SLAIT Consulting Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great workplace
Networking Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 19, 2018
great work place to be in friendly.

The company is very involved and understanding if there is a family matter that is needed. They worked will with me whenever i needed time off.
Ducks in a Row
Refresh Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2018
I was set to work on a specific day and meet up with a specific person. The ball was dropped on my hire. They did not have a place for me to report to. They did not have me set up in the system like they were supposed to. It took two days to get me in and then I was traveling 142 plus miles a day to refresh PCs.
Pros
Paid overtime
Cons
Too many to put down.
Unable to keep contractors working.
SAP Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 15, 2018
I found the job myself and used Slait as a way to pay my employer. The assigned manager provided minimal support and did little to find a new job when my job ended.
Pros
provided a means of payment to employer;provide W-4
Cons
Did little to find me work when my contract ended. No benefits, No paid holidays
Summary
Senior I.T. Recruiter (Remote) (Current Employee) –  DC, DCFebruary 16, 2018
NO micromanagement - till now

I was left alone to do be suvccessful, but that has changed dratically.

Great company based in Virginia Beach.... great place
Great culture
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 22, 2017
Very well established Consulting firm, with a strong presence in the Richmond area. Very well connected with all the Forture 1000 companies in the Richmond Area. Great Recruiting Team
Pros
Very Flexible work environment
Cons
limited career growth, limited customer list
Great manager to work for
Help Desk Analyst 1/Deskside Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 22, 2016
Great place to work for. Help Desk Manager is the best manager that I have ever worked for.
It is a typical help desk. Pay is ok but very little room to grow.
No room for advancement
SLAIT (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 16, 2016
Management doesn't penalize people that do whatever they want and the people that actually do work hard just get more work dumped on top of them without any compensation.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
Everything else
Team Environment
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 20, 2016
Worked here for a couple of years. Excellent work-life balance! The management team has a family friendly attitude which is a critical component to me. I have been promoted throughout the years and feel that I am given new challenges every day!
Pros
Challenging work environment
Great people and wonderful atmosphere
Sr. Systems Engineer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 18, 2016
great place to work and you feel like they care about your welfare. They are responsive to your needs and never give you the run around.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Tier 1 Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2016
I am enjoying my time at SLAIT Consulting

Typical work day includes sitting in front of a desk for 12 hours a day with two 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch

Management is great! They listen when you have questions and are patient and understanding in general

My co-workers are great and it is easy to work with them

Staying awake for those 12 hours is the hardest part

I have the freedom to study and prepare for my certification exams
Good consulting company to work with in finding contract work
Telecommunications Admin - Bowlmor AMF (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 7, 2015
Excellent at matching your skills with positions available in the work place. Your recruiter was very responsive to any issues you encounter in working with Slait's systems.
Great Company
Service Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 20, 2015
Great company - cares about their employees and family. Company is always growing and you will grow with it.
If you work hard, it will pay off!
Great Start
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 8, 2015
For a Service Desk Analyst:
A typical day at work : Good. Calls might be a lot but that is what the job is for. But this is not a typical call center environment. You get to relax more.

What you learned: PC troubleshooting and basic Service Desk job.

Management. Good so far. Not familiar with other department but I have not heard anything awful about it. Service Desk management is good.

Co-workers: Everyone work as a team. Some may slack

Hardest part: Taking too much calls, but depends what account you have. But then again, its the job.

Enjoyable: Boss cook breakfast for the team sometime, co-workers help when needed, Co-workers buy donut ever Friday. Company treats employee with respect. Lots of freebies in terms of food. Grandiose Christmas party
Pros
Great Start and great job
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
Great Place to work
IT Manager/Software Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 11, 2015
SLAIT is a great place. They provide a good work life balance and truly care about their employees.
laid back work environment and friendly staff
Assisting local (Current Employee) –  Virginia BeachAugust 19, 2014
laid back work environment and friendly staff, love working here.
Pros
Friendly staff, and great work environment.
Cons
not alot of room for advancement
Managing various projects and troubleshooting various environments.
Project Manager/Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 9, 2014
Server health checks.
Project Managemens.
Troubleshooting various applications with virtual production environments.
Project team lead for Help Desk Knowledge based solutions.
Talent Management GURU
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 27, 2013
I have years of experience in Talent Management and have a passion for working with people. It's the Human part that I enjoy the most Human Resources.
Great Placement Company
Active Directory Administrator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 23, 2013
This is a placement company. I was placed with a reputable company where I had the opportunity to work with great people. Management was pleasant and the communication between the Company, SLAIT, and myself were pleasant.
Where there is smoke ... Tread Carefully
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hampton RoadsMay 22, 2013
SLAIT Consulting appears to be a company that can truly provide the best IT staffing and engineering support in the Hampton Roads area, however that is "smoking mirrors". As someone stated, where there is smoke ....

Truth is many of the engineers to include management are inept at their job. SLAIT/Management will send out unqualified engineers at a premium price tag. So as a client you end up paying a hefty bill for sub-par work.

Management really should not even be called management. Really the only time they "manage" anything is how to take money from you or side step issues that need to be addressed.

This company is seriously lacking leadership from top to bottom, but excelled in the unethical practices for some time now. Please do not take this write up as gospel, do some google searches and you will find that many clients state the same thing.

Be warned if you are someone that is looking for employment from this company or if you are a potential client doing research. You stand a better chance not getting taken advantage of in prison than dealing with this company. Please watch you 6 and tread carefully!

Contract
Security Admin/Account Admin (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Although I spent a short time with Slait Consulting, they are always available to answer questions, and they work for you.
Pros
strong company values
Cons
none that i can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SLAIT Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.5InHerSight Score

4.6Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight