Smartronix Employee Reviews

Best Small Company
ePO Engineer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 17, 2018
SMARTRONIX is hands down the best small company to work for. You will not be another COG in the wheel as most of the personnel know each other on a first name basis.
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 31, 2018
Plenty of contracts to hop on. Room for transfers within the company. Has contracts across the country Only thing I don't like is the high deductibles in health insurance plan.
Smart
Network Admin (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDJune 20, 2018
Smartronix is a great company to work for. I loved every second. Plenty of opportunity for promotion and advancement. i would highly recommend working for them
Flexible schedule and servant leadership
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2018
I love working at Smartronix since I have always wanted to work from home. The program manager is very interested in helping out employees understand their delegated tasks and help them meet goals. No micromanaging at all in fact I see program manager having servant leadership style. Best place I have ever worked at despite the fact that it’s telecommute there’s interaction via video calls from Business Skype. Love it!
Pros
Work from home
Great
WEB DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 13, 2018
Loved the Company, had a fun time working here. Management was
good for specific contracts. Benefits are not so good, seeking better elsewhere. Would recommend company.
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 8, 2018
If you don't have to interact with the company on a daily basis then the job is fantastic! Being on a contract gives the employee the ability to work within their specific set of skills & have an opportunity to excel & grow. However, problems arise when we have to work directly with management back in Maryland.

With our home office being across the country it can be difficult to communicate with upper management. The company leadership wants to keep a "small business" feel, however, it is growing exponentially every year. Unfortunately, because of this craving to keep everything in house, the field offices have to check in with the home office constantly & it feels like we are not trusted to make our own decisions.
Great Company
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 22, 2018
I have had a great time working with Smartronix. They really try to take care of their employees when possible. They are great about getting the right supplies and equipment to get the job done.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Pay, Great Atmosphere, Certification Reimbursement
Cons
Small Footprint
Potential for great employment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Great and easy job to do, but pay is the biggest downfall. Company negotiates extremely low in comparison to industry pay for same titles. Not stressful work, but indeed tedious. Possibility for overtime, but not often.
Pros
work life balance, easy work, no micro management, encouraged time off
Cons
low pay, not much overtime available, low opportunity for advancement
A good steady job, but limited opportunities and only OK pay
Sr. Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 21, 2018
Not much to say. The company does what's necessary, but doesn't seem to go out of their way for their contract staff. I would work for them again, but would only do so for better pay.
Pros
The company isn't too large or too small. Reasonable benefits
Cons
Pay is on the low side of average
Senior Functional Expert Consultant (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 15, 2018
I wish they had never lost the contract, because I really enjoyed working with Smartronix. They were one of the best, no doubt about it. Hope I get to work for them again at some point.
Pros
Matching 401K
Cons
Can't think of any
Smartronix
Web/System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Smartronix is a great place to work. It is a dynamic, talented, over-achieving, customer focused, and flexible work force which includes the best of engineering talent from around the world!
Small company good environment
Master Planner (Subject Matter Expert) (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDOctober 11, 2017
This company is family friendly and concerned about employee well being. Since Smartronix is a small company, growth within the company is dependent on the contracts won.
Pros
Telecommuting
Great Place
Security Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 14, 2017
Great place to work for! The management is accessible, caring, and involved. The benefits are the best I have ever received in the contracting world. The build great teams.
Great Company!
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2017
Family oriented company, personal and everyone was very nice. CEO of the company took my wife and I out to nice dinner with other employees in the area. Company made me feel right at home. No complaints
Pros
Good Benefits/People
Cons
Contract ended so had to leave
Great Company that cares about their employees.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDJuly 29, 2017
Smartronix is a great company that allows for CWS, and has many educational opportunities for their employees. It is a family feel environment that allows for upward mobility.
Flexible work with great benefits
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The work was not hard, but there were too many barriers to getting the job done quickly and efficiently. I encountered too many obstacles just to complete one day of work. The training process was inconsistent and inadequate as well. The work expectations did not align very well with the training that was offered. I would have liked to have worked in another department because there were better managers and opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Government contract
Solid, moving focus from Military to Cloud
Lead Information Assurance Engineer, CAC2S (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2017
Afforded me advancement in single provider roles. but failed to promote and/or retain exceptional personnel. Appear to be migrating from previous focus in military contracts to AWS and cloud services due to market conditions and difficulty maintaining profitability under Government contract constructs.
Pros
benefits solid
Cons
lip service to employee value
ok
Engineering Technician II (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 21, 2017
I had a ok experience working with Smartronix. I did not like that fast that there are a lot of people that work there that are friends of friends or family and that is how they got there job.
work life
Recruiter/Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, MDJune 13, 2017
work life balance is good for most part
work hard play hard

Management has a good feel for the work required and rewards those that do it and provide extra when needed.
Productive and fun place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 20, 2017
Excellent team work with assignment groups. Balanced job work/life with flexible schedules. Great benefits package for employees. Excellent management