SMG Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
lack of good management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 26, 2018
The management could use some work for lack of better wording the pay can be better for the amount of work that is give to works and not the amount but the process the employees have to go thru to get it done.
Pros
events and shows
Cons
late nights
Its a fast pase job jeep your head focused and all is well
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 26, 2018
This job is not for people looking to have preeminent security its more of a seasonal work environment when the seson is off everything is slow and many deparrments adw out of work but wgen the seson is in bloom there is pleanty of hrs and it is very hectic
SMG Jacksonville
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 31, 2018
SMG Jacksonville is completely separate from corporate SMG (or so we were told). Employees are overworked and underpaid. Turnover rate is high for this reason. Management is unorganized, lazy and out of touch with reality. Most positions are part time and part time employees don't get benefits. They don't even get to participate in the holiday party. This company is in desperate need of diversity and inclusion training.
Pros
laid back most times
Cons
management
Smg
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 25, 2018
Smg is a great place to work. Full of energy, great people and you can experience great events take place. Awesome place to work. Wish they paid more and gave out more hours.
I love my job
Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2018
I love my job it’s great so is my Coworker’s and the managers are very assertive and direct I have experience car show,flower show also tattoo convention and a lot of othe shows two thumbs up 👍🏿
Good Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 9, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work at The Hampton Roads Convention Center at all. The management is poor and disgusting especially the housekeeping manager she is unprofessional and the employees have no confidentiality with her. Also the general manager and HR person are very sorry individuals and ghetto. It’s just not the ideal work environment honestly.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Poor management
Great work place and fun
cashier\parker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2018
It's been a long time since i worked for SMG. At the time that i did work there it was you got to meet a lot of different people. It was a steady paced job and everyone was friendly. I will tell everyone i know that needs a job. SMG will be a great place for them.
I absolutely love working here.
Bartender/Barback (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 4, 2018
It's just a great atmosphere. Very easy going and laid back. I couldn't recommend working here enough. The managers at the Civic and Saenger do not get enough credit for putting great, formidable teams together.
Pros
easy hours. good people.
this is my company
Hardware/Software refresh Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 22, 2018
this is my company, used to keep my skills sharp,m generate income, ,eep active, pay my bills, keep food in my stomach, and it gives me purpose to go out..
Smg
Jenny Todd, Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80123March 1, 2018
Typical Monday through Friday work week. Weekends off. Which is ideal for most people. Company is overall good and the pay is decent. They have plenty of work.
Fast paced and demanding
COOK II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 17, 2018
It can be different everyday. I learn to work with others. There are lots of cooks. Some zones are more stressful. The lack of care from employees or accountability. I enjoy being able to create dishes to feature for service.
SMG models agency
fashion photographer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 14, 2018
It was a great experience working with best models in Seattle. I learned a lot about the fashion photography and also the beauty photography art. I felt like it was my another house because they were so friendly.
Smg rating
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 14, 2018
The position I was hired for, wasn't the position i ended up doing. I seen it was pretty easy to move up in the company, but I also notice they had favorites as well. It was nice to work at the new stadium but it was not what I desired.
typical day...most enjoyable part of the job
Print & Digital Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Enjoy the clients and the work. typical day is busy and sometimes stressful. If you are a hard worker you will fit rght in. Fast paced, exciting envirnoment to work in.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
upper management
Interesting place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Fun and different to experience all the shows. I got to see and experience many different types of people and vehicles. Sometimes working long hours into the night.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Working in strange weather.
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 1, 2018
They make sure that their employees are doing good and enjoy making others feel special. We have fun talking to the customers to ease their minds. Fun!
N/a
Traffic Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 31, 2018
Seasonal work depending on the arena schedule. Not really a typical day each event is different,learn general duties. A good start a company for anyone looking for general exp.
Excellent Management
Hockey Sales (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 31, 2018
Five Stars- Management was Always willing to help when I needed assistance. I was showed how to learn a new concept from other coworkers or managers. Very friendly atmosphere
Pros
Excellent Co Workers
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Ups and Downs
Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at SMG in Anchorage, AK. I started as a concession stand worker then switched departments to Traffic Control. The manager for concessions was racist, unfair to employees unless you were family, and tried to cut hours.
Experience
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 25, 2018
It is a great place to gain experience SMG is managing company so to move around within the company from venue to venue offers great range of opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMG. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight