SMG Employee Reviews

I love my job
Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2018
I love my job it’s great so is my Coworker’s and the managers are very assertive and direct I have experience car show,flower show also tattoo convention and a lot of othe shows two thumbs up 👍🏿
Good Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 9, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work at The Hampton Roads Convention Center at all. The management is poor and disgusting especially the housekeeping manager she is unprofessional and the employees have no confidentiality with her. Also the general manager and HR person are very sorry individuals and ghetto. It’s just not the ideal work environment honestly.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Poor management
I absolutely love working here.
Bartender/Barback (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 4, 2018
It's just a great atmosphere. Very easy going and laid back. I couldn't recommend working here enough. The managers at the Civic and Saenger do not get enough credit for putting great, formidable teams together.
Pros
easy hours. good people.
this is my company
Hardware/Software refresh Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 22, 2018
this is my company, used to keep my skills sharp,m generate income, ,eep active, pay my bills, keep food in my stomach, and it gives me purpose to go out..
Smg
Jenny Todd, Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80123March 1, 2018
Typical Monday through Friday work week. Weekends off. Which is ideal for most people. Company is overall good and the pay is decent. They have plenty of work.
Fast paced and demanding
COOK II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 17, 2018
It can be different everyday. I learn to work with others. There are lots of cooks. Some zones are more stressful. The lack of care from employees or accountability. I enjoy being able to create dishes to feature for service.
SMG models agency
fashion photographer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 14, 2018
It was a great experience working with best models in Seattle. I learned a lot about the fashion photography and also the beauty photography art. I felt like it was my another house because they were so friendly.
Smg rating
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 14, 2018
The position I was hired for, wasn't the position i ended up doing. I seen it was pretty easy to move up in the company, but I also notice they had favorites as well. It was nice to work at the new stadium but it was not what I desired.
typical day...most enjoyable part of the job
Print & Digital Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Enjoy the clients and the work. typical day is busy and sometimes stressful. If you are a hard worker you will fit rght in. Fast paced, exciting envirnoment to work in.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
upper management
Interesting place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Fun and different to experience all the shows. I got to see and experience many different types of people and vehicles. Sometimes working long hours into the night.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Working in strange weather.
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 1, 2018
They make sure that their employees are doing good and enjoy making others feel special. We have fun talking to the customers to ease their minds. Fun!
N/a
Traffic Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 31, 2018
Seasonal work depending on the arena schedule. Not really a typical day each event is different,learn general duties. A good start a company for anyone looking for general exp.
Excellent Management
Hockey Sales (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 31, 2018
Five Stars- Management was Always willing to help when I needed assistance. I was showed how to learn a new concept from other coworkers or managers. Very friendly atmosphere
Pros
Excellent Co Workers
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Ups and Downs
Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at SMG in Anchorage, AK. I started as a concession stand worker then switched departments to Traffic Control. The manager for concessions was racist, unfair to employees unless you were family, and tried to cut hours.
Experience
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 25, 2018
It is a great place to gain experience SMG is managing company so to move around within the company from venue to venue offers great range of opportunities.
Amazing job
Ticket Seller (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93721January 21, 2018
I love that the environment is so helpful and helpful. They try their hardest to make sure we do the correct sell in a calm and friendly manner. I like that the people that I work with are very understanding about anything.
Pros
friendly people, encouraging
Relaxed
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Job was easy to do only 4 hours a day no break but no much to do. People at the job are very friendly never had any issues with people at the job. Job was great
Pros
No lunche
Cons
No breaks
Ver productive and fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Overall smg was a great company with lots of friendly welcoming people.There are definitely lots of events and oppritunities to exell in the work place.
Pros
Great oppritunities to be in a fun filled work enviroment
Cons
Lots of hours on uour feet
It's alright
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2018
The job is a good job overall there are some ups and down but what job doesn't have them anyone would be blessed to have that job had a great time working there
Excellent Communicative Staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hidalgo, TXDecember 18, 2017
They have a good work environment. Excellent and kind staff members. Good skills development in learning cash handling experience. Nice team members. Good supervisors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMG. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight