Sleep Inn Employee Reviews

Hard work, lack of employees to cover shifts, unreliable employees that would not make it in.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 19, 2019
I liked the fast pace, but not enuf hours, and if we were short handed there was a lot of work put on one employee depending on how many rooms had to be done. Average was 10-12 but you would get days where there's only 2 housekeepers you have 16-20 rooms to clean. They lacked in getting extra belp. Not good pay for as hard as we worked especially in summer.
Pros
Fast pace, be done in afternoon.
Cons
Not good pay and no benefits
Started out hopeful but was mislead
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVFebruary 14, 2019
When I got the job I was originally front desk but they moved me to night audit. They refused to pay a difference for working night shift and I had many health problems and was told I would not have to clean rooms but I was left with at least 9 rooms per night that I would have to clean because housekeeping would not do their job. Management always promised a raise for my good work but it never happened and they started pulling shady stuff with bringing drugs in so I quit immediately to get out of that environment
Pros
You could sit, health care was offered
Cons
No breaks
Nice place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCFebruary 13, 2019
Nice place to work for starters. Nice environment. Good management. Nice employees. Can be fast paced at times. Meeting & interacting with different people.
Fast Paced and productive workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 7, 2019
I enjoyed working here and was sad to leave. I had a flexible schedule, a strong cooperative team, and had a great Boss. It was close to home and the location was great.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short Breaks
Good place.
MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 6, 2019
My boss in maintenance was always very polite and he explained to me in detail each work to be done; He always trusted me. The head of housekeeper trusted in my work as a houseman and laundry, and she was always very respectful. The manager was very polite and thorough. If they would allow me, I would go back to working in that company with great pleasure.
Pros
Very burn I treat the staff, they give breakfast to the staff.
Cons
I don´t know.
Do not work here
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALFebruary 6, 2019
It is very bad management the boss will yell at you for stupid things like putting a direct bill into the autobahn mistake for not cleaning the bathroom right after Someone went in
Pros
There is no pros
Cons
There is no prosBoss shells and screams at you if you don’t do your job
busy job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 5, 2019
it is a small hotel but it has a good environment. this one also one kind of customer service job. management, workplace culture all are good. the hardest of this job i have to finish very quickly.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
No Longer Exists
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 3, 2019
This hotel was destroyed by the Tupelo, Mississippi tornado in 2014. The company's owners decided not to rebuild. The company did not offer any type of insurance nor any holiday pay.
Pros
Meeting people from all walks of life.
Cons
No benefits
Poorly managed, sexist environment
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allendale, MIJanuary 31, 2019
The Sleep Inns are individually owned so I can't speak for all of them, however, the one I work at is sexist and pays poorly. The management is cheap and consistently asks for people to come in on their days off. Everyone quits, do not recommend.
1 day
Maid/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Allendale, MIJanuary 28, 2019
One day was all I needed to determine how awful it was to work here. The owners were horrible. I get there and my trainer shows me what to do, the owners wife comes up and starts yelling about how things weren't cleaned "right" without even introducing herself to me, the only reading this hotel is even able to stay up and running is because it's the only hotel in town. So work here if you want to be treated like a nobody and with no respect.
good experience
Breakfast Host, Laundry, Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZJanuary 16, 2019
At the time of employment overall working at sleep inn was a good experience. Job ended when new management, new owners brought in there own employees.
Peoducrive
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 11, 2019
It was an excellent opportunity and experience to me to learn as a customer service representative, I had more opportunity to learn more about customer service.
Besides co workers-It was a nightmare working here
Front Desk Receptionist/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 11, 2019
I worked at the Sleep inn for sometime. At the time I was promised a raise within 60 days. was met with no raise even up until my departure. Also, some days were 18hr days due to slacking co workers. However, don't expect long days to show on your paycheck. The owner/manager has been known to cut checks and employees would regularly gather in meeting room after pay day and count hours and come up with "errors" When I brought up my personal issues with my pay checks not reflecting the correct hours worked I was told he/she would "get in trouble" for having me work longer hours so he/she cut them in half and put some on next pay period. This become an on going problem with starting to work sometimes 24hour shifts and having to sleep in the hotel (Only one person on shift for FD). He/she made a remark that they will be giving me a test run as manager and pay would go up. The only thing that increased was my stress level as I had to over compensate for lacking employees and maintaince was non existent and most times was overloaded with trying to repair hotel along with take in employee requests and guest demands. Again, for five months pay was not increased. I could go on but this is a basic summery. As far as the co worker they were some of the best I ever worked with (not including front desk) The head housekeeper truly gave it her all and all house keepers were kind and worked in a timely matter. It really felt like a team and I have yet to experience such a bond with co workers at any other locations I have worked. Ways of improvement would be for the owner to hire real management  more... so the load is taken off and he/she can focus on his/her business more.  less
Pros
Great co workers, reasonable leaves
Cons
Poor management
Buen ambiente de trabajo con desayuno gratis y mucho respeto.
Housekeeper, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 2, 2019
El trato hacía el personal es muy respetuoso y el trato entre compañeras amigable. Cumplidos en el pago y los horarios de días libres.
Pros
Seguro medico, pocas horas algunas semanas.
Cons
No hay tiempo para almorzar.
excellent place to grow
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, ILJanuary 2, 2019
one of my best experiences learned a lot from housekeeping to front desk. everyday i learned something new eve when i was a manager. even though the job was overwhelming sometimes, it was mostly bearable and flexible
Fun, Great Management, Easy
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oak Grove, KYJanuary 2, 2019
Fun place to work if you show up on time and are as productive as possible. You have a lot of freedom in your job. Management is very approachable and friendly!
Engergetic and well mantance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVDecember 31, 2018
My typical day at work would be come in clock in on time card grab your. Cart and start on your first assignment.Ive learn that it isnt easy like i thought it would be, Ive learn that thing are alot nicher when there takenn care off.The hardest part of thé job je making thé linen all fancy and neat. But thé most important part of thé job is that you get To meet new people try new things
Cons
Short breaks
Easy and Not Stressful
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 28, 2018
Working with Sleep Inn was a laid back type of employment with great price for personal hotel stays when going 30 miles away from place of employment. Easy to learn computer system for check ins and check outs. Not stressful at all except when customers all come to check in at the same time.
Pros
Discount hotel stays
Cons
No insurance
It's ok
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCDecember 26, 2018
The GM here is amazing, A great person to work with. Ownership is another story. We all need to be making more money for the cost of living. We are not kids out of High school, We all are Adults trying to make a living.
very nice place to work for
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCDecember 20, 2018
I have learned extra things in life that i didnt know before. Very nice environment. Management is very attentive. Getting to meet and greet with new people has to be one of the best experiences working here.