Smart & Final
64Average

Smart & Final Employee Reviews

United States1,155 reviews
Found 1,155 reviews matching the search
We always strive to make sure our customers get the best service.
Our Manager strives to make it happen for everyone.

I Love working there, but I've been out on sick leave for 4 mths & I miss it.
Was an overall bad experience working here. Even the supervisors complained about how much they were expected to work. Would not recommend long term since you will always be just part time employee. You are never a full-time employee.
Pros
Cons
part time(always). Expected to work full time hours and more. no break room. bad management
The company itself is corrupt they dgaf about anyone under them! I can promise you that! I was a manger and picked the store up out of the gutter! Then they tossed me out like I never existed! It was a lesson learned the hard way!
Cons
Shady management
I worked here for 2 years. At my 1,000 hr mark I asked for my $1.00raise that I was supposedly entitled to and my manager said I only get a $ .25 increase. They work you till your ragged. They will literally have you clean up poo(literally) from the bathroom floors and not blink twice. I left this job without a notice and they had the nerve to call me 3 months later asking if I’m coming back to work. Terrible company.
Pros
A paycheck
Employees didn’t get along, costumers constantly yelling at employees, management wouldn’t resolve customers problems and didn’t have a flexible schedule.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
the break room is a good place for me to cool down and relax for a bit until o work again. in there i eather read, play gaames, of sketch in books. so that all.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
short breaks ( but not too much of an issue)
This was one of the worst companies to work for especially during covid-19 you would work almost 30 hours a week and make $200. They would overwork you and the pay was not worth it. They wrote you up for every little thing. They would break your back and its not worth it. Managers were very rude to employees.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Paychecks/ workload
The place pays good, but you have to work graveyard and basically give your life away. I called off for my finals for school and it was held against me
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Graveyard shift starts at 7:30p.m
As for my culinary skills has helped plenty of the learning the kitchen/oven cook of the kitchen we prep, season, package & display for the customers.
S. Jones III~You report to your assigned shift. Get your headset then login and proceed to pull your order. A typical day Is 8-10hrs. It’s a very clean facility and my co workers are helpful. Management are there to answer any questions you may have. I started February and I plan on retiring from this place.
The company offers many great benefits and pays well for minimum wage job! Employees are also granted paid sick leave and paid Holidays/vacation. They provide retirement plans (401(k)) and life insurance which is also great!
It's a fun and easy job as well as enjoyable. The backroom is a little cluttered but its a nice small grocery store and the employees are very nice and extremely customer friendly.
I worked there a year and then a new store manager comes in. Very arrogant and nonchalant. He spoke ill about the previous manger which was cruel. He made a pass at some employees.
Pros
Good location
Cons
New management is horrible
Not a bad place to work. I worked as a graveyard shift stocker and the only reason I liked it is because I didn’t really have to talk to customers and be around a lot of people. Some nights were easy and some nights were hard depending on the size of the load. The job got boring pretty quick and I don’t feel like I was getting paid enough to work there anymore. One of the mangers was a good hard worker and the other one was pretty lazy and it got annoying. I never felt like we were appreciated. Overall it’s an okay job. I would recommend if it’s your very first job
Its okay. Basic first starting job. Flexible.Can work any shift if you wan to. You move up to different positions if you train. Nice job to get experience at the retail level.
They pay for your time and the staff are really good I never had a complain about the staff from warehouse or agency the truck are kept pretty clean and the yard is kept organized but very experienced yard jockeys
Pros
Good trucks
Cons
Difficult destinations
You will not succeed within 4 years, when you leave they will cash out your 401 k for you with out your permission and you will not become permanent there are people who have been there for 20years and are still part time.
I have learned new stuff from working for this company, making new friends. This job has taught me a lot of new things. I love working there everyone was friendly and respectful.
Smart and Final is a place where you can grow , but just have to be patient with it being in time. My schedule wasn't the best , but yet it was a job, no complaints
I worked for this company for two years and have to say it was arguably one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had. The managers are petty and invasive and will call you nonstop on days you cannot work. Few times when they tried to refuse to pay us.
Cons
Managers Ignore Employee Availability, No Advancement, Toxic Work Culture
I once saw my manager cuss out a customer who just walked into the door. Customers were either really nice or really rude. Wouldn't let me use the bathroom at all for some reason.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smart & Final. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Smart & Final.