Sky Climber Employee Reviews

great
Wind terbine tec (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2019
Great company to work for they require some training to qualify for the work related hazards and safety protocol but overall it was a great experience
Pros
job training and travel
Cons
some draw backs due to weather
Good Stable place to work
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHApril 10, 2019
Hired as Quality Manager, good staff, excellent engineers. Worldwide customer base. moderate growth. Good to have Welding experience especially weld inspection and analysis
Great Coworkers
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHFebruary 4, 2019
I'm saddened to say I was let go from Skyclimber. I worked hard and pushed to strive to be a better employee. In the end it was not enough. I was working 52+ hour weeks and got past my probationary period thinking I was in it for the long run, only to find that after I busted my butt, they decided to get rid of me. I asked if I had done something wrong or if I have ever offended anyone and the Plant manager said no. So I was confused on why they let me go. He then said we just dont want you anymore. I was bummed to find out that after all this hard work and staying busy, that they just let me go. I was let go January 11th 2019. And I have yet to secure another job. I hate to say it but I would go back and work for that company in a heartbeat. But I think that they need new management someone with a heart. I leave this here so show that the company with current management will let you go for jo good reasoning or they will judge you off of you taking a breather after lifting up there products. Just stinks that I have all this knowledge on Low Pros, Anchors the stages and to think they have no good use. Let it beware to others that are looking for employment through delaware Ohio's Skyclimber location, you wont be working there long.
Pros
Incredible Coworkers
Cons
Too many to list
February 13, 2019

It is an unfortunate situation when you are terminated from an employer. However, the reason for your termination was explained to you by the Plant Manager and the Human Resources Generalist. Termination was due to attendance and performance issues which were also discussed within your 90 day probationary period.

They do not have a human ethic
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 26, 2019
Good way to start your composites carreer on lerning process but defenitly not to stay there. They hire any one, no work ethic and you are just a number not a person.
Pros
They keep you busy if you dont have a personal life
February 13, 2019

We are sorry that your time at Sky Climber Renewables did not work out as you had planned. It is unfortunate that prior to your leaving you did not discuss your issues with your Project Coordinator. Our Composite Training is one of the best in the industry and is a fantastic way to begin your career in the composite wind energy industry. We have a full screening process in place for hiring technicians and update our processes annually. We also have an intense onboarding process with numerous background and employment checks. We continually offer a tremendous opportunity to technicians looking to build their careers in the wind industry. We also encourage you to send an email to info@skyclimberwind.com with your name and include Indeed in the subject line. Senior management can then follow up with you to discuss your concerns or issues.

poor culture
Accountant/Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJanuary 11, 2019
Culture of company deteriorated over time. pay was low. no support from management. ownership was not personal even though they were in the building daily. overworked, underpaid.
cut-throat unless you were a few employees - not even based on performance
Pros
loaction
Cons
better drink the kool aid
January 31, 2019

We would love the opportunity to review your points mentioned here. Culture, family work environment and team member support are a foundation of our organization. These are characteristics that continue building our various divisions around the world and support our more than 60 year history.

Offering your feedback and ideas to the right people, provides tremendous value and service to our organization. Please send an email to info@skyclimber.com with the subject line, Glassdoor. Our ownership and senior management are eager to get your feedback directly and learn from your experience.

We hope to hear from you and wish you the very best!

Service Tech Role
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 18, 2018
Great place to work. Team environment.

I appreciate a challenging job and the rewards of feeling like my efforts and skills keep the company growing.
Pros
Great Team to rely on, people care about their jobs and company
Cons
None worth adding- no company is perfect.
June 29, 2018

Sky Climber considers everyone that works for us family so we are happy to hear the positive feedback. We rely on each individual to help us grow and appreciate efforts of every employee. Without service technicians like yourself, we wouldn't be where we are today!

Stay away from this job
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Deleware ohioJune 1, 2018
Management is a joke. The only positive thing about this place is nice HR staff. Unorganized shop floor, under paid disgruntled employees the manager feels like he has to watch you like a bird dog in order for you to do your job . Racist lead men no diversity what so ever. Repetitive production work. BASICALLY A DEAD END JOB.
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
Unorganized no direction
June 29, 2018

We are sorry that you have felt that way since leaving the company. HR and management staff do their absolute best to make sure everyone is treated equally. As a company, we have a zero-tolerance policy for any type of discrimination and we follow it very strictly. Sky Climber takes pride in our growth over the past years and the opportunities it provides dedicated employees.

Randomly laid off
Apprentice Machinist (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHApril 24, 2018
I will say, the benefits were good and the upper management was easy to work with. But I came into work on a Monday, to find out myself and about 3/4s of the warehouse had been laid off with no heads up or hint. That is not cool at all. All of us have bills to make and just to randomly lay a lot of us off? Not cool.
June 29, 2018

We value each and every employee in our Sky Climber family and we are sorry this happened. We unfortunately did not have the choice to give a notice in this situation. We always welcome employees back that have been part of a layoff.

If you currently have a job stay away
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 7, 2018
If you currently have a job stay away!! The plant manager will talk up how great it is to only work 40 hours a week (4-10 hour days Mon thru Thursday)during the interview, but once you start you realize that overtime has been going on for over 2 years straight! Over 50 hours a week! Constant turnover from people tired of the BS drama and firings from Management. Just a miserable work atmosphere where everyone is in a click and a lot of back stabbing! If you’re an African American or person of color racist managers will be watching your every move to find a way to get rid of you. Seriously in 2018! If you really care about your job and you’re a hard worker then you will get extremely fed up with this place in a heart beat!
Pros
Ummm you get a paycheck
Cons
Could write a book as long as the Bible.
June 29, 2018

We don’t like that you feel this way after leaving our company. In the past years, Sky Climber has grown beyond belief so we did have overtime scheduled for employees. We have recently added a new shift to alleviate that overtime in our manufacturing division. We have a very happy group of employees on both shifts and we are more organized than ever. We also have a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind and it is enforced. We have not had any real issues with anyone not following this. A negative mind will never give you a positive life. Good luck in all that you do.

Just ok
Travel Technician (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 26, 2018
Site to site. Slow work opportunities at times. Pay is under national average for industry. Would only suggest taking this position in the event you are needing work.
Pros
Get to see multiple parts of the country
Cons
Low pay. Contractor work
June 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We love that our technicians enjoy the great opportunity to see the country and work for our many customers throughout U.S. and Canada.
We operate with a very detailed tech progression and leveling program where each technician has the ability to earn promotion and advancement through skills development, time served, training and performance on the job. Each employee controls their career pathway based on these components.
Our pay scale is closely evaluated based on industry data to ensure we offer very competitive wages and benefits that are in line with each individual skills. Our goal is to be at or above industry average for each position and especially reward great performance.
Feel free to reach out to your manager to discuss further. We want to see you meet your goals with our organization.

I will no recomend this company unless you dont have nothing to do you can go and work
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Every whereFebruary 10, 2018
This is one of the worst company to work .they dont care about employees they hired a lot of people with no safety because they dont care and people come and go because of the facts that they realise that this campany have no safety .
Cons
Dont even try
June 29, 2018

Our organization is built on more than 60 years serving work-at-height industries around the world and safety is the overarching priority for our team. Each team member is trained and equipped above industry standards to ensure they operate at the highest level in safety and quality.
We would be happy to discuss our safety programs with you in more detail and to share feedback from our current employees and customers. We want each employee, past or present to feel they had a valuable experience during their time with Sky Climber. Feel free to reach out to us.
Best of luck to you.

Management sucked
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJanuary 15, 2018
I worked there over a year doing everything they would let me (everything in the warehouse) I was paid 10$an hour and taken advantage of
If you don’t kiss butt you won’t last
Pros
Anyone not in the offices
Cons
Literally everything else
June 29, 2018

No Sky Climber full time employee is on the pay scale you are referring to. We pride ourselves in treating each and every employee equal.

Fed up
Travel Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 14, 2018
Work for a travel tech is feast or famine. We are supposedly guaranteed 30 hours/week on the road but do not receive it. Company culture is terrible. Managers are allowed to bully techs, do not answer phone calls or return them. No regular reviews. No opportunities for advancement or cross-training. Techs are blamed for everything. Mangers are rude and out of touch.
There is no time off. Pay is embarrassing. This company has a bad reputation, we are ridiculed on site and I'm tired of being lumped in with bad techs when I know my job and consistently perform. The customer will recognize good techs, but the company does not.
Pros
N/a
June 29, 2018

We are sorry you are not happy with your experience and would be happy to talk you about it. It seems you may need assistance in understanding how some of our programs work and expectations we have for team members.
Next to safety, our employee work experience is the most important element of our business and we recognize that without each technician we wouldn't be able to deliver the service our clients need and appreciate.
Couple clarifications on your comments that may help you:
We do offer guarantees payable hours to our technicians and do not have anyone that has not received their scheduled pay.
Our management is held accountable to the same expectations and standards as each employee including professionalism and compassion to others. Did you raise your concerns to anyone?
Technicians receive R&R as industry standard and we do everything possible to accommodate each employees time off requests, including providing the option to fly family to them if they want to keep working.
Our performance reviews are conducted quarterly as opposed to annually like most companies. Not sure which review you are review you are referring to?
We recognize great performance regularly through our tech of the week program, weekly video updates and job performance surveys. Have you seen these?
Your opinion matters so please contact us so we can help you!

Revolving Door
Former Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Not sure why they are called "Upper Management". There is no management. More work and responsibility is handed out but no guidance or additional compensation.
No job security. Can not develop a working relationship with co-workers cause they might be gone the next day. It does not matter how long a day or how hard you work. Very judgmental and will dismiss a employee in a heartbeat. Constantly has job posting for the same position. The total front office have been turned over within a year. Warehouse is not far behind.
Job Work and Life Balance is good as long as you do not have a life. No advancement and excuses as to no raises. Bonuses are very judgmental. Not based on work accomplishments, based on buddy system.
Pros
Free lunch about once a month
Cons
Basically everything
June 29, 2018

Sky Climber is proud to say that our turnover is at an all time low this year. We are committed to our employees and making sure they are happy. We have recently had our most successful month in Sky Climber history so job security is no issue with our dedicated employees. The total front office has been turned over into a phenomenal team and running smoother than ever. Again, we strive to be fair and equal to all employees. We have an open-door policy and every employee knows that concerns will be addressed as they are reported.

Extremely poor management and ethics
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2018
I wouldnt recommend this company unless it was the only option. VERY poor communication, lots of favoritism, management that outright lies to your face. Do not ever expect them to do the right thing or care about their employees.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
literally everything else
June 29, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feelings. It seems somewhere along the line we missed a step with you.
If you would like to meet with anyone on our team to discuss your comments, please contact us. We would be glad to have you sit down with our team (management and fellow employees) to share your feedback and learn from your experience.
Best of luck to you!

not a high demanding job but fun to work at
Electrical Assembler/Tester (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHAugust 5, 2017
bench wire motors with simply control features for lifting equipment.
they were a understanding management cause i was only working part time for them as i had another job as a field service tech and was called out on spur of the moment and they understood this and never held it against me but always welcome back and said hope you can stay longer next time.
Pros
nice bench work to occupy my time will i wasn't on the road
Cons
the only advancement was field service job
unstable
Service/Blade Technician (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMay 16, 2017
A company that really don't look at your experience or really value you as a person. They rather put you in positions that they need filled or/and not to your experience.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
inconsistance
It's a Job
Intern (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHMay 1, 2017
It was a good company to work for but all management only cares about money and has gone down hill. Management is a joke all a bunch of yes men and the owner loves that.
Pros
Pto
Worst place I've ever worked
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 23, 2017
Fairness first: pay and benefits were adequate.

Any organization that rips through 3 HR managers in 6 months should be flagged. Permanently installed 'Now Hiring' sign out front due to persistant turnover. Confusion and fear ruled the place. In a word: avoid.
Used to be a great place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHOctober 19, 2016
Money has created a greed in this place that has caused this place to take short cuts. Their greed has created horrible morale. They finally got some good management in place and good HR people who cared and they got rid of them. It's a shame that they preach that they care but one person has ruined it for everyone.
Hey talk of caring about quality but allow garbage to go out because they would rather have the money.
Pros
Floor people
Cons
False security. Upper management destroyed the morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sky Climber. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5