Sky Lakes Medical Center Employee Reviews

Terrible would not go back
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Sky Lakes Adult Medicine/FamilyJanuary 9, 2018
Honestly should have read reviews for this place. Both the family and adult medicine clinic was full of rude women always gossiping and making the environment really uncomfortable. I would sit in my chair and watch a group get together and gossip about everyone. My first trainer on the family side was nasty and rude to me everyday. Then my second trainer left the office so I was placed with a 3rd trainer who rarely spent any time with me. They told me I wasn't picking things up fast enough but it would have been nice to have one trainer that worked with me and didn't treat me like trash.
I really liked working there
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 29, 2017
I would review charts for the ER. do auditing of charts. Medical records and accounts payable. I learned a lot of co workers. Management never listened to concerns. Hardest part of the job was telling me that my position was no longer available. I worked with one other person. I loved that I got to work at 4 in the morning and I was able to have lunch with my mom as she worked up there too. Then getting of at 1pm was great.
Pros
Working early and doing audits and accounts payable
Cons
Position not available anymore
Not a nice group of people
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Adult Medicine CLinicDecember 28, 2017
I worked at the Adult Medical Clinic. This was by far the one the hardest places to work. This clinic is not a warm environment.
They go threw a lot of office staff. There is a reason for this one of the doctors CMA is the nastiest, vulgar people there is. Doctors do not want to even learn your name since they feel your going to stay. They promoted the "lead CMA" to office manager. She could not find her way out a paper bag if someone gave her directions. So much back stabbing and gossip center.
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
Management inappropriate
what a joy
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 14, 2017
This was a great first real job to have. I enjoyed coming to work everyday. everyone there was a great team player and everyone was always willing to give a helping hand.
Great work place, great people.
Locum Tenens- Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 27, 2017
It was a fast paced environment with many people and workers willing to help. I learned a lot from this opportunity. I would say many of the physicians were willing to assist if myself, as an NP, had a question. The culture was friendly and understanding as a whole. I would says the hardest part of the job was only that I was temporary and that did not come with benefits like paid time off or holiday pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great people I worked with and the wonderful people in the community.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not enough admin time for charting.
Horrible. Beyond words.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 19, 2017
If you are a dedicated professional....RUN as fast as you can away from this place. Professionals from out of town are not welcome. The long term staff including management will run you off with hostility and subversion.
high stress
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 30, 2017
very stressful and training was sink or swim there was no formal training. i was expected to know what i was doing and how to do it with no instruction. not a good place to work if you know nothing about the medical field
Cons
lack of trianing
Full filling
Communications Operator (Current Employee) –  Communications centerOctober 13, 2017
A typical day at work is full of people with questions from who called to who is my doctor. I have learned that I work in a team and we depend on each other. My supervisor is dependable and trustworthy. She sticks up for me when someone wants to blame me for their shortfall. The hardest part about the job is smiling even when people are all in a bad mood. The most enjoyable is knowing that I did something for my community today.
Pros
discount in cafeteria and phamacy
Cons
Always needed
The rehab team ROCKS!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rehab DeptSeptember 14, 2017
I have been a member of the Sky Lakes therapy team for over 10 years. After college I moved from place to place, looking for the right "fit". After finding this therapy team, I knew I was in the right spot. The management allows me to be flexible with my schedule to make sure my life/work balance is in sync. They do not micromanage our team, but are available for "what about..." questions and removing barriers as much as they can. Management looks for new ways to advance our learning and treatment options. Patient safety is a high priority and the managers will not overlook areas of concern in our department, even if that means serious corrective action. I invite anyone with questions about the care we provide and our wonderful team to give us a call!
Pros
Flexible schedule, variety of patient diagnoses, great teamwork with all therapists
Sky Lakes
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 14, 2017
The Sky Lakes environment could be seen as stressful. The offices are fast-paced since they're the only major hospital in the area. Work hours are long but necessary to accomplish all the tasks at hand.
Busy environment
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 12, 2017
This hospital is small yet stays very busy. Its a family like environment and a fun place to work. This hospital receives patients from all over the county, so its an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Family-like environment
Cons
Parking
Worked with friendly people
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 7, 2017
Everyone pulled together to get the job done. Management was always there to help are fix a problem. There was always someone there to help if you were having trouble with anything. Very family like work environment.
Productive and always entertaining.
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  2865 Daggett Ave, Klamath Falls, OR 97601August 29, 2017
Being a Patient Safety Assistant requires a lot of patience and companionship. As PSA's, we make sure that patients are safe in the hospital at all times and ensure they get the assistance they need.
Nice pepople to work for
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJuly 27, 2017
I loved the environment the boss was friendly the night coaches had great attitudes if you messed up on your always had a helping hand to show u how to do it right
Get out
therapist (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJuly 16, 2017
Run away from this place as fast as you can. Theirs a reason they have to offer bonuses and wine and dine you to get people to work here. If you like a cut throat work environment with passive aggressive managers than apply to work here. The management is horrible, and the culture is very unethical. They routinely with hold bonuses from employees and cut hours. If you apply to work here, you will be sorry.
Great advancement opportunities
RN Post Surgical (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJune 15, 2017
Enjoyed working at Sky Lakes. Was treated well and received nice raises and benefits we're very good. Enjoyed my co workers and managers were very nice and helpful.
Pros
Constant learning
Cons
Staffing at certain times
Good Starting Job
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMay 24, 2017
My position a Sky Lakes is a good starting job. The only reason I am looking for another position is I am completing my BA and would like to advance. The clinic supervisor is the best supervisor I have ever had and I will be sad to leave her and my co-workers.
Sky Lakes
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 26, 2017
I love the culture at Sky Lakes! This is the best place to work for! I cannot imagine working for any other company. The collaborative work environment is like no other!
Great Coworkers
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 12, 2017
My days were always busy, but I had great co-workers. I had a couple really great managers, and a couple not so great managers. The most enjoyable part of being a CNA at Sky Lakes Medical Center was meeting all of the new people and building a rapport with them.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Hard to advance, very busy at times
worse place to work ever. horrible management.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 8, 2017
sky lakes ER is a horrible place to work there management bullies you, threatens you and does everything to get you to quit if they don't like you. if they can't get you to quit they will find reasons to try to get you in trouble for stupid ridiculous things. They have charge nurses that shop on line and play on the computer all night and take a ton of smoke breaks all night instead of working. techs and RN"s that sit and talk all night and play with there phones instead of working. When you complain to management about it they thow it in your face and nothing is done about it. Management lets the staff they like do anything they like including not working. this could be the reason all night shift RNs are new RN,S and there is only 1 nurse at night that has been there more than 2 years. most of the ER is ran by travels because no one wants to work there. The ER is ran like a high school. you have to be part of the in crowd with management or they make your life miserable.
Pros
some really good staff but getting thin
Cons
management is horrible