Smile Doctors Employee Reviews

Not a friendly staff but can be a fun workplace without the drama
Orthodontist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXAugust 27, 2018
Events can be pretty fun but there is too much drama within the “team”. There are about 12 girls working,so you can imagine the cattiness. The doctor,manager and trainers aren’t much different. They do not train you for long so if you don’t get the job ASAP you are out!
Pros
Employees try to help as much as possible.
Cons
Drama, lack of training and communication
Rewarding job experience!
RCM (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 27, 2018
We love on our staff and our patients first, and straighten teeth second. This is such a fun environment to work in. It’s a joy to see the patients so happy with their result at the end of this process. I thoroughly enjoy coming to work everyday and seeing the patients and parents positive experience at each and every visit.
Pros
Fun, upbeat atmosphere to work
Cons
No 401K
Great team and overall atmosphere
Practice Director (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 24, 2018
Caring for our patients is the most interesting and important part of this job. We are encouraged by Smile Doctors to take the time to make everyone feel special. We are made to feel special as a part of Smile Doctors so it is easy to pass that on! Support and training in all areas is available. I love my job.
Pros
Great support from management
If I could rate more than 5 stars, I would!
Practice Director (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 23, 2018
I have been in the dental field for 14 years, I joined this team 3 years ago and it has been nothing but growth and opportunity for me! I LOVE the culture Smile Doctors Promotes, it has made me a better person at work and at home. I never would have imagined that I would be able to work 4 days a week, and support my family. I have the piece of mind with the benefits that Smile Doctors offers me and my family at a rate I can actually afford. I am able to take the time off I need. The Founders of this organization are amazing as are all the people that keep this team supported and feeling the love. I have experienced nothing but supportive and encouraging leadership, who allow you to be your self at work and just have FUN while connecting with your team and patients! Every month we have a super fun themed dress up day, check us out on Facebook to get a feel for our culture in the office. The training program and the support you receive is top notch. I love working at Smile Doctors and will recommend working here to everyone I meet.
Pros
Benefits, Great Hours, Fun Fast Paced Environment, Great Team, Great Pay, Bonus Program, Referral Program, Fun Dress Up Days
Cons
No 401K
Not worth the time and stress
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 15, 2018
I was a previous employee from the original Dr who sold to Smile Drs. Coming from a practice that was very well managed and ran as a very well oiled machine, when Smile Drs came in everything changed. They lacked the training abilities in our office for an entire year and then said that they grew too quickly and our office “fell through the cracks.” After they started to try and be more present in our office the management continued to decline and the working environment became so stressful and unorganized. Patient treatment was going by the wayside and our jobs were verbally threatened on multiple occasions for no reason. I was a person who use to love my job and enjoyed every aspect of it until Smile Drs became involved. In our particular practice they were all about hitting quotas and money and not about patient care.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No benefits, threats towards your job and constant mandatory lunch meetings
Fun work place
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 3, 2018
I loved the actual working environment, very upbeat and energetic, however, the management is terrible. The whole working experience was very fun, and I did enjoy externing there.
Pros
fub
We have a fun and friendly work environment
Orthodontic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GAJune 14, 2018
I love working for Smile Doctors. I have learn and grown so much in such a short time with my Smile Doctors team. They have given me many opportunities for growth.
Fun Place
SSC (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 8, 2018
Smile Doctors has a great culture! Very loving to people and excepting them as family. Lots of laughing, high energy, dancing, and dress up days! Great working environment.
Hoping for Sucess
Director of Procurement & Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 30, 2018
The company was a great influence on my life and was not thee typical corporate world. Received new management which destroyed the culture. All the Directors and others were let go because the CEO was not a leader and could not place the company on a budget. The co-founders were great and seem to really care. The people give all the time and energy which I hope can keep this company up and running. Borrowing money and talking about spending was a hardship that should have been stopped and reviewed correctly. New management was anxious to clean house and blame the people that left for existing issues that still exist today.
Pros
I loved the people and the beginning culture
Cons
Lost the culture when New Mgmt arrived. No Plan in place to correct issues
Fun place to work but very busy
Chair side Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GAMay 18, 2018
I like working there ...Very upbeat and busy, the people on the team make you feel comfortable and they try to help when they can. Its fun and you have to be somewhat energetic
Pros
Fun, Very fam. Oriented
Cons
Pay, And sometimes not enough hours
Fun working environment
Orthodontic Assitant (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GAMay 9, 2018
Smile Doctors has a wonderful culture and they care for the employees. There really isn't a hard part about working for Smile Doctors. They believe in loving on people and straightening teeth second.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
N/a
Don't trust them
RDA (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMarch 19, 2018
I don't have good information about this company but I went in I have to say two months ago to do a working interview and off the bat you can just tell some of the assistant in the back were not friendly or welcoming they had they're own little group where they gossiped and kept to each other only not willing to show anyone anything. It made me feel really uncomfortable going in just for a working interview. Then I was told I was going to get paid for the day and they were supposed to send if through mail. It has been two month and I still haven't got paid for it. But they had the nerve to ask me to come back for a 2nd working interview cause they didn't get to see me work on a patient and that my last check for my working interview was going to be in the mail that same Friday and I still haven't received anything. So how do I know if I'm going to get paid is that something I would have to worry about.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Gossip girls, don't get paid
Fast paced orthodontic corporation
Procurement Lead (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Fast paced ortho offices that are steadily growing and expanding into more areas ...

One of their founder's motto was "love them first, straighten second". They are absolutely all about the patient experience.
SmileDoctors
I.T. Administrator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Other than a few management quirks this is an amazing place to work. They are growing fast and the culture is awesome. They treat you like family as well.
Changes made did not benefit the company
Ortho assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 17, 2017
As an original hire under Togrye administration I loved my job, as smile doctors took over i began to question what i was doing as an assistant and if I stood by the work. I then chose to resign after three years, I do miss the girls but not the negative changes. Togrye was the greatest teacher I've ever had.
Pros
Togrye as the doctor
Cons
management changes
fun place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 12, 2017
This is an experience like no other. Never a dull moment. They have the best interest of the patient first and foremost. I would recommend this office to any and everyone that wants braces.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
N/a
Daily Work Life
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 8, 2017
A typical day at Smile Doctors is having to be professional but fun at the same time. I learned something new every day while working there. I learned how to take an impression and how to take care of pokey wires in patient's mouths. I had to manage the front desk there and it would get stressful at times but I loved it no matter how busy it got. The hardest part of the job was having to say good bye to my coworkers/friends I made while having this wonderful job. I did enjoy the fact that after working there for only a few weeks the people on the job eventually become your second family.
Pros
1 hr lunch break
Cons
Hours can get crazy and patients tend to come in waves.
Good Culture Gone Bad
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple/Killeen/Harker Heights/AustinApril 21, 2016
this was an awesome place to work until... the culture has gone down hill. The management team that demonstrated that they wanted to develop the team has been chased off.

This place had such promise.
Pros
the people
Cons
the management