Smashburger Employee Reviews

Ehh
Gse Food Service (Current Employee) –  Yeadon, PAAugust 17, 2018
It’s not really the best job. I wouldn’t refer someone to this place unless they were really really desperate. The food is good but cooked by uncaring cooks.
Pros
25% discount on your food
Cons
Still have to pay for your meal
I enjoyed it
Cook/ asst kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJAugust 14, 2018
The people made the place a success not management. I loved the coworkers I had .it was always a team effort it’s just a shame the pay was terrible ..
Good for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 12, 2018
This place is good for a first job, especially for teenagers or kids right out of high school. Pays minimum wage. Its been quite awhile since I've worked there, but as far as I know there are no tips accepted. It's an easy enough job, you just take orders right at the register. It can get hectic on busy days (weekends), and a possibility of being understaffed. Coworkers were usually fun.
Pros
not bad for a first job, meal discounts, easy
Cons
understaffed a lot, not a lot of room for advancement
Love working for but watch out for egos
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2018
Had a Distinct Manager with huge ego and didn’t like when you spoke the truth, I honestly work my butt off night and day with no recognition , doesn’t matter how great your numbers are if you challenge higher ups you better be looking for new job, overall staff and product is only thing good bout working for Smashburger.
Pros
Great product to sale
Cons
Egos and upper management will throw you under the bus
5 years
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2018
loved the job just hated how they supported management even though the employee retention rate fell because of a horrible general manager. I learned a lot from this company and enjoyed traveling through being a corporate trainer but they don't pay management well. Cook pay was decent but management isn't far from cook pay.
Pros
loved job
Cons
hated management
friendly and quick paced.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 6, 2018
Such a great environment to work in. Met a lot of new people and became close with all of my coworkers. It was quick paced on the weekends and slow on the week days.
Smash-tastic!
General Service Employee/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 4, 2018
Loved my coworkers, the customers, and the overall smash burger experience but it was time to advance and expand my work experience. The only con i would say about this job are the low hours, if you need a job to help pay for bills and go to school, this is not the job independently.
Pros
free food
Cons
low hours
Productive and back aching
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAAugust 4, 2018
I would usually close so as soon as I got in I would stock up and clean the stations and prepare for the night
I learned how to cook burgers and how to cut and prep certain foods
My manager who hired me was tough but he pushed me to be quick in the kitchen, the area manger was strict
I loved my coworkers but since our location was next to a mall we would get slammed during special events and was even more difficult when we were shortstaffed
The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with orders if left by yourself
I enjoyed gaining new friends working there with the coworkers I had worked with at the time
Pros
We would get free lunches sometimes or manager would buy us treats
Cons
A lot of bending over bad for backs, being shortstaffed
Poor management, never got a raise
GUEST SERVICE EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJAugust 2, 2018
I was forced to move locations and then was never compensated for it even though the drive was an extra half hour. And then the managers and other staff members would sexually harass my partner at the time and created an uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Terrible management, long commute, not enough pay
food prep
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 1, 2018
Help with prepping the meats and vegetables for the cooks. Help with washing dishes and keeping the kitchen clean. Assist with different items and help where is needed.
Pros
great team work
Cons
short breaks
Terrible management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 31, 2018
A typical day at Smashburger is arriving at work, clocking in, and watching management not do anything as the store struggles to meet basic customer requirements.
Pros
discounted foods, worked with school hours.
Cons
management, coworkers.
Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYJuly 31, 2018
Love my job but also looking for something part time. It’s a fast and friendly environment so I’m seeking fir something similar. Doesn’t have to be fast food.
Good working experience
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 29, 2018
Overall this was a cery fun place to work at, I had very nice and friendly team which made it so much better. This is a very good place to work at, highly recommend.
Smash Burger
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 28, 2018
There are opportunities for advancement to shift leader and management positions and promote heavily from within. I'd recommend this job to a friend or family member.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Multiple things.
Productive and pretty nice place to work at loving employees that put a lot of love and effort into their job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJuly 26, 2018
I find smash burger a nice, cool and competitive place to work but once you get the hang of it, it’ll feel like a piece to cake long lines won’t intimidate you and you’ll know how to work at a good enough paste to get the job done
its ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2018
its a good place to start and gain experience but its not somewhere you want to stay for long. They pick favorites and you wont get fired unless you do something extreme. Its easy but can be cut throat at times.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
No set breaks, unprofessional
Fast paced environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 23, 2018
A typical day at work would be fast paced, and stressful due to being understaffed for a long time. Learned to handle cash, deal with general complaints as well as refunds. Staff was usually tired and unenthusiastic. The most enjoyable part of the job would be co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working an incredibly fast paced shift with little help.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, understaffed
Productive Workplace with Fun Coworkers
Guest Services Expert (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 19, 2018
In my opinion, this is the perfect starter job. Most of my co-workers were fun and easy to work with, everyone there knowing their jobs and how to do them. I highly suggest working with this company mostly since it was my starter job and I realized that I had it good.
Pros
Discount, fun managers
Cons
Stressful rushes
Great Work Environment with Great people.
Cook Trainer (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 19, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Smashburger. Fast Paced work environment and opportunity to advance. Learned every position in the restaurant. Great Management and flexible schedule.
Decent first job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 17, 2018
Its a burger joint, there isn't much to say. Usually understaffed with a fast employee turn over rate. Management usually changes every six months or so. Decent job if you just need something.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smashburger. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight