Slidell Memorial Hospital Culture reviews

Productive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 11, 2018
I learned so much working at Slidell Memorial it is a very productive work environment. I applaud the effort of management in this facility. I would recommend to anyone.
Great Place to work!!
Echocardiographer (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAOctober 23, 2018
I loved working for Slidell Memorial Hospital. The physicians are excellent. They have amazing cardiologist! The Heart Center is amazing with fantastic people who work there.
It was a fun caring place to work
Registered Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  slidell memorialSeptember 4, 2018
Go in do my daily job duties. the workplace was a wide diversity. the management was well done. the job was not hard at all. I enjoyed working with the patients.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
It's like working with family
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 17, 2018
The fact that you work with the same people helps develop a family atmosphere where coworkers support each other. The ancillary support helps you do your job with less headaches. You can devote more time to your patients.
Love smh!
Communications (Current Employee) –  Slidell Memorial HospitalAugust 17, 2018
I've been working at SMH for 9 years now, and I still love my job. The healthcare industry changes constantly, but we're always able to roll with the punches. My job is flexible, and I am able to work with every single department here. I enjoy the family-like culture, and that SMH is definitely an integral part of our community.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare industry is volatile, so job security isn't the highest
Productive Work Environment
Medical Social Worker PRN (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 3, 2018
Great place to work. Relaxed environment. Would recommend Slidell Memorial Hospital to others. Wonderful manager and coworkers. Able to be productive.
best place work
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 1, 2018
it was the best place ive ever work I cant say anything bad about it everything was great about it. the people and workers were friendly and happy and helpful
Pros
everything
Cons
pay
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 14, 2018
I worked at this hospital for many years. The pay is great compared to other hospitals and states. Great benefits and the co worker were amazing. Overall I loved this job.
great place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 27, 2018
all new pharmacy great place to work fun coworkers good management challenging work environment lots of variety enjoyable job serving customers and nursing staff
Productive and fun workplace.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 10, 2017
I have never been to a job where i have gotten along with all my team members. I really love and enjoy what I do. Interacting with the patients helps the day go by quickly as well as the fast paced work I do everyday.
many changes in the day to day operations,
Supervisor of Cardio-Pulmonary Rehab (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 17, 2017
The day to day work in my unit was positive, good staff well trained and valued by their direct supervisor(myself) , a typical day of work consisted of 8-9 hour day , managing over 100 patients , insurance policies, family members , physician involvement . good atmosphere in the unit, but the nature of the hospital started to change , management becoming less visible and less flexible. the culture of the hospital was becoming more big business like and less small town family hospital that had made us so popular . The most enjoyable part of my day was helping the patients through difficult situations and seeing them improve their health status and get back to full productive lives
Poor workplace
Slidell - Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 7, 2017
I would not recommend this job to a friend. Poor management, Per Diem employees do not receive raises, no matter how long you are there. Overall negative , cut-throat environment.
flexible schedules
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 21, 2017
fast paced environment, friendly co workers
competitive pay and benefits
parking not allowed on campus so getting to the campus can be frustrating especially in weather
my first best job that taught me alot
Medical Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAApril 22, 2016
I made the best out of my day at work. I think I have learn the most ever from this job. I have learned how to do so many things ( I was the one that filled in for people who was out ) My first boss was the same boss that hired me at my job know. After she left my other boss was also a great boss. My co workers were like family to me. the most enjoyable part was that I had a great work family.
Great place for motivated workers
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAFebruary 24, 2016
I worked there for a little less than a year and I enjoyed the people and the community I worked for. My coworkers were wonderful to work with as well as my superiors, I enjoyed the challenges and the knowledge they gave us.
great place to work
Nursing Assitant (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 18, 2016
Great environment with amazing co-workers. Always enjoyed going to work, knowing I had an amazing team surrounding me.
love them
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 2, 2015
I love them they are wonderful expecially the staff we all work together to make it a better place to be. they are kin loving and shows respect to all employees. everyone cares about everyone,
Pros
everything
Always somebody to help
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Slidell laApril 20, 2015
My typical work day consists of helping others. Making them better in the ill state and seeing the progress of them getting better.
Family atmosphere
Clinical Director of Women and Children Services (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 18, 2015
SMH is a wonderful place to work. Healthcare is going through many changes and in turn, so is SMH.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Healthcare changes
Wonderful Place to work
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 7, 2014
Work for probably one of the best bosses I've ever worked for in my career. The organization has committed employees and strong leadership. Great place to work
Pros
Pay was competitive, Worked for a great boss who was tremendously passionate about the mission and set a great example.
Cons
No real staff development or leadership programs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slidell Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Slidell Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location