Sky Climber Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Service Tech Role
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 18, 2018
Great place to work. Team environment.

I appreciate a challenging job and the rewards of feeling like my efforts and skills keep the company growing.
Pros
Great Team to rely on, people care about their jobs and company
Cons
None worth adding- no company is perfect.
June 29, 2018

Sky Climber considers everyone that works for us family so we are happy to hear the positive feedback. We rely on each individual to help us grow and appreciate efforts of every employee. Without service technicians like yourself, we wouldn't be where we are today!

Stay away from this job
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Deleware ohioJune 1, 2018
Management is a joke. The only positive thing about this place is nice HR staff. Unorganized shop floor, under paid disgruntled employees the manager feels like he has to watch you like a bird dog in order for you to do your job . Racist lead men no diversity what so ever. Repetitive production work. BASICALLY A DEAD END JOB.
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
Unorganized no direction
June 29, 2018

We are sorry that you have felt that way since leaving the company. HR and management staff do their absolute best to make sure everyone is treated equally. As a company, we have a zero-tolerance policy for any type of discrimination and we follow it very strictly. Sky Climber takes pride in our growth over the past years and the opportunities it provides dedicated employees.

If you currently have a job stay away
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 7, 2018
If you currently have a job stay away!! The plant manager will talk up how great it is to only work 40 hours a week (4-10 hour days Mon thru Thursday)during the interview, but once you start you realize that overtime has been going on for over 2 years straight! Over 50 hours a week! Constant turnover from people tired of the BS drama and firings from Management. Just a miserable work atmosphere where everyone is in a click and a lot of back stabbing! If you’re an African American or person of color racist managers will be watching your every move to find a way to get rid of you. Seriously in 2018! If you really care about your job and you’re a hard worker then you will get extremely fed up with this place in a heart beat!
Pros
Ummm you get a paycheck
Cons
Could write a book as long as the Bible.
June 29, 2018

We don’t like that you feel this way after leaving our company. In the past years, Sky Climber has grown beyond belief so we did have overtime scheduled for employees. We have recently added a new shift to alleviate that overtime in our manufacturing division. We have a very happy group of employees on both shifts and we are more organized than ever. We also have a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind and it is enforced. We have not had any real issues with anyone not following this. A negative mind will never give you a positive life. Good luck in all that you do.

Just ok
Travel Technician (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 26, 2018
Site to site. Slow work opportunities at times. Pay is under national average for industry. Would only suggest taking this position in the event you are needing work.
Pros
Get to see multiple parts of the country
Cons
Low pay. Contractor work
June 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We love that our technicians enjoy the great opportunity to see the country and work for our many customers throughout U.S. and Canada.
We operate with a very detailed tech progression and leveling program where each technician has the ability to earn promotion and advancement through skills development, time served, training and performance on the job. Each employee controls their career pathway based on these components.
Our pay scale is closely evaluated based on industry data to ensure we offer very competitive wages and benefits that are in line with each individual skills. Our goal is to be at or above industry average for each position and especially reward great performance.
Feel free to reach out to your manager to discuss further. We want to see you meet your goals with our organization.

I will no recomend this company unless you dont have nothing to do you can go and work
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Every whereFebruary 10, 2018
This is one of the worst company to work .they dont care about employees they hired a lot of people with no safety because they dont care and people come and go because of the facts that they realise that this campany have no safety .
Cons
Dont even try
June 29, 2018

Our organization is built on more than 60 years serving work-at-height industries around the world and safety is the overarching priority for our team. Each team member is trained and equipped above industry standards to ensure they operate at the highest level in safety and quality.
We would be happy to discuss our safety programs with you in more detail and to share feedback from our current employees and customers. We want each employee, past or present to feel they had a valuable experience during their time with Sky Climber. Feel free to reach out to us.
Best of luck to you.

Management sucked
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJanuary 15, 2018
I worked there over a year doing everything they would let me (everything in the warehouse) I was paid 10$an hour and taken advantage of
If you don’t kiss butt you won’t last
Pros
Anyone not in the offices
Cons
Literally everything else
June 29, 2018

No Sky Climber full time employee is on the pay scale you are referring to. We pride ourselves in treating each and every employee equal.

Fed up
Travel Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 14, 2018
Work for a travel tech is feast or famine. We are supposedly guaranteed 30 hours/week on the road but do not receive it. Company culture is terrible. Managers are allowed to bully techs, do not answer phone calls or return them. No regular reviews. No opportunities for advancement or cross-training. Techs are blamed for everything. Mangers are rude and out of touch.
There is no time off. Pay is embarrassing. This company has a bad reputation, we are ridiculed on site and I'm tired of being lumped in with bad techs when I know my job and consistently perform. The customer will recognize good techs, but the company does not.
Pros
N/a
June 29, 2018

We are sorry you are not happy with your experience and would be happy to talk you about it. It seems you may need assistance in understanding how some of our programs work and expectations we have for team members.
Next to safety, our employee work experience is the most important element of our business and we recognize that without each technician we wouldn't be able to deliver the service our clients need and appreciate.
Couple clarifications on your comments that may help you:
We do offer guarantees payable hours to our technicians and do not have anyone that has not received their scheduled pay.
Our management is held accountable to the same expectations and standards as each employee including professionalism and compassion to others. Did you raise your concerns to anyone?
Technicians receive R&R as industry standard and we do everything possible to accommodate each employees time off requests, including providing the option to fly family to them if they want to keep working.
Our performance reviews are conducted quarterly as opposed to annually like most companies. Not sure which review you are review you are referring to?
We recognize great performance regularly through our tech of the week program, weekly video updates and job performance surveys. Have you seen these?
Your opinion matters so please contact us so we can help you!

Revolving Door
Former Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Not sure why they are called "Upper Management". There is no management. More work and responsibility is handed out but no guidance or additional compensation.
No job security. Can not develop a working relationship with co-workers cause they might be gone the next day. It does not matter how long a day or how hard you work. Very judgmental and will dismiss a employee in a heartbeat. Constantly has job posting for the same position. The total front office have been turned over within a year. Warehouse is not far behind.
Job Work and Life Balance is good as long as you do not have a life. No advancement and excuses as to no raises. Bonuses are very judgmental. Not based on work accomplishments, based on buddy system.
Pros
Free lunch about once a month
Cons
Basically everything
June 29, 2018

Sky Climber is proud to say that our turnover is at an all time low this year. We are committed to our employees and making sure they are happy. We have recently had our most successful month in Sky Climber history so job security is no issue with our dedicated employees. The total front office has been turned over into a phenomenal team and running smoother than ever. Again, we strive to be fair and equal to all employees. We have an open-door policy and every employee knows that concerns will be addressed as they are reported.

Extremely poor management and ethics
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2018
I wouldnt recommend this company unless it was the only option. VERY poor communication, lots of favoritism, management that outright lies to your face. Do not ever expect them to do the right thing or care about their employees.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
literally everything else
June 29, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feelings. It seems somewhere along the line we missed a step with you.
If you would like to meet with anyone on our team to discuss your comments, please contact us. We would be glad to have you sit down with our team (management and fellow employees) to share your feedback and learn from your experience.
Best of luck to you!

not a high demanding job but fun to work at
Electrical Assembler/Tester (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHAugust 5, 2017
bench wire motors with simply control features for lifting equipment.
they were a understanding management cause i was only working part time for them as i had another job as a field service tech and was called out on spur of the moment and they understood this and never held it against me but always welcome back and said hope you can stay longer next time.
Pros
nice bench work to occupy my time will i wasn't on the road
Cons
the only advancement was field service job
unstable
Service/Blade Technician (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMay 16, 2017
A company that really don't look at your experience or really value you as a person. They rather put you in positions that they need filled or/and not to your experience.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
inconsistance
It's a Job
Intern (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHMay 1, 2017
It was a good company to work for but all management only cares about money and has gone down hill. Management is a joke all a bunch of yes men and the owner loves that.
Pros
Pto
Worst place I've ever worked
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 23, 2017
Fairness first: pay and benefits were adequate.

Any organization that rips through 3 HR managers in 6 months should be flagged. Permanently installed 'Now Hiring' sign out front due to persistant turnover. Confusion and fear ruled the place. In a word: avoid.
Used to be a great place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHOctober 19, 2016
Money has created a greed in this place that has caused this place to take short cuts. Their greed has created horrible morale. They finally got some good management in place and good HR people who cared and they got rid of them. It's a shame that they preach that they care but one person has ruined it for everyone.
Hey talk of caring about quality but allow garbage to go out because they would rather have the money.
Pros
Floor people
Cons
False security. Upper management destroyed the morale
small establishment
Temp (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMay 2, 2016
a small establishment where every one knows everyone and there is only one shift. with there only being one shift and a small team everyone works together to complete the goal at hand weather it is assembly, shipping/receiving, or a quality control issue.
Pros
free lunches every once in a while
Cons
not enough space
Productive workplace with Blade Techs
Blade Technician (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 14, 2015
Typical day at work early mornings pumped ready to start working. Next, I learned at my job to keep a cool head an listen observe everything an always listen you could learn new things that could help or new ways to do things. Also, I have good co workers everyone is from a different state some from the same we all have good vibes n share different things about each other. The hardest part of my job I would say for me being thousands or hundreds of feet in the air even if I am not scared of heights it still gets to me every now an then. Lastly the most enjoyable part is the hour before you know you getting off work an had a good productive day and got the job done no mess ups or etc.
Pros
lunch
Cons
weather
productive
composite technician, wind turbine technician (Former Employee) –  illinoisFebruary 23, 2014
it was nice to work at sky climber they have a lot of work and they pay me good money