Slomins Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Have fun and be productive at same time
Asst mgr telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJune 5, 2017
Train and help new employees to get telemarketing leads. Treat our team as family and have fun. Incentives and bonus. Hardest part of job was to get customers on phone.
work place
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 29, 2017
good place to work and everyone that works at hicksville location is very easy to get along with. Job was not hard at all and bosses were very understanding.
Wonderful atmosphere with co workers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 29, 2016
Handled anywhere between 75- 130 calls daily assisted with alarm and oil accounts as well as payments. Also set up leads for potential customers.
a good place to learn about HVAC
HVAC tech / installer (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 3, 2016
worked at slomins for less that 1 year, it was a great learning experience, most of the mechanic/installers are very great to work with. it seem that that many job seekers are not aware that slomins hires for busy season while hoping for the permanent position.
management is ok .work hours are very long. otherwise
Pros
great learing environment
Cons
Management should be more open on job posting and state that positions are temporary
Telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 17, 2015
A typical day working at slomins would be to schedule appointments with home owners to have one of our sales associates speak with them about the deals that we have on our oil and alarms. I have learned a lot about the company that has been a great help while I make appointments. The co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part about my job was that it was not a guaranteed job, meaning if you do not have the required amount of appointments at the end of the week, you can possibly lose your job. Overall I enjoyed my time with slomins.
Professional
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 18, 2015
Management and staff were very professional and ethical. Very easy going and the door is open for me to return. Management always motivated the staff. Incentives were a great part of working at Slomins as well as bonuses.
I experienced numerous payroll deduction issues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 29, 2014
My job consisted mainly of handling the inbound calls. I also had a desk job opening mail every morning. Some supervisors extremely helpful and patient.
Most co-workers were pleasant.
The hardest part of the job was waiting for a resolution from management of a problem.
I found the most enjoyable part of this job was when I was able to resolve an on-going problem for a customer and end the call with them completely satisfied.
Pros
Overtime during winter months along with free lunch
in home sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2014
travel various distances to demonstrate product/services in home,
Pros
flexible schedule with salary
Cons
length of commute
challenge
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYSeptember 22, 2012
This job was very interesting with the phone calls that we got from some of the customers....always had some stories...but we all got through our days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slomins. Our community is ready to answer.

Slomins Reviews by Location