Smarte Carte Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting place to work.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2018
Great place to be employed. you interact with thousand of people per day. We provide a needed service to travelers from across the world. The massage chairs add a bit of relaxation while traveling. More advertisement is need for the chairs to really do there best.
Pros
allowed me to travel and meet a lot of people
Cons
not enough hours to run the airport services at it best.
I recommend working at Smarte Carte
Sales (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJune 12, 2018
It's the best job that I've had thus far. I enjoy working at the home office and think that I'm able to work collaboratively with my co-workers. There are issues that are common to office based work, including office gossip and certain hostile attitudes, but overall this is a good place to work.
Great company with wonderful people
Attorney (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMay 3, 2018
Fun and growing company with smart and engaged employees. From my first day, I was warmly welcomed by team members across the organization. There are many exciting opportunities to learn and grow, working on challenging projects that directly impact the company's success. Leaders have a strong commitment to work-life balance and team/employee development.
Pros
team-oriented; open door policy; career advancement
Cons
corporate office is a somewhat old and dated
Lots of management lacking
Cart Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2018
Constantly giving complaint about how other employess don’t do their jobs but nothing gets done about it. Team work is very poor, equipment fails a lot also.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
No team work, no collaboration
Enjoyable place to work.
Customer Service / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNFebruary 25, 2018
Fun, fast paced environment. Enjoyed working with the public and field technicians. Working front counter was pretty difficult to get approved time off.
Pros
Great co-workers, Holiday parties, benefits.
Cons
Never knew when your position would be eliminated.
Fast pace great company to work for.
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 31, 2018
Great crew. Flexible 40 to 60 hours worth of work to do weekly. Management is great to work under. Hardest part of the job long hours and long drives between locations.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Long drives. 4 year old car place 180k miles on it.
Relaxed and Fun Paced
Locker Technician/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 16, 2018
As a seasonal job this was a fun and relaxed one. You are standing most of your shift and do a lot of walking. The pay was okay not bad. The hardest part of the job was making sure you total correct amount made for the day.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
standing most of the shift
Smarte Carte
Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 9, 2018
Fast paced environment. Also ensure to adequately retrieve the carts and returning to their designated location.

Developed skills of being dependable, ability to work independently and complete given tasks with given timeframes.
Rewarding but Uncomfortable
Cart Staff (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WADecember 4, 2017
Working here helped with my customer service skills and the pay was really good bu the customer were hard to deal with at times. Shedules from manger were sent out really late from manager so it was hard to plan life around the inconsistency.
a good company
Carte Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 27, 2017
This job is more physically demanding. I enjoyed it because it was a constantly moving job. but as far as job benefits, there weren't any. I learned a lot about the airport and found opportunities to get to know employees of the airlines and such. But I was usually left alone to work, without much help from my coworkers or management due to scheduling. It is a very self-reliant job, so I learned how to be diligent and be responsible for my time and work.
Pros
unlimited breaks, gate access, great work out.
Cons
no benefits.
Fast paced and stressful
Interim Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2017
A day at Smarte Carte, Inc within SFO International Airport is a fast paced yet highly productive due to constant moving parts. The job can get stressful at times due to a heavily congested work area which is the airport but the employees in which I manage are what makes it enjoyable. I have learned quite a lot since joining the company three years ago such as managing a large group of employees for s standard 8 hour shift as well as time management and multi-tasking based off of priorities. The culture for the company is a collaborative one due to a constant promotion of team over individual time of mindset every day. Lastly, the hardest part of the job is not really the job itself though it can get physically taxing at times especially when foot traffic is heavy, but rather the pay I am given just not equate to the amount of work I am held responsible for.
Pros
Paid vacation, employees, and culture
Cons
Compensation, work hours, workload, and lack of career advancement opportunities
Great place to get your feet wet.
Assistant Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part about working with SmarteCarte, Inc. is the employees you work with. Be it as an Associate or a Manager, the employees hard work and attitudes are what define the company. It's a great place to start as an entry-level manager.
Pros
Great employees!
Cons
Management is underpaid.
Good Exercise
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2017
The time I've spent there was a fair one. At times, the other employees are hard to work is because of the language barrier, but I can sometimes understand them. I'm always on my feet and meeting different kinds of people.
Pros
Meeting celebrities
Cons
Broken carts
cool people but bad pay
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2017
they really work with my school schedule but the amount of labor I do isnt worth minimum wage. I do like getting paid every week though.
Pros
always active, new faces
Cons
rude people, low pay
Smarte
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDNovember 21, 2016
Work is fine. Always liked the managers and staff. Operated out of Six Flags and the airport. I would suggest for part time work. Also great for high school kids.
loved working here
Lead Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MANovember 16, 2016
awesome place to work for. I moved up fairly quickly because I worked hard and proved myself. from a cashier to a lead and was treating with respect by my peers and managers.
Pros
move up quickly
Cons
no pay increase
Airport Enviorment is awesome
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2016
The people of the company are awesome, however management can be a overwhelming with expectations and low wages compared to rest of the airport jobs.
A generally productive atmosphere.
Security & Service Associate (Current Employee) –  John F. Kennedy International AirportOctober 26, 2014
A typical day at work involves assisting customers with information and access to luggage carts. As this is a very interactive job it also includes keeping calm when dealing with difficult passengers. You also have to be vigilant and loom out for any possible safety violations.
I loved my job at Smarte Carte
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNOctober 13, 2014
Great co-workers. Fun and pleasant working conditions. Enjoyed speaking to managers for Smarte Carte Locations in several countries. Changing product lines were a challenge. Interesting business model after working with a huge international company, Motorola. Smarte Carte imploded several opportunities for employee improvement by continue education, classes and work assistants.
Pros
Short driving distance from home
Cons
Less and less company meetings created an atmosphere of uncertanity.
Entry level job
Carte Attendant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2014
Gathering Carts throughout PDX Airport.
co workers were great.
Pros
10+ Miles of walking a day with total Freedom
Cons
Minimum wage without raises or benifets