Sky Chefs Inc. Employee Reviews

it was ok
Supervisor of Operations/Transportation (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 18, 2019
Gonna make it short sky chef as a supervisor was interesting, a lot of power run the shift as you like but everyone there was a boss wanted to do their own things, very GOSSIPY and unorganized at JFK but they do get the job done I will give them that
Cons
everyones a boss does what they want for their benefit and not company
management
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 9, 2019
i enjoyed working with my current manager. I learned a lot from him on the job. While training with my manger i learned that we should always put our customer first.
benefits
Cons
short break
Very busy and unorganized
Beverage Assembler (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2019
I worked for LSG SkyChefs when they had a contract with JetBlue Airways as an Assembler for the snacks and beverages that are sold on airplanes. The job started out great, then members of management started to leave or retire, things went downhill from there. It's a union job so after 4 months of working a great schedule from 12 pm to 10 pm, 4 days a week, Monday through Thursday I had to bid on my new schedule. I ended up getting a shift from 3 am to 1 pm Friday to Monday which I hated. I had to take the train to work at midnight and wait in the office until 3 am. They changed the shifts three more times over the course of a year, just when you got used to one shift they would have another schedule bid, and change everything around. It was a very dirty place to work and if you complained they would make your life miserable, or find a reason to write you up. Most employees stole food, beverages, and other supplies, the security was horrible. The security should have been much better since these galley carts were going on airplanes which is mandated by the Federal government. The union was a joke, I applied to be a shop steward, and never got to attend training's or union meetings because my supervisor gave me a hard time about leaving to attend the meetings. We paid about $30 to $40 a week for union dues and we never got raises or better health insurance. It's no wonder this company lost their contract with JetBlue to Gate Gourmet.
Pros
Free beverages, free lunches
Cons
Odd work schedules, pay, management, bad union
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 31, 2018
Expected to work overtime and cover for other coworkers. Expected to cross train without compensation. Expected to work as long as they need you to. Sometumes it qas upwards of 14-16 hours a day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, long shifts
Horrible place
Operations Supervisor / sanitation supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MADecember 29, 2018
Horrible place to work, worst HR and Safety Dept ever seen in my life, very disrespectful environment. In east Boston location at the Logan Airport...
great
Food and beverage assembler (Former Employee) –  John F. Kennedy International Airport, NYDecember 26, 2018
working at sky chef was great but it is seasonal work only then when it gets slow they would lay you off until it gets busy again. management is great. working at sky chef is wonderful. would love to go back.
Pros
working there is fun
Cons
na
A life in a nutshell at this company
Cook (Former Employee) –  GuamDecember 19, 2018
Great place to work but management was not cooperating well. I enjoyed learning new life long skills with coworkers and bosses. It has opened up new doors for me.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
management was not fair
great work enivernment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 19, 2018
great placed awesome staffs . easy tasks . manager strict about breaks time couldn't leave work station without letting manger know . hard work less pay
Pros
free foods
Cons
30 minutes break
Laided back atmosphere
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 17, 2018
Made quota evert day .. food was always prepared and ready to be ran the day before.. paper work was easy to fill out and only had to do them ever hour
Pros
Free hot lunches and 20 minute breaks
Cons
Worked in 40° cooler all day
Horrible environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  JFK SKY CHEFDecember 13, 2018
There was always a lot of complaints by staff about things that they had no experience about I'm very racist environment a very infested environment hired outside cleaners that had no experience in general maintenance cleaning the facility a lot of mice and rodents and the kitchen area management care less about employees complaints if you complain it about fair condition there was a possibility of the employee getting terminated.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Keeping your mouth shut
Great for grooming future management
Operations Supervisor - Transportation (Mainline) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
Very structured company with a great overall workplace culture. LSG positions you for success by provided leadership training courses and diverse departmental opportunities.
overall good company
Store Keeper (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 23, 2018
LSG is a good company to start with. It gives all the benefits. In my long association with the company I am helping non-English-speaking people to translate in Hindi and Gujarati languages.

Helping company during time of interview to interpret English, Hindi and Gujarati languages.

I have been helping non-English-speaking people during their doctor appointments.

I have been helping non-English-speaking people to solve their computer related technical problems.
Pros
all benefits
an ok job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles International Airport, CANovember 21, 2018
this job is only good if you have no life or family because this job will literally take over your life and management is so bad very immature nor professional
Pros
decent pay
Cons
bad scheduling, bad management
Nice place to work. Clean and great people. Great management team
Catering lead driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2018
Comfortable place to work. Working with the associates of the airlines is great. They work well with the employees and things that come up in their personal lives
Pros
Free lunches different shifts. They work with you and your personal life
Cons
Stressful. Working outside in the cold or heat
Filthy facility, poor management, bad wages for the work you do.
Transportation, Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 14, 2018
what I learned about this company, is that profits matter, not the employees. The stress can weigh on you. Management only cares when someone is coming to visit, so as to make it look good. Work place culture is loud and nasty. The most enjoyable parts were dealing with outside customers, mainly the flight attendants.
Pros
being able to pay bill.
Cons
putting up with incompetence
Job is good and easy but the management can make it difficult.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2018
Management only cares about the work and not the employees. They overwork you sometimes and never show appreciation. The co-workers are generally friendly depending on the people. The pay is very low for the work involved. The hours are ok. The benefits are not that great. The work is very fast paced, not much time to finish everything within the time allowed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
overworked, low pay
Great Company
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2018
It took 8 months before a loader becomes a driver I didn't like that idea. Management was not willing to listen when employees had complains. Great company the employees got paid weekly.
Pros
great company, union
Cons
takes over 8-12 months to become driver
Buenas condiciones de trabajo , limpieza y excelentes compañeros de trabajo .
Cocina (Former Employee) –  Estados UnidosNovember 7, 2018
Mejoras de salarios y aumento de horas extras para mejorar la economia .
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
Nada
fun to work at
sky chef driver (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 6, 2018
my expeirence at sky chef was good over all. I worked their for two years and i have no complains, I got to work with a lot of fun people and the boss was really nice. their was a lot of over time available and over all made good money.
Productively
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2018
It is a very good and effective company in all aspects and always does everything to keep the area clean and satisfy the customer in everything they want.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare and breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sky Chefs Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.