SMART Culture reviews

Not a good place for me
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 25, 2017
A typical day at work is very slow and I learned how to manage my time and others. Management there is almost nonexistent, they don't come around much. The person I work with is good, she just is not happy with the company and the pay. The hardest thing about the job is sitting there day after day with not a lot of customers and the need. The thing I most enjoy about the job is that it is almost like having my own company and being able to build relationships with my customers.
Pros
Free services for yourself
Supportive environment;
Fundraising Database Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 1, 2017
Coworkers are friendly and enthusiastic. High cooperation between all levels of the organization. Most staff also volunteer as readers, which is a great change from the office routine and a good motivator.
Wonderful experience with a sense of growth
Intern/Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 23, 2016
Amazing experience, amazing collaborators and work partners. Very professional when it came to work, yet very relaxed when it came to interpersonal relationships. All in a beautiful location!
Fast paced / heavy workload with limited resources
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 19, 2016
In my time at Smart and Final I learned a lot about managing a retail business. Once I reached the position of Store Manager my career came to a stand still. My District Manager was in role my entire career at Smart and Final, and is currently still in role. This did not allow much opportunity past Store Manager. Many of my peers had been Store Managers for 10+ years and in some cases 20+. Days off were split and in many cases very limited time between shifts.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
limited resources
workful but dangerous place if not careful
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALApril 4, 2016
good environment everybody comes in and goes straight to work
the break room can be a peaceful place sometimes and the co workers are really nice people to get along with .
Maintenance technitian
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALJanuary 4, 2016
Very High tech and interesting company to work for which offered many advancement opportunities and plenty of overtime. Very diverse work environment offering opportunities for exposure to other cultures. work environment was high paced and sometimes enjoyable. Learned a lot about robotics and industrial maintenance thru participation with my co-workers and maintenance team. the hardest part of the job was teaching the robots and the most enjoyable part was seeing the robots operate successfully after teaching them.
Pros
New company with growth potential
Cons
Limited time off
Productive and organized workplace.
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Large PressDecember 10, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of basically hard work, teamwork, and I would have to say it would be very competitive. I learned a lot working in this environment, such things as: safety precautions, being very attentive and focused, and lots of discipline. Discipline not meaning someone being in trouble but as if everything being in compliance and on schedule. Everyone being where they're supposed to be. I can't say there was a hard part of the day for me. I can however say my most enjoyable part of work was knowing I was doing a job that mattered!
Pros
We were given 5 breaks throughout the day.
Cons
The breaks were short.
they didn't want me to leave, had to for personal reasons
Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 10, 2014
great place to work for, i wanted to stay
great management
great co-workers
its ok
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 25, 2013
great staff and team

coworkers worked together

pay wasn't that great

I love working with my clients
private security company
TECH MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  atlanta, gaDecember 12, 2012
great, fun place to work; great support staff and supervisors, lots of learning experience acquired
Pros
free concert tickets
Cons
long hours that pay off in the end
Great place if you have no life
Liaison (Animation Technician) (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAApril 11, 2012
This is a great place to make some serious cash. Management can sometimes be a bit harsh as I experienced it for myself. If you have a proactive lifestyle, this isn't the place for you. You can also learn more if you apply yourself. The hardest part is sometimes you have to work mega overtime with or without a lunch.
Pros
all
Cons
management