Smile Doctors Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Clinic (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GAFebruary 7, 2019
I found that although Smile Doctors culture is to love on their patients and each other that is not necessarily the way the offices are run. There are a lot of deceptions made by the women in charge. I find the training and the Culture is not always as important to the crew as it is to the Smile Doctors Company. Employees are not free to express their concerns for fear of losing their jobs. Friendships run the office. If you are in the loop you are safe. If not then you mean nothing. Raises are pretty much non existent. The hours and the travel distance does not make since with the low hourly rates they pay their employees.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Poor management, long hours, work on Saturdays, low pay, travel distance too far
Poorly managed
Chairside Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAFebruary 7, 2019
Poorly managed Smile Doctors. Everyone’s misrable, and underpaid. Do not apply here. Do yourself a favor and look for something else. There’s lots of favoritism around here. If you don’t kiss the boss’s butt, you ain’t nothing.
Pros
It’s a job... at least...
Cons
Long hours, no raises, favoritism, lazy leaders.
Very stressful place to work
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 17, 2019
There are continuous changes made. Never get comfortable, because it is sure to change soon! Turn over continuously. They work as few staff as possible with as much work as they can possible get you to do. We never saw patients on time. Total Chaos!
Pros
They provided shirts to wear.
Cons
To many to list
Upper management is great. Immediate manager was terrible
Asssitant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 16, 2019
I thoroughly enjoy my job. I love the culture SD instills and how they put patient experience #1. My doctors were great and coworkers were fun...However, my office manager was terrible! She did not exude the happy, loving culture that was so important to SD. She was what I call “a boss, not a leader”. She was always late, was very negative, played favorites, talked behind employees backs to other employees, caused drama, micromanaged, knit-picked, and would even question you in front of patients and parents. Totally unprofessional and heartless at times. There was also a lot of pressure for after-hour events and if you didn’t go you were made to feel guilty and “not a team player” (it was difficult for me since I am a single mom). Upper management was nice but I didn’t feel I got much of a chance to reveal any of this info to them.
Pros
Fun environment with patients
Cons
Management, personal treatment NOT free, too many after-hours events
Great culture and a fun place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2019
I have worked for Smile Doctors for about 6 months and I love the positive culture! SD encourages work/life balance and management is very supportive. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a place to be surrounded by an upbeat, hard-working, and loving team. SD is a growing company, so there are changes happening rapidly that require you to be able to be flexible, but I think things are moving in the right direction.
Pros
Team culture, benefits, work/life balance
Intimidating work environment
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 26, 2018
The metairie location is a hostile work environment, the young ladies that were chosen to train new employees are very catty ladies, the use foul language toward each other, and the pry on your personal life, they feel because the disclose you should too, they do not respect your privacy. The manager is no different, they are always hiring because people quit for these reasons among others. They try to make you feel like you are incompetent to do this very simple job which is not complex at all.
Pros
An hour lunch break
I love my job and my Smile Doctors family
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 18, 2018
I’ve been working for Smile Doctors for 2 years. I love my team members and everything this company stands for. I have witnessed the growth and have had opportunities for advancement because of it. It is truly awesome organization to be a part of.
Pros
Rewards trip, benefits, work-life balance, culture, team member family
Been Loyal does not pay off working for this company
Assistant Manager / Point (Current Employee) –  GADecember 18, 2018
I worked 4-5 day week stayed late to make sure everything was ready for the next day and came in early to make sure everyone was ready for that Morning . New Doc is rushing the Old Doc patients out of treatment.What did I Learn? That a Smile is not always friendly Smile.Words of promises means Nothing and Never Trust anyone.!!!!
Culture that's a Joke. Hardest part about my job? Group of Wonderful
Women that I had the a pleasure to work with that I won't work with next year. With in the group their are four girls I worked with for 22yrs,so that like losing a love one by four times.I will miss the Laughter and the joking that we did to keep each other motivated.
Pros
Always meaning someone new
Cons
Leaving patients that depended on that I would be there to work on them
Love Working Here
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXDecember 6, 2018
Smile Doctors has truly been a blessing in my life! I think most of the team at Smile Doctors truly cares about its employees and their goal is to show that same respect to patients. Would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Good Benefits, Locations Across USA, Great HR
Cons
Great at first, then everything started to fall apart.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 6, 2018
They speak so highly of this culture, yet no one follows it. The management is poor everyone from the CFO to the accounting supervisor & manager. Horrible communication. I'm surprised this company hasn't gone bankrupt.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, communication, culture
High stress corporate job
Orthodontic Technician (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 21, 2018
High stress production based company. Poor patient care and training. Quality patient care was not as important as volume of patients. Long work hours with no lunch time.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long distance travel, stressful work environment
Very poor managment
Ortho (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 25, 2018
I worked for Smile Doctors and everything started off great. I loved my job and worked as hard as possible to move up and try different positions. Once you do not agree with management or don't go with exactly the way they think you become part of the "out" crowd. SD is said to be all about culture but is definitely far from it for their employees and after the patient signs the contract.
I do not wish to include any details
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Good location.
Met new people.
Lacking management skills
Culture was amazing at the beginning, then fell off.
Hardest part is to keep up the morale.
the people I worked with.
Not a friendly staff but can be a fun workplace without the drama
Orthodontist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXAugust 27, 2018
Events can be pretty fun but there is too much drama within the “team”. There are about 12 girls working,so you can imagine the cattiness. The doctor,manager and trainers aren’t much different. They do not train you for long so if you don’t get the job ASAP you are out!
Pros
Employees try to help as much as possible.
Cons
Drama, lack of training and communication
Rewarding job experience!
RCM (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 27, 2018
We love on our staff and our patients first, and straighten teeth second. This is such a fun environment to work in. It’s a joy to see the patients so happy with their result at the end of this process. I thoroughly enjoy coming to work everyday and seeing the patients and parents positive experience at each and every visit.
Pros
Fun, upbeat atmosphere to work
Cons
No 401K
Great team and overall atmosphere
Practice Director (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 24, 2018
Caring for our patients is the most interesting and important part of this job. We are encouraged by Smile Doctors to take the time to make everyone feel special. We are made to feel special as a part of Smile Doctors so it is easy to pass that on! Support and training in all areas is available. I love my job.
Pros
Great support from management
If I could rate more than 5 stars, I would!
Practice Director (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 23, 2018
I have been in the dental field for 14 years, I joined this team 3 years ago and it has been nothing but growth and opportunity for me! I LOVE the culture Smile Doctors Promotes, it has made me a better person at work and at home. I never would have imagined that I would be able to work 4 days a week, and support my family. I have the piece of mind with the benefits that Smile Doctors offers me and my family at a rate I can actually afford. I am able to take the time off I need. The Founders of this organization are amazing as are all the people that keep this team supported and feeling the love. I have experienced nothing but supportive and encouraging leadership, who allow you to be your self at work and just have FUN while connecting with your team and patients! Every month we have a super fun themed dress up day, check us out on Facebook to get a feel for our culture in the office. The training program and the support you receive is top notch. I love working at Smile Doctors and will recommend working here to everyone I meet.
Pros
Benefits, Great Hours, Fun Fast Paced Environment, Great Team, Great Pay, Bonus Program, Referral Program, Fun Dress Up Days
Cons
No 401K
Not worth the time and stress
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 15, 2018
I was a previous employee from the original Dr who sold to Smile Drs. Coming from a practice that was very well managed and ran as a very well oiled machine, when Smile Drs came in everything changed. They lacked the training abilities in our office for an entire year and then said that they grew too quickly and our office “fell through the cracks.” After they started to try and be more present in our office the management continued to decline and the working environment became so stressful and unorganized. Patient treatment was going by the wayside and our jobs were verbally threatened on multiple occasions for no reason. I was a person who use to love my job and enjoyed every aspect of it until Smile Drs became involved. In our particular practice they were all about hitting quotas and money and not about patient care.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No benefits, threats towards your job and constant mandatory lunch meetings
Fun work place
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 3, 2018
I loved the actual working environment, very upbeat and energetic, however, the management is terrible. The whole working experience was very fun, and I did enjoy externing there.
Pros
fub
We have a fun and friendly work environment
Orthodontic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GAJune 14, 2018
I love working for Smile Doctors. I have learn and grown so much in such a short time with my Smile Doctors team. They have given me many opportunities for growth.