SmartStop Self Storage Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 4, 2018
The place had just changed ownership about a month before I worked there. It was completely unorganized. Learned to make the best of it even though a lot of customers were very unhappy about the transfer of ownership.
Company does not know how to manage
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2018
Make calls to new reservations. Collect payments. Make collection calls. Clean property and units. The company is new to storage world and they seem like they are always changing their ways on how to process work. The system that we work on runs slow through out the day making the daily tasks hard to complete.
Love what I do
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAMarch 16, 2018
I love where I work . Being able to learn more and more about the storage industry. The management is amazing! Always having great communication. Hours are great. Pay is great! I wouldn’t change this job for the world!
Pros
Hours, benefits, Pto, management
Cons
its a job that allows you to meet lots of diverse people
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAFebruary 21, 2018
you meet someone new almost every day, you are a type of psychologist as people come in and tell you there troubles and you are able to assist them in listening and helping them secure their personal belongings. If you have an awesome Manager you can certainly work your way up from Assistant Manager {person mostly making sure the facility is kept clean} to Manager that works mostly from inside the office.
Pros
meet amazing and interesting people
Cons
healthcare, Upper Management, Training
going out of business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CADecember 19, 2017
this company has a small minded CEO and is looking to sell or integrate with another dying business. I feel that this is a dead end stop for anyone trying to find a career but a useful boring job filled with homeless attacks and people using the bathroom in hallways.
Learned alot and grew as a manager thanks to the team in place.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLAugust 30, 2016
Hardest part of jobs was acution units. Very heartbreaking but as an employe i did everything that was in my power.i really liked working with my district. Manager she hwlpwd alot in my development as a property manager
Best Job
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 14, 2016
I miss my colleagues, the quality of life and the family environment--management generally cared about employees
fcjifoikyriohrftpoiyk4t5rhp;giyotrpoyh;4poyt5ytr4ykt45ytriefplgpoe24reweouif
Pros
compensation
Cons
instability
Smart Stop Storage
District Manager, SC & GA (Current Employee) –  Ladera Ranch, CANovember 18, 2015
As a district manager the typical day is spent visiting the locations within your market. This is were you work with the on site management to help them achieve that stores goals. You also spent time recruiting and training new team members. Finally you are also involved in the scouting, acquisition, and conversion of new stores into your market.
Pros
manage your own time and schedule
Cons
Was bought out by Extra Space and no longer exists
Good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 14, 2015
Enjoyed the variety of managing this self storage facility. Sales, customer service, collections, marketing. Good support from District manager. Decent benefits.
SmartStop
On-site Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 2, 2015
I managed two employees and was responsible for contacting leads on Salesforce; answering rental questions in person and over the phone; keeping facility clean; showing storage units; maintaining security; enforcing rules and gate hours; using Centershift, Salesforce, and Falcon software; move in paperwork; move out paperwork; end of the month paperwork; market surveys; petty cash, receipts, and mileage for everyone; ordering supplies; sending correct paperwork to tenants in regards to preliminary liens and notices of lien sale, preparing all files for auction, and executing auction until ExtraSpace Storage acquisition.
Pros
Limited Supervision with as much guidance as requested, helpful, easy to interact with upper management as well as other facility managers
Cons
Not organized
Relaxed work environment
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAMarch 27, 2015
I have learned to deal with different personalities, management is very helpful, my assistant is great, hardest part of my job is dealing with tenants who is in auction status, enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Horrible Management
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Erlanger KYJanuary 6, 2015
The management conducts questionable practices and provides zero support. Auctions and leases are not reviewed, trained or done properly. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Fasted Paced Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 13, 2014
Worked as a liaison between upper level management and employees organizing annual event scheduling. Created various marketing themes for upcoming events to obtain more exposure with large companies and community-based organizations as well. Resolving consumer complaints in a professional and effective manner.
Was a great casual workplace, management and coworkers were the best.
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 14, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. I think management was awesome. Environment was casual and comfortable. I feel like I learned a whole new different trade.
Pros
hours, breaks
Cons
working weekends and holidays
A typical day as property/ office manager
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 10, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of making collection calls, renting units, cleaning units, making collection calls, renting penske trucks, and making daily deposits.
Pros
fast pace work environment, good benefits
Cons
heavy workload, multiple positions
Good place to work for a student in transition.
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2012
As an employer they are a decent company to work for. Though still young, they are able to provide their employees the tools needed for sucess. That being said, because they are still growing, they have not yet acquired the right personnel to show their employees how to use those tools efficiently and effectively. If an employee is unable to use those tools to produce the levels of standard the comany requires, they are simply replaced.
Pros
understanding of one's health and well-being
Cons
not enough training with experienced individuals