Sky Chefs Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lack of communication & horrible management
CRJ Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2018
Very unsafe environment, no plan of action nor direction. No accountability held my management. Horrible pay for a dangerous job with trucks that would break down most of the time & the lack of team work.
Pros
Cons
Lsg
Would be a great place if they replaced most of the management team
Employee (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 15, 2018
I hear other Skychefs in other cities are great, and as a whole the company is great, but the Philadelphia location was HORRIBLE! Most management lacked leadership and would not help the employees. There was no teamwork whatsoever and this culture was created and perpetuated by the GM, who is awfully unprofessional and uses profanity excessively, he’s a bully to those who will allow it and Human Resources does NOTHING about it. There’s maybe a few good shift supervisors, but most of the management team has no clue on how to manage people, there was one exceptional manager there who understood the people and would actually help anyone in ANY department and he was inexplicably laid off. If the management team had more people like him there would be no issues there. High turnover rate and low respect from management.... DON’T DO It!!
Pros
A lot of overtime opportunities, free food
Cons
Instead of helping, management would rather harass. Unprofessional work environment, constant profanity and threats from management
Very challenging work environment.
Lean Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2018
My role was contract Lean Consultant (with annual contract renewal). Business is 24/7 365 days a year with over 350 employees and 18 different languages.

I decided not to renew my contract at the end of my third year to try early retirement. (which turned out to not be my thing).
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Extremely high turnover rate and language barriers.
Sky chefs is a good company, wt good fringe benefits like Life insurance, health care , but low hourly salary
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 5, 2018
a good place to work at but needs a better salary plus additional numbers of hours needed, In our orientation it was told to us that the no. of hours weve to work was 8 hrs shift and it was written in our handbook, but as ive experienced sometimes they'll sent us back home like 7 hrs only not completing our 8 hrs so were paid by 7 hrs only, good if were paid better salary hourly so just like my situation im 45 min away from my workplace so my salary its just enough for the Gasoline alone, I like the job , and im enjoying it so im just suggesting if they coud raise the hourly pay , that's all!
Pros
free foods
Cons
less no of hours
Rough place to work:(
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2018
-No flexibility for workers.
-They serve free lunch but it is basically airplane food left overs.
-Getting paid correctly is almost impossible. Everyone passes the buck and you the employee have to run around and beg to get paid correctly.
Talked to old co workers and found nothing has changed since I left. Very Sad!
Pros
Employees are kind
Cons
Everything else
My Review
Regional Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2018
This was a great place to work for. The location manager was always willing to help those that needed help. Our group leaned on each other to get the job done. We had meetings once a month and they were fun, interactive and informative on what the company expected of us. Very nice place to work.
Team work as fun and exciting
Product control (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2018
Know who is your team member.
Know what role are you playing.
Let know all your issues and problems in advance.
Stay top of your work so easy deal with any other issues.
Pros
Free lunch. Good vacation for management employees
Cons
Pay not good
productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2018
its not organized no trainee to train employees to do the job right also lack of communication not a good environment bad leadership its not a 8 hour job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break, Good beneifit
Train wreck, Dumpster fire, etc.
Driver, Loading (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 5, 2018
I worked here for 3 months and was laid off or so they said. I had a friend work here so that's how I got the job with the idea that I would be getting lots of overtime and making half decent money for someone in my shoes. About 2 months in I get brought into an office where they tell me that they lost a client and now have to lay people off. Fine by me I was looking for a new job anyway. They also told me that I was going to be given a $500 as a "sorry we cant keep business". Fast forward a month and now they're saying they are not going to give me the $500 because they have a position for me (of course you do everyone is jumping ship). Maybe this is how things go when they start laying people off I've never had that done to me but it just does not seem right. Also, the first 3 weeks of my job they didn't pay me and they don't give you pay stubs so who knows if they're paying you the right amount. There are so many jobs out there that pay as much as this place and you don't have to work overnight. The work itself is so much more difficult than a job that pays this little. I had a job where all I did was park cars and made more than I did here. Also, this is a place that handles food and more roaches and spiders work here than people do. This place is awful save yourself the trouble.
Pros
You can eat the snacks you take off of the planes
Cons
everything else
Work in progress
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part is leaving for the day. Not the best job for anyone with a family or desire for a personal life. Never a dull day, learn from mistakes and survive.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
work/life balance
This is a good company to work for.
Equipment &Sanitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CA 94010June 9, 2018
IS enjoyed the job and leaving was a mistake. i took another job thinking it would be a better life, balance. The company offered advancement and good benefits.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
24 / 7 shifts
good place to work,
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2018
good place to work, good benefits and opportunity for growth.promotes the culture of teamwork and strict leadership standards of safety and quality to maintain the quality of its service and the safety of all its employees. is a company of challenges that allows you to learn every day and develop professionally
i dont like this place it was to cold
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2018
people was frighting they was not doing their job and the job was very cold and the food was very nasty I am very glad I don't work there and don't play enough
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Diverse and face paced environment
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 30, 2018
Your work day goes by quickly as there is always much to be done when you work for the leading caterer to the airlines. No time to be bored at work when the planes are taking off.
Pros
Free Lunch, Diverse Environment, Friendly Staff
Cons
24/7 Environment makes work/life balance sometimes difficult
Good place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2018
Great work environment, challenges daily. Hardest part of the job is understanding the senior leadership of operations and human resources. Integrity issues.
Nothing to say
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315May 27, 2018
I'm options thyere new to change the management to organize thyere companies more to treat the employees whit more respect all the hard work thyere doing as driver or ansamble thyere deserves to get pay more.
Constantly on call no rest
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 26, 2018
Constantly on call, never able to go home and relax with my wife. Manager controlling and not knowledgeable about safety or work comp issues. Pay below work expected. No raises.
Life balance =0
Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 24, 2018
I did enjoy the first 2 weeks of the job , i was mislead to get it in first place... was the worst expierence i ever had as a supervisor and I had my hands tied. Great opportunity to understand my own value as a human person and value to become independant. Thank you
Very stressful
Cold Foods (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2018
Must know how to manage time and be willing to be on call as necessary. This is a fast paced environment, and many times bc of that, managers aren't available for your service.
Could be Fun Place to work for
Just an Employee Number (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 20, 2018
Sky Chef's could be a fun place to work for... But way too many negative things with this company. Negative environment. Expect the management/supervisors to cover each other and not you. Supervisors and management does high amount of washing there hands with each other. Alot of favoritism here and if you been there long enough you get away with alot of stuff. I would highly not recomment LSG Sky Chef's to any of my friends or family that I care for. If they did an all NEW management and supervisors maybe it will be a good place to work. But until then, STAY AWAY!!!!
Pros
Alot of hours in a work day(pay check $$$)
Cons
Away from family, atleast 10+ hour work days, Overtime is EXPECTED