Sleep Number Employee Reviews

Not a good job at all
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2018
Long days short weeks. Not enough pay. Removing bloody urine filled mattresses. Billion dollar company no real management skills or logistics set up. They refuse to put money into the delivery aspect and no one knows anything about running a delivery business here. This job will drive you nuts. High class customers who are told by sales that you as a delivery person will do anything they want you to do. Second worst company I’ve ever worked at
Pros
No supervision
Cons
No supervision
Great team environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 10, 2018
The majority of employees I met within the district were pleasant and had good work ethic. There is a great team oriented attitude that stems from the management and continues through the company.
Desktop Support Contractor at Select Comfort
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 10, 2018
Select comfort has very functional IT infrastructure management. They use KACE and it makes the job much easier. Asset management is good and the data in the system is very reliable. The downtown location is a pain for parking but the interior is wonderful and the free expresso is a nice perk.
Pros
Expresso, good IT systems
Cons
Downtown location
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CTApril 9, 2018
Fun place to work and meet good people. Help them sleep better and live better lives. I truly enjoyed my time there. I did well but my back injury led to my demise.
Pros
Discounts on bedding
Cons
n/a
A place where it's supposed to be fun, but not.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSApril 9, 2018
Sleep Number is a great innovative company, but lacks the right type of leadership. Hiring is based on who the executives know and like. Managers are told to act as if they are business owners but are micro managed and not allowed to hire, nor fire their own personnel.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
micro managed, walk on egg shells
nice!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 8, 2018
Loved working here, the environment was great. i really liked working here. the environment was relaxed and peaceful. i like helping customers and good customer service.
peaceful place to be
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pinole, CAApril 5, 2018
lots of calls management is very understanding Sale great product changing a lot of lives. hard part you are alone most of the time gets really slow.
Pros
no micromangament
Cons
to slow
Great environment for a self-starter
Sleep Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2018
At Sleep Number I learned a lot about setting sales goals and reaching them. I had great tools and management that pushed me to be better and reach my goals 95% of the time. The workplace culture was very team-oriented and promoted a hard but enjoyable atmosphere.
Pros
Reaching sales goals
Cons
Long hours that went into late night
Great Opportunity
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 2, 2018
Great opportunity and the money was amazing. Great sales training and on boarding at the time. Not very stressful environment. Compensation was amazing.
Home deliver Tech
Ventas (Former Employee) –  DallasApril 1, 2018
The job was ok but the HR does not help employees.
Productive good team
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 28, 2018
Very nice culture, dress code is flexible, had good coworkers that would help you out if you were in a need to cover or help with a sale. Management was flexible
poor management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 10, 2018
Bad management, poor customer service, not a good company to work for if you have a family. They will run u ragged and then not help u when its needed. They change the rules on a daily.
March 21, 2018

The Home Delivery role does involve working nights and Saturdays; however, based on team member feedback, we recently implemented an advanced scheduling procedure to help our team members with the balance they need in their lives. We realize every team member’s situation is different so we are sorry you did not feel supported.

Another recent change we made for the Home Delivery team is a new site that provides the up to date information the team asked for to help them do their jobs. We’ll continue to develop this site based on team member feedback.

All the best -- Kellie

productive and fun work place very flexible!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MnMarch 9, 2018
The work week is very relaxing , may be time where you get a bad call but nothing besides that. Working ith sleep number i learned a lot about proper sleep and how it goes hand and hand with your health and attention ,while my people and soft skills grew i became more adept at multitasking and trouble shooting issues. Management was always supportive and not picky about which issues needed support. the hardest part about the position was getting a call right before you leave work, most enjoyable part about the job was being able to help so many different individuals sleep better and have a better day/night!
Pros
cafeteria/culture
Cons
breaks sometimes too short
March 12, 2018

Thanks for stopping by to share your review -- glad you had a good Sleep Number experience. We agree -- it's very rewarding to help people get a better night's sleep...and that's what it's all about! -- Kellie

Great company to work for. Difficult with kids at home, especially with medical issues.
Sleep Professional (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 1, 2018
Love the job. Just running into work/home issues. With having a sick kid at home, not easy to move hours around and not mess up another employees schedule.
March 5, 2018

We want you to know we hear you. Because we have smaller store teams that are all full-time, it can create challenges for taking time off without notice – especially in our three-person stores. This is an area we’re working on and we appreciate that you’re so considerate of your fellow team members. Thank you. -- Kellie

Overall good culture
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 23, 2018
While I have only been with the company less than a year, my expectations for pay was much higher than reality. The salary plus commission was targeted higher then what is being paid. To reach the targeted expectation the dept has to hit goal while you exceed goal to get a bonus. As an individual player I understand my goals have to be exceeded to win but even at that rate I would still not hit my targeted salary posted in the recruitment advertising. There need to be real expectation or an overhaul on the commission structure to be more appealing for me to stay. I adore those I work with and would love to stay but, unless this piece changes so will my employer.
Pros
Culture, friendship, benefits, family environment and fun
Cons
Pay, commission structure and bonus payouts
Sleep Number
Sleep Professional (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 15, 2018
Not a bad place to work, just not the best culture either. I liked the people that came in to look at the beds, it was fun to really help people to make a good decision and sleep better.
March 5, 2018

Glad to hear you enjoyed working with customers and helping them get a better night's sleep. If you're willing to share more about why you didn't think the culture was good, we'd love to hear from you. Just send an email to employerbrand@sleepnumber.com to get the conversation started. -- Kellie

Very unpleasant work place.
Sleep Expert (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2018
I worked very hard to do a job that I've done for 10+ year's and it was never good enough. They claim we are a team but they don't have your back at all or help you. They all only care about themselves and not they're team. They give more opportunities to they're management then they're own sale's force. We always got in trouble when we would go above and beyond for our customer's. We had an unobtainable goal that we could never achieve. We were promised things that never came true. We were never awarded when we did great things. It was a very unpleasant experience but I really tried to make it work, but they didn't care.
Pros
I had more time with family!
Cons
Management had more time in the store with more opportunities to take customers.
March 5, 2018

I’m sorry you left without feeling good about your Sleep Number experience. Several of the issues you raise are hard to address here without more information. But, I do want to assure you that we are 100% focused on the customer experience and doing what is best for the customer. – Kellie

Great Company
District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2018
It was a pleasure to work for a company that valued your ability and talent. Company was open to ideas that would make the company better and customers more satisfied.
Pros
Not a stressful job at all
Cons
A lot of dead time in the store
February 8, 2018

Thanks for sharing your Sleep Number experience. So glad you felt valued for your talents and abilities -- that's definitely how we want each and every team member to feel. All the best. -- Kellie

Fun People to work with
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 5, 2018
work can be stressful not because of customers or the work being difficult but because problems in the system are not properly maintained and cause more work for their employees. the pay could be better but this is a fantastic place to work because the other employees are amazing people.
Pros
people
Cons
system issues
March 5, 2018

If you have specific feedback about the systems you're using, please share them with your leader -- we definitely want to know! Glad you're enjoying your team -- we really do have a great group of people at Sleep Number! -- Kellie

Very poor pay , very controlling. They demand you say thier product is good
Supervisor & Manager (Former Employee) –  UTFebruary 3, 2018
Very very poor pay. Always pinching dollars and behind on bills. Try to brain wash you that your a family and state their stupid sleep number setting. Really cheep bed but they don't want to hear it. Nice people to work with but they are helpless to fix anything.. They beg people to work there. Really abuse temps. Very cheap company.
Pros
Cant get fired their desprate
Cons
You work for free
February 12, 2018

Your review is definitely disappointing. I talked with the HR contact at the Salt Lake City manufacturing plant and was assured that everyone who works there is treated with professionalism and respect…and that they don’t distinguish among temporary or full-time team members. In addition, they continually look at their pay rates to ensure Sleep Number is competitive with the Salt Lake City market.

You mention that people in the plant are helpless to fix anything. Actually, both of our plants have a continuous improvement program that allows for real-time changes – and, it has heavy participation from our team members who work on the manufacturing floor (the program is called the Sleep Number Innovation Program, or SNIP). Recently, some of these improvements were featured companywide in an article on our intranet.

Sorry you left with a bad feeling about the company. If you want to share more about your experience, we’d be happy to talk with you. Just send an email to employerbrand@sleepnumber.com to get the conversation started. -- Kellie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sleep Number. Our community is ready to answer.