Smart Source Inc Employee Reviews

Can be a great opportunity
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2018
You are notified about open contracts and you accept or decline the offer and the wages. You have the ability to work as many hours as there are available.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no stability or benefits
Great place for work
Consultant for PR Sites (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 24, 2018
Has been a great experience wirking as a free lance for Puerto Rico Sites. Great people and oportunities. Allways have good comunication with the PMs.
Basic Workplace
Desktop Support/technical Support (Diebold) (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILApril 16, 2018
I am really not into writing reviews and really don't know why I should be forced into participating in one at this time. I am just looking for my next opportunity.
Fun and rewarding place to work
PC Technician / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2018
On a typical day job requires me to troubleshoot computer systems and apply solutions to repair the problem. Remove and replace defective CD-DVD drives, hard drives and other components need replacing after testing.
Pros
Good pay salary and benefits
Cons
no commit
Lack of Job security and random hours
On call PC technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 29, 2017
I never have any guaranteed hours just pretty much sitting around waiting for a piece of equipment to go down. I never know when the next job assignment will come or when I might work next.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of hours
Good pay rate but not full time.
Migration/Refresh Technician (Current Employee) –  Monmouth County, NJDecember 9, 2017
For brief contract work, Smart Source is a good recruiter to be with. They pay well and generally don't require much travel. The only drawback is that it's hard to get 40 hours in a week.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Not full time
The Library that they had me work had a good surroundings.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2017
The library had me putting books into computer. The job was easy. It was close to parks and a deli. It had air conditioning. It was also right on bus line. I could check out books or discs and the end of the work day. It seemed rewarding to tag books and enter tags into computers. The Library was close to grocery store and laundry. It was a good way to meet to people. One of my friends lived close to library. The hours they had me work was just the kind I wanted. The most interesting thing was learning the library would on occasion show a movie. Also the movie theater was close by and had reduced prices and daytime matinee.
Pros
It was good to get back to work.
Cons
I wish it was a longer lasting job.
Typical Day
Field Technician Contractor (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 6, 2017
Since Smart Source is a contract based company, you will not work everyday. You are required to work as needed on various job sites.

The way it works is that if you have certain qualifications and show up in certain job pools they will contact you for jobs in your area (up to 75 miles). You are then required to respond and say whether or not you will be able to work on that job site. If you are able to do it they will contact you with proper paper work, workbook, and instructions 48 hours before the day of the job.

Upon arrival you will have to follow the predetermined plan for completing the job tasks however there are times where your technical background will be needed as often the workbook/instructions do not match with the job you are performing.

The workbook/instructions are general but there are times when you must contact your help desk for more detailed instructions on how to configure a device, install a device, or remove a device.

All job sites which Smart Source handles are technical and/or IT based. You may perform work at a bank one day while performing work at a retailer then next day. You average roughly 10 jobs per month depending on how far you are willing to travel. All jobs are basically installing new peripherals and remove old ones. Sometimes there are needs to reconfigure and at times the job becomes highly technical such as when configuring routers and or switches.
Pros
Gaining a lot of technical experience
Cons
Not enough work per week
Smartsource LLC
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJuly 12, 2017
Great place to work out, competitive wages from $15.00 per hour up to $60.00 per hour pending on the client/customers needs etc. Awesome IT skills gained while working for this listing agency and its clients. Paid hours onsite and even drive time both ways. Administrative time was even paid as well, this includes emails, paperwork online and in the field, digital pictures taken, cost per printed page compensation, expenses such as food, fuel and travel all paid and reimbursed, online dash board time paid. Overall a great place to work. I'd love to go back to work for them but sadly they are not returning my calls or emails. I am however still listed in their data base as an agent in my area. Just clients and customers are choosing other agencies to list their needs with.
Contract Work
IT Contractor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 7, 2017
My workday usually consisted of 6 hrs or less, with scheduled contracts 3 to 4 times a month. My primary work has been with Banking Institutions in the Lansing area, with basic work consisting of PC Setups to Repairing Systems
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Work not Consistant
Provides the necessary tools to get the job done.
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 28, 2017
It's a good company to work for the people very helpful. The company is productive in getting the job done. Working for this company they make sure you are payed on time and correctly because management make sure they go over the hours with you before they submit it so you don't have any issues come pay day.
Temp agency that cared about their clients
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
worked mostly converting stores for the Y2K updates all over New York City. I got to see parts of New York that I normally do not do as a person who lives in the city.
Pros
good pay and interesting work
Cons
a lot of travel
productive company that pays well
Consulant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 1, 2017
Great company to work for days can be long but they want to pqy you for every minute you work and make sure your check is on time and correct
Pros
Great assignments and pay
Cons
short notice of assignments
Great team.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Very friendly staff and helpful recruiters make the jobs easy and efficient. Smart source deals with the utmost professionalism.
Great temp company.
I.T Electronic Field technician / Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 14, 2016
I started to work for them as a contractor on many contracts. Well paid jobs and a great technical support team to back you up if you come across a problem.
Pros
Great pay and benefits after a year
Cons
If you take a small job, you have to wait 2-3 weeks to receive the pay
Professional dilligent recruiting agency a pleasure to work with
Computer Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 11, 2016
This recruiting agency for computer and technical support for leading companies has provided the needed experience with continued development of professionalism and skills required in the ever growing and fast paced field of computer support and technology.
Good Company
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Indiana, Kentucky, TennesseeNovember 21, 2015
If you are a consummate professional, they are more than happy to keep you working.

If you are willing to do more than the average technician, you will receive more gratitude from the recruiters and they will send you more work.
central Nebraska, server (Current Employee) –  usaNovember 2, 2015
repair and install new computer and networking systems and repair constantly train to maintain current certifications on equipment and vendor procedured
Pros
various work sites
Cons
lack of work
good company
Technology Contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 9, 2015
This company although good. this was a contract. the coworkers were great. but the benefits weren't so great. The management was ok to work for
Pros
it was ok
Cons
health care
Short term projects
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 10, 2015
Not enough work to keep me going in this area which is the reason I'm seeking long term work.

• Various short term refresh projects, 2-3 days in length
• Mentor Jr. team members
• Design DoD (Department of Defense) security procedures for hardware taken off-site and also decommissioned equipment for or disposal.
Cons
Contract postion