Skyline Corporation

Skyline Corporation Employee Reviews

United States39 reviews
The managment team was great very nice people. The job didnt have enough hours though. The residents were very nice ...the facility was also very nice!
Pros
Not enough hours
Cons
Nice people
The job itself is great I have been there for going on 3 years and I have been through different bosses and ceo there and it has done nothing but get worse management has done everything in there power to make every employee feel like there replaceable and that your position dosent matter and you deffinatley do not receive the pay and benifits that you deserve I was rushed to the hospital from work because I blacked out and had a seizure and they refused to pay my hospital bill telling me that it wasn’t work related they will screw you any chance they get and will not feel bad for doing it but it used to be a great loving place to work
Needs to be more put together. Hardest part of the job would be getting paper cuts and having to stop to stop the bleeding. I learned that you have to be quick but also patience
Great people to work with. The job was great. Had a great boss.
Vacation was good. Pay could have been better. Everyone got along well. You really did not have stressful days.
No respect from Supervisors or other staff. I wouldn't recomend this job to anyone. Poor managment and bosses. The company treats people like there no good and has no respect for their workers.
Pros
Pay not bad working with handicapped people in their homes.
Cons
Ingorant Supervisors and bosses.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I would not recommend anyone work here unless they were in dire straights. If you like to be yelled at and demeaned, and underpaid this is the place for you!
Pros
Fast paced days went by fast
Cons
Poor moral lousy manager!
Great place to get a lot of experience in many different areas. It helped me become a better person and a harder of a worker and helped me better understand a lot of carpentry that I didn't know already .
Pros
Work at your own pace and everything is provided for you
Cons
Short breaks and really hot
I’ve worked in the plant and in the office.
No matter where you go management is horrible. You’re just a number and there is no training whatsoever. There is a lot of nepotism and everyone in the plant is somehow related or affiliated. They do with their employees as they want and the turnover rate is insane. There is a lot of shady business going on and nobody does anything about it. There is hunsbands, brothers, nephews, brothers in laws, friends, wives etc..

Seems as if it was a family and friends business. Once you’re a target everyone will turn their back on you. I’ve been in this company more than 5 years and it has gotten worse.
Pros
Hours, some employees are nice
Cons
Nepotism, pay, poor management and forced to work weekends
Overall not a bad company to work for in Sugarcreek BUT supervisors in certain departments are an absolute joke and do nothing but walk around and screw with people or disappear every hour to go smoke. As far as other employees, there are a few bad seeds but overall people are willing to help you learn but it is still a very fast paced environment.
Cons
No PTO
Really good people hard working and good pay and they are like a family member respect all employees and they take very seriously the quality of their works
Fast paced , many trades to learn that can help with building a home and understand what goes into building a home. Room for advanced if desired and have the potential to do so.
basic assembly line work. no overtime. minimum wage. repetitive but not overly exhausting. general labor / factory work easy going. i would recommend it for a temporary summer job.
Pros
easy labor
Cons
temporary employment
I work long hours in a extremely hot warehouse. A quick paced environment and on my 10 or more hours daily, and pay could be better. However a decent job overall...
It was okay until they closed down unexpectedly, most workers didn’t see it coming and were not prepared at the time. The environment itself was not horrible.
They take care of there employees and always safety first there. They have tool box talks constantly and monthly meetings going over all the injuries or accidents from all the plants
daily work was different and the time varied on production . Sometimes we had to work on Saturdays if production wasn't met Monday through Friday. Place was ok and the people were ok also.
Pros
its a steady back order
Cons
management
If you have a brain and can think for yourself, you're not wanted there. They only want idiot robots or drinking buddies that won't question their authority - even when their "ideas" are asinine.
Pros
Cons
Multiple
I do recommend this job to the people that are hard Worker’s and that like to work with a team good people and good staffs. Fun place and good people.
Pros
Free snow cone and waters
Cons
Breaks and lunch time..
its simple its hard work , but once you get use to it its really not that bad the pay is fair when you look at what you make there and compare it to other places alot of changes in process that were way overdue hopefully its not too late for the company I'm not completely sure what is going on with champion and this "merger''. only time will tell. alot of confussion on a regular basis the only way to make it work it to keep on going and not stand around and wait on someone else because that will not get you home when you want to be off.
Pros
incentive pay
Cons
expensive healthcare
This was a fast-paced, long hrs weekly, rough kind of job. Not for the faint of heart. I learned to communicate and endure hard labor. The hardest part of the job was to engage and to finish the day with a great hard work integrity culture as the construction environment is always been hard!
Pros
Great pay and long hrs.
Cons
Lots of profanity and hard labor
I worked at skyline for over two years. They do not care about people. To them everyone is expendable. Its the bottom line they care about, and you will here that in every manager you meet. They push push push for a low grade inferior product. The departments are dirty and unhealthy. They will not improve there safety practices, unless OSHA says so. So this means the drywall crew has to sand with light weight paper masks, all the while hacking up a lung. They have meetings telling everyone how much they are making, and that profits are way up, but you never see any improvements in the working environment. Id rather dress up in a clown suit standing outside of a restaurant waving some silly banner, then work at skyline. Pass this place up, you will be much better off in the long run. And if you have seen how these homes are thrown together, you would never consider a prefab home in your life!
Pros
Free ham at christmas
Cons
bad management, poor wages, unhealthy working environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skyline Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.1
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Skyline Corporation Reviews by Job Title