Smashburger Employee Reviews

Fun work place. Just be yourself.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Elk GroveJune 20, 2019
It's a friendly place to work! I love it. The tasks are so easy especially if you're a hands on learner. It quick and easy. The staff are very understanding when it comes to personal reasons.
Management changed
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 19, 2019
Overall my time there was okay. If I needed help with money I received it. Though after the manager that hired me left things kind of became off balance. Thankfully they are under new management.
Smashburger was very productive and fast paced work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2019
I like the environment the managers/shift leaders were a little disrespectful but I loved it . Very busy on weekends didn't mind I would of really liked it if i were to have more hours
Pros
One job assigned
Cons
No breaks or free meals
Good job bad company
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 17, 2019
The company as a whole completely sucks and they're always making changes but as long as you have a good management team like I did it's a fun and easy job.
Productive and fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FL 34243June 13, 2019
It was a fun busy place to work. Lots of prep work and grill work. All orders were made to order and fresh. Everyone worked together as a team and it was a fun environment
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work but very stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 13, 2019
Their scheduling is always stressful. Pay isn't that great. They will expect you to put the store first on front of your own family. I have missed birthdays and holidays working for them. Lots of kids work there and no sense of professionalism. Nobody follows corporate standards. They change labels on food to make them appear fresh cuz they don't want to hurt their inventory by tossing old food.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Not free to eat. Scheduling is everywhere (i have worked 6 days with less the 30hrs), poor management
Really good food, and a great way to learn fast paced service
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 13, 2019
This was the first place I worked that really taught me what a "rush" truly was. I thought I had been busy before, but this job taught me how to keep my focus and knock out orders that are still quality but efficiently. One of the best fast food places to work, seeing as how there is no drive through!
Decent place for young students.
Cook/Dishwasher/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2019
The pay isn't much but it's worth a shot of you just need some money while in school. Its fairly easy to move up in this company, so its definitely worth a shot.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
8.75 an hour.
Really great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 7, 2019
Loved working there, the owner of the place was great, we got discounts on food and the job was very easy but stressful depending on the day, left due to poor manger not owner
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Poor management
depends on coworkers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 5, 2019
Who you're working with really defines your experience. teamwork is an asset and bad coworkers can ruin your day. Luckily the managers are vigilant and can see when someone's not pulling their weight.
Guest Service Expert/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAMay 31, 2019
I would’ve stayed longer at smashburger if it wasn’t for the managers. It was a terrible experience. They would accuse you for anything and threatened your job because they wanted to get rid of people. They never gave me an employee handbook to look at the guidelines they were referring to. It was very unprofessional.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Little no breaks.
so-so
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2019
Great customers just not the best for having consistent hours. The management depends more on the person in charge. Learning how to communicate with people consistently.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
lack of hours
Noo
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NYMay 29, 2019
don't do it. worst job I've ever had. Management did nothing, just yell because you were too "slow" meanwhile orders were pouring in and just one cook, one assembler, one fryer person... that's it 3 people in the back
Pros
always overtime
Cons
No free lunch, just dicounted. Super busy but no help, disrespectful managers, lie to you about growing in the company
Productive and fun place of work
GSE (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 27, 2019
Smash Burger was an unforgettable experience. I learned many things from my time working there. Beginning with how to maintain computer whenever things don’t according to plan or expectations.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Expected rude and disrespectful customers
Entry level culinary school
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2019
It was what I needed at the moment. Gained my first manager experiences with smash burger. They believe in development with autonomy. Pushed me forward and helped me in my pursuit towards culinary
Sleazy company and business deals
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 27, 2019
Didn't like it. When they hire you too fast it's a problem RUN! Manager only worried about money, never comes to help when the store gets crazy would rather you close while people are still in the store than to come in and work. Unfair pay you got paid more the closer and grosser you got with the manager. Faking reviews to get him a bonus while we all barely got paid for our efforts. Not worth flipping burgers and dealing with crazy customers when your own manager is never dependable. Not to mention no time off. If you cant find a cover too bad. He only ever let one girl constantly call out come in late and take off. Wonder why smh
Cons
A sleazy manager makes for a sleazy company
Best part of Restaurant Management
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIMay 27, 2019
I love the interaction with guest. My strong suit is customer relations...
The down side for me is it sometime feels like adult day care..

I think if you pay someone as an adult they should act like it more often..
Terrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 25, 2019
The environment at Smashburger is very unprofessional. Managers are of no assistance, they are always understaffed, and the food is usually flawed. Would not recommend
Customers can be great, thats about it.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYMay 23, 2019
I think it all boils down to *which* smashburger you work at, and it what state. My manager sucked at his job and was rude and intolerable.

However, coporate likes to come in and make company wide decisions which highly impact the regular customers and the business itself. I had many people telling me they were not only overwhelmed by the changes, but that they were never coming back. I guess that's what happens when you take the 4 top sellers off the menu.
Pros
Small discount on food
Cons
Short breaks, bad management, poor interpersonal skills
Productive and quick paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NYMay 19, 2019
Job tends to move very quick, and everything is always productive. Great workers, and management is very well. My only complaints is the pay rate. I receive $12 per hour when it should be 13.50. I am 1/3 that this has happened to.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smashburger. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight