Slalom Consulting

Slalom Consulting Employee Reviews

United States98 reviews
Great place to work!
Slalom was a great place to work as a developer, a career high point for me in terms of depth and breadth of work across the MS BI stack with a fast paced paced small Agile development team working remotely, pair and mob programming in two week sprints. It was a great experience and the Slalom employees I worked with were consummately professional and personable.
It is very cult like.
The leaders spend more time telling you about how much good they want to do in the world (a vision that changes quarterly). They expect everyone to buy in as if Slalom is there nurturing mother. In my opinion it is a way of not saying what everyone knows, they are in business to make money and will make all decisions accordingly. Even it goes against their flowery rhetoric. They should be honest, after all companies should exist to make money. The other things are gravy.
Great Place
Great place to work. Time spent on the bench is somewhat scary - future uncertain. As long as you have a client, work is good. People are friendly.
Supportive Work Environment
I finished a year with Slalom and found it to be one of the best consultant experiences. Slalom provided me with the tools and support I needed to hit the ground running on my very first day of work. Throughout my tenure, I experienced great support, training classes pertinent to the department I worked for, and regular team meetings every two weeks to discuss strategies, issues, and overviews of work relevant to my assignments. If I had a problem that I needed guidance on a Slalom manager was always on-site to help me or direct me to a person who could help me.
Great People, Great Clients
I left Slalom several years ago and had worked their for several years. What I miss are the people and the clients - we were working on some of the best projects in the city, and the leadership team was passionate and cared about the individuals.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The leadership leaves much to be desired
I stayed for the colleagues, left because of leadership. Culture of recognizing favorites, not a clear path to promotion, and prioritized clients over consultants (meaning, you didn't have much say in the projects that were assigned to you).
Diverse and rewarding work, great company culture
Fantastic and supportive work and company culture. Allows employees to take ownership of their work. Encourages leadership, growth, and training. Extremely supportive management. Fantastic employee recognition.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Slalom has a great culture. They really do hire for culture and fit. The challenge is as a consultant you might not be working for that culture. However, you will have a great opportunity to learn and grow.
Great company
Great company with friendly people. They really invest in people and relationships. Leadership tries to place consultants on preferred opportunities to build their skills and experience.
A great place to do great work
Slalom is a good place for burgeoning technologists and seasoned leaders to deliver information technology solutions to large national corporations. There is never a shortage of work or team building activities at Slaom.
Great company, culture and local work opportunity
Great company providing business and technology professional services to SMB and large business clients across industries. Stays on the leading edge of innovation across disciplines, and does a good job of placing resources in the right spots. Great culture putting people first, and focused on growing their skills. Typically seeks seasoned talent from top consulting companies and within industry looking for a local job experience, as well as building capability and talent acquisition for their National practice for those willing to travel. This was my personal experience 5-6 years ago in my short stint with Slalom.
Pros
Leadership, innovation focus
Cons
bench strength and resource fit for role can sometimes be a challenge as in any consultancy, but was seldom the case in my experience
Best customer love around
Slalom has managed to hang onto their family-like culture despite rapid growth over the past 5 years. The company truly cares about their main asset - their people, and treat them with dignity and respect. The company is continuously refocusing and sharpening its vision, making it extremely efficient in solving customer problems. Best company I've worked for...
Excellent company with smart, humble people
Slalom lives its values - which I've never experience before working here. There are many opportunities to learn and grow - and then apply in the field.
Na
Overall a great place to work if you value work - life balance. The projects tend to be a top tier clients, but oftentimes at lower level/value than at more traditional Big 5 firms. They put a lot into culture, but not sure its as strong or cohesive to call out at a major factor. Great people overall.
no-travel consulting
Meets my requirements of no/low travel with a good company culture to back it up. Lots of changes to learn something new. You guide your faten by picking up technologies as needed. You can turn down projects if you feel you aren't a good fit.
Great work culture and a challenging environment
Slalom offers a challenging work environment. The people you work with are typically great and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Expect fast paced work with a very "get it done" mentality.
Contractual arrangement
Time defined contractual arrangements, in a role for technical knowledge and problem resolutions only. Not a permanent role. I moved on to Providence St. Joseph Health (Sisters of Providence) after this.
Slalom is a solid place to build your career
Slalom Chicago is exploding in growth. If you know and love technology, you will get a chance to learn there.

The only caveat:

If you do not have a strong local network of connections to sell into, though, I definitely do not recommend it.
It is a good company to work for but is an average company to work for if doing contract work with them.

The PA program is misleading that it promised stability but when a PA is sitting on bench for a month, they would let you go.
Fun work environment
The office environment is vibrant & fun, but most of the consulting engagements are boring. There's a lot of staff augmentation roles that the company tries to sell as "strategy" projects.
Responsive to your career goals
Managers worked to align roles with career goals. I appreciated the effort they put into keeping peopled engaged. Mentorship/development opportunities could be strengthened, but overall a solid company to work for.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slalom Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Slalom Consulting.