Sky Lakes Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
learned alot
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJuly 23, 2018
it was a good company to work for. I worked there for threes years in the flex dept and learned a lot during those three years. They made sure that you were well trained for your position
really nice place to work
Supervisor of Coding dept (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMay 1, 2018
come in and code where ever needed the most assistance
learned to be flexible
management was great
culture was good
enjoyed the team that I worked with
Pros
great team, great benefits
Cons
unable to work offsite when I worked there
Good entry level
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 12, 2018
Has a good entry level, policies are clear, and the people are nice and friendly. Willing to work here for longer if pay was worth the work. 1% pay increase after 1 year. Doesn't even keep up with annual inflation of average 3%. No clear way of how to advance.
Great bedside RNs and CNAs!
Director of Post-Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 2, 2018
The bedside staff are wonderful and caring professionals.

This hospital has be able to turn around the long-standing negative opinions of the care here.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
"Just culture" is non-existent in some areas of the hospital.
Simple
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OR 97601March 7, 2018
The job was simple, I liked working for Sky Lakes Medical center and advise job seekers to work there. The management in House keeping was about to retire and their is room for improvement there.
Pros
Food Onsite for breakfast and lunch
Cons
Retired boss
Patient Access Rep
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMarch 3, 2018
Fast pace productive work environment with friendly co-workers. You're always meeting someone new and interesting as you help registar patients for departments, exams, and tests.

Epic, their electronic medical records program can be a little trying at first to learn but once you got it down, it's easy.

The management was always helpful and understanding to me. My co-workers were always in good moods.
Pros
Environment and benefits.
Cons
Not many chances for increases in pay.
A pleasant place to work
Registered Nurse (RN), Critical Care/ICU (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 11, 2018
Work in the ICU is moderately paced. Few patients in the ICU are true ICU patients, the majority are PCU. True ICU patients are usually shipped to Medford, the nearest metropolitan area.
Pros
Relaxed Pace
Cons
Lack of challenge/skills practice
Terrible would not go back
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Sky Lakes Adult Medicine/FamilyJanuary 9, 2018
Honestly should have read reviews for this place. Both the family and adult medicine clinic was full of rude women always gossiping and making the environment really uncomfortable. I would sit in my chair and watch a group get together and gossip about everyone. My first trainer on the family side was nasty and rude to me everyday. Then my second trainer left the office so I was placed with a 3rd trainer who rarely spent any time with me. They told me I wasn't picking things up fast enough but it would have been nice to have one trainer that worked with me and didn't treat me like trash.
I really liked working there
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 29, 2017
I would review charts for the ER. do auditing of charts. Medical records and accounts payable. I learned a lot of co workers. Management never listened to concerns. Hardest part of the job was telling me that my position was no longer available. I worked with one other person. I loved that I got to work at 4 in the morning and I was able to have lunch with my mom as she worked up there too. Then getting of at 1pm was great.
Pros
Working early and doing audits and accounts payable
Cons
Position not available anymore
Not a nice group of people
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Adult Medicine CLinicDecember 28, 2017
I worked at the Adult Medical Clinic. This was by far the one the hardest places to work. This clinic is not a warm environment.
They go threw a lot of office staff. There is a reason for this one of the doctors CMA is the nastiest, vulgar people there is. Doctors do not want to even learn your name since they feel your going to stay. They promoted the "lead CMA" to office manager. She could not find her way out a paper bag if someone gave her directions. So much back stabbing and gossip center.
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
Management inappropriate
what a joy
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 14, 2017
This was a great first real job to have. I enjoyed coming to work everyday. everyone there was a great team player and everyone was always willing to give a helping hand.
Great work place, great people.
Locum Tenens- Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 27, 2017
It was a fast paced environment with many people and workers willing to help. I learned a lot from this opportunity. I would say many of the physicians were willing to assist if myself, as an NP, had a question. The culture was friendly and understanding as a whole. I would says the hardest part of the job was only that I was temporary and that did not come with benefits like paid time off or holiday pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great people I worked with and the wonderful people in the community.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not enough admin time for charting.
Horrible. Beyond words.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 19, 2017
If you are a dedicated professional....RUN as fast as you can away from this place. Professionals from out of town are not welcome. The long term staff including management will run you off with hostility and subversion.
high stress
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 30, 2017
very stressful and training was sink or swim there was no formal training. i was expected to know what i was doing and how to do it with no instruction. not a good place to work if you know nothing about the medical field
Cons
lack of trianing
Full filling
Communications Operator (Current Employee) –  Communications centerOctober 13, 2017
A typical day at work is full of people with questions from who called to who is my doctor. I have learned that I work in a team and we depend on each other. My supervisor is dependable and trustworthy. She sticks up for me when someone wants to blame me for their shortfall. The hardest part about the job is smiling even when people are all in a bad mood. The most enjoyable is knowing that I did something for my community today.
Pros
discount in cafeteria and phamacy
Cons
Always needed
The rehab team ROCKS!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rehab DeptSeptember 14, 2017
I have been a member of the Sky Lakes therapy team for over 10 years. After college I moved from place to place, looking for the right "fit". After finding this therapy team, I knew I was in the right spot. The management allows me to be flexible with my schedule to make sure my life/work balance is in sync. They do not micromanage our team, but are available for "what about..." questions and removing barriers as much as they can. Management looks for new ways to advance our learning and treatment options. Patient safety is a high priority and the managers will not overlook areas of concern in our department, even if that means serious corrective action. I invite anyone with questions about the care we provide and our wonderful team to give us a call!
Pros
Flexible schedule, variety of patient diagnoses, great teamwork with all therapists
Sky Lakes
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 14, 2017
The Sky Lakes environment could be seen as stressful. The offices are fast-paced since they're the only major hospital in the area. Work hours are long but necessary to accomplish all the tasks at hand.
Busy environment
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 12, 2017
This hospital is small yet stays very busy. Its a family like environment and a fun place to work. This hospital receives patients from all over the county, so its an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Family-like environment
Cons
Parking
Worked with friendly people
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 7, 2017
Everyone pulled together to get the job done. Management was always there to help are fix a problem. There was always someone there to help if you were having trouble with anything. Very family like work environment.
Productive and always entertaining.
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  2865 Daggett Ave, Klamath Falls, OR 97601August 29, 2017
Being a Patient Safety Assistant requires a lot of patience and companionship. As PSA's, we make sure that patients are safe in the hospital at all times and ensure they get the assistance they need.