Sky Ridge Medical Center Employee Reviews

excellent
Volunteer - Same Day Surgery Center (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 12, 2018
I worked in the same day surgery unit, i most assembled the patient medical packets that the nurses use. It was intended to complete my HS volunteer hour requirement.
Great, supportive culture
NURSE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 28, 2017
High expectations, but extremely supportive culture. Great combination in my opinion. I really felt proud to work at such a beautiful facility with great people.
Nice work environment throughout
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lonetree, CODecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at Sky Ridge. The hours were not enough. I needed a full time job. The lab techs were great to work with. The phlebotomist were less welcoming. I could understand it because the turn over was so high. The enjoyable part of the job were the other employees, nurses, etc.
Pros
Close commute to my home, nice work environment, good benefits
Cons
Poor lab management, co workers in phlebotomy not very welcoming
Excellent leadership
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COOctober 15, 2017
Sky Ridge Hospital is a great place to work and all of the staff is very kind and friendly. The wages are competitive with the rest of the hospitals in Colorado.
Pros
Very friendly enviroment
Cons
Promoting within the organization
did not enjoy
o Physician Assistant - Emergency Medicine (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNSeptember 23, 2017
I had no ER experience prior to getting hired. Management gave me 2 days of "orientation" prior to "letting me loose" which was not an orientation at all. I didn't even know where the bathroom was after the 1st day of "orientation", much less any protocols.
Pros
pay was nice
Cons
you sink or swim, no one helps you, you are on your own
Srmc
REGISTERED NURSE/CLINICAL SCHOLAR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 8, 2017
Great place to work. The best part of the job was my hours, pay, and benefits. I was able to be an educator and clinical RN, which i loved. The hardest part of the job was having to leave.
Pros
Being able to educate new staff and nurses
Cons
Having to leave
See below
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lonetree, COJuly 30, 2017
One of the lowest paying for nursing careers in Denver metro area but Mgmt states they are somewhere in the middle range. Rarely get lunches or breaks until 3-5 pm when coming on at 0700. Always understaffed.... worked here for 20 yrs and nothing ever changed but mgmt always reported they were " working on it". The bottom line was the # of stickers at the end of your shift without respect to acuity. Very few nurses have a team oriented mind set and I found this hospital to be " clickish". As far as patient care that has gone by the wayside as evidenced by all the new policies and the consequences should you fail in even a small part. The review specialists send nasty grams frequently. And these nurses have less than 5 yrs experience. I recommend not working at this facility
Pros
Cons
Complaints not resolved, clicks exist, late to none for lunch breaks in 12 hr shifts, short staffed 99% of the time but mgmt will disagree with that. Comment.
Poor leadership / no leadership
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICUJuly 26, 2017
We have not had a leader for sometime. The perfect candidate came along and they refused to hire them based on "a few of the directors" not approving of her. We still are without a leader. When will they start listening to us?
Cons
leadership, not listening to staff
okay
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJuly 20, 2017
I liked to work here only for the fact that being a nurse is something I am going to school for again. The management is not so great but that was a few years ago when I worked there.
stress, more stress and stressful
nursing aide (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 17, 2017
typical day for a CNA will be greeting your patient in the morning but lately it had been very stressful,you have 2 or 3 call lights going off at the same time the nurses from nights would not even want to take it. They expect you to go get it while you run around the unit for your morning shift, some nurses will call you for filling up a patient's water bottle even if they are in the room and can do it themselves, the management will wonder why you are not performing your best when in reality they give a high acuity hallway or more than you can handle number of people. We are talking about bedrest patient or require 2 assistance but you do by yourself because your RN simply does not have the time to help you, they emphasize on safety but expects you to do everything on your own. The contract says you work 3 days but if you don't pick up even one overtime they will make you feel like an outcast, they are always short on aides because no one wants to be around them anymore, the patient and family thinks it's a hotel lol sure it looks pretty but at the expense of their staff, i saw how nurses and aides cry because the workload is too hard and nobody seems to do something about it.Teamwork is not there anymore, it is more like this "that is not my patient", in short don't bother me with some else IV beeping. If something gets done wrong aides are the first one to go, they will throw you under the bus to that they can say that they did something to resolve the issue.
Pros
experience that if you can handle sky ridge you can handle anything
Cons
management, non existent leadership, favoritism
Beautiful on the outside......
Medical technologist (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 27, 2017
I was very excited to secure a position at Sky Ridge. Later, my excitement turned to dismay. The people who planned this lab obviously didn't know anything about the lab. This lab was too cramped and busy.
Pros
Nice Coffee cart downstairs
Cons
Cramped quarters.
I work with great people. Terrible pay. Terrible benefits
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 26, 2017
Lowest pay in town. Even among HCA. Increasing your skills by moving to critical care areas does not increase your pay. Regularly take benefits away (train pass, etc) and reduce PTO accumulation and PTO limits.

There are no patient ratios that anyone abides by. If there is a bed they will put a patient in it regardless of staffing or acuity. But the pay is so low and raises so sad that all their nurses run out the door in a year. Management changes quickly.
Pros
Close to home/I hate driving. Doesn't require a BSN, lots of schedule flexibility.
Cons
Low pay. Patient ratios suck. 26/hr for 5 year rn.
Sky Ridge Medical
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lonetree, COMay 19, 2017
Sky Ridge Medical is a good place to work, it has a good reputation. However, they seem to always be cutting hours somewhere which means the ratio for techs is 13+:1 and 5:1 for nurses.
Pros
benefits and paid overtime
Cons
cutting hours
Over worked, under paid
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 18, 2017
I do not recommend this hospital to fellow health care workers.
Its a great place for patients, not to work. You will be underpaid, their are competitive with their wages.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 3, 2017
Sky Ridge was always busy and lots of hours to be filled by staff they didn't have to fill. Unfortunately lots of turn over with the staff and management.
Fast paced; high stress
Unit Secretary/CNA (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 23, 2017
Low moral among most staff, very high stress and long hours.Good benefits and many perks working within the hospital, such as concierge, discounted meals.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Health One Management
very productive and safe environment
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 10, 2017
a typical day at work was to unsure the work invironment an excellent place to admit patients a families. The management was perfect.
The hardest place is too see patients and families members going through sadness
The most enjoyable part of the job is to have that opportunity to help some one during hardship
If I could, I would take Sky Ridge with me!
Staff Nurse Medical-Oncology (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 30, 2017
I've worked for Sky Ridge for 12 years and had planned to finish my career there! I am heartbroken to leave a place that I call "family", where I trusted my personal medical care, where my mother was loving cared as she died of a stage IV cancer. Unfortunately my mom's death has forced me to move away with my dad. How I DO encourage a dedicated professional to check out Sky Ridge. Doggonit I want to stay!!!
Pros
Compassionate culture, honest & employee driven!
Cons
Busy!
Great coworkers
Certified Surgical Technologist/Surgical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 29, 2017
I loved my coworkers. It was a great place to work. The working atmosphere was always upbeat and everyone got along. I would recommend working at Sky Ridge to anyone looking for a hospital job.
Work At Skyridge
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant in ICU (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 26, 2017
I like my job and the people that I work with. I work the overnight shifts 12 hours each night. There is a lot of change and jobs are not always stable or hours.

I have learned a lot between all my positions and continue to learn each day.

Management can change often.
Pros
Love to work with poeple and thier families
Cons
Sometimes hard when hours are cut...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sky Ridge Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9