Smashburger Employee Reviews

Smash GSe
GSE (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 21, 2018
It was a fun environment, The leads and people were fun to work with getting time off was easy. They would bring donuts or drinks to team meetings. It was a great experience. The only con was getting a raise was hard to do
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILApril 19, 2018
I'm either taking the orders or serving them. I love my managers, they're really caring and will do what they can to help you. The hardest part is dealing with rude people, especially when you're genuinely a nice and sweet person, but I always keep my composure. This has been one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Discounts on food, cool managers
Cons
Pay
Fast pace and positive atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 18, 2018
very friendly group of people and helpful management. flexible hours and easy going atmosphere. dress code is enforced and a uniform is given to you when hired.
Cut throat
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2018
The one I was at was cut throat. People stabbed each other in the back at the first chance they get. Without all the childish behavior and relationships going on between management and employees, it would have been an amazing place to work. Management was careless about what they say in front of customers and how they treated the customers. Sanitation wise, they are okay. Not great but okay.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Employees
My job
Cook -Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2018
really enjoyed working here. I have never had a complaint. Nor did I ever had to make one. Everyone was always very nice and friendly. I really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks.
Quick paced work area
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 11, 2018
Smashburgers is a really well known burger place with one of a kind burgers, making it really busy at almost any time of the day. There are hardly ever any times when you will be relaxing at the place.
Pros
discounted lunches
Future at a hold
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
If you need a job that you want not a whole lot of challenge and not appreciation, this the job for you. I'm pretty new in the working world, since I'm a recent graduate and I would never recommend the Accounting side, for this company. The easiest way to put it is I was told word for word why I would end up not liking this opportunity, from a recruiter, and he was exactly right. You can tell you are at the bottom of the pole and you are just put in your place. If you have no issue with that and just want a stable job then once again, it's a perfect place for you.
Pros
1 free lunch or breakfast a week and 1 20 dollar gift card every other week
Cons
Management, Favoritism, Workload, No Advancement, a lot more than pros that's why I gave up a permanent role for a contract to hire situation.
Very fun and new learning experience
Cook/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 8, 2018
Fun hard working place. People friendly fast pace must be able to work in complicated situations. And have lots of patients while working with customers.
What I Learned
Shift Leader, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 7, 2018
I learned how to work under pressure in a fast paced restaurant environment and how to resolve issues with guests efficiently. I was taught management skills such as counting inventory, maintaining company goals, and managing a staff.
Pros
Free lunches, paid time off
Cons
no breaks
You'll survive and it pays decently
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 6, 2018
The bulk of the people at Smashburger are friendly and its overall a close knit group. The biggest issue runs from the day to day operations where the general manager is quick to leave well before his scheduled time, even calling others in hours early so that he can go home hours early.

There is also a bit of an issue with staffing numbers and training. The general manager seems to have trouble grasping that someone that is training new employees is unable to perform all the functions that they would normally be able to do and providing extra staffing to compensate for this.

On the positive side of the spectrum the core workers are a close knit and supportive group who go above and beyond for the customers and coworkers alike on a regular basis. Your regular coworkers will be a close knit group that will do their best to support you in any way that they can.

If you can handle high volume pressure situations and don't mind not interacting with the general manager on a regular basis, Smashburger isn't a bad place to work.
Pros
Good regular employees, strong sense of unity
Cons
General Manager is always quick to leave and rarely present if you don't work mornings

Want to know more about Smashburger?

Ask a question
Smashburger
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 4, 2018
Nice place to work very nice business owners, fast paced but easy work high volume close to duke university fun work crew and the owners always took good care of the employees always.
Pros
Overtime for being a good worker
Cons
Not enough pay
Not good
Manager/Certified Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2018
The company overworked me and under payed me for years. It was very obvious that that do not care about employees. This whole process is a waste of my time.
Pros
free meals
Cons
poor pay
Smashburger
Mesa, Arizona- Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 1, 2018
Coming into smashburger as a new employee, it is difficult to be trained due to the quickness of the job. I basically had to learn everything myself in the moment. The job itself is fun, but it is not a career or a realistic job to hold down as an adult.
A great place to get some hours in for part time if going to school
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2018
I would remember going to work and having long days, long weeks...just to have a minimum wage pay check. I enjoyed the environment culture, that was the main thing that kept me there but the lack of moving up in the company, as well as pay & benefits, I just don't believe was fair.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Hourly pay rate
Regular work space.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NY 10543March 27, 2018
It was a comfortable environment. The team managers knew there job. I felt well trained and felt like I could do my job to the fullest. I also felt like it was a good first job experience.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Not very strict on professionalism.
Unorganized with no motive to change
GUEST SERVICE EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 25, 2018
This can easily be specific to my store but the management was quick to criticize poor performance while they never once showed effort to help out the team on busy nights especially since they understaffed us everyshift
Love this Job
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJMarch 24, 2018
I love the teamwork
Benefits was ok
Nice and clean environment
took time out of busy day to reward the hard workers
The hardest part was leaving because I enjoyed making people happy with great food
Shift leader
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTMarch 23, 2018
The store up keep and store maganement with employees under me. It was fun and laes back as long as you do the work... Can be very busy at moments but with the right team you can do it with a breeze...
Fun music
Cook (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 22, 2018
Smashburger was a good place the food was good however the employees were not so team friendly and it was uncomfortable for me to work in a environment so as
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great burgers
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2018
If you want a real 100% Angus beef patty this place corners the market. Everything is fresh and worth every penny. Great customer service very personal with everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smashburger. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

1.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight