Smart Choice MRI Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Rude and Unprofessional Upper Management
PCC (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 4, 2018
This company is one of the worst ever. Staff is only promoted if they work up in corporate, Mequon, WI. Staff in the centers are forgotten.
Employees are forced to clean toilets. There's nowhere to sit to enjoy your meals at break time. We are constantly receiving negative emails from upper management. Employees have not received pay increases in almost 2 years.

There's no direction here. We are spied on through cameras that we were told were for security purposes only.
Pros
Honestly, there are no positives here.
Cons
Poor Upper Management
Forced to clean toilets
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 30, 2018
Very few positive things to say about Smart Choice MRI. Staff is required to clean bathrooms while management spies through cameras (I was hired to care for patients, not be a cleaning service). Hours seem like days with very few patients to scan. Management subscribes to fear and intimidation to motivate employees.

Do your homework before you accept a job here!!
Pros
Clean MRI Centers
Cons
False promises
May 7, 2018

At Smart Choice MRI, our Technologists and Patient Care Coordinators both take ownership of the clinics to ensure they are ready for patients. We feel strongly that every patient deserves the best experience, regardless of the time of day for their appointment. I am sorry you don't feel the same way. Additionally, we do feel the need to clarify for others reading this review that the primary reason for the cameras is safety - similar to other retail locations and health centers. The safety of both our patients and employees is incredibly important to us.

Poor leadership with no direction
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIApril 13, 2018
I've worked for several imaging providers and Smart Choice is by far the worst when it comes to leadership and direction. If it were not for the dedicated employees, who are committed to the patient, this company would fail. Don't be fooled by the smiles and promises, turnover/terminations above industry standards.
April 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that our employees who are committed to our patients are the heart of Smart Choice MRI. We do provide updates and direction to employees through company communication as well as through direct managers, but we know we can always improve. We welcome and appreciate suggestions from our employees.

Unstable Senior Mangement , zero job security
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIMarch 14, 2018
More than 2 dozen people have been let go from organization over past year, majority without cause. Day to day responsibilities change, no set plan or process in place.

Non-collaborative environment, questioning of senior management or suggestions are met with dismissal.

Unwilling to listen to suggestions to improve process.

Employee's are great to work with and do care, unfortunately senior management sees everyone as replaceable and not significant to success of organization.
Pros
employees you work with
Cons
leadership and culture
March 29, 2018

Smart Choice MRI is on a mission to change the way healthcare is experienced. For most people, this is very rewarding work. You have a positive impact on someone's life and change healthcare for the better. We want people that believe in our mission and strive to do a little good in this world. Our employees are asked to be good to our patients and good to each other, and those that do are irreplaceable. We welcome and value suggestions from our employees on how we can improve. I am sorry that you had a different experience, and we appreciate the feedback.

Don’t do It
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  WiMarch 12, 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked. Management doesn’t care about you. No acknowledgment. Lazy workers get away with everything. If you want a job that you work super hard and don’t get compensated for it then it’s all yours.
Pros
Free mri
Cons
Wage, over worked
March 29, 2018

I am sorry that Smart Choice MRI wasn't what you were looking for, and wish we could have spoken directly about your concerns. Smart Choice MRI is focused on making a difference for our patients, and most of our team members find it to be a very fulfilling experience. Our employees are working to change how healthcare is delivered, and we couldn't be more proud or appreciative of the work they do every day.

Work Place Culture
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 10, 2018
Enjoyed getting to know the immediate members of my clinic but difficult to feel connected to upper management and corporate. Would loved to have seen additional ways to keep staff motivated and encouraged.
March 29, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We want to ensure our clinic staff feels connected to their teammates in other clinics and the corporate offices. We recently rolled out a few initiatives to help facilitate this, but we are always open to additional ideas. Please send a note to our Smart Ideas portal or shoot us an email if you have any suggestions. We would love to hear them and see how we can implement! Thanks again.

Do Not Apply!
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2018
Poor management, too many people you work under and don't know who to listen to. Unfair pay, you do a lot for the company but don't get pay what you deserve. You work long hours with no breaks, have to work around technician breaks since the clinic is under staff.
March 29, 2018

We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience and appreciate your thoughts. As a mission-driven company, we want to ensure our patients have exemplary service and care. We are proud that many employees are gratified by the work they do and the impact they have on people. Every employee has a direct manager, but we love when employees help each other out to answer questions or give additional guidance. It takes a strong team working together to change healthcare! We are constantly looking for ways to improve - thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

One of the Best places I worked at.
Corporate office (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 26, 2017
Honestly this is one of the best places I have worked at. I love what I do, the company I work for and the people leading it. This is a growing company and to be apart of this is amazing. Since I started we have double the amount of clinics and added another corporate office in Chicago, I have no intention to leave this company. To potential employees, please don't take the negative reviews on here from former employees too seriously, there usually is a reason why they are "former employees". Not everyone's experience is the same and I sure did not experience nothing but the greatest working here. There's a great and positive work environment, availability to advance both personal and professional. The leadership is the best I've worked for in years. They have a vision of the future and how to get there, which is very refreshing.
Pros
see Below
Cons
nothing much.
In my 35 years as a tech, by far the most superior employer
RTR MR (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 24, 2017
This company and it's leaders, not only gives you ownership, as you work independently, but encourages it and They do NOT micromanage. If you are a person with integrity, you take pride in your work and have a good work ethic that you expect to get reimbursed fairly for, SC is the place for you. I worked at a variety of hospitals/regional medical centers/clinics/ mobiles for long periods of time and also did 7 years of travel/temp work across the U.S. and here at Smart Choice, they have a leadership team that far surpasses any I have encountered in my long career. They are quick to not only to respond to concerns in regard to equipment needs, logistical issues, personnel etc but take immediate action to meet those needs. This leadership team, led by Rick our CEO has integrity, and is honorable...something that is sadly lacking in much of the corporate world today. You would be fortunate and wise if you have an opportunity to plug into this growing team.
Pros
Your own boss, they allow you to take ownership of your clinic, and do not micromanage. Gorgeous facilities and state of the art equipment.
Cons
nada
Fantastic place
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIAugust 24, 2017
If you are looking for a growing company with a vision for the future, this is the place for you. Many good folks working in ALL the departments fro HR to schduling and techs. Highly recommend checking it out.
Patient care dedicated with snacks in the kitchen
Patient Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 24, 2017
Smart Choice has an amazing mission and stays true to it. I am proud to be part of a fast growing company that still has a family feel work environment.
Strong company with room to grow
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 24, 2017
Working at Smart Choice has been an absolute joy. The most important part of the company is what we are doing for patients. Patients can't afford thousand dollar MRI scans in hospitals and we offer them an affordable option. When patients write to us and thank us for saving their lives, we know we are doing the right thing. In a world full of so much negativity and hate, Smart Choice reminds us how important people really are.
Pros
Making a difference for people
Cons
None at this time
Good Workplace
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 22, 2017
I worked for Smart Choice MRI for about a year. All the staff both in the clinics and in the corporate office were nice and approachable so I could go to them with any questions or concerns that I had. I was responsible for setting up all of the new clinics that were opening up in the Midwest, as well as providing new furniture or equipment to our existing clinics. The hardest part of the job was ensuring all of the inventory was up to date, dealing with traffic, and driving the truck in sometimes narrow areas. Learned a lot about time management. However, despite that, I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Good work life balance
Extremely fulfilled with my work at Smart Choice
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2017
I love playing a role of a bigger mission to improve the healthcare experience for our patients. This mission is something senior leadership is obviously passionate about and it is easy to get behind their lead. I have autonomy to do my work but it is also an extremely collaborative environment being a small company all ideas and people are needed and valued. We work hard and there is always more to learn and do for our patients and business but the work life balance does not suffer as a result which is an extremely rare thing to find as I've noticed in my years of working. Could not be happier with my role at Smart Choice and looking forward to being a part of growing this company with this team.
Pros
Great Company mission, work life balance, leadership listens
Cons
Sometimes my favorite snacks run out...
A company that really cares about people
Employee (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 20, 2017
Working at Smart Choice MRI is great a totally different than other places where I have worked. They don't just say they care about patients, but they really do. It is so nice to be appreciated for doing the right thing for people. I can go home everyday knowing I had a part in making someone's day better. It is much more fulfilling than other jobs I have had.
Pros
Doing something different and positive
Cons
A few growing pains with a fast growing company
Read this review , don't make a bad choice
Former employee (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 19, 2017
Poorly managed company, employees are under appreciated and expected to work long hours with no breaks. The equipment is subpar and some is very outdated, Techs are expected to make unethical choices to satisfy managements demands to scan everyone that is scheduled. Don't be fooled by positive reviews , corporate office trumps up reviews to make company look good. Smart Choice is only interested in expanding into new markets and opening more clinics. The existing clinics are slow and unproductive. If you care about your professional reputation please stay away from this employer. I would not recommend this employer to anyone , I am embarrassed to say I worked for them. After this negative review management will post several positive ones to counteract . Also management will rebuttal with some canned response.
Pros
Very few, a pay check.
Cons
The Cons out whey the Pros by ten to one
Unfortunate
Worker (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 15, 2017
This company has a great idea for patient options but does not care one wit for its employees. Management does not want to hear anything about what's really wrong and how it can be fixed. People with experience and knowledge are kept in the dark and told to just work don't think!! They are very hands off until you are walked off the job. Their way which is not an imaging standard nor is it conducive to keeping people safe and happy. Patients and staff are left frustrated, angry and unfulfilled. Staff is never reviewed or given raises and when you bring that up you are told to go work somewhere else, yet all your hard work is putting them up in a great office on the Magnificent Mile. Its all about how it looks on the outside when the inside is a complete mess. Promises that were never kept... overall it was a very disappointing place to work.
Pros
full time job
Cons
everything else
August 20, 2017

We are so sorry you feel that way and had an experience not aligned with our culture and values. We welcome and appreciate continuous feedback and input from all employees. We wish you would have brought your concerns to us while employed either directly or through our anonymous Suggestion Portal.

Our quality and patient safety are a number one priority and our imaging standard is approved by both the Cleveland Clinic and the American College of Radiology. Additionally, our patients have given us a 99.6% satisfaction rating. We highly value our employees and provide annual raises and frequent promotions. It is unfortunate your experience was different and we will take your feedback into consideration as we develop ongoing training and programming. We want every employee to feel comfortable giving us this type of feedback while they are still an employee so we can work together to improve!

Smart Choice is the wrong choice
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Richfield, WIJuly 10, 2017
Smart Choice gives the illusion that it's such a great place to work but...not! Communication...poor, professionalism...poor, appreciation for the employees...very poor. The work environment is more than stressful and no one is made accountable for their mistakes, especially the all mighty schedulers. This company doesn't even care enough to give their employees a lunch break, or even a break to just take a breathe and clear their mind for a moment. Not to mention the equipment is old, but they are more concerned about the cookie jar in the waiting area being full than having updated scanners for better, quality images. All this company cares about is having a jam packed schedule so they can make more money. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for Smart Choice!
August 11, 2017

We are so sorry to hear that you felt your experience with us wasn't a good one. We at Smart Choice pride ourselves in putting patients first right along with out employees. We wish you nothing but the best as you continue on with your employment elsewhere.

Great Job Opportunity!
Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIJuly 9, 2017
One of the best things I like about working for Smart Choice MRI is being able to work with a team of great people who encourage and support each other which is something I have never experienced prior to working for Smart Choice MRI. It is exciting to be a part of a rapid growing company who never loses focus in recognizing the hard work of their employees. This company is changing the way healthcare is delivered. The clinics are beautiful, the patient care is exceptional and it is a fraction of the cost of the typical hospital experience.
Great Place to Work
Operations (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 9, 2017
Truly a great place to work! This company does a great job of communicating to everyone on what is happening in the company. Great culture! I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Culture, advancement opportunities, Competitive pay