Sleepy's Employee Reviews

Productive because there are training classes to become a sales person,
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2019
A typical day at work for me was to conferred with customers by telephone or in person.

I learned how to sale their products.

Management was good,

The workplace culture was good,

The hardest part of the job was having to learn and memorize all the products,

The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting all customers and celebrities, That entered the showroom.
Pros
It was a very good experience for me to work as a sales assistant.
Cons
I was a sales assistant not a sales professional (sales person).
I guess it 2as fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2019
Interesting place to work. Some days good, some not good. Long hours no visible security. Often alone in showrooms. Sometimes scary. Not worth damaging your health
Retail Driven
AST. MANAGER FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & WARRANTY DEPT (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 12, 2019
Sleepy's provided an atmosphere where i was able to display my skills. Because they leadership roles of executives changed often, opportunities were missed for further development.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
leadership roles changed frequently
Transportation Support Specialist
Transportation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 12, 2019
Scheduled freight pickups at vendor facility with designated Sleepy’s delivery carriers. Assisted with the preparation of bid requests to carriers for various traffic lanes. Tracked shipments ensure on time pickups and delivery. Worked with service provider to resolve customers’ issues.
it was ok
wharehose worker (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 7, 2019
management sucked they was mean and had no respect for there workers supervisors was always in completion with each other the job was ok work did get done I work in different departartments of the wharehouse
Pros
half hour lunch break
Cons
10min breaks
Great benefits, Great Management, Fun environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJDecember 31, 2018
Loved working for Sleepy's Corp, unfortunately they sold out to Mattress Firm and my position was eliminated. Management was great, and everyone I worked with was also incredible.
Pros
Fun Environment, Great Management
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Poor management, lack of a steady hand at the tiller.
Store Manager/Salesman (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 2, 2018
The company constantly has meetings every month to go over the same processes over and over. Then they try the old and stale processes that have never worked and never will. The company never pays for anything, If delivery makes a mistake the salesperson pays for it. If inventory/ operations makes a mistake the salesman pays for it. You make your own paycheck and if any problems arise from anywhere the salesperson pays for it
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Too many hours, too many required meetings were management tries to reinvent the wheel.
Plan to retire from Sleepy,s
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2018
My plan was to retire from Sleepy,s,however the company was purchased and my position was changed and I decided to retire.I do not like being retired.
Too bad they sold out to Mattress Firm
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJOctober 20, 2018
Awesome career a lot of folks had, the pay for associates was great and people treated as a career not a job.
Benefits were decent, executive team was ok, no issues
Pros
Family owned
Cons
Too many stores on top of stores
Good work culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILOctober 10, 2018
The management at Sleepys was good and I have no complaints. I was sorry to see Sleepys purchased by Mattress Firm since I believe that Sleepys was a better managed company.
Pros
Good culture
Sleepy's
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 2, 2018
Company was purchased by Mattress Firm in February 2016. Companies do operate differently as is expected when companies change hands. Sleepy's had a fuller range of merchandise that catered to more price points.
High stress level
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Sleepy's has been acquired by Mattress Firm. Not sure of the changes that have been made since the acquisition. Being on time was strictly enforced. Call volume was consistent but not overwhelming,.
Pros
Discount on purchases
Cons
Stressful work environment
Fun atmosphere. Talking to drivers to make sure deliveries got to the customer on time.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 27, 2018
Spoke to customers and fixed any problems they had. Gave customers the time window the driver would be there. Very fun place to work at. Drivers were nice and polite.
Pros
Relaxed but very busy
Cons
Wish I could’ve been full time
Was great at the beginning
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 27, 2018
Was fun and made a lot of money selling mattresses in the beginning. Advanced quickly and was highly competent at my job. Decreased pay, decresed bonus, increased hours each year I was a district manager.
good place to work but it has changed
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 24, 2018
with the acquisition by mattress firm the culture has become a bit more stressful that had been prior the call volume is and techniques are more on secure sales than resolving customer issues it seems.
They may have grown too fast.
Pros
Good mannagement and relax professional workplace.
Cons
stressful even for call center now many have given up pride in thier work they used to love.
Very little growth potential - tentative at making decisions
Area Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJAugust 8, 2018
Sleepy's was bought out by Mattress Firm. Training was never viewed as an important and integral part of their success. They eliminated all but the very basic new hire training (closing several training facilities leaving only one for the entire company) twice in my tenure.
Comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 31, 2018
There is an overload of work, followup work is impossible. Not enough staff to complete assignments. system issues all the time. management is not in tune with reps. they party and do not provide or make suggestion or want feedback
Benefits
Cons
management do not care
not a great work environment
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2018
not a great place to work if you have a family. the work life balance is horrible . good for a kid staring out . but the same dan be said about retail sales in general
No life outside of work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDJuly 23, 2018
I worked on nightshift 230 p.m. until you are finished. It was supposed to be 11p.m. Not properly trained then told I have to work 6 days a week or I will be wrote up. No consideration of the labor that you put in every night. Plus having to stay late during the 6 day work week. There are no opportunities for advancement. No weekends off, only 2,maybe 3 paid holidays. And if your not scheduled to work that paid holiday you wont get paid. Really cheap pay for employees considering the labor and how much $$ is really made. No appreciation for individual work. And no life outside of mattress firm because your sleeping on the 2 weekdays you have off.
Pros
Monthly lunches
Cons
No appreciation for employees
Sleepys
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NY 11801July 20, 2018
The company has changed ownership since I worked there. There for there is not a lot of information about the current company I can give. When I was there they had excellent training and quick delivery for customers.
Pros
Good commission even if not paid until beds were delivered
Cons
Commission vs draw