Smart Start Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAMarch 31, 2019
Smart Start is for children who have never been in a school setting, but will be attending kindergarten when the new school year starts. The children are taught basic skills to help them ease into a school setting.
Work Life
Quality Control Technician/ Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 28, 2019
I miss this job sooooo much! And I also miss the people it was awesome! This job got me through a lot of hardships in my lifetime. I seriously recommend this place to anyone who enjoy music while working, hilarious coworkers, working long hours, and just plain FUN!
Industry Leader
Judicial Services Liaison (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Overall good experience with Smart Start. Organizational Changes have led to many departing for greener pastures. If you are not a member of "The Tall Man's Club", you are somewhat ignored.
Pros
Good field bosses
Cons
Organizational changes not well thought out.
Making a difference.
Call Center Specialist / Admin Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 3, 2019
This company saves lives. They make a difference. Internally has its ups and downs like most jobs. But it's a company you can be proud to work for. Family environment.
No sense of community
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 26, 2018
No appearance of a sound employee cohesiveness and a sense of distant relationship between employees and management even though food is supplied at times to employees.. You need to be a very faster learner or else you may lose your employment with the company. Profanity used in high doses which could be conceived as lack if professionalism. Hope it has changed since I left.
Pros
Occasion spreads
Cons
Lack of Cohesiveness and professionalism.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 23, 2018
Great place to work. Family oriented team work.staff and management are awesome always keep you updated on your job duties and helpful in anyway. They help get the job done and train for advancement in depts within .
Average call center experience
Call center (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 1, 2018
Fast paced, competitive environment. High turn over rate, which they are working on. But, no path for advancement. You stay busy, so the time passes quickly.
Lots of downtime no management
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2018
Management does not care other shops will lock doors and leave early causing it to get slammed for your shop they don’t reimburse for shop supplies that have been taken
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Hour lunch
Steady Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 12, 2018
Smart Start is a great company, but due to ever changing management and an inconsistency in the chain of command it's a bit difficult to build a life around this job.
Pros
Good benefits, Steady job
Cons
Sometimes stressful environment, Inconsistent scheduling
I volunteered
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2018
I volunteered I never worked there but if I had to work there I would be okay with that I would just have to have a car cuz without a car you can't work there
Pros
Great environment
Produ
General Laborer/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 18, 2017
Productive and fun work place , free lunches and basic skills. Friendly and supportive managers , reliable training and easy environment to work with the other employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
nice place
Pre-school Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2017
i liked to work there, it was a nice place to work, people were friendly.
i learned a lot with the kids and their parents, i also had my workplace very clean.
Employee's are very good perople /Great company
Call Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 24, 2017
When Multipule people complain about 1 person in a call center. that problem needs to be removed. The work place can be so much calmer, as long as reps stay calm.

Typical day at work
Wake up come to work, sit on the phone with clients for 2 hours then get a 15 min break then 2 more hours of non stop calls. Then you get a iffy break sometimes 30 someties 45 sometimes an hour not set for lunch times. then I come back and about 45 minutes later get sent to my second break then my day is over after that I go home and do the same thing again the following day

What I have Learned
I have learned to stay calm with each client. makes the call go by faster.

They hear complains about certain people but haven't really done anything about the problem. its like a slap on the hand. but the problematic person doesn't even get in trouble. Haven't talked to CEO but he seems to be doing very well with all of these improvements.

Workplace Culture:
Well its Quiet most of the times. We don't get up walk around its easy communication between each rep and supervisors.

The hardest park of my job
It would have to be the clients that nothing we have works for them and they just continue to call and get the same answers and tell us we are wrong.

Most enjoyable moments:
My coworkers and my boss, the conversations we can have that are not work related
Pros
Free lunch, Outings, Team lunches, The whole call center pot lucks
Cons
Rude, disrespectfull employees who think they are better than each everyone
Do not work here
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 7, 2017
The owner is absorbed with money and doesn't care about the staff, children, or the parents. Lies about moving up in the company, as well as what he can pay you and should pay you, also does not give you benefits like he says he will.
Pros
The children
Cons
Owner
I absoutely loved working here fun helpful exeperince.
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 14, 2017
I think smart start was so far in my all my years of working the best place I worked I learned so much through smart start
. great management great team members loving place they care about your well being only reason why I am not there is due to me having knee surgery.
Pros
can expand, good pay helpful team
Cons
could have had better communication
Productive in some ways
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 6, 2017
I say it was stressful because I dealt with many emotional customers calling in about the unit not working for them as well as complaints about the laws in their state that I could do little or nothing about.
Interesting
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 6, 2017
The atmosphere is very interesting. Summertime attendance is low so hours may not be available. No benefits. Very diverse culture and must have a love for working with children of all types
No longer open
Aid/ lead Teacher for Before and After care (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, MDMay 25, 2017
Was not a good place of employment. It was shut down due to lack of care. Lots of complaints. It was not a cultured place of business. The director was not lisenced.
Pros
Not one
Cons
Not cultured
Not an organized or professional work place.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 22, 2017
Management had poor organization and managing skills. Since they were in control of schedules, non were done properly for tutors. Would had multiple incidences where I would go to meet with a student and find out they did not request me, then the management would realize "oh, that's right, you're not supposed to meet with that student". This was just not a professional or organized work place for me to work at.
Productive and Self-paced
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 27, 2017
I really like my current job the work is definitely not easy but I've learned and I like to think a pretty good. I get all the OT I want but the the pay is not enough to take care of my real life responsibilities. Also the work place is small it's only a team of 10 which mean more conversation and more drama the work environment is a complete mess and I really want something new.
Pros
Nice Boss
Cons
Messy Environment and Not enough pay