SMARTECH & Associates, LP Employee Reviews

Entry level IT job
I.T. Contractor, World Wide Tech Services (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 20, 2018
This job is good to get some job experience but don't expect to make any money because you won't. You will get about 1-2 calls a day and you are only paid $20 per call. I only stayed there to get experience in the I.T. field.
Pros
Make your own shedule. Management is very professional. Job is not to difficult.
Cons
Not enough workload. Pay sucks
Official response from SMARTECH & Associates, LP
December 26, 2018

We want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We hear your frustration with pay; however, having an open discussion can sometimes be beneficial, but we make no promises. We also do not have any control over the call volume in the area. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact us by emailing hr@smartech-csi.com so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you again for the feedback.

With Gratitude,

SMARTECH

Awesome company culture.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 14, 2018
Everyone is so friendly and collaborative. The CEO really cares. Very understanding atmosphere, very close niche work team, and I enjoy the desk space I received.
Pros
1 hour lunch, great office.
Cons
None.
Official response from SMARTECH & Associates, LP
December 17, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to post this review—and we agree, our CEO truly does care! We strive to create an open culture at SMARTECH, L.P. and value feedback so that we can become an even better company.

Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2018
If you are looking for a company to grow with this is the one! Lots of opportunity to grow and expand yourself. Management team cares about their employees.
Great place to work!
Director of Operations and Business Development (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2018
Lots of room to grow. Great opportunities. Great entry path for new technicians. Free certifications for those that qualify. Recruiting group is passionate and cares about all employees.
Only Been there one month
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2018
Haven't had any problems working there for last month. Calls are assigned in morning & you have to work them throughout the day & close calls once you \have finished them
productive and fun workplace
st Line ATM technician trainee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
had a great time working there, owner was fair and nice and the other workers as well,safe working conditions i dont have any complaints about the position or company
hmm
Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 2, 2018
Not enough work to make decent money for the area I was in.... Policy of not hiring on to places that I had been for 18 months was a deal breaker for me.
Stressful but satisfying
REPAIR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  TampaOctober 24, 2018
Working for smartech can be extremely stressful as you need to schedule appointments with many clients per day and will need to do a lot of driving. Getting into the swing of it can be a little chaotic at first but once you get used to the daily grind it can be quite fun. You get to see many interesting places while performing service calls on client machines.
Great place
Dell Certified Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work and fun place to work. this is a on site job and the jobs are few and far between, but you do get to meet new people. I would recommend this position to any beginner
Awful.
Lead Dell Field Technician NW Arkansas (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 4, 2018
I have nothing good to say about working for Smartech. It is a rachet. I would not recommend to my worst enemy working for this company. They are a joke.
Pros
Cons
Working for Smartech

Want to know more about SMARTECH & Associates, LP?

Ask a question
No review
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2018
There's nothing really noteworthy about it except the scenery from driving from place to place. You spend more time on the road than doing repairs here.
Pros
Loads of free time
Cons
Pay is not so great
Be careful working for them
pc tech (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 10, 2018
You are paid per job and you can end up in the hole on your jobs working for them. Very poor communication when it comes to some things. You can not start your calls until mid morning because they don't get them out fast enough. Also you have to use two separate ticket systems and update your calls by noon that you just started on two hours ago. There is a lot of red tape, and wasted time.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
everything else
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 31, 2018
You accept tickets and call clients to set up appointments
pick up parts at depot
and repair various Dell products

Flexible schedule not too much driving
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Sometime work isn't consistent
Good Entry level position
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 1, 2018
This was a great entry level job in the IT/Support field. All expenses and training was paid. This was a great learning experience and opportunity for me.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Travel
Be careful what you accept
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2018
24-hour on call status, even if you're not told so. Must accept phone calls at ANY hour, day or night. Traveling 1000 miles per week is not uncommon.
Pros
steady work, can set your own hours
Cons
See review
Not worth it
Contractor computer technician (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 9, 2018
Cost me more to work for them then they paid me. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone what so ever the pay to work ration is BS and doesn't help at all.
Work at your own pace
Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere, no pressure stress less environment. really enjoyed a lot of the people I met by going to different companies throughout the Lafayette and surrounding areas.
Great Workplace
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2017
A nice place to work. Lots of opportunity for anyone looking for an entry level position in the IT industry. The compensation plan could be better, but the work environment is a relaxed and other staff members work together as a goal oriented team.
Pros
Wonderful team
Cons
Compensation plans low
Work at your own pace
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 22, 2017
You get paid per job (about 18 per computer repair). It's bad that you get the same pay for a laptop and a desktop even though laptops take much more time to repair.
Pros
You get a chance to get certifications through them (Dell)
Cons
Not enough work through the week.
Contract position, work a lot to get dumped
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 18, 2017
I worked quite a bit and one day the work just kinda stopped. I was not informed of any drop in work or that I was doing a bad job or anything. I simply just stopped getting sent calls. The pay was great. I only ever met one co-worker, never met the manager or recruiter or any other team members. I was told that after being on contract for a couple months that I would be hired on as a regular employee making more and using a company vehicle. This never happened and the manager and recruiter seemed to have forgotten all about this conveniently. If you know the basics of computers and can swap out a laptop motherboard in an hour, and like driving, you'll do fine. The hardest part was tracking down the people at different locations, and finding a parking spot.
Pros
Pay, going new places daily, freedom
Cons
Never meeting coworkers, using personal vehicle, sudden stop of calls with no reasoning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMARTECH & Associates, LP. Our community is ready to answer.

SMARTECH & Associates, LP Reviews by Location