Slidell Memorial Hospital Management reviews

Great Hospital to work for.
Help Desk Tech/System Operations (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 22, 2019
Workplace environment was very stressful but productive. Management wasn't always given to fairly. Great team environment within our department and group of people.
Just don’t do it
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 8, 2019
I was a phlebotomists, I was considered as needed but I worked 13 and half hour shifts everyday maybe one day off but on my days off my boss always asked me to come in . I was hired right of school along with another girl right out of school they gave her 15 and hour and me 12.00 an hour ... no idea with no benefits my supervisor was most unprofessional boss I’ve ever had ever . I was even lied to by my boss . My boss had favorites she would even talk about you with her favorites . Working for Slidell memorial was the most dark time in my life . I’m only writing this so that other people know what there getting when they go there . The actually phlebotomists that work there are down to earth people the emergency room there is the best place to work otherwise don’t even bother . If you work there say goodbye to life say goodbye to everything . The supervisor of the lab it’s self , knows all the bad going on and does nothing . They can not keep phlebotomists they leave every other week . The supervisor of phlebotomists should simply stop .
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME PEOPLE .
Pros
The emergency room Employees
Cons
That list is to long
Productive and fun workplace
RN-Case (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 15, 2019
Worked 10 years for Slidell Memorial; Enjoyed working in the Case Management Department.. Great work environment and culture, including great managers.
High Turnover
Emergency Room Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAApril 3, 2019
Management is very poor, High Turnover Rate and all around a horrible place to work. No room for advancing unless you know a lot of Management. Low pay grade for all staff.
Benefits
Cons
No time for family or children, overworked daily, high turnover
Not a fun place to work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 13, 2019
I literally dreaded going to work everyday. Everyone was so serious all the time, no sense of humor, stressed out, and the pay was terrible. We only got 30 minutes for lunch and leaving the premises was highly discouraged. Maybe it's better in other departments, but that particular department sucked.
petty
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAFebruary 13, 2019
I liked it at first, but then the gossip started, then favoritism. It is okay as a job, but not a career. Supervisors and managers are rarely on the same page. Very little communication.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
gossip, pettiness.
No place for African Americans to work or be a patient!
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 7, 2019
PERIOD! Black people are not treated fair as either a patient or an employee. They obviously do not want black people working there and if they do... your pay is nothing you can live off of.
Pros
Cons
Everything for African Americans!
The pay was good but too much gossiping
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 3, 2019
No complaints about the work and pay but the coworkers were very messy and it was just too much gossip going on. From what I remember the management was pretty good.
Pros
pay, free lunch
Cons
co workers
Its a job
Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 14, 2018
The hospital is overtly budget driven, often leaving nurses over worked and under-paid. This environment leaves many opportunity for unsafe environments. There is a good group of strong nurses currently there but seem to be transitioning out due to loss of pay secondary to the aforementioned budget.
Pros
good nurses to work with
Cons
Low pay/low benefits/high patient to nurse ratio
Productive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 11, 2018
I learned so much working at Slidell Memorial it is a very productive work environment. I applaud the effort of management in this facility. I would recommend to anyone.
SMH stands for Shaking My Head
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 12, 2018
Let's just say it's a experience you would have to experience for yourself. I can list so many wrong factors about this hospital starting from management on down but out of all departments, I must say Cardiology is a living nightmare!!! When the director and charge nurses don't have a clue then you know that you're at the wrong workplace .
Pros
Cons
Where do I begin!!
Staff is great
CARDIOLOGY NURSE (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 4, 2018
Working on the units the staff of nurses and techs you work with are great. However, management could use a lesson in taking care of their employees and not forcing them out of the door. It's always short staffed (of course, like most other hospitals) but instead of trying to appreciate the employees that are giving 110%, they nit pick and find things to force employees out the door anyway. The precepting is a joke, if your lucky enough to get one preceptor then you might have a chance to complete your 30 day packet. Usually they hop you from preceptor to preceptor. There is no preceptor training or qualification either, which is rather unfortunate for new hires. There's no telling what you'll end up with for your 6-8 weeks of training.
It was a fun caring place to work
Registered Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  slidell memorialSeptember 4, 2018
Go in do my daily job duties. the workplace was a wide diversity. the management was well done. the job was not hard at all. I enjoyed working with the patients.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Used to be great
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 1, 2018
Loved working at SMH but the Ochsner partnership put the hospital into a slow decline and now it seems to be spiraling out of control. Not enough staff, very slow response from HR in getting new employees onboard. It's sad.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Pay is low
Great culture
Business (Current Employee) –  SlidellAugust 17, 2018
Ive been here a total of 2 years. Ive seen great support from senior mgmt an direct supervisors. Ive had the oppertunity to move up in the company and can see myself here longterm.
Pros
Cons
Pay raises
Unorganized
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 15, 2018
unorganized, peeps are unreliable, management has other things on their minds, find a click, there is many, thinking your going to move up...wrong ER staff is great.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Too many to mention
Not well run
Business Office Director (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 20, 2018
Poor management lead increased turnover. Not financially sound at time I was there. Enjoyed co-workers who tried to do their jobs, but training was poor for them to be as successful they could have been.
Benefits
great place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 27, 2018
all new pharmacy great place to work fun coworkers good management challenging work environment lots of variety enjoyable job serving customers and nursing staff
No support from upper management.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 20, 2017
No support from upper management. Favoritism shown to upper management friends. Lack of team work. Negative attitudes towards lower level employees. To much back bitting.
Cons
No lunch breaks at times due to being short staffed.
many changes in the day to day operations,
Supervisor of Cardio-Pulmonary Rehab (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 17, 2017
The day to day work in my unit was positive, good staff well trained and valued by their direct supervisor(myself) , a typical day of work consisted of 8-9 hour day , managing over 100 patients , insurance policies, family members , physician involvement . good atmosphere in the unit, but the nature of the hospital started to change , management becoming less visible and less flexible. the culture of the hospital was becoming more big business like and less small town family hospital that had made us so popular . The most enjoyable part of my day was helping the patients through difficult situations and seeing them improve their health status and get back to full productive lives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slidell Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Slidell Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location