Slidell Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great learning experience!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cardiac RehabilitationApril 5, 2019
Great interaction with patients and team work! I learned a lot watching other employees encourage patients to better their health. Overall, it was a great internship!
High Turnover
Emergency Room Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAApril 3, 2019
Management is very poor, High Turnover Rate and all around a horrible place to work. No room for advancing unless you know a lot of Management. Low pay grade for all staff.
Benefits
Cons
No time for family or children, overworked daily, high turnover
Not a fun place to work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 13, 2019
I literally dreaded going to work everyday. Everyone was so serious all the time, no sense of humor, stressed out, and the pay was terrible. We only got 30 minutes for lunch and leaving the premises was highly discouraged. Maybe it's better in other departments, but that particular department sucked.
petty
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAFebruary 13, 2019
I liked it at first, but then the gossip started, then favoritism. It is okay as a job, but not a career. Supervisors and managers are rarely on the same page. Very little communication.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
gossip, pettiness.
No place for African Americans to work or be a patient!
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 7, 2019
PERIOD! Black people are not treated fair as either a patient or an employee. They obviously do not want black people working there and if they do... your pay is nothing you can live off of.
Pros
Cons
Everything for African Americans!
The pay was good but too much gossiping
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 3, 2019
No complaints about the work and pay but the coworkers were very messy and it was just too much gossip going on. From what I remember the management was pretty good.
Pros
pay, free lunch
Cons
co workers
Its a job
Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 14, 2018
The hospital is overtly budget driven, often leaving nurses over worked and under-paid. This environment leaves many opportunity for unsafe environments. There is a good group of strong nurses currently there but seem to be transitioning out due to loss of pay secondary to the aforementioned budget.
Pros
good nurses to work with
Cons
Low pay/low benefits/high patient to nurse ratio
I loved working for this organization
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 14, 2018
Slidell Memorial Hospital was one of the finest healthcare facilities I have ever worked for. This company takes great care of its employees as well as its clients.
Productive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 11, 2018
I learned so much working at Slidell Memorial it is a very productive work environment. I applaud the effort of management in this facility. I would recommend to anyone.
Excellent job
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 19, 2018
The working conditions were very suitable and flexible for my lifestyle. I enjoyed working on a collaborative team. we offered a great diet program that helped many patients loose weight.
Pros
fun fast paced
Cons
unhealthy patients
SMH stands for Shaking My Head
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 12, 2018
Let's just say it's a experience you would have to experience for yourself. I can list so many wrong factors about this hospital starting from management on down but out of all departments, I must say Cardiology is a living nightmare!!! When the director and charge nurses don't have a clue then you know that you're at the wrong workplace .
Pros
Cons
Where do I begin!!
Staff is great
CARDIOLOGY NURSE (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 4, 2018
Working on the units the staff of nurses and techs you work with are great. However, management could use a lesson in taking care of their employees and not forcing them out of the door. It's always short staffed (of course, like most other hospitals) but instead of trying to appreciate the employees that are giving 110%, they nit pick and find things to force employees out the door anyway. The precepting is a joke, if your lucky enough to get one preceptor then you might have a chance to complete your 30 day packet. Usually they hop you from preceptor to preceptor. There is no preceptor training or qualification either, which is rather unfortunate for new hires. There's no telling what you'll end up with for your 6-8 weeks of training.
Great Place to work!!
Echocardiographer (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAOctober 23, 2018
I loved working for Slidell Memorial Hospital. The physicians are excellent. They have amazing cardiologist! The Heart Center is amazing with fantastic people who work there.
It was a fun caring place to work
Registered Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  slidell memorialSeptember 4, 2018
Go in do my daily job duties. the workplace was a wide diversity. the management was well done. the job was not hard at all. I enjoyed working with the patients.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Used to be great
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 1, 2018
Loved working at SMH but the Ochsner partnership put the hospital into a slow decline and now it seems to be spiraling out of control. Not enough staff, very slow response from HR in getting new employees onboard. It's sad.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Pay is low
fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 19, 2018
Slidell memorial hospital is a great place to work they strive for the best care for the patients and families. slidell memorial is a clean and comfortable place.
Excellent place to work. Family environment!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 17, 2018
Felt welcome from the beginning. Great people to work with. Always smiling faces. Very positive environment. I enjoy coming to work everyday. Highly recommend.
Awesome place to work !
Director (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 17, 2018
Family oriented
Nurses are well represented
Great flexibility in schedule
Cardiac service is well represented
Good Communication between each department
Cons
Compensation differences between soutshore
Awesome place to work !
Director (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 17, 2018
Family oriented
Nurses are well represented
Great flexibility in schedule
Cardiac service is well represented
Good Communication between each department
Cons
Compensation differences between soutshore
It's like working with family
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 17, 2018
The fact that you work with the same people helps develop a family atmosphere where coworkers support each other. The ancillary support helps you do your job with less headaches. You can devote more time to your patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slidell Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Slidell Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location