Sky Lakes Medical Center Employee Reviews

great workplace
Charge Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 14, 2018
Amazing work place very welcoming. Staff is very caring and team oriented. Always willing to help each other out putting the clients needs first. Very safe and clean work environment.
Toxic Work Environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 7, 2018
The management aren't productive and don't care much about employees. My personal manager, like a lot, is retiring and seems to be on a final stretch type of mood every day. My personal experience is they don't handle hostility or harassment from other coworkers. They play favorites and it's very hard to be on the top.
This is a great place to work - for someone else
Perioperative Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 5, 2018
This organization is wonderful. They strive to meet the needs of staff and create a positive work environment. I was in a poorly defined role that had never been done before. Due to this ambiguity, I was unable to meet the needs of the department. Today, that position has been defined and the new preoperative manager is in a great position.
Pros
Great organization.
Cons
My position was poorly defined
Enjoyed working post-op.
CNA 2 Post-op (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 23, 2018
I loved working in post-op and with my co-workers. I liked working night shifts and the 12 hour shifts. It was a continuous learning experience and I'm glad I had the opportunity to work there. I would recommend working there.
Pros
My benefits.
Cons
Sometimes short-staffed
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 11, 2018
It really is a nice place to work, but you had better have a really good immune system because your liable to catch everything that comes through the door and I mean that literally.
Worked there for a number of years. OK if you don't make waves or question upper management.
I started as a full time RN staff nurse in a 18 (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 5, 2018
I worked in the ER for a number of years. Initially the ER team was motivated and consistent with providing good care but the longer I worked there the less the nurses voices were heard by upper management. Policies and procedures were not always followed. Several iindividuals were promoted that did not have seniority or observation of good wook ethics.
There was good rapport with other units and ancellary personel. The doctors treat the nurses well most of the time.
Upper managment needs to treat the nurses better. There can be problems with job security if you "make waves" i.e. question decisions made by managment. The hospital owns most of the off medical clinics in town so it's hard to find nursing jobs outside of the hospital.
Pros
Good salary and benefits are ok.
Cons
Managment needs to treat staff better, stop playing favorites.
learned alot
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJuly 23, 2018
it was a good company to work for. I worked there for threes years in the flex dept and learned a lot during those three years. They made sure that you were well trained for your position
really nice place to work
Supervisor of Coding dept (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMay 1, 2018
come in and code where ever needed the most assistance
learned to be flexible
management was great
culture was good
enjoyed the team that I worked with
Pros
great team, great benefits
Cons
unable to work offsite when I worked there
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse-travel (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 19, 2018
Much of this does not apply to me as I was a travel nurse.The staff was helpful and the Managers at the time were awesome, always willing to jump in.As most hospitals they need more staff and good for better patient care.
Good entry level
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 12, 2018
Has a good entry level, policies are clear, and the people are nice and friendly. Willing to work here for longer if pay was worth the work. 1% pay increase after 1 year. Doesn't even keep up with annual inflation of average 3%. No clear way of how to advance.
Great bedside RNs and CNAs!
Director of Post-Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 2, 2018
The bedside staff are wonderful and caring professionals.

This hospital has be able to turn around the long-standing negative opinions of the care here.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
"Just culture" is non-existent in some areas of the hospital.
Simple
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OR 97601March 7, 2018
The job was simple, I liked working for Sky Lakes Medical center and advise job seekers to work there. The management in House keeping was about to retire and their is room for improvement there.
Pros
Food Onsite for breakfast and lunch
Cons
Retired boss
Patient Access Rep
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMarch 3, 2018
Fast pace productive work environment with friendly co-workers. You're always meeting someone new and interesting as you help registar patients for departments, exams, and tests.

Epic, their electronic medical records program can be a little trying at first to learn but once you got it down, it's easy.

The management was always helpful and understanding to me. My co-workers were always in good moods.
Pros
Environment and benefits.
Cons
Not many chances for increases in pay.
A pleasant place to work
Registered Nurse (RN), Critical Care/ICU (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 11, 2018
Work in the ICU is moderately paced. Few patients in the ICU are true ICU patients, the majority are PCU. True ICU patients are usually shipped to Medford, the nearest metropolitan area.
Pros
Relaxed Pace
Cons
Lack of challenge/skills practice
Terrible would not go back
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Sky Lakes Adult Medicine/FamilyJanuary 9, 2018
Honestly should have read reviews for this place. Both the family and adult medicine clinic was full of rude women always gossiping and making the environment really uncomfortable. I would sit in my chair and watch a group get together and gossip about everyone. My first trainer on the family side was nasty and rude to me everyday. Then my second trainer left the office so I was placed with a 3rd trainer who rarely spent any time with me. They told me I wasn't picking things up fast enough but it would have been nice to have one trainer that worked with me and didn't treat me like trash.
I really liked working there
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 29, 2017
I would review charts for the ER. do auditing of charts. Medical records and accounts payable. I learned a lot of co workers. Management never listened to concerns. Hardest part of the job was telling me that my position was no longer available. I worked with one other person. I loved that I got to work at 4 in the morning and I was able to have lunch with my mom as she worked up there too. Then getting of at 1pm was great.
Pros
Working early and doing audits and accounts payable
Cons
Position not available anymore
Not a nice group of people
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Adult Medicine CLinicDecember 28, 2017
I worked at the Adult Medical Clinic. This was by far the one the hardest places to work. This clinic is not a warm environment.
They go threw a lot of office staff. There is a reason for this one of the doctors CMA is the nastiest, vulgar people there is. Doctors do not want to even learn your name since they feel your going to stay. They promoted the "lead CMA" to office manager. She could not find her way out a paper bag if someone gave her directions. So much back stabbing and gossip center.
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
Management inappropriate
what a joy
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 14, 2017
This was a great first real job to have. I enjoyed coming to work everyday. everyone there was a great team player and everyone was always willing to give a helping hand.
Great work place, great people.
Locum Tenens- Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 27, 2017
It was a fast paced environment with many people and workers willing to help. I learned a lot from this opportunity. I would say many of the physicians were willing to assist if myself, as an NP, had a question. The culture was friendly and understanding as a whole. I would says the hardest part of the job was only that I was temporary and that did not come with benefits like paid time off or holiday pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great people I worked with and the wonderful people in the community.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not enough admin time for charting.
Horrible. Beyond words.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 19, 2017
If you are a dedicated professional....RUN as fast as you can away from this place. Professionals from out of town are not welcome. The long term staff including management will run you off with hostility and subversion.