Skyline Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
place was ok
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 30, 2018
daily work was different and the time varied on production . Sometimes we had to work on Saturdays if production wasn't met Monday through Friday. Place was ok and the people were ok also.
Pros
its a steady back order
Cons
management
Was great for a long time, until sold out
Worker (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 21, 2018
Company and job are great, CEO is only out for himself. He lied to us and built us up with false hopes, then sells the company to pad his own pockets while leaving us hanging out to dry.
Pros
Job, co-workers
Cons
Ceo
Do yourself a favor and work anywhere but here.
Walls (Former Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSMay 21, 2018
If you have a brain and can think for yourself, you're not wanted there. They only want idiot robots or drinking buddies that won't question their authority - even when their "ideas" are asinine.
Pros
Cons
Multiple
Fun place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORApril 15, 2018
I do recommend this job to the people that are hard Worker’s and that like to work with a team good people and good staffs. Fun place and good people.
Pros
Free snow cone and waters
Cons
Breaks and lunch time..
decent place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Sugarcreek, OHJanuary 16, 2018
its simple its hard work , but once you get use to it its really not that bad the pay is fair when you look at what you make there and compare it to other places alot of changes in process that were way overdue hopefully its not too late for the company I'm not completely sure what is going on with champion and this "merger''. only time will tell. alot of confussion on a regular basis the only way to make it work it to keep on going and not stand around and wait on someone else because that will not get you home when you want to be off.
Pros
incentive pay
Cons
expensive healthcare
Hard working place
Framer/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 9, 2018
This was a fast-paced, long hrs weekly, rough kind of job. Not for the faint of heart. I learned to communicate and endure hard labor. The hardest part of the job was to engage and to finish the day with a great hard work integrity culture as the construction environment is always been hard!
Pros
Great pay and long hrs.
Cons
Lots of profanity and hard labor
Horrible place to work. Management very poor
Tiling/drywall/triming (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, WIJanuary 5, 2018
I worked at skyline for over two years. They do not care about people. To them everyone is expendable. Its the bottom line they care about, and you will here that in every manager you meet. They push push push for a low grade inferior product. The departments are dirty and unhealthy. They will not improve there safety practices, unless OSHA says so. So this means the drywall crew has to sand with light weight paper masks, all the while hacking up a lung. They have meetings telling everyone how much they are making, and that profits are way up, but you never see any improvements in the working environment. Id rather dress up in a clown suit standing outside of a restaurant waving some silly banner, then work at skyline. Pass this place up, you will be much better off in the long run. And if you have seen how these homes are thrown together, you would never consider a prefab home in your life!
Pros
Free ham at christmas
Cons
bad management, poor wages, unhealthy working environment
low pay, horrible enviroment
Asst. Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 6, 2017
this company pays it's workers in the poverty range while the owners have mansions in Elkhart, Chicago , and Miami. you can't take pride in your work because they want to build the cheapest product they can utilizing the cheapest, most inferior products they can find
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
pay, work environment
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Sugarcreek, OHSeptember 21, 2017
I started here fresh out of high school with working no more than 5 hours at a time due to being a minor and in school (previous job). I worked 12-14 hours a day, which is hard for someone who hasn't worked that long and hard before. It was too brutal working with bad equipment and with people that weren't that nice or fair.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Long hours, bogus pay
Skyline is a home builder with a stressful environment
Electrician (Former Employee) –  606 South East Main Street Mansfield TexasSeptember 18, 2017
I worked at Skyline for 2 years it's a very fast-paced environment which can be very stressful the supervisors we're somewhat new to the position. Advancements were hard in certain positions because the company was always short-handed I had no problem with the supervisors or managers. They would tell you that I was a hard-working man always on time never late for work and I knew my job. At this time Skyline is no longer in business they were bought out by Champion Homes.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to advance in company

Want to know more about Skyline Corporation?

Ask a question
friendly nice place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 13, 2017
benefits are great, everyone who works there is super friendly and company is an over all great place to work.CEO friendly. i really enjoyed my time there.
worked long hours no time for anything else
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sugarcreek, OHDecember 12, 2016
Building walls and repairing rest of department all day long.
Had to keep doing everyone else job to make sure it was done.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Always at work no home life
Good work enviroment
Group Leader over shell dept for RV's (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 22, 2016
The supervisor's made sure that the work place was clean and free of anything that may cause any of the workers to get hurt. That made it easier for the employees to do their jobs.
Pros
safe place to work
Cons
constant print changes
Productive, family oriented, stable environment, employee friendly
Corporate Director of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 13, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
lack of benefits
Productive and Secure Place to Work
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 17, 2015
The years I worked at Skyline were good years. I worked full-time and learned a lot about document and spreadsheet productive in Excel. I also had the opportunity for a promotion into not one but two positions for Department Secretary of Manufactured Housing and Recreational Vehicles. The hardest part of my job was probably the full-time hours being a single mother of a young child and paying for a finding child care all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the many close friends I made during my years of working at Skyline.
Pros
Excellent benefits package and paid vacation time.
Cons
Sometimes spent a lot of hours on my feet
Productive and fun work week in the systems built housing industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAJuly 23, 2014
A typical day in the office was taking calls and caring for accounts to help them place orders for production. That the business is a feast or famine industry. Meaning, their either is too much business to handle or not enough business to keep the plants producing. Had a great relationship with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was having to learn all of the components that go into building a home in the plant. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling you got when you signed on a new account for your company, a feeling of success.
Pros
The individuals in the sales team worked very well togther and enjoyed each others successes
Cons
Having to work open house on weekends at clients retail lot
employed many people over the years
Head Receiver (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 18, 2013
A great place to work and advance ! Never thought they would up and leave Hemet -when 1 door closes another 2 open and I hope its soon THANKYOU so much J.Deas
Very fast pace enviroment, good people to work with, excellent pay
Manufacturing/Warehouse work (Former Employee) –  Fair Haven, VTJuly 27, 2013
I did not mind working here it was a very fast pace job,the people were good to work with it was a good enviroment. I typically did roofing, put together walls to be set next down the line. It was a long assembly line and every station had its purpose. Hardest part of the job was sometimes it got a little out of control with the fast pace other than that it was a great job.
Pros
Excellent pay, good benefits, good people to work with
Cons
Talked a lot about safety but really didnt enforce it
Skyline
Tape and Texture Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSJuly 5, 2013
I like my job however its very stressful to work under the people i do. Cant lead if your always being yelled at and pulled to the side. I also would like to be talked to like a person and have it be a normal work respect. I also would like a steady work flow, its hard to support a family when your getting layed off every other week.
Pros
Job, pay sometimes.
Cons
Management, checks arnt always reliable, layed off a lot.
Productive and fast work environment
Floater (Former Employee) –  Sugarcreek, OHApril 24, 2013
Good place to work if your are a fast learner. management is ok. job is hard to pick up on because there is so much to learn in a short amount of time
Pros
hours
Cons
some of the other employees