Slim Chickens Employee Reviews

Poor.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYAugust 9, 2018
Very poor management. They aren't really concerned about there employees but about what money is coming there way. Very poor judgement. I would not advise anyone to apply here. They work you without thirties and give you maybe 1 or 2 smoke breaks. The managers are rude and have little or no concern about there employees. Honestly I don't even care that they let me go because who wants to work for some one who doesn't even honestly care about you or even be concerned about you . not me .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management, low salary, lack of communication.
Dissatisfied
Fry Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILAugust 7, 2018
As a Previous Employee Of Slim Chickens, I personally do not agree with the Internal Management Structure, Nor The Grievance Process. Managers Do as they wish Freely with no regard for the thoughts, feelings, nor well-being of Their Employees. They Do, However, Have Some Good Chicken, and did make a Few Minuscule Alterations Once Realizing How Detail Oriented I was, and that I wasn't going to allow certain things to continue the way they were upon My Induction to the Team.
Pros
Discounts, Diversity Of Team Members
Cons
Mismanagement, Poor Corporate Structure
Supportive and works well with you
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 6, 2018
Slim Chickens was, from what I remember, a really supportive team. We all started from the beginning and we worked from when the restaurant first opened up.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun work place fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 23, 2018
Setting up and breaking down the dinning area. Making all of the teas and making sure all of the tables are clean and stocked with napkins and ketchup. Cleaning the dinning area after closing and making sure everything is clean when setting the dinning room up in the morning. Making sure the trash didn't get to full.
productive fun work place
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 6, 2018
Family friendly business. Food is great it's awesome that they do catering. Food is fresh and good. Can be a little stressful when they get busy but overall its an awesome place to work
Good food , but work was no good, bad leadership bad management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 3, 2018
I was cook and prep amd ended up stepping up for dishwashers, front line , cashiers , almost every other crew position i would regularly help while still cooking. Bad management and team leaders .
Owner didn't care about employees, managers always changing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 29, 2018
Got sexually harassed by two guys and when I reported it they barely got a slap on the wrist.
They never helped me access the online scheduling site, so I could never ask off and it wad hard to get my schedule
Change in management very frequently. I worked there under a year and we went through over half a dozen managers.
Very easy job. It's only as hard as you make it.
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 23, 2018
I was first hired on as a line cook back in January of 2016 at the 85th St location. Two years later I was finally given the opportunity to be a manager. I was so happy to be given this opportunity, so I took my job seriously, and had such compassion. Shortly after they had relocated me to the Pine Lake location due to a manager quitting there. I wasn't the happiest because I had known everyone I worked with for a long time and I had my team. I went on to go work at the other location (Pine Lake); even though I was really excited to try something new. I got to find out how awry everything really was. I have worked so hard and put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into my job. I had so much passion every time I put on my hat I felt like we were winners and every day we won the game. I'll admit I have a go getting attitude that may be a bit more than your average Joe. But the passion I create with my job always made me excel to newer heights. Unfortunately the conflicting views me and my GM had did not seem to be enough. But we are on good terms so he can be used as a reference .
Pros
Friendly, Upbeat enviorment
Cons
Shady managing, Owners don't know what they are doing, have not bee making revenue.
At first was very productive and fun to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 13, 2018
When slims first opened it was a fun and very energetic work place. But as time progressed the management just didn't care about anything anymore. You would be scheduled to work 5 hours that day and end up working possibly 7 without pay.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
No breaks, horrible pay, dirty, horrible management
Eh
Cook (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJune 12, 2018
Some managers were cool some were a train wreck. Pay was okay but the hours were terrible my schedule was open and I had only received 1-2 days per week
Fast Paced, Typical Fast Food Job
Cashier/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 11, 2018
It is what it is. Like most fast food jobs, it's just a job. Low pay, fast paced, at the end of the day you smell like fried chicken. 10 minute
lunch breaks if you work a double, and free food if you're nice to your cooks and your GM isn't watching.
Fun workplace
Prep, cashier (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 10, 2018
Excellent place to work. Amazing atmosphere crew members. Clean friendly place to work. Great food.. Amazing management. Easy to move up and get raises
Fast paced precise work environment
Cook/ Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 6, 2018
It was a busy job that always had tasks needing to be completed. Dealing with customers was also a very important component. Being a team leader was important.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Shifting management strategies
Friendly Work Family, comfortable learning space, and happy atmosphere.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 6, 2018
This is a great beginner job for any person of age to work. The people were friendly and it was a quick and relaxed learning environment. The atmosphere was always upbeat and provided a good escape from everyday life. Slim Chickens got very busy at times and could get hard to keep up with but great teamwork helped overcome all the obstacles.
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 3, 2018
I like the environment and the people. Very understanding of scheduling. Bad management though. Overall I would recommend to someone looking for a fast food job.
Pros
discount food
Cons
short breaks
Too much stepping on heads
Traveling Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 3, 2018
Everyone is so afraid of getting in trouble, the amount of sabotage was ridiculous. Two-faced friends and incompetent managers are all that consist of what used to be a fun place to work. Any advancement is impossible, and all hope is diminished by empty promises.
Pros
Good food, mostly good people, good values
Cons
Inconsistent food, “few bad apples”
It was okay.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 29, 2018
It was my first job so I accepted some conditions that I wouldn’t at his time. I needed more value and more education so I decided to leave. However my time there was well spent, I learned how to work with others especially during rush hour and I got to know the ins and outs of the store pretty well.
Great culture.
Cashier/Expo (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 27, 2018
Easy going, fun, and hardworking staff despite the low pay and poor advancement opportunities. The division of work was fair and simple. Management was problematic at times.
Relaxing place that’s fun and fast paced
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 26, 2018
I worked at Slim chickens for a year actually opening the Cypress Store. As I’ve worked here you’ll have the slow days and the busy days such as the weekends. Overall it’s a smooth establishment with some spotty management but overall a chill place to work at
Pros
Free Lunch, Hours
Cons
Management, Co-workers
Stressful, constant of turnover, not very well managed
Cook / Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 19, 2018
I was a customer long before I worked for Slims, so I love the food and culture. There was a lot of turnover in the time I was there. The Area Manager was replaced 3 times, the GM was replaced 3 times, and Shift Leads, Cooks, etc turned over every couple months or so. Despite the turnover, there were some awesome people, who did a great job at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slim Chickens. Our community is ready to answer.