Smile Brands Inc.

Dental Assistant259 reviews
United States259 reviews

Found 259 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,109 reviews
dentistpatienthygienistsmilebrandsmidwestdoctorofficesmile

Good if you’re first starting your career in the dental world

Although it was not my choice to leave, I am happy I gained work experience. This company is not one I’d recommend to work at long term. Patients are never refused and if it’s busy you are and can be worked to the bone. In addition to this, I have frequently been sent home early due to low patient flow, even when in the middle of my lunch break.

Pros

Decent health benefits, good company to work for if you’re first starting out.

Cons

Too many patients booked at one time, worked to the bone

Things have changed

I enjoyed working with everyone in my office however corporate isnt the best way to go when you want to strive to further your education and career. Higher above does not have a very close relationship with their staff and only base how great of an employee you are by clock ins/outs and hear say.

Pros

Good pay, great dentists

Cons

Corporate

Smile Brands Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Work place culture

Working with this office was like having the greatest teams. The work flow was great everyone looked out for each other and worked together. Anytime I needed time off it was always approved. Everyone knew everything so if someone was out you couldn't tell.

Pros

Patient's were amazing

Cons

Had to move.

Great place to work at

Wonderful place to work at and grow. Lots of opportunities. Experienced doctors to work with. Amazing people to work with. Friendly atmosphere to make patients comfortable.

Terrible place to work

They said full time only work 2 days a week. Not consistent at all. The doctor will pull wrong teeth. Yell at the assistants. The doctor rushes everything doesn't have a clue about his parents needs or wants.

Cons

Bad doctor's that dont care about patient's

Excellent and Professional working Doctors and Staff

Excellent and Friendly place environment with great doctors providing best care and treatment plans for all patients. Great welcoming staff all working at their most profession ism.

Great Place To Grow In Your Career !

Management is extremely helpful and so is the Staff. The whole hiring process was quite easy. You start earning PTO the first day which is great. Really a great company to work for.

Awful place to work

Awful place to work, very bad management they don't care about their employees. You don't get paid holidays,sick time or personal time it's PTO which is everything wrapped up together and very little time you get. All office's are located in strip malls some new some very old. I'm sorry that I ever worked for them No more corporate positions for me, private practices only, and they are hard to find now a days

Pros

Cons

Everything about them

Work life

It was a great job. I worked there until I got pregnant with my daughter and I moved on due to not being able to fulfill my duties as an assistant. I would reccommend working there for any aspiring dental assistant.

Fun workplace, good vibes

The staff was welcoming, and very helpful. The patients were even nice to the staff. The work needed done was taught properly and if I needed assistance I wasn’t afraid to ask.

Terrible Company

Never followed any proper sterilization/cross contamination protocol, constantly worked late hours and never got breaks, terrible management, huge turnover rate, terrible office communication, etc. Very toxic work environment with very inexperienced management. Pocket change raises after working there for years, high stress environment, greedy corporations.

Pros

Next to Safeway

Cons

Little-no breaks, always working late, inexperienced management, low pay, no raises, patients always angry because office is ran terribly, toxic work enviroment

Amazing

you know is this dentistry can be difficult it can be tricky but if you pay attention in school I promise it is so easy I was mostly administration like the front and front desk and was cool laid-back

Den

Worked there for 17 years. Good company for someone just starting out without children. Nice employees to work with. Sometimes you would have to help other locations so it’s easy to meet other people within the company.

Experienced staff

Experienced staff with good facilities and great management staff. Busy practice with happy patience. Great team atmosphere with all staff members willing to step up and help out where ever needed.

Fast paced

Smile brands is very fast paced. you must know what your doing to work here because there is very little training becaus they dont have time to train. Also hours always change With early and late hours!

A great place

I enjoy the work culture. When it comes down to it, if you do your job well your happy. The doctors are good at their jobs and it’s professional. I wish I had remained employed there.

Never seen a business like it!

The business manager (kelly) runs the place! She fired me with no knowledge by the doctor nor did she even known what my job entailed. She told unemployment that I presented misconduct(which I did not). I was awarded unemployment as she came to the meeting with a stack of blank paper. It was funny! Also, would have me come to work at 6:30am not 6:45am like everyone else. I would have to work 15 mins three times a week with no pay.

Good

The staff is wonderful. My manager is the best even though he’s leaving. The only concern is pay. One of the girls explained to me is the yearly raises aren’t much

Horrible company to work for

I worked for smile brands and never will I go back all they care about is money. Very hostile environment because nobody at the office got along. the office manager didn’t care about her employees . I was full time but had to chase my hours going to clinics 1-2 hrs away from my home clinic which was already 45 minutes from me . The pay was so low and they worked us like dogs . All was about money money money. They do not care about their employees.

Corporate run offices, all about production numbers, doctors pushed to meet production numbers with unneeded treatment

Don’t waste time with this company if you are looking for a stable professional work place.. I have seen way to many unethical and illegal things happen.. If you want a serious dental career and to work for an office that doesn’t have a horrible reputation, just look right past Smile Brands (Bright Now! Dental)

Pros

Cons

Unethical, horrible reputation, poor or nonexistent management

Everyone was very friendly

I enjoyed working for Midwest dental the time I was there. It was the commute that made me switch jobs closer to home. And when I learned the doctor was leaving the practice I decided to resign. I have nothing bad to say about Midwest dental

Pros

Great doctor, friendly co-workers

Cons

Lack of management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smile Brands Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Smile Brands Inc. with

Career recommendations for Dental Assistant

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Smile Brands Inc.