Smith's Food and Drug
65Average

Smith's Food and Drug Employee Reviews

United States852 reviews
The employees vary from nice to picky.
Some of the employees are nice but there are those who go from being nice to talking behind each other's backs. It's very dramatic and not an environment I would go back to.
I enjoyed my time working at smiths. Everyone was great to work with and I loved helping the customers. It taught me valuable customer service and work skills.
Work life for smiths
Lead CSM have the best schedule because they make their own schedule. Which sets a tone for other managers being fed up. Which creates more of a false hope for regular employees and work environment unfriendly and more stressful. Plus power to lead csm means he can say and do because he has the power above all and if anything comes about you get written up for unnecessary stuff. Just by sticking up for myself
Not a bad job
I’ve worked there for over a year as a courtesy clerk is not hard it’s just the weather time it was too hot you need to stay hydrated and if it’s too cold keep a heads up on the clothes you need to have a speed to bring in carts from the parking lot
good environment and workers, decent management
The fellow employees were good people, some got away with more things than others because they were more friendly towards management. The managers were mostly cool except for one that made the job a lot harder than it should've been
Pros
Good people work there
Cons
short breaks, hustles workers too much
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Fun work place
Good managers, Good work you stay busy. You learn new area's when you ask or show more interest. I learned how to be more focused on the job. helped me be organized.
Goid
Good for the time I worked here Fair and engaging. Fun management, Long days with fair pay. Good coworkers, Good vacation and holidays No retirement plan.
Continuous work with friendly employees
There was always work to be done that kept me busy for my whole shift. Other employees I worked with were fun and easy to talk to. Management was friendly and helpful with whatever we needed.
a typical cashier job
employees are paid by time spent with the company not performance so wages start low. some managers are more friendly than others and each have their own rules they expect you to follow. day managers want friendly faces and speed but night managers are more flexible and fun.
beer theft was common and rampant but managers would give you verbal and eventually written warnings if you even yelled at the thief. you could get in trouble for not reporting larger thefts though.

I was underpaid and cared to much about the thefts so I left.
Overall great place to work
Smith’s Food & Drug is overall a great place to work. Plenty of opportunities to move up. Great job security. Overall good management. I would recommend this company to others.
Appreciation
They just dont appreciate what they have in the employees. I am not saying that they do this all the time. Its just that they need to fix this problem
Pros
Easy to get to. Close to my home
Cons
They need to work on treating thier employees better
An ok job
Work was simple but nice. I helped attend to customers and clean every hour. Occassionally I would get free time to myself which is nice. The real highlight for me was helping the customers and knowing that my manager had my back. The training was kinda ruff and a bit rushed. I felt like I didn't even know most of our products before I was left on my own.
Positive atmosphere
Have only worked at Smith's a short time, i feel like i have been welcomed with open arms. The people are friendly and very optimistic and have there daily goals of serving their customers.
Not a career
Good place for a job. Not a place to make a long term career. Use to be an amazing company to work for but things have changed so much that it is no longer.
Flexible working hours. Demanding physically. Reliable pay.
All jobs require several hours on foot. Bakery job involves lifting boxes, carrying metal trays, and reaching high and low shelves.

There is always something to do. The pay is consistent and fair for the work completed. However, it can feel like the company cares little about their entry level employees. Supply orders have frequently gone unmet, product changes have been made, and responsibilities have been adjusted before with little to no communication. This can cause the environment to become frustrating to work in
Good joh
Wish they had better management and need to spend time teaching new employees. They get thrown out and expected to know things without guidance. Starting wage to.low for expected knowledge. Need a huddle dailey before starting to know new practices and policy. You need to know anything new or selling limits.
They were great and gave me many chances and they were super patient with me.
I loved working for this company. If you do work here and live close to the orem Smith's I suggest working there the management is super amazing and forgiving and kind. Don't take advantage of them like I did though. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is doing carts.
Smith's only cares about making money for themselves.
Working for Smith's is a thankless job. The attitude there is you can be replaced at any time. To them, you are just a number and not a person. They expect you to be fast on the register and even rate how many items per minute you ring up. It is all about making money for them, yet the cashiers only make $14 an hour, and that is if they have been there a long time.
Short term
The pay was bad and the manager didn’t really care if I was there or not so the hours were little to none.. be very pushy about your schedule or you’ll get played out your pay
location and hours of operation
very pleased between my school hours and flexibility with days rotation
received a very good feed back from customers of my job performance

and assisting
My manager was always doing his best to show and help his team improve their work and time management. Management would never let you fall behind and when improvements were visible, they would make sure you are known that they appreciate all of your hard work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smith's Food and Drug. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.