Small Business Administration Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Great place to work for short periods of time
Construction Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2018
I worked for the SBA after the numerous hurricanes and disasters this past year and loved it. Management was extremely respectful, training was top notch and they provided all the mechanical and technical supplies needed to complete the job. I was hired on for a three month period along with over 200 people and saw right away that if you work hard, pay attention to detail and listen you will be asked to stay longer. I am now in my seventh month and applying to stay. The only downside is job security; obviously with the job of helping disaster victims, if there are no disasters, there are no jobs.
Pros
Respectful management, great benefits, work/life balance, paid vacation time
Cons
Only stay as long as disaster victims need assistance
Fast Paced
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2018
Working during catastrophic events the environment is fast paced with many temporary employees. Management is only driven to crank out the work. A typical day at work could be working a constant pace or sitting an entire shift. I learned that management is zero tolerant of situations and circumstances that may arise. The workplace culture consist of many individuals and outcasts. You are micro managed and rules are followed very closely. Overall, I could function and mind my business but training was not all that great for the time period I was employed.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Great Work Environment - Temporary
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2018
The worst part about working here is you know you will have to leave. These are great people to work with and that's how I felt about it. Management isn't all over you everyday trying to get production out. I and most others came to work! The constant prodding just isn't needed. I think its because there's a lot of maturity here. The kids (35 and under) that were here had lots of good examples to emulate. You just didn't see a lot of sloughing off. I hope I have another opportunity to go back. Its a shame that it will only be at a time of disaster for a lot of our fellow countrymen.
Pros
Being treated respectfully
Cons
Short term employment only
Intermittent, but great Pay
Loan Officer-ODA Processing & Disbursement Center (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
The SBA is a great opportunity to experience working for the federal government. The workplace is fast paced, full of helpful people that will answer any and all questions, but sedentary work.
Pros
great pay, gov't benefits, easy to get days off when needed, helpful co-workers.
Cons
early long hrs, fast-paced and little room for errors.
Really great place to work at
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2018
I was informed that SBA was hiring through a friend. I applied and actually forgot that I had. It was two month later before I heard from them.
It really is a great place to work. I LOVED MY JOB! I loved calling people and bring them good news and hope!
My only regret of working there is that it was only temporary.
The money was great the hours and days worked was great. If I am not working at a permanent job by the time they call me again this weather related season, I will be there with bells and whistles on.
There was EXTREMELY HIGH VOLUME incoming calls and those that we had to make. Worked 60+ hours a week 10-12 hour days.
Worked with a great group of people, team work was beyond anything I've ever experienced prior to this.
My most enjoyable part of the job was getting there in the morning and working with "The Crew" and HATED to leave everyday.
Pros
Hours worked per week, Pay
Cons
Personal life suffered
Excellent
Compliance Underwriting/Due Diligence (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2018
Excellent organization that I would work for on a consistent basis if they offered full time employment opportunity. The overall work place offers a very positive atmosphere.
Helping people who need help
Loan Officer/Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2018
this is a job that makes you feel great by helping those that lost their homes from disasters. Long hours in the beginning by the end the hours went down. Just sad that this is a term/temporay position. I would go back to this job in a heart beat.
Pros
Great feeling
Cons
long hours at first
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 7, 2018
Sedentary work at the computer all day every day. Deadlines to meet daily and stressful at times. High expectations of workers from
managers and supervisors.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Sedentary work
OIG, (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 2, 2018
I was an investigative consultant at SBA. As management changed position requirement I was not eligible to stay because I was a retired government employee.
Pros
professional work
High paced work environment
LOAN SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2018
This company was a very great place to work. It was a very fast past environment but do to great management it was not stressful. Managers and supervisors were very pleasant to work with.
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 16, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my day was helping the customers. Even though some days were hectic at the end you felt like you made a difference in someone's life. I would love to be employed with SBA again
Pros
all good
Paralegal Specialist
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2018
• Prepare client portfolio for loan disbursement.
• Update and track client portfolio via SBA’s internal case management database (DCMS).
• Approve and/or reject client’s portfolio for disbursement of approved SBA funds.
• Perform legal reviews of residential and business loan documents for compliance with applicable agency policies, practices, regulations and laws.
great contract job
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2018
Great place to work. this was a contract position any time a natural disaster is declared. I enjoyed the work and the atmosphere. If you a look to retire with this company I would not recommend. However, there are a lot of great opportunities with this agency.
Good Place to work for
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my job and what I was hired to do. Good working place. You get the experience you want and need to learn different job duties. They offer on the training as well.
Pros
Money and benefits excellent
Cons
Long working hours no weekend off
Good job to work at
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pageland, SCMarch 15, 2018
When I moved to Pageland, I knew I had to get a job because it’s such a small town. I wanted to get some summer time fun and I had family who work there so they helped me get the job.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Productive fun place to work at.
SBA (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2018
It was fun working for the government. I’m an Great worker/ Quick Learner, always on time & Always respect my Coworkers. The only reason I’m not working at “SBA” anymore is because I was Laid off.
good place to work
Business Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 11, 2018
the ODA is trying to make a difference in the lives of people that have gone through a declared disaster. The hours are long, the work load heavy, but in the end peoples lives are changed
Program Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 8, 2018
My experience with the Small Business Administration was a great experience. Getting to work with a diverse set of co-workers was pleasant and we all for the most part got along and helped each other out when help was needed. Helping out the community and doing our service for the people affected by the slew of hurricanes last year was very satisfying.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The job ended too soon
Was nice being able to help people with disasters.
Constructon Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Small Business Administration. I just wished it would have lasted longer. The only reason I got layed off was that they streamlined the process. They are allowing the loan officers to disburse up to 50,000 without verification of damaged real estate and or personal property. If there are more disasters, they said I would be called back if needed.
Pros
stress free enviroment and good pay.
Cons
Lack of work.
Productive, fun place to work.
Loan Officer III (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2018
Great place to work with relaxed environment, pay is very well, lots of OT offered. Everyone at the company was extremely friendly and engaging! They made me feel right at home from the first day