Smart Resources Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Smart Resources
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2018
Work placement didn't reflect my skill set resulting in a very stressful situation. Pay was quite low. Only positive aspect was that the pay was on a weekly basis.
Not for everybody
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 23, 2018
They contacted me, and I told them I was not interested in an employment agency, because I have had bad experiences with them in the past. They said they were different. I told them I was not interested in any assignment more than a few miles away, but they kept offering me a job about 12 miles away, that was supposed to last about a month. It was data entry. I didn't really want it, but they assured me that if I didn't care for it, I didn't have to stay. I stayed a month, but that was all I could take. The job was going to go on for a few more weeks. They never called me for anything again. I thought that was unfair. I did my part in sticking out the month they said this job would last. This is exactly why I don't like employment agencies. Fortunately, I have found a better employment agency to work with who has a variety of assignments for anybody with basic skills, close by. However, maybe for somebody who is looking for something different, they can work for you. But if you are looking for a variety of close by assignments, this is NOT the place to look. They don't have that type of clientele.
Pros
Good pay for the assignment
Cons
Not enough temporary jobs to make money. Not close enough to home. Not honest about what they expect
Satisfied Employee
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 17, 2017
I started working with Smart Resources Staffing agency in July, 2017. and they are very professional and work diligently in assisting you in finding the opportunity that fits your professional skills. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who's seeking employment. They are awesome!
Basic temp agency
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2017
Too short assignments, small pay, no long term assignments. Staff unavailable most of the time to deal with candidates. No benefits, unpleasant work sites.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, small pay
Great team of managers and recruiters
Human Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
They assess your needs and match your skills to fit open opportunities that apply. The team follows through with contract employees and provide temporary opportunity even if its within their own office.
A real character builder
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2015
This was one place I did not enjoy working for. It was bad enough that it was a temp agency, however they refused to send me to assignments that fit my skill sets. I would even go as far as to say that I sensed racism at that company. I would not recommend this company to anyone employers and employees alike.
Great and enjoyable place for employment.
Judgment Drafter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2014
• Imported bankruptcy files into computer database
• Organized judgment packages and affidavits of support documents for the company
• Prepared address labels for the company mailroom
• Copied, printed and completed documentation for assignment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The pay is not high enough
Great Temporary Staffing Agency
Executive Assistant, Alzheimer's Association (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2014
This agency really tries to set you up for success. They won't send you on an assignment just because they want to get the commission. Their goal is to make the right match and provide a great fit so it's a win/win for everyone.
Pros
Great agents who make you feel confident in the assignments they are sending you on.
Cons
As with most agencies, there are no health benefits or paid holidays.
They are a very modern and smart company that is willing to do whatever is needed to help you out.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  30 N. LaSalle, Suite290, Chicago, ILApril 2, 2014
Smart Resources has been ther for me for a long time. We have had a great four years or so together, but it's time for a change.
Very professional company that delivers
Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeping (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 3, 2014
I am currently employed by Smart Resources which is an employment agency that helps candidates to find temporary, temporary to permanent, and direct hire positions. Not long after I interviewed I was soon set up with an interview with a client and before I knew it I had a job! Although my assignment is temporary, I love the company I work for which is a small CPA firm. I love this position because I am learning new skills that are in high demand and by boss is amazing!
Pros
The company, the responsibilities, the location.
Cons
Temporary employment.
Professional
Contract Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Very flexible work.
Reliable people get constant work.
Work assignment changes.
Able to adjust availability according to your schedule.
Meeting new people at different companies.
Downtown area is where most assignments are located.
Weekly pay.
Direct deposit.
Excellent experience.
Smart Resources
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2013
This was an awesome temporary agency. I was new to parenthood and decided that I did not want a full time position. I worked for this company for several years and they always kept me busy.
Temporary Assignment was interesting
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2013
Was given stacks of application to review and input into computer system, once all entered had to assist with relieving front desk or performing other duties assigned by supervisor.
A fair & diverse company located in downtown Chicago who is one of the best temporary employment agencies that I've ever been associated with.
Temporary assignments (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2013
Thumbs up! They kept coming back to me for more assignments...
Pros
gave me an opportunity, very professional
Cons
i only worked with one of their clients, laz parking...
Temporary staffing organization.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2012
I did not have an opportunity to work closely with the staff of the company as I was assigned to work for their clients not the company. My relationship with Smart Resources was with the Temporary Manager, who worked tirelessly to help me find suitable work within my desired timeframes.
Pros
competitive pay rate for a temporary agency.
Cons
limited in ability to find permanent work at the time.