Skyword Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Definite leaders in their space
Director of Brand Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2016
They have a great operation and are clearly leaders in their space. They are not the cheapest option but I do believe they are the best.
Fun culture, filled with bright and proven successful management
Sr. Web Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2015
At Skyword I learned how to build, operate, troubleshoot / support open source xen servers on centos linux. I also learned how to build, operate, troubleshoot / support clustered MySQL database servers via DRDB as well as how to configure master slave replication. I also worked on building virtualized environments in Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) leveraging the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networking service. The top priority in the Operations group at Skyword is security, then support ( fix anything thats broken - a rare occurence) service the end users (desktop support) then work on projects. I was responsible for building and maintaining the Wordpress sites hosted by Skyword and training the other Operations staff on Wordpress as well. Part of the support and project work is to automate certain tasks such as backups, log rotation, log and security event management. My co-workers were great. Management is polite and professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on high profile projects that involved both the business units and IT units ( Ops, Development, QA, Sales, Marketing, Program Management ). The hardest part of the job was managing professional growth as the high profile projects were far and few between for the Operations team.
Exposure to all aspects of the business as well as high profile projects
Not many cons other than higher than expected effort for maintenance of career growth path.
Fantastic company to work for
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 21, 2014
An amazing company, with a wide variety of opportunities available. Great pay, great co-workers, and HIGHLY recommended. Keep your portfolio up to date, to ensure that you are found when opportunities arise.

Editors and management are fair, quick to respond to any questions or clarifications needed, and are all-around great people to work with.
Great pay; easy to contact; pays on time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skyword. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

Personal Development

Career Opportunities

Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Skyword Reviews by Location