SLS

SLS Employee Reviews

United States162 reviews

seniorleadinsuranceagencylifetrainingsuccesscommission

Fun workplace

As a newer employee to SLS, I would recommend working here for someone who wants to learn about the industry and gain workplace experience in an environment where your coworkers become family. Working on the office side can be challenging and busy but management is always willing to step in and help. A typical day consists of processing new business and taking and making customer service calls. Downsides: call volume can make it challenging to get work done. Pay seems to be low for workload and responsibilities. Seems like main focus is on the agents and employees don’t get a lot of recognition or perks. Employee retention doesn’t appear to be high with of my coworkers starting in last 2 years like me. Benefits: management support, benefits (401k matching, health insurance), fun place to work, flexible

I would walk away

This is a very stressful position. They want you on the phones all day and all night. They say it’s warm leads but it’s not. You work all day and the majority of the time you check is around $200 a week. Sometimes higher but it’s very stressful. They training is amazing. Everything else is too demanding and it’s commission based only.

Pros

Training, free leads

Cons

Like a job without any benefits, stressful, too many meetings, a lot of pressure to dial all day

SLS insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Great place to work!

I have worked for Senior Life Services for over 26 years. It's a family-oriented company. It's been a pleasure to work the executive team and support staff for all these years. I love my co-workers. The owner always gives back to the community, staff and the agents. It's a great place to work.

Pros

Great place to Work!

Productive and engergetic company

In my years here at SLS, I've seen time and time again what an incredible opportunity this is for agents of all experience levels! It truly is a fantastic way to learn the business, brush up on or learn new sales skills that are proven to make you successful. The support system and training offered are simply exceptional. This position gives you all the tools you need to make a limitless income and reach all of your financial goals!

Best place to work !

So glad I took this position many years ago and have now built a career with SLS ! I have seen so many agents and staff members lives change just by being a part of this great agency. It's easy to love your job when you get to see millionaires be made !

Amazing Opportunity for Anyone

Working on the staff side of the agency has so many opportunities to learn and grow here! They are always cross training employees and giving opportunities to promote from within. They are all about making sure the staff and agents succeed! I wouldn't want to work anywhere else!

Great Place to Work

Have been working here for 8 years and was able to advance to the position i am at now :) Love working here! EVERY DAY you learn something new and able to help new agents and clients with all different types of questions!

Fun to work

Working at senior life was a different experience for me. I’ve never worked somewhere that actually feels like a family even though I worked from home

Hard and confusinf

This is a good job if u have a second job that pays well to support you,it takes a whileeeeee to get good pay and u have to work 12 hour days to get if

Company built on smoke and mirrors

One of the worst Agency experiences of my life. Being good at sales does not make you good at managing a team. Believe about 40% of what they tell you during the initial "interviews" which are really just zoom meetings to mass hire people to try to find some who will stick around in this terrible environment. They spend more time bragging about their earnings than actually teaching others how to thrive with the company. Expect old leads, long hours, little compensation, and even less respect.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Old leads, bare minimum training, unprofessional management team

Training and support are great

They train you a lot. It's very needed too. Especially if you are new to the industry. Lots of prizes and bonuses. Lots of hours are needed which can be a challenge but worth it if you can do it.

Agent

great company to work for if you treat it like a business. You can be successful and work between 9 and 6 just need to be disciplined. hardest part of job is staying focused on dialing as with any final expense company, rejection. its rewarding to help families .

Pros

schedule, training, local

Cons

lots of dialing but expected

Look into other companies before you start here

At first I thought this would be a great company to work for. They tell you just about everything that you want to hear, but once you start the training is really subpar they want you to watch a bunch of videos and hope that that helps you learn. All of the calls or cold calls, none of them really know that you’re calling them to sell insurance. Everyone you contact already has insurance and SLS wants you to upsell them on some thing else.

Flexible, Fun coworkers

Overall I like working at senior life services. I do feel the pay isn’t up to market standards for the workload. Health insurance is mediocre. 401k matching is a great benefit.

Seems appealing at the start, but a terrible place to work

At first, this company gives you the impression that you're going to be making $50k-$60k minimum starting out, when in reality the average agent makes the equivalent of under $20k a year if they even make it to a full year with the company. They essentially indoctrinate you with a plethora of propaganda videos and give you the illusion that you will work in a professional, rewarding, and friendly environment. When in reality that is far from the case. They are deceptive and the only thing positive I can note about this company is that they offer a flexible schedule, which in reality is just a standard due to the nature of the position. Would surely not recommend to any new or experienced insurance agent or anyone looking to find a fulfilling job or career.

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Quick Onboarding

Cons

Poor Compensation, Deceptive Management, Unproffesional Work Environment

Encouraging but too little return for too much work

Poor return/compensation for work put in. Expectations do not fit spoken and written requirements. Poor efficiency and superfluous meetings dominated by individual who only likes to hear himself talk while accomplishing nothing.

Management and Team is amazing but leads are Trash

Now for the coaches, they work hard to help you get a sale, but SLS expects you to show up for 3 hours a day for training and during that training, you would not get paid. On top of that, they still expect you to have 6 hours of talk time each day and the coaches will put on blast those who did not reach that talk time. The leads they have are also old and recycled, and incoming calls those agents that call them just wait until someone answers then send them your direction 97% of the live transfers (inbound calls) does not want LIFE INSURANCE

Pros

Good Training

Cons

team has too many people to account for, do not get paid for the 3 hour training if you are new the agency

Awesome company

Comp plan and support is excellent. 🔥 I've seen a lot of opportunities, this company was by far the best. The leads are literally endless. It's not a gimmick.

Great opportunity if you're willing to work Hard and learn the system.

Wonderful company to work for. Have always had excellent support from management and colleagues . Flexibility to work remotely is a huge advantage to this job.

Pros

Many bonuses, leads & ongoing training. Amazing work environment.

Cons

N/a

Worst job experience

These people like to micromanage everything that you do. A lot of cold calling and people are unaware how we got their information. I tried releasing a carrier from them and they denied my request. Please do not work here, find another agency. It's unrealistic to make any decent money here.

Great studying tools.

Very good job, great studying tools, and able to work whenever I please. Great freedom, lots of love around the environment and marketing tools is on top with it!

Pros

Work anytime you want

Cons

Hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SLS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits