SlingShot Connections Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Call Center expert (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 5, 2018
I was looking for a position and a friend referred me to Slingshot, staff was awesome to work with. The staff was great to work with, they found me a job I love.

They got me working within 2 weeks!
Pros
Friendly staff, they care
Poor Management
Project Support, Recruting (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 26, 2018
At Slingshot Connections the whole work environment is poor and unorganized. Its the 21st century and their tools to work or way behind and make completing you job hard. Management was the worst, it was managed by a 3 sisters. There would be times when you would be on the phone with potential recruits that they would get in a shouting argument, and this was in a 10x20 office space. Overall poor place to work.
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAFebruary 26, 2018
On the phone reaching out to potential clients.

Management ran the office like a seat shop.

Workplace culture was ok at best.

Hardest part of job is dealing with mad and angry prospects.
Pros
Friday lunch provide.
Cons
Micro-managing to the fullest.
n/a
Customer Service/Clerical/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day is going to work. For the most part I enjoyed the places I did work, people were always very professional & kind. The jobs I did go to paid well. The supervisors were also nice.
Great connections
I.T. Specialist/Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Slingshot came to me at the perfect time in my life when I was looking for a job and a great new opportunity came my way. I am forever thankful for trusting my agent with the new job I took on IT tech.
Pros
Friendly, easy to work with
Cons
Didn't work long enough with them to have any
Great experience and
TLM Commodity Payroll (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CASeptember 19, 2017
Love the attitude of the work enviorment and the ability to teach you. I belied that the team at slingshot connextion really help me and placed me an a enviorment that really fit my personality.
awesome place to work
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 3, 2017
love the people, great work enviroments. carolyn and griselda are amazing. have always been put into great positions and great learning experiences. Easy to talk to and communicate with.
The best folks you can call your team...
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 16, 2017
The culture is warm and embracing. Having worked remotely in Texas for SSC, the miles apart felt closely knit by the warm reception and conference calls daily. You'd get lucky to have a boss that saw you as a person and cared alike-- I had the best boss ever at SSC.

The environment is competitive, however, it is not shy of a fast paced environment as the majority of the time you're on the phone with a client, candidate, or employee. There is always a sense of urgency for the client, the candidate, and the employee-- during or after hours. NO DOUBT.
Pros
Culture, Salary, Consistency, and Passion for it's employees, clients, and candidates.
Cons
No comment
productive workplace with friendly co workers
Secretarial Assistant-Tabulation (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 3, 2016
I worked in a fast paced environment operating a machine that counts the ballots. All of my co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job was when there would be a jam in the machine and i would need help fixing it.
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
four days a week
I found a full time job!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 27, 2016
I have worked for a few staffing companies and I must say Slingshot is by far the BEST. Staff is always so friendly and they truly are interested in finding jobs for their employees!! I found a full time position through them and could not be happier!
Pros
Great Staff
Prompt Job Find
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 24, 2016
I have only positive things to say about this company. The company culture is welcoming, friendly, proactive and fair.
I was offered great opportunities within days. The recruiters show interest on finding a position that best fits one's skills and experience.
I would definitely recommend them!
Pros
Prompt Job Find, Friendly Recruiters, Great Job Opportunities
Doesn't know if they are coming or going!
Applicant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 17, 2016
I had an appointment recently that was confirmed for time and date.

I was assured that everything was in order and all I had to do was to show up, resume in hand.

I went to the interview at their offices, arrived 10 minutes early and was told that the VP who would be interviewing was delayed; she was shopping for food at Safeway.

The recruiter who I spoke to initially on the phone called and said she forgot to put it on her calendar and that her VP would take the interview for me. The VP blew into the office, was totally unprepared and didn't know how to conduct it properly. I used to be a recruiter at a small high tech company and interviewed hundreds of applicants plus took coursework in business college on how to interview plus how to ask choice not Yes/No questions.

About a week later I emailed and texted my point of contact, the VP of the company, for a status update. The only thing I heard was silence.

When I first walked into their offices, it was like a boiler room operation and working underground, no open windows, all shades were closed and about six people were making and taking phone calls.

I can see why Manpower doesn't like them. Two employees are former Manpower people and Manpower took them to court for stealing employees, documents and trade secrets. I found this out by doing a search prior to my interview.

Save your time, save your efforts, save your gas, save your resumes..stay as far away from them as possible!
Pros
Cons
Very disorganized and doesn't keep interview appointments
Great Company
Room Inspector (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 22, 2016
Great job with a great company and coworkers. Enjoyed the work environment and the freedom to work without direct supervision, being trusted to do my job correctly and efficiently.
love working here but i am currently only a temporary i need something stable
Accountant inputting (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach CaMarch 7, 2014
I learned a little of AR, and AP, very organized company, I input all receipts in the computer by names of company, filed all receipts by date and location, scanned all receipts. I really enjoyed working here because of the atmosphere every one is very helpful and friendly and i learned new things and they didn't hesitate in training me with all i needed to know.
Good for temp work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 21, 2013
Only worked for them a few weeks learned alot at the place i was lot of heavy laboring but all worth it at the end of the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SlingShot Connections. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2