Skyline Healthcare

Skyline Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States49 reviews
very stressful
Skyline healthcare was a very stressful environment for all parties , the staff and the residents. The building in which i was located staffing was always very low which made my job as the staffing coordinator a lot harder than it should have been
Work place culture
Over all a very friendly comfortable work environment. Staff are helpful and always worked as a team helping one another towards our goal. Management was understanding and also took the time to get to know each staff member individually.
My mornings start off great making sure the rooms are nice an clean
Cleaning the rooms an restocking they needs an having it smelling so wonderful so when they woke up it puts them in a great mood an they visitors loved how nice an respectful the employees are
company dissolved
this company went bankrupt and dissolved. This company grew too quickly and was unable to sustain its employees and buildings.
I worked at the director of rehab and PT for the building.
Company Closed
Owners were stealing money from the company instead of investing into their buildings. Vendors were not paid which severely hurt employees ability to perform.
Productive team orientated work environment
Use your time wisely . Be productive at all times . Nothing is personal . Respect is key to success. Remember to have fun. Learn as much as you possibly can.
Pros
Teamwork, Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks, little pay
A Disapointment
I was a new administrator in a building chronically known to have problems. During my employment, there were several improvements made and the level of cohesiveness between staff members improved. However, I was paying for the gas for the van to allow patients to get to appointments, was never reimbursed, and was challenged consistently on expenses of all department heads. I never felt that I had the support of several members of the corporate office but the few that I had left around the time that I did. I also surmounted a fire on premises and was in the facility between 10-12 hours per day. This facility has had a poor reputation for decades. I do believe that I did make some positive changes.
Pros
Close relationships with co-workers
Cons
Poor ownership
Unsanitary and Unorganized
I started working at Skyline Healthcare through an agency. The agency was paying me well, however the environment at the facility was horrible. The staff coordinator and nurses are rude and unhelpful. The people that work there do not seem happy with their work. Although I went to work there as a temporary nurse, they still did not give me a proper orientation or show me the areas of the facilities so I can become familiar. I called my agency, clipboard health, and told them I am not comfortable working here and that I will be going home. I told the DSD that I am leaving because of the poor environment and unhelpful staff. The location in San Jose is horrible. If you are a nurse, do not work here.
Pros
Easy to find facility, good parking
Cons
Rude management and nurses, dirty hallways and rooms, Unsanitary
I liked it slot but it was my own fault
I loved being around three elder and enjoyed the their schools and to help them in what ever they need I love cleaning so that didnt bother me I like all my coworkers they made me feel comfortable I miss that place alot;
Pros
Alot
Cons
Some
Great People
I must say that in all my years of working, that I have never worked with such a good group of people. We all worked together as a team and enjoyed helping each other out if we were to fall behind. We geninually cared about one another.
work culture
Top management at headquarters was bad. Didn't pay workers on time at times. Acquired many contracts throughout the midwest without having the skills to manage.
stressful, unorganized
Skyline was recently bought out but there was no room for advancement. For those of us in the SNF field the company was not organized or prepared for the level of work involved.
Terible management
With those people running the company should have been in bankruptcy long ago.
The managent in new jersey that is running the show is ran by a kid who I wouldn't deal with him to buy a new car, let alone mangling lives on the elderly

Bills were never paid, we got the cheapest quality stuff from buyskilinE & we still had to give the best service to the patient's.

Luckilymost of the local staffordable was good and dedicated but many left since they couldn't Stand the lies and manipulations of upper management

Not to mention when u had to go to a doctor and u see u r not covered while the insurance is taken off every check

Terible place don't give them to long to stay in business
Pros
Cant think of 1
Cons
To mich to count
Worst Place I've Ever Worked
This is the worst place I have ever worked raises are non existant, benefits are the worst, corporate management has no idea what they are doing they keep buying facilites when they can't pay the bills for the ones they already have, cant get supplies because they dont pay thier bills, pay checks are alwys bouncing, you can never get any answres form the corporate office, payroll people wont ever call you back either. It's embarassing to work for a company that cant even pay the vendors it deals with and has to constantly switch suppliers because of it. They order the cheapest supplies they can find which means the lowest quality for everyting food, paper products, cleaning supplies you name it, I have no idea how this place is still operating.
very poor rin company
the local people that were good left for LaCK of comunication.
upper management was only here to promise and never live up to what they said.

health insurance was taken out of everyone's checks, but they didn't pay doctors, and many went into colections.

uper management was only close with those who gossip with them, but had no respect for real profscional employees.

was a terible place to work, and I am not sure how long they can still be in business, as they are draining out of resources, of the facility.

supplies is never to be found as they don't pay vendors.

it's a real mess to work in a place were upper management is just here to cut Their benefits. but donthe care for the success of the patientshul and employees.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
terible upper management
Terrible company!!
Would not recommend this company to anyone. Nebraska facilities were put in receivership because Skyline did not pay the employees. Skyline does not pay their bills either, vendors haven't been paid for months. Very poor upper management, they never respond to the facilities. Owners/Corporate only care about the amount of money that goes in their pockets.
Pros
management at the facilities are great! They are very caring about the residents
Cons
corporate, don't pay their employees or bills.
I wouldn’t recommend in any state
Nebraska facilities didn’t get paid at all on most recent payday and all in the news about the Nebraska facilities being placed in receivership. Bankrupt.
Pros
Local Management
Cons
Everything else
Was not a good place to work under Skyline
This company has filed bankruptcy No longer exciting.Always out of supplies Had to bring shampoo for residents zoo gas in van to take people to appointment
They do not know Post Acute Care
This is a bunch of East cost Real estate mogules with too much money and no knowledge or experience who thought they could remain rich by investing in the worst of the worst preforming Long Term Care buildings in the country. Well, guess what! They cant run the business and they are on the verge of going Bankrupt.
Pros
Nothing else available in many of the areas they operate
Cons
To numerous to mention-
Awful, awful company to work for. Family who owns it does not know how to run this type of business.
Worked for a company that Skyline purchased in Massachusetts and they are running it into the ground. Staff and management here are doing the best they can but there is no support from ownership. No vendors are paid it is embarrassing to be known as their employee
Pros
Employees doing their best in spite of the owners
Cons
Companybseems to be in severe financial trouble, vendors don't get paid, lots of layoffs, very very short staffed, not given supplies and equipment to take care of the people
Horrible company
The management only cares about the bottom line and lining the owners pockets. They do not care about the residents or the employees. I would never work for them again or recommend them to anyone.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skyline Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5
InHerSight Score
3.9Personal Development
5.0Career Opportunities
4.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight