SKYTOP LODGE Employee Reviews

A tyical day at work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJuly 15, 2018
Greet all, check on culinary & pastry team tasks, if there were any call outs, observed presentations, sanitation. Ensure all team members are in dress code and sanitation standards are being upheld? Listen for to their needs, maintained, inventory or staffing challenges, support them with their Mis en place and production sheets. Ensure everyone is working as a team and efficiently. Taste soups/sauces, vinaigrettes, buffet & corporate presentations. Talk to all FOH leaders and members solicited feedback. Check my hit list, BEO's create a burnt out list. Recap last night service and if we been hitting our mark. After service respond to emails set up for any appointments such as sales representatives, interviews, prepare for in house meetings? Hit the receiving team, purchasing and kitchen stewards in seeing how their day is going whether their mop stations are setup and chemicals are running well test sanitizing solation. Execute on service times ala carte and banquets work hands on with team. Ensure all sanitation standards are in state code, date & label, proper storage, schedule extra cleaning. Look over check sheets and review LC, FC & checkbook accounting budgets. Use time wisely especially when opportunities arrive for mentoring and fostering team, as them questions on ratio's knife cuts and safety training!
Pros
free meal. expense account, dried cleaning/ association fees
Cons
always driving bottom line profits can toll, upper level of leaders could had worked more cohesively
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJune 24, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at Skytop. It was a job i needed at the time as i was 18 and being a dining room server i made bank! but i grew up a little and needed to move forward in life.
Skytop is a resort hotel in the Pocono Mountains
houseman/linen porter (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAApril 17, 2018
You live,eat,party,and work at Skytop. They provide your room,3 meals a day, work and everything right there. The work is good work,I got hourly wages,tips and gratuities based on hotel attendece,which was usually very good. My wife (who I met at Skytop) got hourly wages,tips and gratuities as well. I often think about going back. I love the mountains
Pros
it's a reort hotel and lots of benefits
Cons
often you might feel overworked, but you can do it
nasty people
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAMarch 12, 2018
the wear and tear you will put on your car will not amount to the pay. management steals, they also solicit drugs on property. not nice people. they do not care about employees. horrible pay, horrible management. bottom line is they suck and they should not be in business anymore
Pros
Amazing staff and work atmosphere
Internship (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAMarch 8, 2018
Best job i had so far. Having this job as Assistant Golf Pro made my summer experience a lot of fun. No matter what department,everyone is very friendly and helpful. This is an amazing working environment
okay place to work if you have the patience
Pantry/Line cook (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PA 18357February 16, 2018
head and sous chef were too demanding
team work lacked poorly
poor sanitation team with cockroaches infestations
if you like to cook and have the patience then this the job for you
Pros
free lunches, dormitory
Cons
poor management
Great GM
Cafe/Deli attendant (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJanuary 23, 2018
Pleasant environment, friendly staff. The GM generally cares for the guests and employees, he does whatever he can to create a happy and fair work place.
Great Job
Adventure Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Skytop Lodge is a beautiful resort in the Pocono's. It is a great place to work for those who live in the Pocono's, college students or those who are looking for a summer job as they do have dorms for housing if needed.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
location
It's okay.
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Skytop, PADecember 5, 2017
meals on a schedule, benefits only available for employees 1 day a week, management looks down on staff. Although it is easy money and has year round business, it takes a special level of patience to make it in this hotel.
Work day was productive but ended abruptly
Baking and Pastry Extern (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PASeptember 11, 2017
The management at skytop lodge is extremely corrupt and they seem to pick favorites very easily and stick to it. One other extern was there at the same time as I was and they treated her with respect and just kicked me to the curb.
Fun and versatile workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJuly 27, 2017
Skytop Lodge was a very different work environment that I've ever experienced working. Although the hours were very flexible and also very extensive I enjoyed working for Skytop Lodge I would recommend this work place for anyone that is looking for an employer that has fun working with different cultures and also doesn't mind having a job that is not repetitive each time you come to work then Skytop Lodge is a place for you. Also it includes room and board with meals included with your room and board not many jobs offer that.
Pros
Not repetitive, meeting new different people from all around the world, and also great pay
Cons
Long work hours constant movement, few days off
cool place to work, good to make money
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJune 25, 2017
Not the best place but defiantly make money there. Love the vibe and the crew for the most part makes the job worth it. Place needs some serious renovations but its a really nice area and cool place to work
Pros
Managment
Cons
Pay, Gm
Productive but sometimes slow
Tea room attendent (Current Employee) –  Skytop, PAApril 22, 2017
It is an okay place to work. Busy during the slow and very slow during the winter. Best to have a back up job. The guests that stay are friendly and working there provides you with a different kind of experience.
Pros
Commission and lunch provided
Cons
Short breaks
productive
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Cresco, PAApril 14, 2017
stressful, sometimes fun, nice people, nice management, annoying, learned about skytop, great benefits if full time, free breakfast lunch and dinner, a lot of activities
Good Company
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Skytop, PAJanuary 19, 2017
SKytop Lodge is an excellent getaway resort for couples and families. Great company that respects their employees as well as promotes from within. Reservation department is wonderful!
Skytop Lodge
Assistant Superintendent (officially spray tech) (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 7, 2016
Great job and experience for me I have learned how to mix and spray chemicals. I am getting more experience with the irrigation system. I am also getting experience with training and leasing the crew. The management on the golf course is great, but have minor issues with the other management.
Pros
Free lunches, great crew, good golf course management, good overall working envirroment
Cons
Winter work is cold, working in rain, long drive
Love tht place
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  PANovember 22, 2016
In my working on Skytop I started Frm houseman to banquet capt, nice place to work at..I enjoy working with people Frm guest to do worker,I'd learned so much in my years work in skytop
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
No days off
Dont bother
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJuly 1, 2016
This company hires overseas and takes jobs from americans. They ship them in by the dozens provide food housing and lower pay on site so they dont have to do the right thing and pay americans a good wage. Half of the management dosnt know what the other is doing is a cluster ..... they take money out of your pay for meals even if you do not eat. Your paycheck is never right. Constantly have to deal with accounting for discrepancies. Then they tell you two weeks they will fix it and then your missing more hours. Most people that have been there for years are leaving because of change. This used to be a good place to work. They say perks and you can use facilities but they are not all included. Pretty much use them on certain days or hours only. They cant keep locals and have burned bridges. Constantly a high turnover. You're dispensable because there is always another country to ship from. Dont do it you will regret it! Unless you want a free flight in and out of america or should I say a free way to get in and never leave. Ps tips are not yours to keep. They tack on gratuities to the bills and keep them. As well as server fees and bar fees. Its all kept in house. You dont see a penny. They will however tell you the opposite to lure you in.
Pros
housing if your homeless as 3 squares a day
Cons
high turnover overworked underpayed good luck with a day off
Tips tacked on to weddings and banquets do not go to severs or bartenders
Servers bartenders (Current Employee) –  Skytop paJune 12, 2016
The place is nice. Management is nice but unorganised. When first starting everything is all over the place. Perks cafeteria for workers. Downfalls..they hire out of country and expect to treat Americans the way they treat overseas employees. Owners or management tack on tips to big parties 18 percent but servers and bartenders do not see those gratuties. So people booking parties thing tips included but house gets it not thr bartenders or severs. They also charge a fee for service which employees do not see. Hourly wages only! They also do not allow tip jars out for parties so makes it hard to make anything extra.
Pros
Cafetria for employees and on site housing
Cons
Charges for gratuities for parties assessed but not given to employees and no tips jars allowed
Friendly place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAMay 31, 2016
Friendly place, professional staff, in the Poconos, returning Family vacation spot, great for all ages with many things to do.