Smith & Nephew Employee Reviews

terrible untrained management
unrealistic expectations
no training
public ridicule
benefits are not that great
no promotions from within
you have to kiss butt to get anywhere
Pros
cafe chefs are good
Cons
everything
Depends on Department / Management
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 16, 2018
Current department and management is a non-stressful but stimulating environment. Current position gives broad overview of many company / industrial practices. Some employees are ridiculously lazy and others are ridiculously overworked, seems to be very dependent on which department and/or manager one has. Unfortunately, job opportunities seem to pigeon-hole people from within when it comes to hiring and promotions. Not much inter-departmental communications.
we have this sign all over the building see something say something but in reality if you say something there is retaliation
Packager Trainer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2018
I like work for the company i enjoy working there but sometime upper
management take advantage of there position as well as supervisor you have some who really care about what that do and others just there for a pay check
benefits
Cons
its not what you know who you know
My review on being a employee at SMITH&NEPHEW is a growing experience i have learned a lot bout surgical instruments.
DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  3303 East Holmes Rd MemphisOctober 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers, how we work as a family. The company its self is a a superb place of employment,most of all management listen to feed back an take immediate action on any situations rather its a good one or or bad.I actually would recommend any one that is pursing a position in distribution. I am currently in school for Medical Lab Tech i have one more year before i get my degree i am 46 years of age and in the process of bettering myself and i would love a career in the hospice community, I think i would be a positive vibe . .
Pros
family oriented
nobody wants to train new employees
Machinist 1 (Former Employee) –  memphis,tennesseeOctober 7, 2018
it was a good company with self centered employees the older employees did not want to train new employees and it seemed like everyone was out for theirself
Pros
decent money
Cons
little free time
Good Company
PROCUREMENT ANALYST I, (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 2, 2018
In comparison to other companies I've worked for Smith and Nephew is a good place to work. Once you are assigned your tasks you are not micro managed and there is always someone you can go do to answers when needed.
Smith & Nephew
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 30, 2018
The hardest part of the job is trying not to get tired from standing up all day. The breaks are good and they feed us on most days. I have no complaints about this job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not Enough Work Days
fin place to work fro
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Smith & Nephew offers great opportunities for advancement in Florida and Texas. The benefits are excellent. The work hours are long within the Negative Pressure Wound Therapy cases.
Good Work Life Balance
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Flexible work hours and great vacation package. 401K is 6% matching plus an additional 4.5% they contribute on your behalf. Insurance is comparable to industry standards.
Great Products, Good People, Poor Management
Group Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2018
Smith & Nephew is a good company with some great people. It is a sales driven company that needs to invest in it's supporting infrastructure and systems.
Pros
Mostly great people that are very dedicated
Cons
Poor Management
All flash no substance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2018
Lots of waste with poor leadership. Employees are very unhappy and churn is high. Verbally Abusive managers create toxic environments. Smith & Nephew is a stepping stone to a better medical device career if you get a bad manager.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Toxic managers
Not a great place to work
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2018
Despite company efforts to become a "Great Place to Work" there were significant challenges in Operations:

* Aggressive targets and a lack of capable resources which overstretched the organization
* Flip-flopping strategies as senior management changed
* A culture which likes to make things more complicated than they need to be
Stressful work place to work
Finisher I- Certified Laser Technician Trainer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 29, 2018
I work 12 hours 3 days 1 week and 12 hours 4 days the next week every other weekend. the company is trying to save money. I do have the opportunity to go back to school but can't because of hours and shift. something i would love to finish doing. Don't get enough vacation time.
good steady work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2018
great people to work with little stressful sometimes, management needs more hands on supervision over temps, state of art equipment, steady work and room for advancement if you go after it
used to be
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAAugust 16, 2018
this company changed allot. they used to care about the employees. they took away allot of the fun things they did for the employees. the company started to care about the $$ they was spending on their employees but hey i guess its ok to place over 12, 72" tv all over the place though as they cut out all the stuff the employees got to do. its basically a place or u to work at nothing more
Pros
good benfits
Cons
everything else
Project Manager, Sales Training Operations (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 13, 2018
Good company to work for...manager encouraged education
Tuition reimbursement
Work Life Balance
hardest part of the job is getting responses from upper managment
Good company to work for
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2018
Since leaving, company has gone to 2-2-3 schedule 12 hr shifts. Company does micromanage though. Paid lunch break and a 3 minute grace period. Management communicates well with employees.
Great Culture
Quality Assurance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2018
I have worked here for 3 years and definitely have found the company I was looking for since I got my degree. The people and management are great; the work/life balance is wonderful. I have been able to grow and learn here at my own pace.
Good only for a diverse Schedule
Parts Finisher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2018
The company has a good upper management, yet it is lacking in the lower management. It is very easy to get hurt on the job and employees are known to harass and bully new hires.
It's a good job
Finisher (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2018
I am being a little picky about the salary I make because I am way overqualified for my position. But, the company itself is very nice and everyone gets along. No drama and a good pace to the work.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Bad hiring team. (Specifically, the Biology and Clinical department).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smith & Nephew. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss