Play YouTube video button

Sleep Number Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sleep Number selected this as a representative review
Great atmosphere. Management is very personal and professional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 29, 2018
Sleep number is a great company for the customer Service driven individual. Fast paced and culturally diverse. Sleep number provides employees the opportunity to make things happen within the company
unorganised.
Home Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  alliance-FT.WorthFebruary 18, 2019
It was hard work,by carrying 150-250lbs all the time.mangement was allways hollarying at us,Could not deal with it professionally.his supervisor was allways checking on him using us.
Digital Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2019
This was a great company to work for. I learned a lot and had the privilege of being exposed to many different tools. The job itself was very demanding and you will be busy.
Productive and fun working environment
Sleep Professional (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21204February 13, 2019
Loved helping clients find perfect bed and accessories for them to get better sleep very Educational on sleep and sleeping habits.Working one on one with clients and getting to know them better
Decent place to work
Sleep Professional (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 7, 2019
Love my coworkers. We work well together. There is money to be made if you can thrive in a competitive sales environment. Working retail hours at the mall can be taxing.
February 13, 2019

Retail hours can be a challenge -- and they're definitely not for everyone. That's why we deeply appreciate our team members who work nights, weekends and holidays to take great care of our customers.

Replicated minions
Sleep associate (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 5, 2019
It's actually quite funny to see the lot of higher management and Salesforce management and us, Salesforce associates together. You get a true sense of the cliques, the backbiting, underhanded, petty jealousies, and the overall bunch of morons that the company is comprised of. The "culture" is to chase a dollar and "do as we say, or be on your way".
I've seen where there was a new product released that actually had a flaw that was known about from the corporate, and when questioned about it, as far as sound judgement and pushing it on customers, we were told to continue to push out the faulty bed, and to let corporate worry about it. Money mad mongrels.
Pros
Benefits, free will to quit, commissions, if you are in a high traffic location.
Cons
Management, management stealing sales from associates, nepotism, racism
OK as a start up company but no or you want to work for a long period of time
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 2, 2019
OK as a start up company but no or you want to work for a long period of time.Great for somebody just out of college but as a sales person your hands are tied behind your back
Pros
Great commission structure
Cons
Lack of management expertise, no protection for salesman
February 13, 2019

Sorry to hear you didn't feel like Sleep Number is a place to build a long-term career. That's not feedback we receive often so we'd like to hear more from you about your concerns. If you're willing, we'd appreciate you sending more details to: employerbrand@sleepnumber.com

Thanks!

Great pay, no work /life balance.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 28, 2019
You’ll work hard to get bonuses, however it depends on what store you work at as far as how often you’ll get a bonus. Expect to work more and see family and friends less.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No life outside of work
February 13, 2019

Appreciate you stopping by to share your feedback. We know retail hours can be challenging. But, we absolutely want our team members, including store managers, to have time off with friends and family. If you have concerns about not getting your days off, we strongly encourage you to talk with your district manager.

Bad training/ lack of knowledge
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJanuary 26, 2019
As customer service representative we we're not told we will be troubleshooting customer remotes and beds that we we're not really familiar with. Mangament seemed sweet professional upon hiring process, during training all your information you needed to learn was crammed in all together to quickly get you on the floor. It seems as if all they are worried about is bodies showing up and know skill of the job. Our first paychecks we're not deposited into our accounts correctly because management failed to put the payroll in correctly. It was told during training that if you didn't have direct deposit you will receive a paper check on the next business day of your pay which would be a Tuesday due to the company being in Minnesota and all the payroll is did there. Felt like we we're lied to about how this job really is. Workers that have been there are complaining as well and during training new hires we're quitting after they saw how things really we're.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks
Cut throat atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 18, 2019
Cut throat co workers. Poor manager was too busy doing his other job to be concerned with his sleep number duties. Hostile atmosphere.
Region manager oblivious to work conditions in his stores. As long as sales were coming in, who cares how employees are treated. Training was virtually non existent, very poorly structured.
Pros
Cons
Back stabbing coworkers. Poor store manager. Hostile work environment.
February 13, 2019

You raise some issues that are definitely concerning. If you haven't already, would you be willing to share more detail? You can do so confidentially by contacting our Business Abuse Hotline at 888-662-5025.

Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 11, 2019
Sleep Number is an overall good place to work. I was hired as a six sigma black belt, but through I would have the opportunity to utilize my lean skills more. I did not feel I was being leveraged according to my strength. But overall it is a good place to work.
February 13, 2019

So sorry you didn't feel like you had enough opportunities to use your skills but glad you still felt that Sleep Number is a good place to work overall. If it helps, we definitely value Lean and Six Sigma skills and are relying on people with that expertise as we evolve our supply chain. All the best.

Stressful every month you start over again
Store Manger (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 11, 2019
I,am not saying it is bad place to work at but it will be stressful you always are asked to do more bigger budgets ,more Kpi and every month it starts over. There is no questions about your role in the company and how you work with into the plan. they train well but you have to do it there way the know the best way and you will do it that way which it works but do not push back just understand .
Pros
Wage and Healthcare
Cons
life balance
February 13, 2019

Monthly sales goals are definitely part of our sales roles...as they are for most companies. Some people are incredibly motivated by that clean slate each month and for others, it's less comfortable.

Your other feedback sounds like you have ideas you'd like to share about how to do things. Yes, we have our processes...but, we're also open to hearing from our sales leaders. Please share your ideas with your district manager -- he or she will want to know.

Okay Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 7, 2019
I can't say much about current culture at Select Comfort, as I haven't worked for them in almost a decade, but I was there during a period of heavy growth and at that time, they were being looked at as a Top 100 Employer.
February 13, 2019

Appreciate that even after a decade you took the time to share your feedback about working here. Hope you're doing well.

Great Company with Quality products
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 7, 2019
This is a large company with a Team Building. I was a strong Sales Associate and had the opportunity to open new stores and train new staff along with organizing Home shows.
Was ok while it lasted
TEMP LABORER (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 4, 2019
Enjoyed the work, was there 6 mos but wasn't told I wouldn't be moving along with the company when the position left town until two weeks prior, and right before Christmas. With three kids and being a single father, that was a huge blow.
Pros
Travel, interacting with some great customers.
Cons
Micromanagement
Easy money
Sales professional (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 3, 2019
Easy money but no job security or work life balance.Worked yrs without vacation due to fear of missing goal and losing job.Terminated while being in top 20% of sales force..
Pros
Big comission, benefits
Cons
No time off, no security.
February 13, 2019

You raise some concerns that are hard to address in this forum. If you feel you were denied the ability to take your paid time off or terminated unfairly, please contact our confidential Business Abuse Hotline at (888) 662-5025 to provide more detail.

Back Stabbing Work Environment
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 2, 2019
This was a great company to work at during the first 10 years of its existence. After that, new management took over and the whole culture went from a collaborative environment to a back stabbing dog eat dog environment.
"Up" system blatantly un fair and no amount of "corporate Speak" can justify it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 1, 2019
If I and one other associate sit in a store for 8 hours together and the other person is up when the 2 people a day show up they get both sales and I get nothing!!
Cons
Up system
Not a good place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 21, 2018
the work is rough, gross conditions for the most part. forced to touch peoples old disgusting mattresses and box springs. which most of the time are covered in absolute nastiness and you have to drag it out of the dwelling and then you are expected to throw it into the back of a truck with no lift gate on it. they seem to be one of the only furniture delivery companies that don't equip their trucks with lift gates forcing you to have to lift improperly constantly. you will honestly on average deliver thousands of pounds of product every day as well as removing all of the disgusting mattresses that are trashed. the pay is not worth the work load. the management is a joke literally the worst most immature person they could have found to run the show. turn over rate is extremely high i cannot count how many people I've seen come and go. long story short they don't treat their delivery techs with any respect but demand the world from them. don't work here if you want a fulfilling job where you feel appreciated.
Pros
Cons
most of the job and the management
Amazing
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 12, 2018
Sleep number is an amazing place to work. The bosses care for you and take care of you they make sure you have everything here to thrive and they don’t give up as well
not a good place to work for unless you want to feel like a robot
Delivery Tech (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 11, 2018
home delivery side has long hours. if all you care about is money, have a lot of muscle, and don't care about having a social life, this is the job for you. company isn't really responsive to the individual guy doing things, and you're kind of on your own a lot of the time if you want to see something changed. you bust your back doing a lot of hard work, and get basically zero recognition for it aside from some 'thank you' emails once in a while. plus side is that it's near impossible to get fired, just don't commit a crime and you pretty much have a job for life.

If you work sales, I've heard it's pretty nasty. Slow month means entire teams get fired and new people hired in. not a great company to work for.
Pros
bonus check based on performance every few months, busy season means a lot of overtime and big checks
Cons
busy seasons you have basically no free time with up to 11-12 hour days, heavy lifting, can work with a lot of temp workers, slow season you might at best get 30 hours a week, pay is usually bad for the work you do, benefits are kind of a joke

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sleep Number. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss