Smile Direct Club Employee Reviews

Amazing Company, Meaningful Work
Corporate HQ Employee (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2018
SmileDirectClub is an amazing company to work for. Tons of room for advancement and you know every day that you're doing meaningful work, not only providing customers access to a smile that can change their lives, but also knowing that you're a piece of this company's amazing growth. Benefits could be better, time to catch up with the other best employers in Nashville there.
Pros
work schedule flexibility, 401k match, great environment, HAPPY place to work!
Cons
benefits could be better
November 14, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are proud of the growth opportunities and mission that drives all that we do. Thank you for being a part of it -- it means so much. We appreciate your feedback on our benefits, as we certainly want our team members to feel appreciated and heard. This will continue to be a focus as we grow.

Rocket Ship
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2018
The company has hired over 3000 people in two years, with no plans of slowing down. Opportunity is everywhere, and the leadership team is a group of vets who have created this type of company twice before. The culture is very flat and very fun, but don't mistake that for a demanding environment where your best is always required. I left a good, stable job for a role at SDC, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made!
Pros
Opportunity, culture, leadership
Cons
Too many meetings, always on
November 13, 2018

This is exciting to hear! We do move fast around here, and we are thrilled about the opportunity for growth and collaboration. Thank you so much for your support -- happy to have you on the team.

Horrible
Smile guide (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 28, 2018
This is not a dental assisting job. It's a SALES job. They only care if your sales numbers are high and don't care if the customer doesn't have the funds to afford the aligners. They want you to force the customer in putting a card number so you could meet a quota. Management sucks, they have NO EXPERIENCE in the dental field and they pick favorites and don't listen to complaints and tell you to figure it out yourself instead of trying to help you. You are not guaranteed your 40 hrs if your sales numbers aren't high. Coworkers are pitted against each other to get most guests and the sale. A TOXIC ENVIRONMENT. This company has potential but they only care about the sales.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, environment, only care about sales
October 30, 2018

We're disappointed to see this, as we take pride in the collaborative and supportive culture we aim to foster. The SmileGuide job is a unique role that combines both dental experience and retail skills, and we hire manager to support in these efforts. If this hasn't been the experience you've had, we take that seriously, as we want all team members to feel heard and coached. We hope you will reach out to discuss further at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Unprofessional people and it's like working with high schoolers
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNOctober 18, 2018
I am currently working here and when I tell you it's like high school all over again I really mean it. First of all you can't even get a parking spot because the traffic with the previous shift leaving is so terrible. Almost everyone there has no type of dental experience at all or even has a degree. The people I work with are very immature and very ignorant and do nothing but gossip and talk about their whole personal lives to anyone around them. If you are just keeping to yourself they will literally start a fight with you for no reason or talk about you. It's so easy to get hired here because they perform no drug test or reference checks at all so you end working with literally the WORST kind of people. If you bring up an issue you're having with someone to leadership, all they will tell you is to ignore it. Management is very snooty and act like they don't wanna be bothered with anything. They require you to work Saturday AND Sunday when that was not specified when you first got hired so you will literally be working none stop some weeks. They have way too many payroll issues and don't keep promises they make about paying out bonuses. They will constantly change rules and not tell anybody. I could go on forever about this place and how unprofessional it is but that's the main idea. Do not waste your time and sanity on this place.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
October 22, 2018

We're disheartened to see this, as it's our top priority to create as safe and healthy work environment for our team. We are growing quickly, and we will continue to make this a priority through the changes we're making to our talent acquisition process, leadership training, etc. Each team member should always feel heard, and if that hasn't been the case, we want to change that. Please reach out to peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com to discuss further.

No work-life balance
n/a (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2018
The company has great culture, but horrible benefits and work-life balance. Depending on your position, you can become overwhelmed easily with the intensive work load. You will hear often that SmileDirect Club has a fast paced environment, but it’s not a positive statement. This means that the company wants high productivity at all costs and you'll be fielding a steady flow of emergencies. You're going to work more hours than they are paying you.
Pros
Cons
Work-life Balance, benefits, pay
October 18, 2018

Hi there. We would like to clarify that the environment and pace around here are certainly unique. We are clear with team members and candidates that the way we work isn't in line with your average office job, but we find the pace and structure to be rewarding, inspiring, and energetic. We certainly want our team members to feel balance and support, and this will continue to be a priority as we grow and learn. If you'd like to speak further, we sure hope you will reach out at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Horrible Bosses
Smile Guide (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 14, 2018
Horrible people who over-hire at new shops and then lay people off when the corporate marketing team doesn't bring customers to the shop.
Most managers are uneducated and clueless about running a business.
Pros
you get aligners at a discount
Cons
you can't wear the aligners because they hurt and I don't trust the dentists they have
October 18, 2018

We appreciate your feedback here. We'd like to clarify that as we've grown, we've learned and adapted our hiring strategy as well as the types of skills we want to hire for in the various positions at SmileShops. In addition, we're proud of the aligner discount we offer, and the licensed dentists and orthodontists who preside over our SmilePlans. That said, we're a young company and growing quickly, and we look forward to continuing to make changes to support our team. If you'd like to discuss further, please reach out to peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Great Start Up
Pass (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 26, 2018
I really appreciate my time with this start-up.
It's amazing how many smiles we created with this amazing team. If you are not open to new ideas, this isn't a place for you.
October 3, 2018

That's awesome to hear! We sure are proud of being able to create smiles for both our customers and our team members. Thank you for your kind words.

Easy, fast paced job
Dental Assistant/Smile Guide (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MinnetonkaSeptember 25, 2018
This job is very easy compared to an actual dental office. A typical day includes taking 3D scans on an Itero and helping customers choose a payment plan. If you are looking for a laid back and fun job, this place is for you.
Pros
Hours, pay, work life balance
October 3, 2018

We appreciate your feedback here! We sure are proud of our SmileGuides for being able to combine their dental experience with the customer facing skills we value in our shops as well. Thank you for your kind words.

Run!
Dental Assistant/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2018
I hated it. This company does not care about their workers. I was totally unhappy with this company. They have very little respect for employees and there is no space for growth. It is also retail dentistry and I hated that the most.
October 3, 2018

We're disappointed to see this. The sentiment of our team members as well as providing opportunities for growth are both major priorities for our team, and we'll continue to work towards this as we grow. We sure hope to learn more from you, and we hope you will reach out to peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Not for me
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNSeptember 13, 2018
This is a very easy job...good pay for the work you do..they even pay you if they don't have work..they do hold nice events...I never really had any problems with anyone there...but the environment is just not for me...it's a lot people in a small space....a lot different attitudes and some can be very unpleasant...parking is a nightmare..I've almost been hit like two times on foot...countless in my car...I really enjoyed this job in the beginning, but after being here for a few months. Determine this is not the place for me...if you love being all people this is the job for you.......for the work to be so easy and simple, it's a little stressful place to work. I wish the company nothing but the best. Doesn't mean it wasn't a right fit for me it wouldn't be for somone else you would have to try it for yourself...could be the perfect fit for you.
Pros
Sent home with pay, events, pay, climate control
Cons
environment, parking
October 3, 2018

We appreciate your feedback here, as we certainly aim to create a comfortable and exciting work environment for our team members. While we definitely move fast, we're proud of our pace and the various perspectives of our team. That said, safety and happiness within the work environment is always top priority for people support. We sure hope you will reach out to discuss further at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Fun, Fast Paced Place To Work At
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNSeptember 6, 2018
As a growing Global company with many moving parts, communication within departmental roles can be difficult. However, this is an area that has greatly improved overtime and the company has offered different initiatives to ensure growth.
October 3, 2018

This is fantastic to hear! With our fast growth, we're also working towards improving our procedures and streamlining communication. This will continue to be a priority, and we hope you will continue to share your feedback. We can always be reached at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

great job
Senior Lead Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNSeptember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, enjoyed the work, and my coworkers. easy job and i was able to promote during the time i was there. i went in did my job and left for home. never needed to take work home with me.
October 3, 2018

This is wonderful to hear! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave some kind words.

Not Dental but sales SALES
3d image scanner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2018
Well, the benefit team can't figure anything out....Management has favorites. Lies to employees and to the customers 😭 So sad, to see Dental assistant with experience get treated so poorly. I HAD TO LEAVE...I have higher standards as a dental assistant. I should of took the offer from Invisalign...instead got bamboozled by SDC because I beleive in the lies they told me. I left an office of 5 years, where I spent 5 months on wasted commute, money, parking and my LIFE

I only liked the " We Work staff and the other people around the building"
if you like drama, getting lied too and getting ripped off then this is your place to be. If you are a DENTAL ASSISTANT, find an office. Half of these dental assistant either have no experience, lazy or don't care.
All I did there was EAT, SLEEP and SNAPCHAT all day! Got so bored that it was very unhealthy.

So funny...How all the experienced assistants left in 5 months cause " WE DESERVE BETTER!!!" We respect our title as a dental assistant, and the customer's need quality dental care
Pros
we works
Cons
read what I wrote
October 3, 2018

We're disheartened to see this, as it's always our top priority for our team members to feel supported and happy in their roles. The SmileGuide role is unique, as it blends both dental background skills and customer facing skills. It's our goal to make this clear within the candidate and training process, and we always want our SmileGuides to feel supported and like they have the resources they need to be successful and grow within the company. We sure hope you will reach out to discuss further at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

More of a sales position then dental
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 23, 2018
More a sales position then dental. Weak management. Not military friendly. However they do pay well. I dont recomend the Rochester shop altough other shops are thriving.
October 3, 2018

We're concerned to see this, as we take great pride in our team members, and we always want them to feel supported and set up for success. The SmileGuide role is unique, as it blends dental skills with customer service skills. If you'd like to provide more feedback on this, we'd love to hear it. We can always be reached at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Toxic work environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 14, 2018
Unfortunately managers are hired from sales departments and have never worked at a dental office before. I am a dental assistant with plenty of experience but yet forced to work under a manager that lacks any sort of dental knowledge, restricts employee advancement to certain employees, shows favoritism, and blames other employees for not doing the managers job when certain things that a manager is supposed to do doesn't get done. The manager also needs to look over 3d scans and before photos to approve, but yet the manager does NOT have the credentials to even know what to look for to approve impressions. SDC has potential and is a great company to work for but waking up knowing you have to go to work with a manager that only demoralizes employees will never keep the company strong enough to keep it running smoothly.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, flexibility
August 18, 2018

We're saddened to see this, as it's important to us to create a positive and encouraging work environment. Our people support team is here to offer support and guidance, and we sure hope to speak further. We can be reached at: peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com

I love working at SDC! Such and exciting environment with many talented and bright team members to learn from!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 9, 2018
The culture is incredible! Everyone is eager to grow and develop themselves. The leadership coaches in a very positive way that encourages you to improve rather than getting discouraged.
I myself have grown so much in many different ways in my time here. This is a truly special company that is an honor to work for.
It is important to remember that while we have done so much in such a short time everything is not going to be perfect because we are 4 years old and growing at an astonishing rate. That is going to present challenges and that is something that happens in every business. It is the companies that face the challenges head on and persevere through those challenges that make their mark on the world! This is something that I remind myself of every time I face a challenge or difficult situation at SDC. We are all a part of something very special. :)
Pros
Growth, beautiful office, great leadership examples
October 3, 2018

This is fantastic to hear, and we sure are proud of the special and unique environment we've created here. It's wonderful to have a team that works with passion and excitement within the fast paced growth we've experienced -- it's truly what keeps us going. We sure hope you will continue to share your input, and we thank you for your support.

Production
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work makes you feel good your able to help the customer out to have a better smile . Working at smile direct club is pretty cool and laid back for the most part .
Pros
Hours
Cons
Get points for anything
October 3, 2018

That's what we're all about! Thank you so much for taking the time to share.

This is the worst Job in Davidson County
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 2, 2018
I hate it with a passion. When I pull in the parking lot my blood pressure rise. I already know its going to be a trying day. Its sad when Im not the only one who feel this way. Dont come here unless this is your last resort. Im warning you. This place should be for work release inmates.
Pros
You get to act like a animal
Cons
Management is terrible. All the way down to HR
October 3, 2018

We're disappointed to see this, as we take pride in our team members and the exciting and energetic work environment. That said, we're always open to feedback, and we'd love to speak further. Please reach out to peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Garbage
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNJuly 23, 2018
This job is only available if you need a quick and easy check. Other than that, the work environment is caustic. They would love to tell you to work mandatory hours on short notice and forget about fair job advancement. It’s all about favorites. They don’t care about your work/life balance. This company will go under eventually.
Pros
Pay
Cons
They hire anyone
August 18, 2018

Hi there. We'd like to clarify that our team places high importance on providing a secure work environment with a healthy work/life balance. These values remain in focus as we rapidly grow, and we know that our team members are great resources for guiding these efforts. We sure hope you will reach out at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com to discuss further.

All that glitters aint gold
smile guide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2018
Decided to work for this company for a nice easy part time job. The part time pay was great and i actually left a pretty good job for this one due to the pay and my schedule to work every Saturday. Well all the glamour didnt last long, my first manager was Fired and the way the company handled it was so unprofessional. They wanted me to not tell customers certain things about the company. There was a doctors license hanging in the office but they soon took it down. Two more employees were fired and the police was called for one. Then my hours got cut and the store hours were changed and I was not even told about this. Customers complaining about not recieving their product and no one would help them. We had patient everywhere and they cut how many assistants can see customer. Basically if u werent making sales you were not seeing customers so i sat around alot. I always felt sorry for the full time employees because the company constantly cut hours and changed regulations.
Pros
uniform, pay
Cons
changs all the time, bad management
August 18, 2018

We're sorry to see this. as it's important to us to provide a transparent and positive environment for both our team members and our customers at our SmileShops. In order to do this, we aim to provide quality training and supportive management. We're growing quick, and we would appreciate additional feedback from you in order to help these values remain central in future hiring and training. Please reach out to us at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com for further discussion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smile Direct Club. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss