SLS

• Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Great Place to work

You will be unappreciated at times, so if you can deal with that, then it's a great job. You are always expected to do more, even if you are ALREADY doing more that you anticipated, so watch out.

Pros

Schedule is Great

Cons

A lot to do

If you really hussle and get lucky, you can maybe make it

They really sell you on a dream. Be careful with sale jobs like this one because it is very difficult to make your goals and that can be very discouraging. You get promised all these things that dangle like a carrot over your head and you might get the carrot if you’re lucky. I’m a very hard working person and really struggled with this. Maybe it’s just not got me. Just be weary, because it’s not as great as they make it seem.

Pros

Remote, motivational coworkers

Cons

Difficult to make ends meet, difficult to reach goals, constant overtime, mentally draining

Low stress, physical job

No bosses breathing down your neck? Check.Weekly pay? Check.Work your own pace? Check.Full time is 6 days a week now, so the work/home balance is a little strained, but the pay is quick and easy for straightforward delivery work. Helps to be strong, some boxes are well over 120, not always though.

Amazing Company with Amazing Leaders

This company is the most amazing place to work with. Hard work definitely pays off. The leaders an mentors are like no other. The company gives so much ongoing training and guidance.

Pros

Training, leadership, and pay

Cons

Very average company. Show up on time, answer calls and go home.

Not very challenging or exciting job. Low stress and decent working condotions. High turnover rate, but overall an easy job with lots of structure.

Pros

Low stress

Cons

No flexibility with hours or breaks. No different than any other high volume call center.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Promise you things that don’t happen

Lack of leadership and quality workforce Temporary work if not willing to travel Storm chasers not a real construction company Lack of talent Ego issues

Pros

Hours

Cons

Job Security

Comission Only. No Support.

Each employee is a free agent. Management does not invest in training or coaching or bettering the employees. SLS sees each person as an individual business and if YOUR business fails, it is just another empty seat for the next person.

Pros

Free to make your own schedule.

Cons

No training or support.

Yucky dirty and sexist(

Yelling and disrespectful. No respect. Have to beg for pay every week. Not paid for all hours worked. Expected to be a personal assistant and office worker.

Pros

Cons

Left crying everyday

Management and security

No upward mobility for ethnic staff at this company, Or Women. Management staff is very ill trained and do not provide proper aid against unprofessional staff or harassment.

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Lunch is not encouraged

Supportive and family oriented environment

SLS is a very supportive and family oriented environment. Great leadership. We have unlimited leads. We even have the president of the company join our weekly meeting. This is an awesome company to work.

Pros

Great leadership, unlimited leads.

Cons

Need experience to grow.

Good Place To Work

SLS really goes above and beyond to assure the success of an agent. They provide great training and support to help seasoned and new agents get the most of their careers. The lead system is great and the incentives and bonuses are pretty cool too. Plus you can build your own team and keep your business for the long run.

Pros

Free Leads, Mentoring, Renewals

Cons

Learning curve

a great place to work,

I love working for this company! We work hard but I feel a real sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. I haven't felt this good about any other employer ever. Management is always available to help whenever I have a question

Pros

The best training in the industry

Cons

Days usually start off with a training. There is also mid-day training. Constant support and with a great team environment. If you're looking for a job that pays you for the hard work that you put in, then this is the place for you. If you're looking for easy money, this is the not right place for you. CEO and upper level managment are always there to talk to. Chances for bonuses throughout the year as well.

Pros

High pay, coaching, training

Cons

Long hours, hard work, some weekends

Work Hard Play Hard

I work hard and I am paid well for the time I invest in my career. I have flexibility to care for my children as needed. Training needed is provided. I do what the leaders say to do and it works. I am successful with this opportunity!

Pros

Well compensated, flexibility

Best workplace I've ever had

One of the best places I've worked at, you have leaders that want you to succeed and go out of their way to make sure that you achieve your goals. Daily trainings to help you become a better salesperson. Great culture that makes you feel like your'e in a new family and everyone wants success for everyone.

Pros

Great compensation, great hours

Think twice

OverallThis is not a job, it's a business. You will be an independent contractor on a 1099 on commission only, no salary. If you want to be self-employed, you can work there, just make sure you have at least 6 months of living expenses saved up before you jump in. And know yourself. Do you have the personality to call leads on the phone? You may think you do. You won't know until you are faced with it. If you decide to do this, start part time and keep your salaried job until you are able to go all out.

An opportunity you can trust!

The leadership and support are phenomenal, and that makes all the difference! Training is organized, and the information is presented in a way that you can start earning right away. Their pay scale is more than fair, and there is no need to ever worry about lead costs or charge backs, as those things are covered. Contests and bonuses keep agents motivated, and everyone roots for each other. Office morale is the best I've ever experienced! Lots of happy agents making good money. The path is paved to become successful here at SLS!

Best foundation to grow

SLS is an amazing place to work, especially if you’re new to the life Insurance industry. Everything is laid out for you to succeed; the training, the tools, the support and the amazing positive environment with wonderful supportive people. It’s truly a teamwork environment. The compensation is above average. If you’re looking for an office / 9-5 job environment this is excellent, however, if you’re a little more self motivated and want to create your own daily goals you should know that there is a required / expected amount of time that you should commit here. So for anyone, with dual desires you just have to be able to fit them both into your schedule. You are able to work 7 days a week and pretty much from 9am to 9pm in the time zone your calling. Overall, SLS is an absolutely amazing place to work. If you’re willing to put in the time and effort you will earn a decent income.

Great

Great place to be if you are willing to work on yourself and put the time in you will be great here. Awesome workplace environment a lot of people that care about your success not only theirs.

Best opportunity of my life

I feel very lucky to have joined this amazing team, my team leader has truly opened my eyes about the abundance possibilities of working at SLS, I am changing my life and staying focus and accomplishing my goals.

Good Job Great Atmosphere

This job was a dream come true for me trying to switch career paths. I have no other experience in life insurance sales so I have no other point of reference in that regards, but I can attest to how awesome this place is to work. Everyone is constantly happy and willing to help out wherever it is needed. There are plenty of bonus incentives along with the generous commission structure and are very up-front about how the pay is broken down. They also give you every tool you need to succeed and be a top producer. The hours are completely flexible because it is a fully commission position (that being said in my first three weeks on the job with little prior experience I am making significantly more money than my previous job).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SLS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SLS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?