SmartPak Equine LLC Employee Reviews

Not what you'd expect!
SmartPak SmartBarn Services (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 22, 2018
SmartPak is the home of healthy horses and happy riders but the culture amongst employees isn't quite that. Hourly positions are paid on a salary basis, required to work weekends and not compensated appropriately for industry standards and cost of living. While the benefits, discounts and dog friendly office are amazing, the lack of job advancement is minimal.
Pros
benefits, discounts, dog friendly office
Cons
lack of career advancement, employee appreciation
Could be great
Outside and Inside Sales Representative, Northeast (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 1, 2018
Long hours are tough on people who don't want to try to keep up with the go getters on the team.

A lot of the middle management was brought up from internal hiring, without enough training, but programs were eventually put in place to help with that.

Management makes up their mind with no conversation.
Great for the relaxed
Office (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 1, 2018
If to you, the most important quality in a job is to be in a relaxed environment with chill people, this is the office for you. If you're looking for career advancement, this office is probably too slow-paced for you.
fun place to work the 2nd shift hours did not work for me
wharehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 2, 2018
love that the company is equine based but the hours were tough 3:30-11:30 and i preferred working days. Would love to work here again but in a different area
Average work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Natick, MANovember 15, 2017
The team is amazing, if you are looking for a culture that builds you up this is the job for you. Not to mention you get to talk about horses to customers all day long. At times it can be stressful being a fast paced environment but it is extremely rewarding and you are never alone. Your team has your back. The culture has created a mini family environment of like minded, friendly, horse people.
A Monet
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 13, 2017
Pretty from afar, visibly a cluster once up close.

It was very obvious from the beginning this was a boys club and men called the shots in the office. Lots of cliques based on who's been there longest and things getting done was totally done on a "people I like more get theirs first" mentality, which is a shame because there are good people busting their butts there. Culture is moving away from hiring actual equestrians to do the jobs and hiring corporate people with no horse experience - aka missing basic common sense and who their customer is & what in a product is desirable. I wanted it to be as amazing as I'd hoped, but after 3 years it became evident there was no room for growth internally and that 2% raises annually were what they thought to be acceptable for people with families. Annual check-ins with HR for feedback occurred and both times during my tenure that I had one, it began with "we know salaries are low, but we can't fix that". There's effort to make employees happy, but it's more forced fun that anything.

Generally speaking, unless you're an executive and can hide in your office, it's not the best place to work.
very unprofessional
Certified Shipper (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMay 1, 2017
the boss donot work they sit down all day. bosses flirt with the employees alot of drama the bosses have their favoirte employees who get special privelages
medication for horses
Professional team member (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 16, 2016
Every time i head into work , you can smell the medications but before anything we had to wear our head nets and white jacket so that way we don't stain our clothes .I learned that when putting medication scoops on the trays that it have to be exact . It couldn't be too much or less . The management was always energetic and fun making the workers have fun while working . There's really nothing hard about the job at all . The most enjoyable is when we get to go home at 130 in the morning .
Pros
getting paid weekly
smell
Great company to work for!
Director of User Experience (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 21, 2014
- Big focus and investment on employee's personal and job growth
- Highly collaborative team culture
- Very progressive and data centric organization. No egos, data rules at the end of the day
dart board
Machine Operator/Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMarch 19, 2014
smells nasty but easy work environment, co workers keep to themselves
Pros
maintain own area
Cons
smell like horse medicine and dog food
Software Developer
Software Developer, Project Release Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 18, 2013
Interesting work for a Fortune 500 start up, Angel funded company. Fun environment.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Overnight releases!!
Great people and always a pleasure working there.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MANovember 25, 2013
The job overall was great. I learned how to organize materials in a fast pace work area. My co-workers were nice, hard working people. The hardest part of the job was the limited amount of space that was given to work in. The thing I enjoyed the most about it was the work atmosphere there everything just fun and productive.
Pros
Free snack, games.
warehouse
Hair Stylist Self Employer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth MASeptember 24, 2012
Its a warehouse so i did alot of picking orders
About my co-workers they really didnt speak any english
First time working in a warehouse so i learned how to pick orders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SmartPak Equine LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight