Skyworks Solutions
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Skyworks Solutions Employee Reviews

Overall behind competition in terms of technology. Good system in place but no time to learn the great system. Everyone including managers are overworked. Only people who can take easy and get all the credits are director level and above. Sales and marketing is a joke and get credit for all the hard work of working guys like designers and application engineers. Competition is and will be eating their lunch soon.
Pros
Overall good people, they all want to win which is good for any company.
Cons
Directors and upper management could care less. They already made their money.
I can only speak for the night shift when saying this, but this is probably the most miserable place I have ever been to. Production is miserable , management notices without care for action. Backstabbing , retaliation, everything is included when working here. If you make the one mistake in the hours you are there, it doesn’t take long before your lead, other engineers, and management start harassing for making their job harder. As a new hire , I was excited, and the training team is excellent and they do their job really well, which is misleading you to think this is a company worth your while. The day I was hired, I was immediately approached by other techs, asking how much I made. There is no advancement or growth in the company , and I can’t find much about this job that made me feel at home. Comfort isn’t an option, as you must do your job PLUS others for the 12 hours you are there a night. By the way, don’t worry about having to use the restroom, as you will eventually your team/ lead will make you feel so bad , you don’t even have to go anymore ! 0/10 , don’t waste your time. You won’t be happy going to work, or on your off days. Off days feel draining, and there’s no point to work for a company who only cares about themselves.
Pros
Smells good, clean
Cons
Everything else
Company is amazing in terms of internship, workload isn't too heavy and all engineers are more than happy to teach and are great people to learn from.
Pros
Flexible with school schedules
1.Barely any room for growth. Raises are not good,and the longer you stay the worse it gets2.No integrity. Team lead like to misrepresent data and FORCE the whole team to follow. Cheating is acquiesced by the managers to get credits from the product team3.Rude and insulting behavior is ok and ignored. Very high turnover rate,including both this site and other sites who work with this team4.Always under pressure and micro managedBefore changing the sad culture, it’s not wise to hire more people for this team. People come and go, which hurts both employer and employee. The attrition issue potentially adds risks of leaking intellectual property to the competitors, which is not good for the company in the long term.
If you are looking for a company to grow with don't apply here. Upper management will hold you back even if you get chosen for an internal position. If you want to go to school they don't accommodate. Senior techs are now making less money than the new hires.
Pros
The hours.
Cons
Everything else.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
High turnover rate, Low pay, not clear career path and no advancement for most of people. Only selected few are promoted continuously. Most people are stagnant in their level
Pros
flexible time
Cons
low pay, long hours including weekend and holiday, no career for most of people
Going to miss this place when I leave. The employees are friendly, work is steady, and you feel like your contributing. Stocked breakroom, free coffee 24 hours a day.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
No overtime.
Well structured, you are free to experiment within measure. The space is booming now but troubles could be ahead due to a dependance on a single client.
Not worth the time. They hire low wage immigrants to replace American citizens that have more experience to keep cost down, and impact there diversity goals.
Pros
You can work every day of your holiday.
Cons
Don't expect this to be a long term solution.
Official response from Skyworks Solutions
January 11, 2021
We respectfully disagree with this statement. All of our employees from our manufacturing staff, engineering teams, to our senior leadership, are invited to be a part of a culture that supports diversity and inclusion, innovation and mutual respect. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by offering an excellent benefits package and supporting our employee through key programs such as career development, tuition reimbursement, annual incentive rewards, and employee stock purchasing.
Not a good idea to work here. Low staff heavy work load . Intense trainings. Temp to hire position is 1099 . Some late check problems .Work fast with high quality doesn't mix well.
Pros
Coffee
I enjoyed working in semiconductor field; didn't enjoy my "co-workers" nor empty promises, low pay. I worked night shift with only one other technician, supporting the whole fab. Day shift had at least six techs as well as engineers (still had a higher output!) Other technicians were sneaky, backstabbing s.o.b's. They would purposely set myself and other tech up for failure by rigging tool sets to fail, lie about fixes completed in pass down, etc. Very bad teamwork / poor leadership.
Pros
Fast paced so time went by quickly
Cons
Management, pay, politics
I worked as an intern at this company for 1 year and I absolutely love what I do. I learnt a lot. Pros: hands on experience with validation of different EVBs using VNa sa noise figureCons: did not get an offer even after I worked for 1 year!
Sweat Shop. Plain in simple. Go here is you are a masochist. you will regret it almost instantly.. push for numbers and care not for safety. push you past your breaking point, then hammer you when you make a mistake. Oh... and you better schedule your sick days. Cause you'll get points for calling n sick. And they ain't good points. Doesn't matter if you have sick time to use, it counts against your review if you use them. Better never get sick.
Cons
I loved working at skyworks works your always busy doing something in the fab and the hours few by. But one of the things I didn't like there was there point system 5 points and your fired if ur late its half a point sick 1 point overall it's great company to work for wish I could go back
Its a 12 hour night shift with a minimum wage. Doesn't guarantee pay increase and career growth. No Christmas party which is sad. The night shift eats up all your energy which you rather spend you day off sleeping.
Learned something new every day. Management was on point when we need assistance and caring of our needs personal and professional. Opportunity for growth is always available.
SWKS is a very good company if you are willing to literally work 24/7. Pretty good competitive compensation. They know how to position to the main stream mobile market, and comes up with very cost effective and good performing products.
Pros
Excellent at time to market
Cons
No life
Overall, I loved the people and some of the management. The problem though, is upper management and their idea of a "quality over quantity" work environment usually means something else in their mind. This place in recent years has turned to a sweatshop with extremely strict rules. I would have never left the place, but compensation was not valued to what I was learning. Skyworks, is more of a stepping stone than an actual career UNLESS you really have a knack for becoming a Fab Lead or supervisor, but I know those guys definitely get grilled by upper management all the time...it's a vicious cycle that should be broken. Employees should be heard and valued, this is the first step to making a better work place. Instead, the company will reward you in "skystars" and give a pat on the back like you didn't just excel in all moves in your area. People shouldn't stay too long, the drama runs deep there and it seems like management cares more about moves, break times, bathroom breaks (lol), and talking, rather than taking time to value their employees.
Skyworks is a good place to work for interns. However, the workload can be large sometimes. The manager and colleagues are often very helpful so it is a good place to learn.
You learn a lot of manufacturing environment. All of levels work as a team, there is a lot of comunication from operators to managers through technician, engineers and supervisors. Great benefits. A lot of oportunities to grow up.
The job boasts about all the opportunities, but once you are hired you realize there is almost zero advancement and you end up taking on 2 or 3 different roles during their quarterly layoffs without increased compensation or any insentive. You are micromanaged to death by several department managers who show no leadership or communication skills. There is a reason there is a metaphorical revolving door in most departments here
  1. Employee Reviews