Smile Brands Inc. Employee Reviews

Good people, not enough hours
RDA (Current Employee) –  AustinTXAugust 7, 2018
I currently work here and enjoy the culture. The doctor, front desk and assistants all communicate very well. My office is well organized, and put together. I am fairly new in the field and have thrived at this location. Everyone is willing to help and answer all questions and make sure you understand well. Biggest negative is not reaching a full 40 hr work week and the company standard of having the call centers promise cleanings to new patients every time really upsets a fair majority of new pts.
Pros
Communication, fun environment, learned a lot
Cons
The call center cannot schedule for the life of them, not reaching full 40.
Terrible!!
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2018
Poor management!!!!!! ALLLLL DMOs do are look at spreadsheets and create unrealistic # expectations and inaccurate reports based on such a terribly dated system. (Stupid thing can't even pull a report of what 2×2 equals accurately) RIDICULOUS to think you can run a thriving business on terrible statistics as stated!!! CORPORATE NEEDS TO BE MORE INVOLVED IN WHAT THEIR CROOKED DMOS ARE DOING!!!(Or maybe they don't give a flying hoot) The way the east market is being ran, it won't be long before the entire market comes crashing down. These inaccurate reports are a way to cover a sinking company while padding upper managements pockets!!! The employees that bust their tails, only do so to allow upper management to receive bigger bonuses cutting the "worker bees" quarterly bonuses to NOTHING!!!!! You aren't even allowed to order supplies needed to efficiently run an office or DENTAL CLINIC due to such low unrealistic budget expectations!! (If you stay within budget, managers get a bigger bonus)! What type of dental clinic have you EVER walked into that isn't even allowed to give their patients mouthwash to use after brushing???? MONARCH DENTAL!!!! These people need to get a grip!!! DMOs give EXTRA (bribery) bonuses to supervisors for OVERWORKING part-time staff...All while giving the other full time employees, that rightfully helped make those numbers ZERO!!!! Way too many duties for 1 person, they want to work their employees EXTREMELY understaffed but expect them to have ZERO overtime!!! Again, UNREALISTIC!!!
Double standards like no other!!! So many family members, friends, boyfriends/girlfriends
  more... of family members, its ridiculous! They don't pay the people that are required to travel properly and refused to do so 2 years ago, even after corporate informed certain DMOs time and time again of proper procedures for travel. (They do what they want)!!! You can trust any of them, including their fake glassdoor review, Google reviews, ect. At one point office managers were getting a kickback just to have their employees to write a good company review!! Things need to change before this one market ruins this entire company!!!  less
Pros
I loved my patient's!!!!
Cons
Smile while your dying inside
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 15, 2018
OMs act like deities.Went through two. Favoritism is huge.Needed the job and loved my patients.HR created Retaliation. Nothing confadintal. Unprofessional.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hostile work environment
July 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We take your comments very seriously and invite you to share your confidential concerns with us at We.Listen@smilebrands.com. We want to ensure you feel safe in your work environment and will do everything possible to help you feel comfortable and secure.

i am thankful for the experience and time i had with the company.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2018
Smile brands provided me a chance to grow in the company unfortunately at the end i felt not supported by them.

My team was a very close team and worked well together. the doctors are involved on all activities and patients. It was best when we had patients that we completed and to see how happy they were and thankful.
August 2, 2018

We sincerely appreciate your review, but so sorry your time with Smile Brands came to an end. Our goal is always to ensue our Field Leaders, employees and providers feel supported and have what they need to create the best working environment possible where patients receive the best care possible. Thank you for your gratitude and making a difference in the lives of the patients you helped serve. Best of luck to you!

Don't work here if you value your moral and sanity
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialJune 27, 2018
Too many tasks to do in a short period of time. They care more about bringing in the money than the actual patient experience. No support from management on clinical staff issues.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Stress from management. Made me feel like worthless. Too much drama and cliquey.
July 10, 2018

Dear Employee -

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback concerns us and I would personally like to speak with you to understand what is happening with your local management Team that causes you to feel unsupported. We strive for everyone to enjoy the work they perform and the camaraderie with their Teams. We value our culture and expect this at all levels from all employees and affiliates. We want this for you too. Please reach out to me directly at tanisha.wicker@smilebrands.com. You can email us at welisten@smilebrands.com if you'd like. I would love to hear from you.

Tanisha Wicker
Senior VP, Human Resources

My particular office was good but I dislike the company as a whole.
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2018
You have to work really hard and fast in order to earn your paycheck. If you don't have a good support team at your particular office, you'll be miserable.
August 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, although we realize our company is not a fit for everyone our field leaders do take pride in building strong and motivating culture within the dental offices. We thank you for your feedback and welcome additional details you feel may be helpful, please email us at We.Listen@smilebrands.com

okay
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2018
didn't work here long enough to leave a good review. short time i was there, was nice, stayed busy. the office i was at was a little old, but manageable. i also traveled with the doctor i was assigned to.
Pros
pto, health benefits
August 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Although brief, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with Smile Brands. If circumstances allow and if you are interested in other opportunities with us across the country, visit us at jobs.smilebrands.com.

Best company I’ve worked for in my entire life!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 13, 2018
This work environment is what I call home. Smilebrands are the best employer hands down! They company offers a yearly paid business adventure to Texas for all operations managers.
August 2, 2018

We are happy to hear you consider Smile Brands your home and that you find the Annual Leadership Meeting in Dallas, TX valuable! We truly strive to make our meetings robust and full of rich clinical, business and people tools and learning you can share with your team and apply to your practice.

Great Place to Work!
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2018
I really appreciate the collaboration between departments here. I know I can always ask for help or input from anyone, and everyone wants you to succeed! I also love our bi-weekly huddles where we get to hear more about what each department is up to and Celebrate Everyday Miracles as a team.
Pros
Great corporate environment
August 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time in leaving a thoughtful review to share your experience at Corporate! We love our collaborative culture too and happy that you find our bi-weekly meetings valuable, we truly strive to make it a great place where employees enjoy coming to work!

Great at first, then depressing after corporate philosophy changed.
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2018
We had good teamwork and naturally worked well together for a few years. The hygiene chair was seldom empty. We were solid, helped each other, and were friendly. We laughed and ate together often. After the last corporate change, their was a severe sudden short staff of employees. Included were new regulations, which gave all team members much more required work in the same or less amount of time. The past management and current management had little knowledge of dentistry. The managers did not manage but gave lots of time off to "pets" when asked, not seeming to care that it made it harder for the staff left working. We had occasional meetings for new things to incorporate. Either nothing was followed through upon or we were told to "make it happen!" We seldom got lunch breaks. Morale dropped to an all time low. The manager was often gone or in meetings. Organization disappeared, as did the flow of the office. No raises except once, fifty cents an hour. Actually, pay was decreased $10.00 an hour, with new incentive for bonus, which was good until time was reduced per patient. More paperwork was mandatory with deadlines and frequent threats that if not followed through, it would be a firing offense. However, the "pets" somehow did not do the required paperwork and often were over 15 minutes late for first patient's appointment. Never a pat on the back for doing well, only reprimands. I learned about many cultures and how to understand many different accents in speaking. The patients were mostly very grateful and appreciated good service! The most enjoyable part  more... of the job were some good co-workers and so many wonderful patients! We did have excellent OSHA meetings. The hardest part of the job was handing off the patient to the dentist after the dental cleaning, and the operatory was so dirty, that I would put them back in my room and clean that dentist's room before I would seat the patient. Most of the staff started leaving without saying goodbye, often leaving the hygienist behind alone without locking the front door at the end of the day. The whole philosophy changed from caring for the patient's needs and wants to money collected. Of course, we have to make money but it is not fair to provide less quality treatment and to not address the patients concerns. I would never work for this company again. The two hygienists hired after me quit with two months. Many quit after a few days or one day at several locations. Many promises were broken.  less
Pros
Paid medical, vacation, Cpr, and holidays. Initially, lots of happy patients!.
Cons
Not enough time to care for patients, which caused them to become upset and leave.
August 2, 2018

We appreciate the time you took to write this review and are very sorry to hear that your wonderful experience at Smile Brands changed into what you describe. The circumstance in this office is not a culture, patient service philosophy or business that Smile Brands supports. Unfortunately, there are instances when situations like this occur within a practice environment, business, or team, that needs to be addressed and/or helped. We are not certain that this particular case received the benefit of being helped by some of the support resources available. We are very serious about ensuring we maintain the integrity of the culture we have across our company and affiliated offices and also very interested in making sure this office is a great place to work once again. We welcome any additional feedback you can provide at We.Listen@smilebrands.com in that would help us accomplish this. Best of look to you in your new endeavor.

Great Culture - Proud to work here
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 24, 2018
Departments work well together...working in the same direction. My management is great - I'm sure there are some better than others, but that's every organization. If you want to succeed and move up you can - but you've got to put the right work in.
Pros
Great team of people focused on the same goal
Cons
bad coffee :)
May 25, 2018

Super glad you appreciate the training you received. Welcome to the Smile Brands family!

New
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
On boarding process was quick and easy. Hands on training and you get to go to Dallas for a week of training, which is very helpful. I am new and have not complaints. It has been a smooth process so far. Looking forward to continuing with Smilebrands.
Pros
Team oriente atmosphere
Cons
Not enought time to spend educating patients on treatment
May 25, 2018

fast paced for the busier offices and slow paced for the slow offices
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAMay 24, 2018
Some of the Dr's cared about the patients but for the most part, this corporation is all about money and how much they can get out of their Dr's. If it means going an hour past lunch to finish up a big bucks treatment, then so be it. Employees don't matter much so long as they're contributing to the G3 attitude. If your home office is slow, best believe you're going to be asked to help out at another office. Doesn't matter how far it is, you need to go help. The company used to pay for mileage but doesn't anymore so you're left with the option of either going home early, losing that income OR going to God knows where, wasting gas, putting miles on your car, and having that income that you should've had at your home office.
Pros
medical benefits, Pto
Cons
no breaks. short lunches. poor management
June 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into the concerns you have raised. We strive to ensure that all employees and affiliated providers feel valued and has an overall favorable experience while employed with the company. We are interested to learn more about your specific interactions that have caused you to feel this way. Please email us at welisten@smilebrands.com to share more. We are committed to creating and sustaining a work environment that embodies our mission of Smiles for Everyone! We'd love to hear from you.

Warm regards,

Tanisha Wicker
SVP, Human Resources

Smile Brands is a well-established and rewarding workplace
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
With the right mindset and determination there is room to learn and grow within the company. I have learned several aspects and continue to grow with full support as management wants us to be successful.

Along with my team, hard work and a few long hours we continuously hit our short term and long term goals. Each member is goal oriented, focused and shares the company vision.

We are able to maintain work and life balance with our generous PTO. We often have no difficulty taking time off for personal matters and vacations.

The most enjoyable part for me is knowing I am part of a great company and team that respects and appreciates me.
Pros
Work / life balance, Job security, Advancement, Incentives, Great benefits, Competitive pay, 401K, Flexible work schedule
Cons
401K Contribution
May 25, 2018

Thank you so much for your review! You vocalized something that is very important to our organization, which is that you feel valued and part of at team that respects and appreciates you. We are so glad you feel this way!

Exciting and Fun
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
I love working for this company. I have learned and gained so much knowledge from supervisors, management, and director. They help guide to learn, expand, and grow to move up within the company. They offer in depth training. A lot of our employees have been with our company for years. We have a family tight knit relationship.
May 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to hear you love working for Smile Brands! We look forward to a great partnership.

I Love My Job!
Insurance Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
Work pace is very fast, you are given your report for the day and you work through it throughout the day with given set goals for each day. Management is awesome, never do I ever feel nervous around them, they definitely make you feel appreciated and just like family! I love it here since there is zero micro management but help is there when needed. You also do get the oporutnity for monthly incentives depending on if you hit your monthly goals. Definitely do not plan on leaving here!
Pros
choice of an hour lunch or a 30, flexible schedule
May 25, 2018

I love that you've found the place that makes you happy to come into work every day! We're so glad to have you here. We appreciate the review.

Great Culture/ lacking benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 23, 2018
Great company culture with a real caring attitude. Unfortunately management opportunities are limited past OM level. Also no 401k match which is a real issue.
Cons
no 401k match/ low salary
May 25, 2018

Thank you for your review! I love that you feel you are part of a 'Great company culture with a real caring attitude' . I appreciate your honest feedback and will be sure that your feedback on 401K match and low salary are heard. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at We.Listen.@smilebrands.com

inspiring mission and journey with smilebrands
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
It has been an incredible experience to work shoulder to shoulder with some of the most inspiring minds in the industry. The culture and mission statements are not lost in emails but rather are living breathing testaments pursued daily by all members of our team. The most challenging part of our career is the pursuit of the ever changing landscape of technology, while the greatest part of the job are the people and patient's. The opportunity's within the organisation are vast and there are always individuals ready to guide you in your journey. -thanks smile brands for always being there.
Pros
luncheon's, benefits, desk job, flexible work scheduling options
Cons
i cant think of one reason why you wouldnt want to be part of the team
May 25, 2018

WOW! Love hearing about your experience with Smile Brands. Very pleased to hear that you and your team are living our mission. Thank you so much for your review!

I love smile brands
Billing Department Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
Smile Brands is my home away from home. I love working here. Management is friendly and compassionate. We are like family here. Smile Brands is a fast-paced work environment, therefore there is never a dull moment. Our team works hard to bring smiles to our patients. It brings joy to my heart that I have a big part in getting our patients' claims paid.
May 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I love the sentiment you expressed - "Smile Brands is my home away from home." That makes all the difference when you come to work!

Competitive Pay with Professional Room to Advance
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2018
Smile Brands has a great culture of saying yes and offers a competitive salary and benefits. They also care about furthering the business and welcome ideas on ways to improve the company overall. The company is constantly evolving and creating positions that better the organization, which means there's plenty of room for professional growth as they promote from within first!
Pros
Competitive Way, Opportunity for professional growth
Cons
Formal training and development
May 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Growth within is something we strive for! We appreciate your honesty on formal training and development and we hear you, this is valuable information. Please feel free to share with us any ideas you have at: We.Listen@smilebrands.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smile Brands Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.