SMG Employee Reviews

SMG-Good Company to work for
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 8, 2019
Overall a very good company to work for. Good leadership and alot of room to grow. Always good communication and great leadership conferences to attend.
Terrible place to work
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 23, 2019
The management is the worst I have ever experienced some managers as young as 18 most managers literally stand around and talk with other managers terrible.tips are terrible you have to split sometimes 4 ways there’s no place to put a tip if the customer pays with a credit card if they had managers that actually care it wouldn’t be that bad of a place to work
Pros
Some of the other work mates
Cons
No break no tips terrible managers
Stressed workplace
Usher/dock (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 13, 2019
Horrible the management here does not respect you. They dont give you the right information and make you feel incompetent for asking questions........
Pros
Fun kind coworkers
Cons
Management hours disrespect
Smg okc
Concessions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 11, 2018
Not a very good environment to work in. Management in the food and Beverage area needs a lot of work and many classes on how to manage employees. Expectations are way too high for underpaid and overworked supervisors. Managers are very rude and disrespectful to their own employees and to the NPO groups that run the stands. They appreciate nothing, you get no breaks, no food, no bonus, no freebies of any kind.
Pros
Not a single pro about this job
Cons
NO breaks, No Food, No bonus, No free merchandise, Nothing.
Stand guard
Guard entryways before, during and after events (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 29, 2018
You stand around all night, watch a gate.... maybe walk a bit. Sometimes you throw a drunk out... thats about it. Seeing shows for free is the only benefit.
hard
food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 27, 2018
the job was supposed to be part time. my first month i went from 30hrs to 50. every day i got out later and later. Shifts are 9+ hrs so pleanty of overtime. way too much work for min wage.
i recieved my last check a month later.

only ticket discounts are on the games of the arena and not even center seats.doesnt matter because you work all events. no discount on disney, or concerts or outside events. no parking discount but discount on team store.
Pros
some discounts
Cons
long hours, low pay, ware and tear on body
Productive and fun workplace
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is to Sign-in and Clock-in, put my stuff in the employee lounge and locker room, then go to Guest Relations Booth for debriefing , and then to our sign stations and wait for the event to start.
Pros
Events
Cons
Short Breaks
Aproach with caution
they said customer service but door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2018
the job discription and the actual job I was hired for are two completely different things. I thought id be working as a customer service rep instead I was a door to door non profit representative asking people to donate. You work 12pm-8pm and get paid 50$ daily and then commission off of every donor pledge. if you are good at talking to people and dont mind being outside all night go for it I was just annoyed because I went through 2 interviews and they lied to me I really thought I was going to be in an office doing customer service. they will try to get your interest by spitting out all these numbers and money you could make but really only upper management gets paid good money because they make commission off of everyone under them. good luck i guess
oh and they put me on the spot and made me drive to the neighborhood locations with random people in my car they say theyll give you gas money at the end of the week but it was only 5$
Pros
if you are a good sales person do it
Cons
they lie, the hours, door to door sales
SMG Knoxville
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 28, 2018
Racist boss. A Bully and Racist Operations manager. Upper management has no idea what's going on. HR knows all about the problems, and will do absolutely nothing about them
A HORRIBLE place to work. Soon as i find something else I'm gone.
Pros
Long hours if you want them.
great second job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, NJOctober 17, 2018
really great place to work. great staff and managers. best for retirees and second job seekers. Its ok as a only job as well. but there is no real career Path.
Pros
great work place and second job
Cons
no real ca
Worst Employer I’ve dealt with
Security (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 10, 2018
I left my position before I started thankfully. I was threatened by the person who would of been my manager to bring my stuff back immediately or else they would charge me for the shirts. I will never consider this employer for future employment.
Great job fun and entertaining
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Superdome, New OrleansSeptember 29, 2018
I'm trying to get a job there,hope they contact me soon. Fun place to work. Get to see events, sometimes you meet football players, meet,song singers
Pros
Just what I want, part time janitor, work good for me being disabled
Cons
Just don't like being in one spot, like to work in large area's
Very good job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 23, 2018
It was a very standard job but not too stressful. Good people were employed and there were good managers too, very good place to have an internship. Gave me a good idea about the workplace.
Awful place to work
Culinary (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2018
Poor management that can care less and horrible communication among staff. This stems down to staff not caring about anything. Huge turnover rate. Very disorganized management that lacks any appreciation for their staff. Pay is very bad as well. Don't waste your time here. Worst job I have ever had in my life!!!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor management
good
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 4, 2018
I enjoy the hussle and effert we have to put into certain events. I love the fact thy provide free food is always a plus. Just a little unsatisfied with the work flow. When events are heavy work flow is great you can get 17 hours in a day sometimes. But when events are slow work is slow and you might have a few weeks maybe a month inbetween.
Pros
free food and beverages
Cons
lack of hours at times
Ok
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2018
It was a OK job. I don't mind working back there but with higher pay. I loved my supervisor and the co workers. I loved the events that took place in the area
Bartender
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2018
You report 1 to 2 hours early to count cups. You must count and document every single plastic cup. There are hundreds and hundreds of cups. Then you count every liquor bottle, the quantity, every soda, every liquid - everything. Doors open for the concert or game - you stand there, mix and pour drink after drink. The drinks cost $9 per beer and $10 per cocktail. People don't tip much if any because of the outrageous cost. Then you have to work with 1 or 2 other bartenders at your station. By the time you split tips at the end of the night you might take home $40 from a hockey game or $60 for a big name concert after working your butt off for 6 hours behind the bar station. It's just not worth it. Go work at a nightclub and make twice or triple.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
low pay, endlessly counting cups
I have seen numerous managers come and go without being promoted. But yet they still rely on me to fill the void left by the people that continue
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Pa.August 22, 2018
Upper management needs to reevaluate who they have in charge at this facility. The one mgr allows their child to come to work and play on the computers in the offices. They take leftover food home all the time.
Pros
Cons
No employee parking.
Ungrateful, narcissistic management
Guest services (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 21, 2018
Worse company ever. Production manager makes fun of you, says races jokes to employees, is a pervert. Smg knows this but they turn a blind eye. Horrible.
Cons
Can be fun with the right team members
Public Safety Officer Commissioned (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 18, 2018
Overall good company to work for. Part-time employees tend to make more per hour but they are currently working on that issue. Everything is always changing, so if you don't like change this is not the job for you.
Pros
cheap lunchs or dinners during events
Cons
Pay for work compared to similar positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMG. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SMG.

Powered by Comparably