Slingshot Employee Reviews

Incredible job.
Workforce Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 8, 2019
I started here at Slingshot as an Intern with my primary focus being to find methods to accurately forecast our call volume. I was immediately introduced to the team I would be working with and most of the executive team. Everyone that I have worked with/ been introduced to has expressed their confidence in me and have been easy two work with. They trust me and give me the room to learn. I have now been here a year. I can always bring things up to them that I feel are hard to talk about and they genuinely care. A good amount of the time they make changes based on the information I provide. I feel confident in the management team that I am now a part of and the executives of this company that we are going to take us great places. I am continuing to learn and highly recommend working here.
Pros
Breaks, Ping Pong, Games and Mangement.
Slingshot - An Incredible Opportunity
Finance (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 4, 2019
Slingshot provides an amazing opportunity for just about anyone. It as a great option for students looking for a well-paying job to get them through school, sales reps looking for a sales job with great earning potential, stay-at-home individuals that prefer working from the comfort of their house, entry-level candidates looking for experience and a chance to grow within the company, or well-established professionals looking for a chance to jump in and work for a rapidly-growing company. Slingshot is constantly receiving recognition, such as Deseret News' top Utah companies to work for, #146 on the Inc 500, great social media reviews, etc. The company's 3 founders are motivating, caring, and an appreciable example of great work ethic. As one employees that has been here the longest, I can attest to Slingshot really caring about both their employees and the clients they serve. From my interactions with Slingshot clients, Slingshot has become an indispensable part of their business. From interacting with other employees, Slingshot's offering of great pay, benefits, perks, bonuses, raises, advancement opportunities, friendly coworkers and management, and a fun & exciting atmosphere make it a very rewarding opportunity. I am personally extremely grateful for coming across and being a part of this company.
Pros
Great starting base pay for sales reps, good benefits, many career advancement opportunities
Cons
Constant changes due to high growth, many process still need to be worked out or even implemented still (mostly HR related)
The best company I have ever worked for!
CSR (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 3, 2019
This is the first phone job I have ever enjoyed. Seriously! A start-up company with a really cool atmosphere and the ability to work from home. I am surprised more people don't know about Slingshot and the opportunities here. You can start on the phones to get your foot in the door and see this amazing company keep getting bigger and bigger. These have been two of the best years of my life!
Pros
Management is awesome and so are all of your co-workers. Prizes and motivosity!
Cons
The pay fluctuates quite a bit for the CSR reps. The summer is busy, but the time goes by fast!
Great Workplace and Great Co-Workers
CSR Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 3, 2019
Slingshot is amazing! There is room for growth within the company and everyone is willing to help you succeed. This company truly cares about their employees and rewards hard work. Co-workers are amazing, everyone has a positive energy that makes going to work every day easy. I honestly can't say enough good things about Slingshot, it is all around a good company!
Pros
Positive workplace, benefits are great, flexible schedule, pay is good.
Cons
None!!
Fun, fast-paced company with a lot going for it
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 3, 2019
My time at Slingshot has been hugely challenging, but I count it as likely the most satisfying period of my professional life.

Slingshot is at an interesting stage in its development. We've had a lot of successes, but we're still working out some kinks. If you are able to see past occasional missteps, you'll find a company with a great culture, lofty goals, and a really fair-minded and positive approach.

What I like most about the job is how dynamic my position is - I get to collaborate with teams all over the company and get to make use of a whole slew of different skills. Never a dull moment.

Pay and benefits could be better, but they're definitely moving in the right direction.
Pros
Good benefits, exciting product, fantastic people and work environment
Cons
chaos, regular policy changes, organizational growing pains
A great company to work and advance
Workforce Manager (Current Employee) –  OremJanuary 2, 2019
Slingshot is a fast growing company that is ready and willing to take their employees with them. I have seen the executive team work together to creatively tackle problems as they arise.

There is a great culture in the office for those employees who do not take advantage of the ability to work from home.
Pros
Great people, great culture
A great place to learn, grow, and obtain valuable worklife skills
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 31, 2018
Slingshot was my first job right out of college and I was ready to make my mark on the world. I started off as a basic salesman, but worked my way up to an executive over the years. As I proved my hard work, dedication, and overall ability I was able to essentially choose my path. I learned hands on all I needed to set and hit goals, work as a team, and pivot along the way.
Slingshot has some of the best people working there and has the potential to be one of the next big companies in Utah.
Pros
Great prople, competitive pay, lots of advancement opportunities, and a great industry.
Cons
Still in the startup phase, sometimes its hard to know what is expected of you (you either arent told or it changes)
Fast-paced Inc 500 company with an awesome product and great people
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 31, 2018
Slingshot is a relatively new and quickly growing company. Things are fast-paced and sometimes a little bit messy - this sort of environment can be overwhelming if you're not adaptable, but it also attracts a lot of bright and motivated people. There's a palpable sense of excitement and a feeling that everyone is engaged in building a really cool company.

A huge component of Slingshot is a call floor/contact center. Call floor positions can be a challenge due to a) a large and diverse client list and b) growth+change, but Slingshot has largely been able to avoid the oppressive, big brothery feel of a typical phone service center.
Team leads and managers support their agents and there's a top-down commitment to helping people succeed and grow during their time here.

All in all, I've really enjoyed my experience at Slingshot. It's certainly not perfect but I've made great friends here and the company is definitely moving in the right direction.
Pros
Great coworkers, strong company values, fantastic product
Cons
Frequent change and some operational inefficiencies
Awesome atmosphere at the office and the chance to work from home!
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 31, 2018
Hands down Slingshot is the best place I have ever worked. The executive team cares for their employees and wants them to succeed as much as they want to succeed. Free cereal everyday, motivosity, great people! Love it here!
Pros
Motivosity, growth opportunities, free lunch during training!
Cons
Hmmmmmm???
Loved these guys!
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 13, 2018
Its a start up, so things are in flux, but at the end of the day I was able (during the spring summer pest control season) to meet both their goals, and the goals I set for myself. Plus, they are genuinely nice folks who want to do a good job for both their employees and their customers.
Pros
Great opportunity, very nice people
Cons
Hard to advance

Want to know more about Slingshot?

Ask a question
Loved working There
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  BrooklinOctober 3, 2018
I loved working at slingshot if I could I'd go back I got along with Everyone there the bosses where nice & willing to work with anyone as long as you do your job.
Terrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2018
Always found a way to keep commissions. There wasn't much help from upper management. Workforce changed my hours after I asked to not work after a certain time because I had another job. They wouldn't even work with me. Found out 3 months in we weren't allowed to have a second job, But one of the owners that trained me knew when I started. Said it was fine. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend this place unless you can live in $10 an hour.
Laid back work environment
Sales Rep and Sales Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 18, 2018
The work environment is fun and easy going. Everyone is helpful and willing to answer any and all questions. On the management level however, it gets a little sloppy. There isn't a lot of communication between departments and there seems to be some favoritism among the executives and new employees.
Great Place and Better People
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 13, 2018
Slingshot was a great atmosphere and management was very helpful when I needed assistance. Soon after I started working there they gave me the opportunity to work from home which was so beneficial, there were always contests to keep everyone motivated as well.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 18, 2018
Great place to work and very professional and also helpful. I will recommend anyone to work there especially if your trying to further your career in this field.
Good work from home option at first but still in its infancy and riddled with internal issues
Hybrid Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84119February 11, 2018
Picked up the position as gave many promises of a flexible schedule and opportunities for high pay via commissions. However, shortly after being hired workforce almost entirely ignored one of my requests for preferred scheduling. The company claims to be a meritocracy but has done little to show that since higher and favors specific departments in terms of sales opportunities making it hard to reach goals to get max or even minimum commission leaving you at the base wage of $10 an hour. Have yet to be given the opportunity to work from home and consistent program and department issues have put all new highers at a disadvantage.

All the managers are nice and friendly and do put off the feeling that they really want everyone to succeed and work with you. However, as of yet their words have not matched their actions and most everyone in the training class for the new SLC office is actively displeased with management with one thing or another be it workforce and their lack of human input which has caused a slew of scheduling issues for the entire training class, and their commission structure which according to management is outdated but hasn't really been made clear to anyone what it actually is.
Pros
Work from home opportunity
Cons
Spastic schedule, commissions setup not clear, lots of internal issues for systems used
The people you work with are great
Ride Operator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2018
You can get stressed out more so during our busy sessions and your coworkers are always there to help you. You work as a team feather then against each other.
Pros
Free rides
Cons
Short breaks. Sexist owner
Dont work here
Director of Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2017
Unless you like bums and criminals at the West End station, stay away. Dangerous area and always crawling with cops and thugs. You are better off taking a job elsewhere.
Great and Fun workplace with a ninja warriors course
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2017
A typical day at Slingshot would consist of managing the bar, teaching new employees the basic needs of dealing with guest, Help run food and help making drinks.
Slingshot at its finest
Director of Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
I loved working with slingshot, it became like a family to me, and I stay in touch with everyone still. There isnt another atmosphere like it in the career world, thus making slingshot a unique and fun place to work. You get challenged daily, awarded frequently, adda-boys all the time, and you work with Great folks.
Pros
the environment
Cons
its downtown westend dallas