Smart Choice MRI Employee Reviews

A Ruthless Company
MRI TECHNOLOGIST (Traveled to several sites) (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills,, IL. Glenview ILJanuary 5, 2019
I was very excited when I was hired at Smart Choice. But I soon realized I had made a very big mistake. They expect a lot from their employees in a short period of time. You travel to different sites often and work with different people at each site. Employees come and go constantly at this company.. People quit with no notice and are let go with no notice. Just a grab your things and go type of experience..
There is no job security what so ever and because of this no one feels secure. A lot of lying, gossiping and back stabbing among all employees so no one can be trusted. Therefore any comraderie or team work is non existent.. A very toxic work environment to spend a 12 hour work shift in. Very high stress, high anxiety work culture. Employees are watched thru the cameras around each facility, listened to on the phone and all computers constantly monitored. . Management and HR are cut throat people.
Dont get sucked in by the friendliness and false professionalism. Because once you are hired the true colors of this company are soon revealed. Stay away. Read all the reviews. All the bad ones are true. Dont waste your precious time.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Ruthless Management, Tense Work Environment
They just don’t get it
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WISeptember 6, 2018
I took a position with Smart Choice because I believed I was helping make a difference and change healthcare. I quickly learned that this was not the case. Smart Choice couldn’t care less about patient experience and have no regard or compassion for their employees. Undoubtedly the worst managed healthcare company I’ve ever worked for. No vision, no direction and NO LEADERSHIP! I should have read previous post here and on other employment sites before wasting my time.
Pros
The CEO spends little time engaging with staff
Cons
Dishonest leadership, toxic culture, no structure, high turnover
Do better!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 28, 2018
Very small company, unstable and poorly managed. It's literally a revolving door. Work environment is extremely toxic and unhealthy across all departments. Benefits package is outrages, no training is offered and the list goes on.
Pros
Cons
Upper mgmt lacks leadership skills, benefits are outrages, toxic environment, no room for growth, no challenges
September 7, 2018

Thanks for your feedback as it helps us become aware of potential miscommunication or misunderstanding among our employees. Smart Choice MRI has grown quite a bit over the last few years, and as a result, we are lucky to be able to continue to add to our team and provide advancement. We love to acknowledge employees for having strong relationships across departments and send out recognition company-wide every week. Additionally, we are proud to offer a competitive benefits package, including a 401k match, and we were able to reduce healthcare premiums this year. Finally, we used employee feedback to develop a new training program that many employees have already successfully completed.

Opportunity to grow
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2018
Smart Choice MRI is a growing organization so you will be expected to adapt and learn new skills. Opinions are freely exchanged and if you are willing to offer solutions, leadership will consider them. The size of the organization allows for changes to be implemented quickly.
Pros
Flexible
September 7, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to provide your thoughts about working at Smart Choice MRI. We appreciate when our employees provide us with great ideas and strive to always remain nimble to implement changes quickly. Keep the ideas and solutions coming!

Good Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2018
At the end of the day Smart Choice is a great place to work. Management moves people out pretty quickly who aren't pulling their weight or aren't willing to adapt to change. Makes for a lot of disgruntled Indeed reviewers, but also makes for a better work environment for everyone else. It's definitely not perfect, but people working here really care about patients and are excited about changing healthcare.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts on working at Smart Choice MRI. You are correct in that we do have high standards for our employees, but it is also what builds a great team. Glad to have you a part of it!

Used to be a great place to work but became a nightmare
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 9, 2018
When I started at Smart Choice, I loved it. We were encouraged to focus on the patients and not on numbers and I was genuinely proud to work for the company. However, all of that has changed. The company is now severely understaffed and the employees suffer for it, especially the ones that work hard. Meanwhile, they fire good people left and right. I can't even count how many people were fired while I was there. It went from being a positive environment where people were told to put customers first to a stressful environment where you didn't know who'd be fired next. There is no way that employees can be expected to put patients first when you have management breathing down your neck with unrealistic expectations, not enough people working, good people being fired, and overall low morale. I whole-heartedly believe that patients should come first and yes, that is what Smart Choice claims is their mission, but they make it impossible to make that a reality and then blame the employees when things fall through the cracks. I'm sure this will get some empty response by the company like all of the other negative reviews here, but this is the reality of what it's like to work at Smart Choice.
Cons
ZERO job security, unrealistic expectations, stressful work environment
August 20, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. Similar to any growing company, Smart Choice MRI has experienced change. This change is always focused on ensuring every single patient receives the best experience possible. However, we know not everyone is comfortable with adapting. We admittedly have high standards for our employees - as our patients deserve nothing less.

We must clarify a few comments given in this review. We have not and will not ever fire a good employee that does the right thing for our team and our patients. We are building a team to change healthcare and we need all the strong employees we can get to help us! We are also fully staffed and do ask that our employees spend their time working to advance our mission. Finally, I ensure you this is not an empty response, as we do care deeply about both our company and our employees.

Horrible Workplace
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 9, 2018
Honestly I have no idea why I stayed at this employer as long as I did. I was counting down the days until I left. The environment is ALWAYS CHANGING and NOT for the better. The turnover rate is beyond high, they do not value the employees they have/had. I moved up in positions but did not get compensated for any of my hard work. HR is catty and could care less about any employees well-being. I would not suggest this workplace, it is toxic.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management/ toxic work environment
August 22, 2018

At Smart Choice MRI, we are growing a team of people that are passionate about providing an exceptional patient experience. While most of our employees are fulfilled by our mission, we know it isn't for everyone. We do highly value our employees who share our company values and are willing to adapt to our changing environment. We love to promote from within and have had the privilege to promote many employees this year that embody our mission. Along with those promotions we have also been able to reward our employees with pay increases as well. Conversations about career development are always welcome and encouraged.

Rude and Unprofessional Upper Management
PCC (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 4, 2018
This company is one of the worst ever. Staff is only promoted if they work up in corporate, Mequon, WI. Staff in the centers are forgotten.
Employees are forced to clean toilets. There's nowhere to sit to enjoy your meals at break time. We are constantly receiving negative emails from upper management. Employees have not received pay increases in almost 2 years.

There's no direction here. We are spied on through cameras that we were told were for security purposes only.
Pros
Honestly, there are no positives here.
Cons
Poor Upper Management
August 10, 2018

Smart Choice MRI is an excellent place for people that care about their co-workers, patients, and making a difference. Those employees are consistently recognized and rewarded for their efforts. However, for those people that don't believe our patients deserve a clean environment, are not supportive of their co-workers, and do not reflect our values - Smart Choice MRI isn't the right fit. We wish that everyone was excited about the opportunity to make someone's day a little better, but unfortunately, it isn't for everyone. Also, we would like to clarify a few comments for those considering Smart Choice MRI. There are consistent merit increases and promotions across the company, we love to tell our employees when they do a great job, and we, of course, have cameras (as do all retail stores, hospitals, etc.) to ensure our employees and patients are safe!

Poor leadership with no direction
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIApril 13, 2018
I've worked for several imaging providers and Smart Choice is by far the worst when it comes to leadership and direction. If it were not for the dedicated employees, who are committed to the patient, this company would fail. Don't be fooled by the smiles and promises, turnover/terminations above industry standards.
April 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that our employees who are committed to our patients are the heart of Smart Choice MRI. We do provide updates and direction to employees through company communication as well as through direct managers, but we know we can always improve. We welcome and appreciate suggestions from our employees.

Unstable Senior Mangement , zero job security
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIMarch 14, 2018
More than 2 dozen people have been let go from organization over past year, majority without cause. Day to day responsibilities change, no set plan or process in place.

Non-collaborative environment, questioning of senior management or suggestions are met with dismissal.

Unwilling to listen to suggestions to improve process.

Employee's are great to work with and do care, unfortunately senior management sees everyone as replaceable and not significant to success of organization.
Pros
employees you work with
Cons
leadership and culture
March 29, 2018

Smart Choice MRI is on a mission to change the way healthcare is experienced. For most people, this is very rewarding work. You have a positive impact on someone's life and change healthcare for the better. We want people that believe in our mission and strive to do a little good in this world. Our employees are asked to be good to our patients and good to each other, and those that do are irreplaceable. We welcome and value suggestions from our employees on how we can improve. I am sorry that you had a different experience, and we appreciate the feedback.

Don’t do It
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  WiMarch 12, 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked. Management doesn’t care about you. No acknowledgment. Lazy workers get away with everything. If you want a job that you work super hard and don’t get compensated for it then it’s all yours.
Pros
Free mri
Cons
Wage, over worked
March 29, 2018

I am sorry that Smart Choice MRI wasn't what you were looking for, and wish we could have spoken directly about your concerns. Smart Choice MRI is focused on making a difference for our patients, and most of our team members find it to be a very fulfilling experience. Our employees are working to change how healthcare is delivered, and we couldn't be more proud or appreciative of the work they do every day.

Work Place Culture
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 10, 2018
Enjoyed getting to know the immediate members of my clinic but difficult to feel connected to upper management and corporate. Would loved to have seen additional ways to keep staff motivated and encouraged.
March 29, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We want to ensure our clinic staff feels connected to their teammates in other clinics and the corporate offices. We recently rolled out a few initiatives to help facilitate this, but we are always open to additional ideas. Please send a note to our Smart Ideas portal or shoot us an email if you have any suggestions. We would love to hear them and see how we can implement! Thanks again.

Do Not Apply!
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2018
Poor management, too many people you work under and don't know who to listen to. Unfair pay, you do a lot for the company but don't get pay what you deserve. You work long hours with no breaks, have to work around technician breaks since the clinic is under staff.
March 29, 2018

We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience and appreciate your thoughts. As a mission-driven company, we want to ensure our patients have exemplary service and care. We are proud that many employees are gratified by the work they do and the impact they have on people. Every employee has a direct manager, but we love when employees help each other out to answer questions or give additional guidance. It takes a strong team working together to change healthcare! We are constantly looking for ways to improve - thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

One of the Best places I worked at.
Corporate office (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 26, 2017
Honestly this is one of the best places I have worked at. I love what I do, the company I work for and the people leading it. This is a growing company and to be apart of this is amazing. Since I started we have double the amount of clinics and added another corporate office in Chicago, I have no intention to leave this company. To potential employees, please don't take the negative reviews on here from former employees too seriously, there usually is a reason why they are "former employees". Not everyone's experience is the same and I sure did not experience nothing but the greatest working here. There's a great and positive work environment, availability to advance both personal and professional. The leadership is the best I've worked for in years. They have a vision of the future and how to get there, which is very refreshing.
Pros
see Below
Cons
nothing much.
In my 35 years as a tech, by far the most superior employer
RTR MR (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 24, 2017
This company and it's leaders, not only gives you ownership, as you work independently, but encourages it and They do NOT micromanage. If you are a person with integrity, you take pride in your work and have a good work ethic that you expect to get reimbursed fairly for, SC is the place for you. I worked at a variety of hospitals/regional medical centers/clinics/ mobiles for long periods of time and also did 7 years of travel/temp work across the U.S. and here at Smart Choice, they have a leadership team that far surpasses any I have encountered in my long career. They are quick to not only to respond to concerns in regard to equipment needs, logistical issues, personnel etc but take immediate action to meet those needs. This leadership team, led by Rick our CEO has integrity, and is honorable...something that is sadly lacking in much of the corporate world today. You would be fortunate and wise if you have an opportunity to plug into this growing team.
Pros
Your own boss, they allow you to take ownership of your clinic, and do not micromanage. Gorgeous facilities and state of the art equipment.
Cons
nada
Fantastic place
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIAugust 24, 2017
If you are looking for a growing company with a vision for the future, this is the place for you. Many good folks working in ALL the departments fro HR to schduling and techs. Highly recommend checking it out.
Patient care dedicated with snacks in the kitchen
Patient Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 24, 2017
Smart Choice has an amazing mission and stays true to it. I am proud to be part of a fast growing company that still has a family feel work environment.
Strong company with room to grow
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 24, 2017
Working at Smart Choice has been an absolute joy. The most important part of the company is what we are doing for patients. Patients can't afford thousand dollar MRI scans in hospitals and we offer them an affordable option. When patients write to us and thank us for saving their lives, we know we are doing the right thing. In a world full of so much negativity and hate, Smart Choice reminds us how important people really are.
Pros
Making a difference for people
Cons
None at this time
Good Workplace
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 22, 2017
I worked for Smart Choice MRI for about a year. All the staff both in the clinics and in the corporate office were nice and approachable so I could go to them with any questions or concerns that I had. I was responsible for setting up all of the new clinics that were opening up in the Midwest, as well as providing new furniture or equipment to our existing clinics. The hardest part of the job was ensuring all of the inventory was up to date, dealing with traffic, and driving the truck in sometimes narrow areas. Learned a lot about time management. However, despite that, I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Good work life balance
Extremely fulfilled with my work at Smart Choice
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2017
I love playing a role of a bigger mission to improve the healthcare experience for our patients. This mission is something senior leadership is obviously passionate about and it is easy to get behind their lead. I have autonomy to do my work but it is also an extremely collaborative environment being a small company all ideas and people are needed and valued. We work hard and there is always more to learn and do for our patients and business but the work life balance does not suffer as a result which is an extremely rare thing to find as I've noticed in my years of working. Could not be happier with my role at Smart Choice and looking forward to being a part of growing this company with this team.
Pros
Great Company mission, work life balance, leadership listens
Cons
Sometimes my favorite snacks run out...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smart Choice MRI. Our community is ready to answer.