Smith & Nephew Employee Reviews

used to be
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAAugust 16, 2018
this company changed allot. they used to care about the employees. they took away allot of the fun things they did for the employees. the company started to care about the $$ they was spending on their employees but hey i guess its ok to place over 12, 72" tv all over the place though as they cut out all the stuff the employees got to do. its basically a place or u to work at nothing more
Pros
good benfits
Cons
everything else
Good company to work for
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2018
Since leaving, company has gone to 2-2-3 schedule 12 hr shifts. Company does micromanage though. Paid lunch break and a 3 minute grace period. Management communicates well with employees.
Great Culture
Quality Assurance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2018
I have worked here for 3 years and definitely have found the company I was looking for since I got my degree. The people and management are great; the work/life balance is wonderful. I have been able to grow and learn here at my own pace.
Good only for a diverse Schedule
Parts Finisher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2018
The company has a good upper management, yet it is lacking in the lower management. It is very easy to get hurt on the job and employees are known to harass and bully new hires.
It's a good job
Finisher (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2018
I am being a little picky about the salary I make because I am way overqualified for my position. But, the company itself is very nice and everyone gets along. No drama and a good pace to the work.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Bad hiring team. (Specifically, the Biology and Clinical department).
good company
Quality Manager I (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2018
I had meaningful work to do and worked with some excellent people. Working is Quality is extremely rewarding and there is always progress to made and work to be done. .
Pros
autonomous work environment
Good Enviorment
Machinist II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2018
Good Environment to work overall management changing. Work steady no lay off. Good benefits and people, continuing to grow everyday. pay for school and certifications.
Unprofessional
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 8, 2018
This was the first time I have experienced a work environment like this. Very unprofessional,lack of communication and verbal abuse. I extremely DO NOT recommend this company to anyone. Yes they are very successful but id rather be with a company who cares about there employees.
n/a
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 8, 2018
Never knew what work load you had until you came to work. Very unorganized,confusion, switching from one job to next, number of errors everyday. I was promised permanent but never happen. I was a excellent employee.
PLace sucks
Assembly Tech (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 24, 2018
Wish I never worked here Harassment they sweep everything under the rug dont deal with problems just ignore it . For the most part management id incompetent.
Pros
Benifits Vacation
Cons
Harrasment
Executive Admin - Procurement (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 20, 2018
Smith and Nephew is a great place to work, management very engaged, all team players. Great, up-beat, atmosphere, business casual. All Supervisors were very engaged.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No benefits
Decent company overall
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 19, 2018
Management is inconsiderate and condescending to production floor employees. They do not listen to production floor employees about issues that are hindering their performance. Management continuously increases production demands, but does not incorporate improved systems that would set their employees up for success. And although management knows it all, they somehow can't figure out how to significantly decrease scrap and improve their employee retention rate. My supervisor has the poorest interpersonal skills I've ever experienced from any member of management.

Also, the pressure of meeting production rates is so high, many times employees skip company provided breaks. Sad to say, Smith & Nephew is a modern day sweat shop. The only difference is they have air-conditioned facilities.

This company needs a complete management overhaul. They can't keep people, because they don't know how to treat people.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Great company
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2018
Great company with great benefits, but there is no career path. Cost of living raises are given every year, but other than that your salary doesn't increase even with promotions.
Benefits
Cons
No career path
Productive and understanding
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 5, 2018
Smith & Nephew has a verity of different cultures. The employees are friendly and work very well as a team. The managers are extremely nice and understanding, they apply by all rules,
Work life balance/internal support for employees
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 4, 2018
Several meetings per day, Learned that my development is up to me the company will not influence it. Culture changed to unprofessional, hardest part of job was balancing managing and performing analysis work for upper management. The most enjoyable was being able to share expertise and knowledge with others. Working together to solve problems and seeing results.
Pros
Meaning products that help people
Cons
Unprofessional environment
Culture is fun and people are great to work with
Unknown (Current Employee) –  UnknownJune 3, 2018
Management is not held to same standard as employees. Open door policy is just that....open door , no action.
Not much room for growth or development plan.
Valuable Experience
Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2018
A good company and some teams are work good together. Although most can be a very caddy and are not willing to work together or assist you with any projects.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Poor Management
Push for profit not quality
Production Scheduler/ Buyer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 30, 2018
Stress driven to make production number, and sacrifice to quality. the benefits and pay outweigh the issue that the management have to endure.Most cases you do get the chance to meet great people along the way.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of concern for staff
Interesting
Product Specific Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 26, 2018
It was cool to be able to get in to something like this without schooling since its a mix of sales and medical knowledge. Indirect sales reps are not the way to go since they dont have the security and systems in play to really succeed.
Pros
Foot in the door for potential growth in that field
Cons
Didnt have a good training system
great workplace
Order Management Representative- Domestic (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2018
great place to work. I would recommend this company to anybody looking for a lasting career and company to work for. Also has a great benefit package.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smith & Nephew. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight