SLS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Cheap but it will give you great experience
Foreman/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 15, 2018
They are super cheap but they a good people work is very random some days typical 7-5 others 4-10 some weeks no days off others 2-3 on call 24/7 work is either clean or nasty
Sls
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenpool, OKJanuary 10, 2018
On a typical day, I enter information about customers. I processed billings or checks received. I contacted customers about their current or past due bills. I called, texted or emailed customers about pending services. Once a week I processed hours for all employees. Once a week I documented the miles driven by the vehicles. I managed the office supplies and the supplies for the lawn equipment. As needed, I went out to give estimates for lawn services. As needed, I would also help with the actual maintenance of customers lawns.

I have learned a great deal about the lawn business. I have learned to mow, weed eat, edge, blow off all hard surfaces, weed control and other maintenance that pertains to a lawn.

The hardest part of the job was the heat.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was doing a job very well.
Pros
confidence in a job well done
Cons
health insurance, 401k
It is a very easy place to work at.
Customer Service Executive High Level Response (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 8, 2018
There is no sense of urgency, departments do not help each other and there is not enough people with an extensive knowledge of mortgage servicing.
The culture is very poor. There is not enough training and you are not given the tools to complete your daily functions.
Pros
Easy and relaxed place
Cons
Not enough training
Underpaid and overworked
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 2, 2017
An unprofessional company full of incompetence and nepotism. Friends working for friends. You are WOEFULLY underpaid ($12) for the work you do, not paid or appreciated for your experience. Houses are in need of basic repair, but management is "too busy." Too busy trying to expand and open more houses and ILS clients as cheaply as possible.

Awesome clients but not worth the unprofessional, dismissive, inexperienced management.
Pros
Clients are awesome
Cons
Pathetically low pay, no PTO until after a year, untimely raises (they will put it off so they don't have to give you a raise)
It was definitely a productive and new experience for me. I also think it was fun.
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJMay 26, 2017
I enjoyed the job, i was able to acquire new skills and traits. I also was able to get in shape and get a good workout while at work, it helped keep me healthy and in shape. I am now able to perform landscaping activities/duties around the house on my own and if i wanted to pursue my own career/ business in landscaping. It was a team job as well so it enabled me to touch up on my social skills and team player characteristics. I built chemistry and a bond with my co workers. Work became easier as well. The hardest part of the day was when the temperature was at its highest, the heat could be a little overwhelming at times but it didn't stop me or my team. The workplace generally was made of Hispanic/Latino, but that didn't get in the way of the job getting done. I was able to communicate fluidly after a few days.
Pros
The team i had were well mannered, open minded, and down to earth people. They made work easier and just better over all.
Cons
Communicating, Weather
Fast-paced.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work is always changing. I have learned a great deal of construction behind the scenes. I keep a pen and pad handy because the more information I learn, I want to make sure I keep it retained as the day can get very busy. The workplace culture is fast-paced. The hardest party of my job is disconnecting from the heartache our clients have encountered through hurricane sandy. At times I wish there was more I can do. The most enjoyable part of my job is bringing light to those who have been in the dark for a very long time.
Pros
Healthcare.
Cons
Little room for growth.
Great place
Intern (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 3, 2016
Enthusiastic environment. supportive co-workers.
Helpful professors. Nice location. Availability of resources.
Great People to Work with at SLS
VP (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 27, 2016
The working relationships within the company and clients is very positive.
I learned an abundance of new business strategy, technology, and overall Mortgage industry items while working at SLS.
The Site in Colorado is solid with great management and working culture.
The Site in Tempe is bringing the entire company down and has many opportunities within management.

The company is making positive changes and has a solid strategy to do so.
Pros
People, Benefits, Solid Company
Cons
Tempe Site Management
Good
Bankruptcy associate (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 25, 2016
Typical 9-5. great relaxed work environment with positive coworkers and a nice break area and good view of the mountains and downtown Denver
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 15, 2015
everything about this job was terrible
people
payroll
supers
equipment
co workers
hated going to work
everyday i felt so miserable
cold calls were a headache on top of that
Cons

Want to know more about SLS?

Ask a question
Love this place
Foreclosure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 28, 2015
The only reason I left was for school. I moved to Colorado for graduate school at University of colordo Denver campus I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO EVERYONE
Cons
benefits
chef Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 21, 2015
worst health insurance ever. lousy raises 1 2 or 3 % a year IF you can get one, didnt get a raise this year, always saying the budget
Pros
great co workers
Cons
poor health insuance
Days go by fast
Lube Technician and Welder (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYDecember 3, 2014
Days start off in shop, after loading you truck you go to your account. If you do not have an account then you stay in the warehouse and rebuild pumps stack totes and condense inventory. Alot to keep a man busy,so the days go by quick.
Pros
Fast Day
overall the company is strong
Dual Rate Supervisor/table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2014
my reviews are what i personally feel and to me i have good reviews
Fast paced and detail oriented
Clerical Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHOctober 30, 2013
A typical day at work consists of inventories and customer service. I have learned that being detail oriented and timely research can solve a lot of problems from becoming problems. I have a co worker who I connect with so figuring out issues is easy. The hardest part of the job is the lack of support from management which makes everyday issues worse. The most enjoyable part of the job is the connection that I have with the delivery drivers.
Pros
Positive connection with co workers
Cons
Lack of support from management
sears
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 21, 2013
learn to know and see what Sears stores need , each and everyday they order , many diversified groups or people to work with .
Pros
close to home
Cons
too many favorites, unfair benefits, pay very low to start
Good work environment
Pool Attendant and Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 3, 2013
Fun and fast paced environment. Management wasn't as employee focused, as they ought to have been.