Slidell Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews for Phlebotomist

Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 19, 2019
I enjoy working at the hospital. Everyone is very nice here. I wish their was raises after 90 days and yearly. Other then that this is a great place to work.
Just don’t do it
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 8, 2019
I was a phlebotomists, I was considered as needed but I worked 13 and half hour shifts everyday maybe one day off but on my days off my boss always asked me to come in . I was hired right of school along with another girl right out of school they gave her 15 and hour and me 12.00 an hour ... no idea with no benefits my supervisor was most unprofessional boss I’ve ever had ever . I was even lied to by my boss . My boss had favorites she would even talk about you with her favorites . Working for Slidell memorial was the most dark time in my life . I’m only writing this so that other people know what there getting when they go there . The actually phlebotomists that work there are down to earth people the emergency room there is the best place to work otherwise don’t even bother . If you work there say goodbye to life say goodbye to everything . The supervisor of the lab it’s self , knows all the bad going on and does nothing . They can not keep phlebotomists they leave every other week . The supervisor of phlebotomists should simply stop .
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME PEOPLE .
Pros
The emergency room Employees
Cons
That list is to long
Unorganized
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 15, 2018
unorganized, peeps are unreliable, management has other things on their minds, find a click, there is many, thinking your going to move up...wrong ER staff is great.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Too many to mention
Poor workplace
Slidell - Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 7, 2017
I would not recommend this job to a friend. Poor management, Per Diem employees do not receive raises, no matter how long you are there. Overall negative , cut-throat environment.
Good work environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 30, 2015
lots of moving, good exercise. nice to be able to make a patient smile even though I was sticking a needle in their arm. the pleasure of interacting with so many people/patients daily.
Pros
controlled environment
Cons
on feet all day
Good Job Experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAOctober 6, 2013
Slidell Memorial was my very first job in healthcare. It was a great experience. I learned a lot, perfected my skill, gained more knowledge in my field, and everyone was great to work with including management. The only draw back was the wage was kind of low, at the time, and raise percentages were also pretty low. Otherwise, it was a good place to work and I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Nice Place To Work
Cons
Low Wages
Very nice place to work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 18, 2013
It is a very clean place and a busy hospital. I enjoy working there it was the best thing that ever happen to me. I was given a chance to work there. Since I have been certified National.
Great job for a stepping stone
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 11, 2013
worked at this facility for 4 years as a phlebotomist. It was a great opportunity to learn and discover whether or not I truly wanted to become an RN.