Smartronix Employee Reviews

Great Company
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 22, 2018
I have had a great time working with Smartronix. They really try to take care of their employees when possible. They are great about getting the right supplies and equipment to get the job done.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Pay, Great Atmosphere, Certification Reimbursement
Cons
Small Footprint
Potential for great employment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Great and easy job to do, but pay is the biggest downfall. Company negotiates extremely low in comparison to industry pay for same titles. Not stressful work, but indeed tedious. Possibility for overtime, but not often.
Pros
work life balance, easy work, no micro management, encouraged time off
Cons
low pay, not much overtime available, low opportunity for advancement
A good steady job, but limited opportunities and only OK pay
Sr. Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 21, 2018
Not much to say. The company does what's necessary, but doesn't seem to go out of their way for their contract staff. I would work for them again, but would only do so for better pay.
Pros
The company isn't too large or too small. Reasonable benefits
Cons
Pay is on the low side of average
Senior Functional Expert Consultant (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 15, 2018
I wish they had never lost the contract, because I really enjoyed working with Smartronix. They were one of the best, no doubt about it. Hope I get to work for them again at some point.
Pros
Matching 401K
Cons
Can't think of any
Smartronix
Web/System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Smartronix is a great place to work. It is a dynamic, talented, over-achieving, customer focused, and flexible work force which includes the best of engineering talent from around the world!
Small company good environment
Master Planner (Subject Matter Expert) (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDOctober 11, 2017
This company is family friendly and concerned about employee well being. Since Smartronix is a small company, growth within the company is dependent on the contracts won.
Pros
Telecommuting
innovative
Senior Clinical Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I worked in a non-typical position but would be great for people working in traditional IT roles.
This is all I have to say but needed to make 150 characters
Great Place
Security Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 14, 2017
Great place to work for! The management is accessible, caring, and involved. The benefits are the best I have ever received in the contracting world. The build great teams.
Great Company!
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2017
Family oriented company, personal and everyone was very nice. CEO of the company took my wife and I out to nice dinner with other employees in the area. Company made me feel right at home. No complaints
Pros
Good Benefits/People
Cons
Contract ended so had to leave
Great Company that cares about their employees.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDJuly 29, 2017
Smartronix is a great company that allows for CWS, and has many educational opportunities for their employees. It is a family feel environment that allows for upward mobility.
Flexible work with great benefits
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The work was not hard, but there were too many barriers to getting the job done quickly and efficiently. I encountered too many obstacles just to complete one day of work. The training process was inconsistent and inadequate as well. The work expectations did not align very well with the training that was offered. I would have liked to have worked in another department because there were better managers and opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Government contract
Solid, moving focus from Military to Cloud
Lead Information Assurance Engineer, CAC2S (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2017
Afforded me advancement in single provider roles. but failed to promote and/or retain exceptional personnel. Appear to be migrating from previous focus in military contracts to AWS and cloud services due to market conditions and difficulty maintaining profitability under Government contract constructs.
Pros
benefits solid
Cons
lip service to employee value
ok
Engineering Technician II (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 21, 2017
I had a ok experience working with Smartronix. I did not like that fast that there are a lot of people that work there that are friends of friends or family and that is how they got there job.
work life
Recruiter/Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, MDJune 13, 2017
work life balance is good for most part
work hard play hard

Management has a good feel for the work required and rewards those that do it and provide extra when needed.
Productive and fun place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 20, 2017
Excellent team work with assignment groups. Balanced job work/life with flexible schedules. Great benefits package for employees. Excellent management
Start Up Company
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAMarch 29, 2017
This was a start up and treated their employees VERY well all the way around. I enjoyed working for them and would still be there if it was for loss of contract. I would highly recommend them.
Transformation and ideation are key
Capacity and Strategy Plan (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FlMarch 13, 2017
Really enjoy the creativity and culture of connectivity. Alot of flexibility and geared towards employee support. While at a branch office, HQ was always available to assist us with our contract and employment needs.
Great Company
Information Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VADecember 15, 2016
Great Company to work for but the mission of the client or the employee comes first. Great Benefits, Great opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge.
Promising, but stagnant.
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 2, 2016
Smartronix's CloudAssured division is an MSP spin-off of an older, more established company. As such, it's kind of a weird mishmash of cultures.

On the plus side, they've got a niche for themselves doing security and governance related work in the cloud for Federal, State, and DoD/DoJ agencies. So they've got some income and stability.

On the down side, their internal processes are really poorly developed. No code sharing (github, etc) or commitment to scaling resources internally. No chat tool to bring the distributed workforce together. Communication and project management is essentially done by email. WAY too many "business analysts" and project managers that aren't really doing anything. Some of whom happen to be friends/family of the owners.

There are some great people here, but a lot of the "vision" and drive is stuck at the lower ranks, politically. Progress is really hampered by a relatively stagnant older crowd of partners, their family, etc., who have all "made it" within the company and see no reason to change.

Unfortunately this is affecting our profitability and our ability to grow and retain the staff that actually does the work. The younger, <40 crowd of DevOps, Solution Architects, Software Engineers, etc. that this industry runs on.
Pros
Experience in government contracting
Cons
Poor professional development
Good learnin experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 1, 2016
decent company experiencing growing pains. They will not survive unless the cloud unit can become more organized. The training program isn't the greatest and for a company of that size 650+ they should have a more structured system.