Smith's Food and Drug Employee Reviews

Job was pleasant and benefited me
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZNovember 8, 2018
A typical day I assisted customers, maintained a clean area, and stocked fresh product. My typical night for closing my station consisted of trimming and making trays of fruits, vegetables, and corn.
I enjoy helping people and I get along with my co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 5, 2018
I have a positive attitude and enjoy helping people this is a job that I enjoy going to daily. I would like it if the courtesy clerks would be more respectful and listen to management and be able to complete tasks. I don't mind helping out but I don't feel we should have to do there jobs for them on a regular basis. I do my best and try to assist when needed. I would like it if everybody worked together and co-workers would get along better.
Pros
I do the best I can do! I enjoy working here!
Cons
Courtesy clerks need to work harder as a team!
It was a fun place to work met great people there
Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 29, 2018
Simple day included working all the departments stocking more then I should have done and unloading a truck 3 days a week with limited space in the back room. Daily tasks included greeting all the customers and putting them first.
Kiss their butt to make sure they like you, they will be shady about the way they will fire you. Not a good place to work.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  3215 S Valley St, Salt Lake City, UT 84109October 28, 2018
Smiths sucks, "We don't pay you to smile or be happy but we will force you to look it" holiday season customers turn to demons, work friends are the best.
Pros
The friends you make at work
Cons
Working for company itself.
Nepotism and management that never appriciates employee work
Melon Production Lead Holiday, Utah (Current Employee) –  Holiday UtOctober 24, 2018
The company is full of nepotism which makes advancing extremely difficult. you can work as hard as you can and see others pass by and never receive a compliment the best you get is "it looks good but...." or they only talk to you if there is something wrong. no appreciation, and stressful work environment with advances going to family and friends of management
Bad hours and poor management.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTOctober 22, 2018
Hard work was rewarded with more work, if you work with a good crew then it is a good job but that is rare. If you work with lazy people you have to do twice the work.
Guaranteed only 20hrs/week
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2018
Most positions are part time and don't provide consistent hours to make enough to live off of. Hard to get a second job because if you don't offer open availability they only have to schedule you for one shift per week.
Cons
inconsistent scheduling, find out schedule Friday evening before the work week, no set schedules
I enjoyed working for kroger
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at the job. I learned while working their the ways of working with the merchandise. Best management i ever worked with. If you enjoy working with different product and many different career paths, you will love working here. The hardest part is customers trying to get free product or fighting you to get a discount, but management is always on the ball and willing to assist. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the elderly with their purchase and wishing them a great day.
Pros
Great discounts, Positive atmosphere, great management
Cons
Costumers trying to steal merchandise
Repetitive work environment
Courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2018
Learned a great deal in customer service at Smith's, as for labor it was all basic upkeep of the store and helping and assisting customers when needed as well as fetching carts. All would have been a laid-back work environment if not for such the fast-paced demand from customers and management.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Unfriendly staff
I loved all the people i came in contact with
Fuel/Bakery/Service Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTOctober 11, 2018
You learned to be quick-paced but still within reason so you don't hurt yourself or others. Employee's and customers you work with each day make things interesting. I loved working there. It was fun, some days felt longer than others but everyone gets those days, whether it was super busy or slow day and you got more work done.
Pros
10% off store brands
Cons
breaks were up in the air.. some positions they received them others didn't.
Great as a first job but no further potential.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 9, 2018
This place was great as a starter job, my first one. But this work is tedious and requires only the most basic of motor skills and has no real fun in it. My co workers were great and it was fun to work with them, but there is no real competition in the workplace which leads to a lack of motivation in the workplace.
Pros
Discount on Kroger products, flexible schedule, co-workers can be fun.
Cons
Short breaks, usually short staffed, no advancement or competition.
Great place to work, horrible local level bosses
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  WyomingOctober 9, 2018
I loved my time at Smith's. The only downside is the older MGMT within the stores that are not willing to change with the growing industry or even within the company guidelines. Teams work together wonderfully with the occasional mishap of course.
Pros
Decent healthcare, Pto, advancement opportunities
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of passing the buck, can only focus on one uplift it seems.
awesome managers but non awesome breaks
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 8, 2018
I liked how the Team members were accepting to assist new on coming employees. what i disliked was that we only got 20 min break even during long shifts.
Great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2018
I missed Smith's. Smith's was one of the only places that was a huge store, but felt like a family no matter which one you would go into. Very good culture and they promote from within!
Pretty fun for a while
Fuel Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 26, 2018
Smith's was a great place to work if you're not working in the Fuel Center. If you're in that dedpartment, you will be working alone and miserable. Also, if you need to use the restroom, you have to walk all the way across the parking lot and into the main building. Other than that, the pay and the hours are pretty good.
Pros
Good pay, timed raises
Cons
far away restrooms, loneliness
Stressful and lack of management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 26, 2018
There are good and bad people who work for Smiths. From my experience, no one treats each other with respect or dignity. The lead CSM is great but the others are terrible. Everyone is very hypocritical.
Pros
Some coworkers and customers are nice
Cons
Management and other coworkers are terrible and love power
Bagger and Cart Retriever
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTSeptember 25, 2018
I pushed carts back into the store and bagged groceries for customers. It gets repetitive but its not a bad job for someone in high school. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me at the time.
Pros
Able to trade shifts
Cons
Boring at times and repetitive
Great pay low social life
Order Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTSeptember 24, 2018
If you like working in a warehouse and working 12+ hour shifts then this would be a perfect job, pay was a base of 20 and the more items you picked the better you got paid great people to work for awesome upper management long hours great pay but little to no social life and weird days off.
Pros
great pay, upper management
Cons
long hours, hard work
Terrible Communication
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYSeptember 20, 2018
There was never really good communication between coworkers. So when you go to say you're going to be off on certain days not even the csms knew you'd tell one csm and then they wouldn't even tell the boss.
Good company to work for. Fair and supportive.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Heber City, UTSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoy people and customer service.
I learned safety procedures.
Management worked with employees
Great people to work with
Using the plastic bags
Getting to know customers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bathroom and lunchroom in the back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smith's Food and Drug. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss