to grow your skills or execute fresh/original ideas, as they are continually overruled by the CEO and his personal preferences that ignore audience, marketing trends, strategy, and even proper grammar. This results in multiple redos, wasted time, missed deadlines, and ignored talent. It’s sad to see your own talent and the skill of your coworkers go to waste because of this.You will get better marketing and communication experience toward a real job by working retail, and it will be better for your mental health. Sky Bird is not worth your time and effort.

Pros

Free coffee, nice employees who aren't C-level

Cons

Low pay, toxic environment, micro-managing C-level employees, nepotism

Awful all around

You will not make a livable wage. Their response to the pandemic was deplorable. They denied people benefits like maternity leave. They pressure you do unethical things. They force their religion on people even though this is not a religious organization. DO NOT WORK HERE. You will be poor and your mental health will suffer.

Pros

Cons

everything

Different work culture

Decent GDS training, systems use, good use of earbuds, multi-cultural, etc COuld always be better. Comppany built form the ground up and is still in business through COVID, although downsized, will relly on online biznes and Indian team as they move on

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Long hours, no advancement, micro-management

Management is awful

The floor manager in the Southfield Michigan office has the worst management skill I've every encountered. She berates employee's on the sales floor in front of the other employee's. She is the reason this office has a high turnover rate. This company micro manages which is not the way to build moral. The language barrier makes it hard to grasp the job. This company at times expects their employee's to compromise their integrity which is never ok!

Pros

Flexibility with hours

Cons

Management, pay, language barrier

Best company..good atmosphere

Orgabized..friendly..best manger..good atmosphere..best consolidator for sell air line ticket..best price for group also ..they let all employ to grow up in work

No advancements

You get paid very little for hard work you can’t even afford to live now I guess she’s raising the pay she eagle watches every move you makes tells you to do something then watch’s your every move when you do it... micro manages the offices when you’re on the phone with insurances she’s in your ear telling you things confusing the whole call... tells you don’t do anything without her right up under her then gets mad if you’re not doing anything... discusses patients in front of other patients and disrespects the office staff in front of patients or talks about the office staff directly to patients

Flexibility Plus

I have worked here for years through many changes and updates, this company is growing immensely and definitely for the better! I love what I do and look forward to being here for many years. The people are diverse and sincere and the owner is always ready to lend an ear and be of help when its possible. You will have to earn your way and work hard, but they are open to new ideas and looking forward.

Pros

Flexible schedule, great people, health benefits and vacation time

Cons

Starting pay may be low based on experience

Bouring working Life is very exhausted

Being a Reservation and Ticketing Specialist - Working with skybird was very fruitful as I learned CRS (Amadeus) very nicely. This makes you all perfect and confident with clients and there requirements and company will be always benefited.

Rewarded for excellence

This is not a company where someone can sit back and relax. Hard work is rewarded and opportunities are available, but not just based on seniority. It's important to be able to work with different nationalities and cultures.

Don't work here

You will be exploited. Expected to do an immense amount of work for very little pay. You will not be given any respect for the work that you do. The structure is unstable.

productive and busy work place

its a nice company to work with I enjoyed my time with them the hardest part was working over the weekends and most enjoyable time was that any festival time we celebrate to the fullest.

Boring atmosphere with abrasive management

Difficult to do your job without someone looking over your shoulder. Limited opportunity for advancement. Very low wages across the company. Overall not recommended.

Pros

strict 9-5

Cons

entire management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sky Bird Travel and Tours Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits