Skyline Healthcare Employee Reviews

I liked it slot but it was my own fault
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  YesDecember 13, 2018
I loved being around three elder and enjoyed the their schools and to help them in what ever they need I love cleaning so that didnt bother me I like all my coworkers they made me feel comfortable I miss that place alot;
Pros
Alot
Cons
Some
Great People
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2018
I must say that in all my years of working, that I have never worked with such a good group of people. We all worked together as a team and enjoyed helping each other out if we were to fall behind. We geninually cared about one another.
stressful, unorganized
Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 15, 2018
Skyline was recently bought out but there was no room for advancement. For those of us in the SNF field the company was not organized or prepared for the level of work involved.
Terible management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasApril 5, 2018
With those people running the company should have been in bankruptcy long ago.
The managent in new jersey that is running the show is ran by a kid who I wouldn't deal with him to buy a new car, let alone mangling lives on the elderly

Bills were never paid, we got the cheapest quality stuff from buyskilinE & we still had to give the best service to the patient's.
Luckilymost of the local staffordable was good and dedicated but many left since they couldn't Stand the lies and manipulations of upper management

Not to mention when u had to go to a doctor and u see u r not covered while the insurance is taken off every check

Terible place don't give them to long to stay in business
Pros
Cant think of 1
Cons
To mich to count
Worst Place I've Ever Worked
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2018
This is the worst place I have ever worked raises are non existant, benefits are the worst, corporate management has no idea what they are doing they keep buying facilites when they can't pay the bills for the ones they already have, cant get supplies because they dont pay thier bills, pay checks are alwys bouncing, you can never get any answres form the corporate office, payroll people wont ever call you back either. It's embarassing to work for a company that cant even pay the vendors it deals with and has to constantly switch suppliers because of it. They order the cheapest supplies they can find which means the lowest quality for everyting food, paper products, cleaning supplies you name it, I have no idea how this place is still operating.
very poor rin company
Director of Nursing (DON) (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 29, 2018
the local people that were good left for LaCK of comunication.
upper management was only here to promise and never live up to what they said.
health insurance was taken out of everyone's checks, but they didn't pay doctors, and many went into colections.
uper management was only close with those who gossip with them, but had no respect for real profscional employees.
was a terible place to work, and I am not sure how long they can still be in business, as they are draining out of resources, of the facility.
supplies is never to be found as they don't pay vendors.
it's a real mess to work in a place were upper management is just here to cut Their benefits. but donthe care for the success of the patientshul and employees.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
terible upper management
Terrible company!!
Administration (Current Employee) –  NebraskaMarch 28, 2018
Would not recommend this company to anyone. Nebraska facilities were put in receivership because Skyline did not pay the employees. Skyline does not pay their bills either, vendors haven't been paid for months. Very poor upper management, they never respond to the facilities. Owners/Corporate only care about the amount of money that goes in their pockets.
Pros
management at the facilities are great! They are very caring about the residents
Cons
corporate, don't pay their employees or bills.
I wouldn’t recommend in any state
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  NebraskaMarch 25, 2018
Nebraska facilities didn’t get paid at all on most recent payday and all in the news about the Nebraska facilities being placed in receivership. Bankrupt.
Pros
Local Management
Cons
Everything else
Was not a good place to work under Skyline
Med Tech CNA (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 24, 2018
This company has filed bankruptcy No longer exciting.Always out of supplies Had to bring shampoo for residents zoo gas in van to take people to appointment
They do not know Post Acute Care
Nurse (Current Employee) –  South DakotaFebruary 24, 2018
This is a bunch of East cost Real estate mogules with too much money and no knowledge or experience who thought they could remain rich by investing in the worst of the worst preforming Long Term Care buildings in the country. Well, guess what! They cant run the business and they are on the verge of going Bankrupt.
Pros
Nothing else available in many of the areas they operate
Cons
To numerous to mention-
Awful, awful company to work for. Family who owns it does not know how to run this type of business.
Nursing Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 19, 2018
Worked for a company that Skyline purchased in Massachusetts and they are running it into the ground. Staff and management here are doing the best they can but there is no support from ownership. No vendors are paid it is embarrassing to be known as their employee
Pros
Employees doing their best in spite of the owners
Cons
Companybseems to be in severe financial trouble, vendors don't get paid, lots of layoffs, very very short staffed, not given supplies and equipment to take care of the people
Horrible company
Director (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYFebruary 15, 2018
The management only cares about the bottom line and lining the owners pockets. They do not care about the residents or the employees. I would never work for them again or recommend them to anyone.
Most forward thinking nursing home company
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 15, 2018
Skyline is a Fast paced forward thinking nursing home company.
Complaints come from people who were let go due to RIF.

I have no complaints. If you want to work, you'll be treated well.
Pros
Good people
Would never recommend working for this company
Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 6, 2018
Local Management is great. Upper management which is out of state is horrible. No communication, no response to emails. Don't pay bills or they pay and the checks bounce. Take money from employees for insurance but then don't fund the payment so many people are in collection for their medical bills. Most staff wouldn't trust Skyline with their pet never mind a sick loved one.
Pros
Like my coworkers
Cons
Embarrassing to work for due to poor management, don't pay their bills, poor reputation
Never again
Nursing (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 5, 2018
You day is like walking into a world where you have no idea what you're going to be doing or what's going to happen... Management doesn't help one bit, you get screamed and yelled at for other peoples wrongs instead of management calling that one person aside and talking to them. NO one from management will help out on the floor but would rather sit and gossip about their lives or gossip about other people opening in the hallway. Anyone and everyone is hired. This is also the place where race is thrown around. On the other side you pay get a check from corporate that will bounce or you pay get a phone all from a vendor or contractor that's been trying to collect money from August and management will refuse to talk on the phone to them. When you call corporate to voice your opinion you can never get ahold of someone. Not to mention if you decide you're hungry and want to eat food from work be expecting to pay $4 for a small amount of nasty food OR pay $4 for food and then have them tell you "sorry we didn't make enough"
Pros
there isn't any pros
Horrid
Current employee (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 27, 2018
HORRID-That's all I can say. Run like the devil's after you. The company's regional/corporate staff's strongest attribute is lying. NO vendors get paid. Very embarrassing. Of course the owners make sure they draw a salary every pay.
Pros
Wish there were some
Cons
Many
Great work environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 21, 2018
people there are friendly, every once a while they will do a cookout, and always have sweets in the break-room. really quite work environment( maybe because they are all in the cubical)
Its fun and stressful at thr same time.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 18, 2018
I love my job, but sometimes, like any job, its stressful. I enjoy the residents and most of the nurses are easy to work with. There's a lot of teamwork.
Be careful what you wish for
EXTERNAL LIASON (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 5, 2018
This company is horribly ran by stupid individuals that claim to know everything and truly have no knowledge of what they are doing and never take blame for what they did
Pros
Cons
Doesn't pay employees or vendors (embarrassing)
Worst company ever
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  South DakotaJanuary 5, 2018
Worst company to work for! The upper management including owners and just more concerned about padding their own pockets and does care about patient care. They can’t pay their bills, who knows when paychecks will start bouncing too!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skyline Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4

See reviews about

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

4.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight