SmartSource Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sporadic work load but can set your own pace
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2018
The work would come in mass at sporadic times. There was a lot of work when it came around and you took the jobs you wanted that close. You work from your home. A project manager calls you when they get a contract with a client and asks you if you're interested in any of the jobs associated with the contract.
Pros
Pick your own jobs and work at your own pace
Cons
No way of tracking customer satisfaction for the actual worker. PM gets all the credit.
Family oriented work place
IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 20, 2018
Great family like atmosphere like any job it can be stressful at time. Project and Staff Aug. recruiting. Provides tools and support for success. Be careful not to over work yourself
Excellent place to work
Contractor-Various Corporate Companies (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 3, 2018
Able to choose which jobs you wanted without being penalized for denying jobs. Contract work in your immediate area focused on your skills and abilities.
Pros
Flexible
just a contract job
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 7, 2018
this was a contract job and I didn't think much about it until this forced me to write something. I didn't learn anything and just want this to end quickly.
Day to Day
Cradlepoint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 7, 2018
My day to day consisted of doing, Cradlepoint kits and field work. As the specialist of CP, I was responsible for designing, building and maintaining CP kit for field technicians. I also visited the field on a normal when my office time for kits was limited.
On-Call is hard
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the work, and interacting with the various clients and their respective customers. The pay-per-job was fairly reasonable. The work was usually straightforward, and well within my skill set and training. I was delighted that training was available for new jobs, etc. I learned a few new things working with Smartsource, Inc. I was given opportunities to lead, work as a team member, and to work individually. I had a great rapport with the various clients/staff all over Northern California and the Bay Area. I would have liked to receive more travel pay and accommodations for some of the more distant/longer-lasting jobs. Sometimes I wish the recruiters/coordinators knew the local geography better.
Pros
Training available, pay-per-job reasonable, friendly and professional staff
Cons
On-call, travel-expectations, untrained colleagues/lazy colleagues
Per Call
IT (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NeMarch 12, 2018
Work at own pace, depends upon available openings on any given day. Support when needed was responsive and accurate. The actual work is performed at customer location, usually home but sometimes on site at business.
This is a great company to work for.
IT Specialist, Systems Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 3, 2018
They are a great company to work for. I have enjoyed the positions that they have had for me. I was referred to the position by a friend. I have had several different locations that I have worked for them at.
Not enough hours
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 27, 2018
Working with Smart Source was just OK. Jobs were few and far between and the staff didn't seem to know what the other staff members were doing, i.e. you would be contacted for a job by one rep for a set amount of money, then contacted by a different rep for the same job at either a higher or lower rate. Only good thing about that was the ability to negotiate for a better rate.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not enough hours
n/a contract work
IT Migration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Good company, but projects planning are done in a fast passed way and create many gaps. Call center during massive projects implementation a manned by very few attendants and techs spend most of their time in the call queue.
Pros
Cons
nill
productive workplace
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILFebruary 12, 2018
good company work culture, focused on improving workplace culture technology etc, need improved communication between sales managers and recruiters. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with fellow employees
Computer contracting firm
Desktop Support Technical Support (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Locate local temporary and contract IT jobs in the bay area and specifically downtown San Francisco for various computer and business facility needs of local firms.
Cons
Work supply is random
Orientation made it easy
Field Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Covina, CADecember 5, 2017
It was a hardware migration job, attending orientation made the job task a breeze, i didn't intend to leave, worked only one week, though time was short, it was very memorable being it was my actual real world experience in the desktop field support realm. Our lead tech was very knowledgeable and willing to assist you.
Pros
Great team leader
Awesome place to work for.
Technician, lead technician (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 26, 2017
Awesome place to work for if you can get the assignments. I have done multiple assignments with SmartSource-Inc. and have enjoyed it. I would most definitely recommend.
Fantastic
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILNovember 3, 2017
Great contractor! Would find it hard to go with another agency. Offer of work is given ahead of time so scheduling has no collision. Good work, good pay, and very accommodating.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No work-load.
Great Side Hustle
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 27, 2017
This isn't really a full time position. It is a GREAT side hustle. When they have a big contract you stay busy. Time between the big contracts is slim pickins. They send out all of the available work up to a week in advance and offer lead tech or support tech. The pay is good and on time. I have shared this with my friends.
Pros
You pick your hours, Good pay on time
Cons
Sometimes there is no work
very courteous staff and i enjoy working with them
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 4, 2017
When projects become available i receive an email or phone call to inform me of the tasks and locations as well as rate. Then i choos the tasks i am interested in persuing.
Pros
Varied work with good hourly rates
Cons
Not always enough work
Steady work
Senior IT Recruiter/Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 22, 2017
Steady work with nice people.
Good location
Good trips
Hard work, long hours, little sleep.
They hire some very unseasoned people.
Project work here is awful and the people employed for them are treated horribly.
National Recruiting Technical Company
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 1, 2017
SmartSource Inc is a national organization staffed with technical talent recruiters that are assigned by client focus projects. This means that their employees are mostly telecommuters and the communication is not working most of the time.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Project/Jobs are not consistent
Fun work place
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILApril 26, 2017
At Smart Source I would travel to different companies to switch out computer equipment. I loved the job. I got to see new places and meet new people.