Smile Brands Inc. Employee Reviews

Robbed
Dentist (Current Employee) –  AnonymouFebruary 19, 2019
I produced over a million a year and only took home 180000 I was robbed and lied to never got a raise but got three promotions ,.promotion came with a decrease in pay
Pros
Busy
Cons
Thieves
Training provided
Management (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 19, 2019
The company will do whatever to keep the dentists even if the dentist isn't doing quality dentistry and is not professional . They rather get rid of a experienced and efficient employee than build a good reputation with a quality dentist.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
The company did not spend money to update the equipment and offices.
Professional workplace
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Professional workplace, management easy to communicate with. Accommodating and quick to solve issues regarding office procedures. I don't have anything negative to say about Smile Brands and I would work for them again.
Fun Workplace
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Skilled employees and friendly atmosphere with emphasis on a "Team Driven" module. Management is supportive and offers training to advance productivity.
Working at Smile Brands
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Smile Brands is a great company to work for. I would highly recommend applying here. The company culture is fun and relaxed. There is a lot of hard work to be done but people are to be very respectful and kind to each other. If you are looking for a great team environment this is your place!
Great place to start if your new to the field
RDA (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 4, 2019
I have the perfect co-works; including management and doctor. I am an RDA and the pay is not that great. You get a raise once year and the range is $0.30 to not more then a dollar. Benefits are cool.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Pay not so great
Would not recommend
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 2, 2019
While the company does offer decent benefits it lacks overall in integrity. It is not a company that cares about people whether it be their employees or their patients.
Pros
Decent Health Insurance
Cons
Many
toxic work envionment
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 17, 2018
Several OSHA violations daily...the place is crawling with roaches and the assistants leave dirty rooms overnight. Management continually lies and will share your personal information with colleagues when it is supposed to be private. The staff will speak Spanish when they dont want a non-Shanish speaking person to know what they talking about.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
Manager chooses if you get a lunch or not...Long Hours
no PR, no patients
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 15, 2018
I think this could have been a great opportunity in a great location, but the practice did not do any kind of PR and we did not bring in enough patients to keep us busy.
The corporation is willing to work with an employee no matter what.
Registered Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXDecember 6, 2018
I as a dental assistant had the opportunity to work with a great team. My manager made sure that the staff was always taken care of and not overwhelmed
Upper management is not open to meaningful change
Lead Dentist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2018
The template of the management is rigid.
Upper management is not open to new technologies.
The practices are still ...as I understand it....a non electronic patient record for notes.
Trying to read the handwriting down by other doctors or hygienists is often impossible.
The software is a DOS- based software. Very limited by todays standards.
Almost no patient educational literature is available.....one has to do this on their own.
Specialists get more respect and leeway in doing their care...in addition they are paid a lot more than general dentists.
Pros
Most of the staff are hardworking and want to keep their jobs
Cons
Inflexible upper management
A good first full-time job
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2018
I liked working for smile brands with the right management. I worked at two of their offices and liked one, but could not stand the other office. At the office I didn't like I felt overworked and underpaid. The patient flow was too much for one hygienist to handle, but was expected.
Benefits
Cons
Too many patients
No compassion for anyone, including doctors.
Orthodontist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 25, 2018
I am a doctor, who worked here for over a year. Almost every day of clinic I ran myself ragged because we were constantly understaffed. Everyone here is a number, even the doctors. They just don't care about individuals except to give the bare minimum to keep employees from quitting. I carried the trunk with all the orthodontic instruments. I had to resign due to health issues. The morning after I resigned, which was also the morning after I got out of the ER, I was asked to BRING THE TRUNK to the office, which is a 50 minute drive for me. The next day, I was being threatened with law enforcement while I was still debilitated if I did not bring the trunk with the instruments by the following day. They gave me two days. TWO DAYS!!!! to recover from being in the ER to return their property, which I should not have had to carry anyway. I have never been treated so despicably. I do not recommend working here because you will just be a number. All they care about is their bottom line, and they have no compassion whatsoever!bout is their b
Dental Assistant/ Billing and Collections (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 24, 2018
working at various offices I can say unequivocally that smile brand dental and its management are not invested in their employees welfare. Rather the whole corporate entity has an inbred culture of “do anything, say anything, once it improves profit” which has permeated every level of management . That means unethical practices, poor business decisions, poor scheduling which affects doctor quality of care, ability …
Intense, yet caring and supportive environment.
National Director - Payer Solutions (Former Employee) –  Corporate HQ-Irvine CAOctober 23, 2018
Management is supportive, providing training and advice when necessary. Deadlines are the most challenging part of the job, while the opportunity to meet and work with industry leaders is the most enjoyable.
Great Vibes
PATIENT CARE REP/MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 22, 2018
I was thankful for the opportunity provided by SmileBrands to exercise and further develop skills needed to insure customer satisfaction. Goal oriented staff and management team.
Pros
The team
Cons
Unable to use PTO
Unfair pay
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CaOctober 20, 2018
The office I worked at had a lot of turn around, I had been there less than a year and I had been at the company the longest out of all the assistance, some doctors, some of the front office, and the office manager. The pay was very unfair! I am a registered dental assistant and my coworkers and myself found out that a DA with less experience was getting a $4 dollar raise, more then all the RDAs... A slap in the face to everyone especially when we helped train her.
Pros
I loved my co-workers.
Cons
Poor management. Unfair pay. Favoritism.
Productive and fun place to work. Friendly co-workers
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2018
A nice and good place to work and extern at. You can develop a good friendly relationship with your patients. The staff is cool and laid back. Sometimes it can be challenging but the rewards are well worth it in the end. You get to make some cool friends.
Pros
Breaks and bonuses
Fast paced
RDA (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 15, 2018
Good place to begin your career and gain experience. the doctors were friendly and willing to teach their assistants. management up front was sometimes unorganized but it is a work in progress
Poorly run with bottom line as only goal
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2018
The organization is poorly run. They have people in management who are too inexperienced and whose only motivation is to meet their budget at any cost. Favoritism ran rampant. They pushed doctors to do more expensive treatment like crowns rather than do a filling even if that would have sufficed. They bonused management and doctors based on them bringing in money and staying on budget and patients mattered little. Staff was overwhelmed and overworked. Had such an old computer scheduling system it was laughable. Dental assistants were way underpaid. Raises were two to three cents per year. It was embarrassing when I had a rockstar employee and could only offer them a19 cent raise. Hours were awful. Understaffed, so hard to keep good staff because they were overwhelmed. Some offices were ok but so many I saw were dirty! Staff would leave used scrub jackets in the lunch room. Staff walked to the front in dirty coats. I was handed a chart with blood on it once! I had to make the dentist take it back.
Pros
Could get your dental care there
Cons
Overworked and unrealistic expectations from upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smile Brands Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.